Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Would ShizMai work out?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would ShizMai work out?

Post by GAP on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:36 am

In the magazine previews provided by Luu, there a picture of Mai and Shizuru together suggesting that Sunrise was going to pair off the two. My question to ShizNat fans is this: if Sunrise went through with that idea, do you think it would had worked out?

Edit: It is ShizMai, not MaiNat.

Last edited by GAP on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 418
Armitage GUTS!!! : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would ShizMai work out?

Post by Amaya on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:38 am

Wait? Are you asking for MaiShiz or MaiNat now? You title says MaiNat but your text Shizuru and Mai. I am a bit confused

Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

View user profile http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:01 am

Sorry I'll change that.

Edit: Would it had worked out?

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zanekal1 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:58 pm

I belive it would I think shizuru is looking for someone who will see past her looks and status and love her for who she is and I think mai could do that
and speaking of which I have to add a new chapter to my shizmai story Wink

zanekal1
Looks like a Yukino tastes like a Chie
Looks like a Yukino tastes like a Chie

Bubuzuke points : 628
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

View user profile http://krypton619.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:05 pm

I don't know...I don't like the idea of that pairing. I just love the straight Mai I guess plus it's hard to see Shizuru with someone other than Natsuki. Mai didn't fall for Reito either. I mean she was attracted to him but in the end she rejected him. To me Reito and Shizuru are a bit similar and therefore I think ShizMai would not work out.

Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:25 pm

I found that pairing a bit...um...weird? I don't think it would work out.

Coz well, seeing from the person that Shizuru is, I dont think Mai would be interesting enough for her. I mean, lets see, Natsuki and Nao both has things that Shizuru's interested in enough for her to poke and prod at (Natsuki's cold exterior that hides her true self and Nao's dark history). And well, for Mai...Shizuru doesn't know her all that well, only that she's Natsuki's best friend...and I dunno, they just doesn't click in my head... ><

But then again, this is my two cents. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 pm

GAP wrote:In the magazine previews provided by Luu, there a picture of Mai and Shizuru together suggesting that Sunrise was going to pair off the two. My question to ShizNat fans is this: if Sunrise went through with that idea, do you think it would had worked out?

Edit: It is ShizMai, not MaiNat.

Oh my, was that me? xD My memory is shot.

Yes I recall that image, it's hard to say whether ShizMai (or as me and PsychoKat101 like to put it, MaiZuru) would work or not. Amaya said it best that Shizuru is a lot like Reito, so there would be a lot of uneasiness on the part of Mai.

I won't deny they look great together though. <3 They both have the biggest set of boobs in the series, minus Haruka.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Well, shizNat seems to work beter than ShizMai. I just cannot see the dynamic between tem.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:32 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

I won't deny they look great together though. <3 They both have the biggest set of boobs in the series, minus Haruka.

You need to stop pairing boobs Nao Yuuki

Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:28 am

i agree with amaya on this one. Shizuru is alot like Reito, so it just wouldn't work. although i can't help but agree with Luu too, it is a tantalising mental picture xD

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5947
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Amaya wrote:You need to stop pairing boobs Nao Yuuki

...pun intended. Nao Yuuki

*high fives Neena Daddy* I agree with you, good sir. :)

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Amaya wrote:You need to stop pairing boobs Nao Yuuki

...pun intended. Nao Yuuki

*high fives Neena Daddy* I agree with you, good sir. :)

*high five* awwwweee yeeeaaaaa :DR Kruger:

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5947
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:20 pm

With enough interaction between the two, I think it could definitely work. :3

Let's put them in this scenario: Natsuki rejects Shizuru (and as for romantic feelings, this actually happened. *LE GASP*) gently, of course. Shizuru mopes around. Mai sees her mope around.
Mai is the kind of girl who would want to cheer anyone up. Especially now that the HiME Festival is all cleared up, she's back to her old, retardedly-happy self, if not in a better state of mind.
Mai wouldn't just let Shizuru be depressed like so. She would want to solve whatever problem there was, for instance, be a person to talk to. Maybe even share a lunch or two with the lovely Kaichou. Point is, Mai would be someone similar to a therapist.
Relationships develop, people. ;3 You know what happens next. Their acquaintanceship will evolve into friendship, and ever so gradually, into a romantic relationship. It happens everyday in 3D land, so why not in the HiME verse? Come on, push the cannon from your mind and bask in the glory which is MaiZuru. You don't know what you'll be missin'. :3

