Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Bullying? Really?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bullying? Really?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed May 18, 2011 11:26 pm

Bringing this thread back to life since a personal discussion between me and a frustrated deviant (won't say who it is), sparked it. Thanks to last month's forum maintenance, this thread disappeared so I will start again by giving quicker thoughts on the subject and what I've seen on TV.

Bullying has become this worldwide problem like some sort of plague when it's been around forever and it's about time attention was brought to it. I never experienced much bullying by anyone, not even my own parents or co-workers because it became clear that I'd lose my mind. I was quiet but assertive (LATINO HEAT), with a decent amount of friends to help me remember that I'm worth it. I do not find pleasure in tormenting someone, mentally or physically for whatever reason. Homosexuals tend to get it the worse, hence the "It gets better" revolution. Though I see myself as a heartless individual, we are all children of the Earth. In our screwed up world, the best we can do is cuddle up against those who weren't influenced by negativity. The sweet little 5 year boy who wanted to grow up and become a artist is nao part of an anti-gay group. The well educated girl who could of graduated valedictorian is nao dead because she openly confessed her love for another girl and paid the price for it. Nice people change because they hear what other morons say and want to fit in and the most academically superb person can be torn down by bullying.

I have a Peruvian channel that I watch every so often (hey, I do have Peruvian blood in me), unlike in America, they show raw footage of what happens around their cities and schools. To accidentally tune into a segment on bullying, showing the actual acts live and in person was not fun to watch. It made me want to put my life on the line for someone I didn't know. Stupid, but this is who I am, a self proclaimed American hero.

No matter what you're going through, talk to someone about it. nao that bullying is on watch, do not hesitate to report actions to an adult or police officer. This is not the mafia messing with you, just spineless pieces of garbage who can't get laid, unless it's with some skank ass pusssy. You ARE worth it. Stay strong and stay alive, because there's ALWAYS someone out there who loves you for who you are.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Bullying? Really?

Post by MidnightPersona on Thu May 19, 2011 2:49 am

Huh. We were all talking about this in chat earlier...

This is something I think almost all of us have had a great deal of.

If you wanna read about my personal life that I think sounds whiny:

Spoiler:
In school I was the girl everyone hated. I nao think it was probably my Haruka-like attitude with more ANGER because I didn't have a Yukino to keep me strong. I had people go between love and hate with me, ya know? And even then it was changing so much within their heads I felt useless. I rarely hurt anyone. I bit a kid once on the bus and I got into 1 fist fight in 8th grade I didn't start.

That fight... as we all should know I was Haruka-stupid about my love of girls. In 8th my friend Andrea and me (She came out before me in Sophomore year, we never had a thing for each other though xD) we hugged when we saw each other cuz her parents had been keeping us apart (Her parents thought we were together and that I was too unstable.) so yeah. We never had romance, but an ex friend of mine, and after she did this Andrea dropped her, told people she saw us kissing. I was oddly trying to tell Andrea confronting her was a bad idea, but she was REALLY upset so I went with to make sure she didn't get hurt (I was able to be the voice of reason even with my horrid control over my outbursts).

The girl slapped Andrea, hard, I was pissed and maintained some cool, grabbing her shoulder and turning her around to face me. "Don't you ever hit my friend--" Then I got hit, but it grazed my forehead cuz I dodged and then fight, for about 30 seconds, before I stopped and realized she was too weak for me to feel good pwning her.

After her, I, and Andrea got in trouble... They both got 1 day of detention, but I got two weeks inside the ALC room (Alternative Learning Center). The Principle and vice principle and the guidance counselor... lot of em HATED me. The principle blamed me for the ENTIRE matter when Andrea's story matched mine that I didn't throw the first punch/start it and they had us SEPARATED so we couldn't 'collaborate' and yet we STILL said the same thing, but the other girl got into almost NO trouble when I got it ALL and I didn't start it.

Also, in elementary there was a room called 'The Quiet Room' where they would throw 'unruly and destructive' kids into to 'calm down'. There were a few times I was in there for up to a week, carpeted walls, only scarps of paper to keep me company... or school work. Even ate in the room. It was Isolation at it's worse...

