Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

No Teabags in My Cereal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Teabags in My Cereal

Post by Chibi Rachy on Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 pm

This would be a series of drabbles meant to answer the yuri_challenge (on LiveJournal) lightning round prompt "effort". The idea for this one was given by Judamacaby. I'm just writing it as it comes to me. So far there are 3 drabbles for this tale, but there will be 4 or 5 in the end. All are 300 words each, as per the prompt. Each drabble can easily stand on its own, but I think it's more fun when they're read as a series.

No Teabags in My Cereal

Natsuki ran her fingers through her hair, frustrated. It had not been an easy day, at least mentally. It was more like a “what the hell was wrong with Shizuru?” day. True, Shizuru had worked long hours the past week, but did that really mean that she had to toss a used teabag into Natsuki’s cereal with all the strength she could muster? That in itself had required a wardrobe change. Then again, Shizuru using teabags was a sign that she was too busy.

Figuring out Shizuru was tricky business. Natsuki felt that sometimes she just didn’t know what was wrong with her. She’d try and try, but often come up empty handed. That girl kept more inside than…something. Natsuki wasn’t sure what exactly. She did need to fix things between the two of them though. She hated being at odds with her girlfriend. Whenever things were sour, one partner should always try to help the other somehow. That’s what Mai always said.

The only trouble was what could she do? Mai always cooked for Tate. It took only a few seconds of picturing herself at the stove stirring a large pot before it started smoking profusely and became engulfed in flames. She quickly scratched that idea. If she couldn’t cook, then she’d try for takeout. Perhaps that place down the street that Shizuru enjoyed…

Takeout it would be. Then what? Surely Shizuru wouldn’t be pleased with just that. Natsuki frowned. Clearly this was going to take a lot more effort than she thought. She picked up her keys and headed out the door. She’d come up with the rest of her plan at work. She hoped that at the end of the evening, Shizuru would be back to herself. Or at least keep her teabags away from Natsuki’s cereal.

No Teabags in My Cereal Part 2: Takeout and Teasing

Placing the last of the takeout containers on the table, Natsuki wiped her brow. She’d just made it home before Shizuru. She glanced up at the clock. Any moment now Shizuru would—

“I’m home,” called a gentle voice as the door opened. There was the sound of shoes being slipped off and placed inside the basket. “I’ll get dinner started and you can—“

Natsuki quickly appeared in front of Shizuru. “There’s no need,” she remarked. I took care of it?”

“You cooked? But after last time—“

“Trust me, there’s no pancakes on the ceiling,” answered a flustered Natsuki crossing her arms. “I got your favorite takeout instead. I thought you could take it easy tonight instead of worrying about everything.” She moved closer to the surprised Shizuru and slipped an arm around her waist. “Come on.” She began to lead her to the living room.

“Natsuki… you didn’t have to, you know,” whispered Shizuru softly.

“I did, Shizuru. It took me long enough to figure it out, but I realized I wasn’t paying attention to you. I was busy with my work and you with yours. You were stressed out, and I didn’t catch it.”

“Until I threw the teabag into your cereal?” supplied Shizuru.

“Well, that was kind of a wakeup call. I mean, that’s not a normal thing to do to your girlfriend you know.” Natsuki stopped just in front of the low coffee table and turned to Shizuru. “Look, I just want you to enjoy tonight, okay?”

Shizuru put her arms around Natsuki’s waist and pulled her close. “You sure you aren’t doing it just so I don’t throw more teabags at you?” she teased.

“Hey, don’t twist my words!”

Shizuru giggled and kissed Natsuki’s cheek. “Ara, the truth comes out now I see.”

“Shizuru!”

No Teabags in My Cereal Part 3: Read or Else

Empty takeout cartons sat on the table. Shizuru eyed them and began gathering them to her. Dinner was over and she’d clean up before she had to dust the living room. There would be time to vacuum as well if she hurried.