All in all, I think it's quite possible they could hook up. Mai isn't a straight girl chasing penises, face it. Everyone at that high-school age is wondering about their sexuality, and Shizuru would happily help Mai into the wonderful world of lesbians.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mai_Tokiha on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:37 pm

PsychoKat101 wrote:With enough interaction between the two, I think it could definitely work. :3

Let's put them in this scenario: Natsuki rejects Shizuru (and as for romantic feelings, this actually happened. *LE GASP*) gently, of course. Shizuru mopes around. Mai sees her mope around.
Mai is the kind of girl who would want to cheer anyone up. Especially now that the HiME Festival is all cleared up, she's back to her old, retardedly-happy self, if not in a better state of mind.
Mai wouldn't just let Shizuru be depressed like so. She would want to solve whatever problem there was, for instance, be a person to talk to. Maybe even share a lunch or two with the lovely Kaichou. Point is, Mai would be someone similar to a therapist.
Relationships develop, people. ;3 You know what happens next. Their acquaintanceship will evolve into friendship, and ever so gradually, into a romantic relationship. It happens everyday in 3D land, so why not in the HiME verse? Come on, push the cannon from your mind and bask in the glory which is MaiZuru. You don't know what you'll be missin'. :3

All in all, I think it's quite possible they could hook up. Mai isn't a straight girl chasing penises, face it. Everyone at that age is wondering about their sexuality, and Shizuru would happily help Mai into the wonderful world of lesbians.

In real life, this would be a realistic scenario, so why not in an anime.
Besides, our lovely Kaichou, would gladly help Mai to explore her lesbian side, not only because Shizuru is an A'-lesbian (like an A' She-wolf), but also because Mai is very "gifted" Wink

I'd like to read a doujin about ShizMai (Shizuru isn't the kind of person, who would be glad to be mentioned 2nd, so I placed her name 1st,lol), if there is any translated, please let me know :)

Mai_Tokiha
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 82
Armitage GUTS!!! : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:31 am

I'd like to read a doujin about ShizMai (Shizuru isn't the kind of person, who would be glad to be mentioned 2nd, so I placed her name 1st,lol), if there is any translated, please let me know

Sadly, there are no ShizMai/MaiZuru doujin(yet). ;-; I've been all around the web searching with no results. >_<!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:24 am

ShizMai, in my option, can have as many hopes to becoming real as ShizNatsu (even though I find that pairing hell strange, these days). After all, ShizNatsu only lasted for a mere fifteen minutes-this including HiME, Otome, EXA and all the mangas and the story arc from Mai Destiny. I've never really understood ShizNatsu, it is just... there, really, sure; Shizuru is absolutely obsessed with Natsuki, but the fanatics of ShizNatsu usually miss something out, just like Psycho explained. Natsuki said she loved Shizuru, but only in a platonic sense, nothing romantic. So who is to say, that Natsuki just gave up and suggested to try it with Shizuru, to see what it would be like to see what Shizuru sees in her precisely?

Even though there are scraps of information which Sunrise have left us, detailing on the ending to the HiME ShizNatsu, you cannot forget that this doesn't mean they lived happily ever after in the sense of a romantic relationship. It could have easily come to the route of them falling into a deeper friendship, something that Shizuru was at least comfortable with.

I myself found NatMai to be the true couple of the series, I even thought NatMai was going to be the centre couple of Mai HiME, but obviously that didn't happen.

However, ShizMai has happened in the series-Shizuru is the ultimate teaser, it is how she releases the energy and emotion which she keeps tense behind those masked walls of hers. So if anything; let's say what I said about the ending of ShizNatsu actually happened. Where would Shizuru go? Definitely not to Reito, not in a romantic gesture, perhaps for the comfort of knowing he'd supply her with much needed confidence of getting through what she was feeling. But Mai is the ultimate aider of the whole series, she lost her mother, and to my belief, she is pretty much bi, either that or bi-curious, and there is enough evidence of her leaning towards Natsuki in the subtext world of yuri.

What Mai sees in Shizuru, is literally a very dulled down version of a fangirls-she would see perfection, however due to the HiME carnival and information being supplied to her by Natsuki and Reito, she would have learned very quickly that Shizuru is more Human than that. So with this stored away in that motherly brain of hers, when she was to find Shizuru moping about thoughtlessly, she would definitely want to help her conquer the emotions of depression, and helplessness.