I never understood it. Was it because I liked 'boy' things and not 'girl' things? Was it because I was too outspoken? Why was I so angry at the world? I wasn't ugly but I never showed off my body at school, Late Jr. and Senior year I started to and nao I'm so comfortable with myself, but back then I always wore windbreakers and jackets year round, my pants were either high-waters or baggy because pants never fit me right...

I dunno, I've been so use to being tortured and teased by students, teachers, etc. that I never thought much of it after a while until my little sister. I use to HATE HER with a BURNING PASSION and then I got over it just a few months ago. I mean, how bad is that? She's a little angel at times and they hate her because she's overweight when, sadly, genetics can be a bitch (we're half-sisters btw).

Hell, Idk. The same shit that went on with me is happening to her, and almost worse. I got away with more, idk how, but I did.

I'm about to give up on thinking children and society will get better. They're getting worse.

The fact I'm a lesbian? Glad I WAS Haruka and couldn't figure it out all of school. I had 25-30 people BETRAY me in 2 1/2 years starting in the middle of Jr. year. And no, not an exaggeration. Sadly. I can name them all... but whatever.

What *really* kills me is being used AGAINST my sister. Her being told I'm going to hell and all sorts of other shit because I like girls. Even her Grandmother tells her how awful I am. fack the bitch! >:F

My mom doesn't help a lot of it when she tells Julia she's pissed I'm pagan and Julia tells her that she's wrong. I HATE IT! She's fucking ELEVEN about to turn TWELVE and I can talk to her, comfortably, about everything from my feelings to my Fumi damn sex life (Or lack of one currently) and yeah.

...nao that that's done, I'm sorry, couldn't bare to delete all that typing so I just gave an option for people NOT to read.

Bullying is only getting worse as years go by. No one is allowed to defend themselves or even touch another person without risk of being put in jail and other such bs. Even when you should be allowed to defend your rights and self, society takes it away. Non-violence and zero tolerance policies are going to kill us. Somethings are better in theory than a practice.

...this subject is too personal for me.

MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4284
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 on Thu May 19, 2011 3:42 am

:S Hugz for Midnight!

In my high school (Catholic comprehensive) it was kind of understood that it's ok to be gay, so long as you don't participate in 'homosexual activity'. This for some reason, allowed the guys to say they're gay, the majority would be cool with that, but as soon as there was some suspicion that a girl might be gay... heck even the gay guys started talking crap about my friend because they thought she was gay.

Sure, voice your opinion, just don’t voice it with your fists or with hate; Don’t voice it by driving a person to commit suicide; a person who despite their sexual orientation, would probably have become the next PM, or find the cure for the common cold or even have found a way to make us all live better lives.

GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

View user profile http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu May 19, 2011 12:37 pm

What am I a psychic nao, Raven? ;p

I read what you hid away from the public's eye, you're too good of a person to go though all that. Even during a time where you expect a few dozen confrontations here and there. I'm still ignorant to what your home life is like, but you do have friends that care about you and are accepting of your homosexuality. You don't have to discuss any further on the subject, just remember what I said. This was chatbox talk, right? Well there you go, there are plenty of lovely ladies here who are behind you (no ecchi yuri pun intended) all the way.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona on Thu May 19, 2011 4:36 pm

xD New, tis cool Daddy Luu. I just didn't expect to get so emotional xD And yes, everyone is awesome and home life varies xD

But the bad thing is that bullying only gets worse every year for kids in school, not better. It's depressing. People who are different are treated with scorn. Rather sickens me really. xD

But yeah, cbox talk about bullying was going on but then I talked more of Julia then me. xD I just wish there was something more that could be done about bullying.

MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu May 19, 2011 8:55 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:xD New, tis cool Daddy Luu. I just didn't expect to get so emotional xD And yes, everyone is awesome and home life varies xD

But the bad thing is that bullying only gets worse every year for kids in school, not better. It's depressing. People who are different are treated with scorn. Rather sickens me really. xD

But yeah, cbox talk about bullying was going on but then I talked more of Julia then me. xD I just wish there was something more that could be done about bullying.