“What are you doing?” asked Natsuki, eying her warily.

“Clearing the table so that I can take care of the other chores. There’s quite a bit to do tonight. I’m afraid it will be another late night—“ She was surprised to see Natsuki reach across the table and push all the containers away from her.

“I don’t think so,” replied Natsuki.

“Natsuki! Don’t be like that. There’s a lot—“

Natsuki cut her off again. “No. You worked all day. I told you you were going to relax tonight.” She pointed to the couch, and a book on the side table. “Read. You haven’t in I don’t know how long, and I know you loved that book.”

“But the chores!”

“I’ll take care of the table and the other things. Relax.” Natsuki’s tone left no room for arguing.

Shizuru held up her hands in defeat as Natsuki stood and guided her to the couch, making sure that Shizuru wouldn’t attempt to clean or any such nonsense. Natsuki placed the book in Shizuru’s hands. “Read.”

Knowing that she was beaten, Shizuru picked up the book and flipped to the page she had last read. At first, she had no clue as to what was going on. The more she thought about it, the more she had trouble remembering the last time she’d read the book. Perhaps Natsuki was right. She really did need to rest, and Natsuki had put so much effort into making sure that she did. At that moment, Shizuru was truly grateful for her girlfriend.

More to come in the future... XD I've got a Puella Magi fic in the works for someone as part of a trade so I switch off between the two.

Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

View user profile http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: No Teabags in My Cereal

Post by GoldenSun13 on Tue May 31, 2011 6:33 am

:) I commented on part one on DeviantArt.

Yay for part 2 and 3 :D

Natsuki is so sweet. But the last sentence "At that moment, Shizuru was truly grateful for her girlfriend" gives me a sense of foreboding, as if Natsuki might do something to make Shizuru angry Razz I'm sure it's just me though.

Looking forward to the rest Wink

GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

View user profile http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy on Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Title: No Teabags Part 4: Skilled Aim
Author: DigiExpert
Fandom: Mai HiME
Pairing: Natsuki/Shizuru
Rating: G
Request/Prompt: Effort
Contains: what the title says and poor Natsuki's
Word Count: 300
Summary: Third Way to fix things: A nice long bath, but beware of swinging arms that have great aim.
Notes: The fourth of what will be 5 or 6 drabbles on this prompt showcasing this pairing. They'll be able to stand alone as well. Credit for the idea for this drabble and future ones goes to Judamacaby

She was warm and peaceful, swirling in the blackness of sleep. It was welcome. However, that shaking sensation was not welcome at all. It made the blackness disappear, and as she came forward to consciousness, she realized someone was waking her. Reaching out, she swatted at them, trying to go back to sleep.

“Ow, Shizuru! Sheesh, what is it with your aim sometimes?”

Shizuru jarred awake then at the sound and looked to Natsuki, who was holding a hand over her right eye. “What did I—“

“You swung out and nailed me right in the eye. With my luck, it’ll turn black before morning. Won’t that be great to show off at work?” replied Natsuki sarcastically.

“Ara, I’m sorry, Natsuki. Shizuru reached up and pulled Natsuki onto the couch with her. Natsuki readily came, and Shizuru gently kissed the area next to her eye.

“It’s all right. You fell asleep reading.” Natsuki pointed to the book on the floor.

“Oh my…I guess I was more tired than I thought.”

“You work too hard, Shizuru. I guess I didn’t really notice it much before. Come on, I’ve finished drawing you a bath though. You need to relax and get rid of the stress.”

“Won’t Natsuki join me?”

“No, Shizuru. I want you to have the time to yourself. Forget about everything else, and simply focus on you.”

“But I’d rather have your warm skin against my back.”

“No.”

“Well… if you carry me, then I shall go.”

“What?! No way!”

Shizuru only nodded and smiled. Natsuki grumbled and stood, reaching for her girlfriend. Even getting her to take a bath on her own was a lot of effort. It was hard to avoid Shizuru’s flirtations. Natsuki carried Shizuru bridal style, while a content Shizuru wrapped her arms around Natsuki’s neck.

Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Very entertaining series of ShizNat...drabbles. ShizNat2 The latest, Skilled Aim, was a fun little read, showing how adorable these two can get.

“No, Shizuru. I want you to have the time to yourself. Forget about everything else, and simply focus on you.”

Natsuki is so unselfish. *hugs her*

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:00 pm

No Teabags in My Cereal Part 5: Sleepy Lavender

The warm water was soothing to her tired body, and she slid down to her shoulders. Closing her eyes, she reveled in the relief it provided her. Natsuki had tried to set the mood with scented candles. The scent of lavender wafted throughout the room. She breathed deeply, trying to follow Natsuki’s advice to think of nothing but herself and relaxing in the bath.

Shizuru couldn’t help but let her mind wander to the tasks and chores that still needed completed. She mentally smacked herself each time, unsure of what to do to clear her mind. She sighed, and breathed deeply. If she had to, she’d force herself to focus on the environment instead. Ara, that lavender did smell delightful after all.

The next thing she knew, she was jerking upright in the water, which now felt quite tepid. She shivered involuntarily, immediately realizing that she’d fallen asleep in the bath. How long had she been out anyway? There wasn’t a clock in their bathroom. She had known she was worn out, but she didn’t think she was that worn out. Quickly, she scrubbed up and threw a bathrobe on, securing it around her waist.

Padding down the hallway to the living room in bare feet, she searched for Natsuki. She was greeted by the sight of Natsuki shaking the feather duster and grumbling angrily. Shizuru quickly covered her mouth with her hand, trying to hide her laughter, but that effort was harder than she thought.

Natsuki spun around on her heels. “Sh-Shizuru! I didn’t think you’d be done yet.” Natsuki looked down at the duster in her hand and flushed bright red. “Not what it looks like!”

Shizuru ignored her statements and moved closer, wrapping her arms around Natsuki’s waist. “Oh Natsuki… I do love you and your ways.”

Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Part 6: Thank You

Natsuki found herself sprawled on the couch, Shizuru on top of her. Before she could protest, Shizuru’s soft lips pressed against her own, and she found her hands roaming up and down Shizuru’s sides. She had never expected Shizuru to try something like this on tonight of all nights.

However, before she could speak, she felt Shizuru’s hand dip lower, and Natsuki pulled back in a groan as Shizuru rubbed through her jeans. This… was not expected at all. Shizuru continued, ignoring her.

“I want you…” whispered Shizuru huskily. She kissed Natsuki again, deepening the kiss.

Natsuki shifted on the couch, getting more comfortable. Her fingers fumbled about, but easily slipped inside of Shizuru’s robe. The skin was warm to the touch, and Natsuki massaged and caressed gently. She began to lose herself in the moment, desire taking over.

She continued to seek out Shizuru’s most sensitive spots, loving the soft moans she received in turn. Shizuru was quite sensitive above the waist, and Natsuki’s hand began to dip lower slowly.

…And that’s about when she noticed that Shizuru had slowed down. She opened her eyes, only to find Shizuru sleeping against her mouth. Sighing, she removed her hands and picked up the sleeping figure. She carried Shizuru gently to their room, and placed her into bed. After tucking the covers around her, she looked down.

“You’re so tired you can’t give any effort… I hope you take it easier from now on.” She turned and headed for the living room.

“Natsuki?” came the almost inaudible whisper.

“Hmm?”

“Thank you for tonight. For everything.”

“Just promise me one thing,” began Natsuki.

“What?”

“Please don’t throw any more teabags in my cereal.” As she left the room, she was rather certain that she heard soft laughter coming from the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And thus, this drabble series is at an end. I hope you enjoyed it! Now to move forward on my writing projects so that I can begin a new one this summer :D

Chibi Rachy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top