Mai and Shizuru are more alike than people give credit for, Mai would help Natsuki through something no matter what, caring for her, if she was ill. Shizuru would also aid Natsuki through the impossible. They have a system of almost obsession to make sure their loved ones are cared for, else they'll feel down and guilty if something was to happen to them.

A Perfect Circle is an ultimate example to how Mai feels around Natsuki for wanting to look after her.

But alas, Sunrise never gives us enough information within one subject for us to fully understand what our much loved characters are like and how they'd properly react to certain situations. But above all, this is how I see Shizuru, Natsuki and Mai.

Although then again, how can anyone have a proper relation to knowing how ShizMai, ShizNatsu, NatNao, hell, even ShizTom works out?

Shizuru - Background Information = Unknown.
Natsuki - Lost her mother, Saeko, betrayed by her also but at last moment Saeko changed her mind, due to this, Natsuki doesn't trust very well at all.
Mai - Lost her mother for medical reasons, this led to Mai gaining her complex for caring for Takumi, who in response, is somewhat weak and on medication.

Shizuru is pretty much a secondary character, from how her information is truly displayed to us, I believe at the beginning Sunrise did want the HiME series to become NatMai, but for some reason that changed.

But yes, Shizuru would want to understand Mai more if it was the case of becoming ShizMai-she would want to know absolutely why Mai wanted to help her, and then this would eventually lead her to teasing Mai, her form of releasing her frustration out on her; surely you've heard the drama CD of Shizuru literally raping Mai in the store? Perhaps she was attempting to coax a reaction out of Natsuki, but one cannot know fully, well, Shizuru is screwed over the head, and don't scream out to me in this, because you know very well that it is true. She even suggested helping Mikoto of all people with her first bra, something I am sure anyone would find odd, since Mikoto is so young and doesn't even understand love enough to be with anyone.

Shizuru could literally be with anyone with enough altered plot I believe, well-Tomoe would be difficult, because after all, Shizuru was absolutely evil to her, and I won't detail on this too much, because I know it'll bring argument which isn't needed.

And so, in their own right, ShizMai can easily take place both within Mai HiME and Mai Otome. (Shizuru and Mai would have been somewhat close in Otome during the student years, this being because she was the roommate of Natsuki, whilst obviously, Shizuru was Oneesama to Natsuki). If anything, if something was to happen to Natsuki, there is a greater chance Shizuru would end up meeting with Mai in the Black Valley, since it is a closer to location to An Nam, for where her own Oneesama, Anh Luu is situated.

Although AGAIN, Otome gives out no information whatsoever about characters and their backgrounds, except for Arika and Nina, which was vaguely explained in Sifr.

I think the main trouble which the series has got is not giving out enough information to its fans, this being a reason why ShizNatsu is blared out so constantly to the state of blandness. If characters had more background plot and their personalities between each other were given more screentime, I think other pairings would eventually appear.

Do you notice this also? The pairings, some, who aren't even together, are usually couples in FanFictions: ShizNatsu, HaruKino, ChiAoi, AriMash, NiAri, KazuAka.

The reason for why people don't give a pairing a chance, such as ShizMai, is because they don't fully understand those two characters to a full extent.

Viola X ruby
Because I am willing to give this pairing a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:39 pm

I have always thought so, I think if Natsuki was not in Mai HiME Shizuru would go after Mai,

Even before Shiznat was clear when i was originally watching the series, I hoped for one of three things
1: Shizuru and Natsuki + Mai and Midori
or
2: Shizuru and Mai + Natsuki and Midori
or
3: Shizuru and Midori + Natsuki and Mai

So I can see it happening

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3740
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:I have always thought so, I think if Natsuki was not in Mai HiME Shizuru would go after Mai,

Even before Shiznat was clear when i was originally watching the series, I hoped for one of three things
1: Shizuru and Natsuki + Mai and Midori
or
2: Shizuru and Mai + Natsuki and Midori
or
3: Shizuru and Midori + Natsuki and Mai

So I can see it happening

I know the manga came after, but a Mai x Natsuki x Shizuru love triangle would of been a difficult act to follow. Mai and Natsuki lusting over Tate would feel so minuscule by comparison.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top