Strange as the anti-bullying campaign made bullying a crime nao. I heard more success stories than anything lately and that's something that should of happened during my hay day.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Thu May 19, 2011 10:59 pm

I remember I posted something for this topic when it first came out weeks ago, but then the forum spazzed and lost my response. I was hoping it would be restored, since I don't remember exactly what I wrote. ^-^;
Ah wells.

Hm, well, my sob story is a bit dull, so I won't bore you with it.

I just wanted to offer my support to those facing their own bullies. For me, a change in attitude helped a lot. Bullies get a kick out of seeing their victims squirm, so my best advice is "don't". Don't let them get to you.
And if a punch is needed to shut them up, then punch them. Hard. And away from prying eyes, if you prefer to not get in trouble at school or something.

I'm the kind of person that likes to deprive my enemies of the satisfaction of their victory, so that's usually how I play. Someone wants to make me feel bad about myself using words, I show them indifference.
...I think that's why I'm so good at being a killjoy? Maybe? XD

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8908
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1349

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 on Fri May 20, 2011 7:53 am

In the words of Stephen Fry: If they come near you start screaming "Don't touch me, don't touch me, I'll get an erection!"

Oh dear...

GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

View user profile http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri May 20, 2011 1:38 pm

dye882003 wrote:I remember I posted something for this topic when it first came out weeks ago, but then the forum spazzed and lost my response. I was hoping it would be restored, since I don't remember exactly what I wrote. ^-^;
Ah wells.

I just wanted to offer my support to those facing their own bullies. For me, a change in attitude helped a lot. Bullies get a kick out of seeing their victims squirm, so my best advice is "don't". Don't let them get to you.
And if a punch is needed to shut them up, then punch them. Hard. And away from prying eyes, if you prefer to not get in trouble at school or something.

I'm the kind of person that likes to deprive my enemies of the satisfaction of their victory, so that's usually how I play. Someone wants to make me feel bad about myself using words, I show them indifference.

You know, Dye, I actually agree with your philosophy. Pretend your aggressors are like balloons, pop them hard enough and they'll go away. ;3

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Mon May 30, 2011 10:27 am

dye882003 wrote:I remember I posted something for this topic when it first came out weeks ago, but then the forum spazzed and lost my response. I was hoping it would be restored, since I don't remember exactly what I wrote. ^-^;
Ah wells.

this is the same tactic i use. bullies roll around in groups, and individually, they are nothing. they really on the constant pushings from their group standing behind them. in school (i don't get bullied anymore cause i hardly even go out >.<) i used to cop a fair bit of crap. i treated them with indifference. everytime i saw a gaping hole in their arguments/taunts though, i turned it on them. using my intellect as my weapon.

i know, from both sides of the stories, what it's like. i used to be the biggest bully in my primary school (something i am NOT proud of), so i know that the worst thing you can do is undermine them. make them feel intellectually inadequate in front of their friends. but if you get physical, do it away from everyone. because otherwise their friends will jump in, i pretty much guarantee that.

my transformation from away from bullying was basically overnight, not really mentally healthy. so every now and then, i snapped. because i never was taught how to deal with things, so i did what i thought worked best, and just bottled it up. so being bullied kinda helped in a way with my anger issues. but once i started playing contact sports bullies left me alone (they saw what i am capable of when i want to do something). so that was pretty much a victory there.

when it boils down to it though, mentally belittling them is what i found to be the most effective form of defense.

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5947
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek on Mon May 30, 2011 5:56 pm

GoldenSun13 wrote:In the words of Stephen Fry: If they come near you start screaming "Don't touch me, don't touch me, I'll get an erection!"

Oh dear...

Stephen Fry...British Legend......

well, as I said in the previous thread concerning this, I get a lot of stick for being just me, let alone being gay. I guess it did get pretty bad, especially last year/this year (wootlastyearofsecondary school...go FIGURE) but, I ended up sticking it out to the end. There are too many people I love to talk to, all my friends, here, school, other forums...Basically everywhere. And I know Britain is seen as a more Gay-tolerant country to some...but really it doesn't matter where you go, homophobia's there. My school wasn't exactly the most...helpful with matters either, strict christian school yay~ with the belief that everything you do wrong means you're gonna burn in hell. Yes the super strict christians who think that a few hours of writing out passages from the good book or shouting at you will cure anything ._.;; good times~
Oh yeah, don't every get in a fight, then say it's because she hit me saying "You gay faggot"....well not at my school anyway.

Now I'm going to college, I am a LOT more positive about myself. I don't have to follow stupid rules that change who I am just to get through a day, and heck, if they don't like it, they can DEAL with it ;D

As soon as my exams are over mum's taking me hair dye shopping and I'm looking at getting some more piercings done <3 I CANNOT WAIT~~~~

GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2326
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:40 pm

I had to debate whether to post this in the bullying thread or the Coming out thread (now renamed with 'Gay/Lesbian Discussion') , but since CNN, Hilary Duff and a lesbian girl steer it towards the bullying category; I decided this thread is best:

And the main attraction, folks:

My thoughts: *sigh* "That's so gay" is indeed a way of saying "That's so STOOPID". Has been since my Elementary school days and that was a long time ago, people. Does that mean it's okay to say now and anytime you want? No; it clearly hurts people out there. I won't lie though, sometimes it slips from my mouth but none of my homosexual friends seem to mind when it does. I've said it around Raven and Neg without a single reaction; so I can include them in my defense as well. But yes, it's something one should think about before vomiting. I believe it was our lovely moderator ookamidesu who pointed out in an old thread that saying "That's so gay" is a no no or something like that. Correct me on this, Dye! xD

My feelings on the commercials won't be silenced though, I think they're kinda weak in proving a point. I understand Hilary Duff's weak line delivery, but Wanda Sykes?! Come on Wanda, you're more clever than repeating poorly written lines.

Oddly enough, Chris Crocker handled this subject much better than two highly paid actors.

^^; To end this; people who say "That's so gay" for no real reason or respect for the homosexual definition of "gay" deserve these messages shoved down their throats. But hey, that's people for you. People are not only stupid, but...

peoples is peoples. Greatest advice/philosophy I've ever received.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:23 am

Bullying...something I'm familiar with. Ever since the first grade I have always been picked on. People would call me names, make fun of things I liked, even said things just to annoy the hell out of me. Whenever people bullied me, I'd lose my temper so much that it'd look like I'm having a temper tantrum. I was even the subject of a couple of punches in my youth as well.

Some guys even accused me of being gay just because I never had a girlfriend. It got so bad, one of my tormentors even asked if I could suck his you-know-what! He even spit in my ear one time! One time, a bully went too far and got me pissed off by saying my parents were terrorists in the middle of class! I got so mad at that point, that I punched him in the head and he was the one who got suspended for it because he provoked me.

Even outside of school I was the subject of people's tormenting, they even vandalized my home a couple of times! One group of people actually threw lit firecrackers at me just for the fun of it!

Now I can rant and rant about bullying because I'm a victim of it, but I know that there have been others who had it worse than I have and I feel nothing but understanding towards them. Lucky for me though, some of the people who tormented me have ended up in jail before they could even graduate. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them were druggies too. But I'm glad I don't have to worry about any of them now, because I live too far away from them.

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 963
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 pm

^^; Jesus jumped up Christ, you had it rough Sulli. It's sad to know that people out there had it worse. What matters is that you're still standing. Arika Yumemiya

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:^^; Jesus jumped up Christ, you had it rough Sulli. It's sad to know that people out there had it worse. What matters is that you're still standing. Arika Yumemiya
Well, I can safely say that I can take it all now. But I hope that if I ever have kids that they don't go through the same crap I've been through.

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:46 pm

This is a topic I can talk about and give you some serious content on. However, it's personal, so the spoiler tags give you a choice between reading it and not reading it.

Spoiler:
Bullying. This is something I will not stand, be it to me or another human being. All throughout my life, I've been bullied, insulted, degraded, and pushed around for being different. Let me list some examples.

~A guy once broke my glasses. I was in Kindergarten and he was too.
~A couple of girls online once insulted and degraded me for being American.
~My entire school once judged me for not being Christian. Wearing black was apparently enough to convince them that I was a worshiper of Satan and that I loved to summon demons.

Whenever someone is judged for what they wear, I get pissed off, even if it's a joke, even if that person doesn't exist and is from an anime/cartoon/movie/etc etc. Do you know how many times I've been judged because of what I wear? Seeing another person get judged for that brings up terrible memories.

I was lonely as a child, so very lonely, and I didn't have a backbone at that. Instead of standing up for myself, I took it. I didn't do anything at all. I didn't go to any adults, I didn't tell my parents, I didn't run home crying and tell my Internet friends. I just cried...alone.

Today, the bullying still has its mark imprinted in my skull, heart, and soul. I have low self-esteem, I'm diagnosed with severe Major Depressive Disorder, and I have extreme trust issues. The events of my past are currently taking their toll on me. I was never taught how to stand up for myself, how to put up with the bullying and cope, and I was never told how to properly deal with my emotions.

For that matter, I turned down the only hope I ever had to become a normal adult; I refused to get social skills training. Six years down the road, this wasn't a very intelligent choice on my part. I'm currently trying to get that social skills training, but there aren't many places that will do that for me.

So, here I am in college among people who won't bully me, and I can't even talk to them without getting terrified. I am afraid to talk about myself, my interests, my favorite music, all those things you ask people to get to know them.

Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3626
Armitage GUTS!!! : 551

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Hilary Duff has always been a hero of mine, just saying this makes me feel right.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I've said it around Raven and Neg without a single reaction; so I can include them in my defense as well.

Honestly, I do not remember you saying it around me and Neg while we were together. I think in Artist Alley while we were alone you said it once and I just kinda stared at you, you said sorry and I said it was fine, but that could've been my imagination.

I hate hearing this phrase. Regardless of who says it. Sad thing is, it's heard so often I've caught myself saying it, every time I do I chastise myself and say I'm sorry to whoever is around.

Unless someone is using it to mean 'happy' which was the ORIGINAL meaning, fuck it. I mean, honestly?

If a homosexual uses it, I see that as FAR worse. It's like blacks using Nigger, are you fucking STUPID!?! That's a derogatory term and you're using it like it's cool.

Idiot.

I hate the phrase, best hope I'm oblivious when the phrase is said or be ready to say sorry. I wouldn't expect it if I wouldn't do it myself.

But hell, what I HATE MOST is the fact Lesbian and Gay are even used to describe homosexuality.

Who's idea was that?

I mean, for gay meaning 'happy' a lot of gays sure AREN'T happy. Lebanese cuisine? Lesbians aren't even just female, technically.

But I digress...

Then again, here's a good counter-attack:

How often do I say 'Damn Straight'? Funny thing is, this phrase means something good, such as 'that's damn good/great/awesome' and means good things.

But I've had straight people go 'don't damn us, damn yourself' and I was all...

MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:01 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:If a homosexual uses it, I see that as FAR worse. It's like blacks using Nigger, are you fucking STUPID!?! That's a derogatory term and you're using it like it's cool.
I hate it when the "N" word, which I refuse to even say, is used by blacks. Same when a homosexual uses "faggot." I hate both words, not because they're offensive, but because they have hurt others. An offensive word isn't inherently obnoxious; it takes human kind to make it that way. If no one got hurt by those words, I wouldn't hate them because the usage of them wouldn't be hateful. When a word or phrase can drive a person to suicide, that's when things have gone too far.

Lerena

Bubuzuke points : 3626
Armitage GUTS!!! : 551

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Lerena wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:If a homosexual uses it, I see that as FAR worse. It's like blacks using Nigger, are you fucking STUPID!?! That's a derogatory term and you're using it like it's cool.
I hate it when the "N" word, which I refuse to even say, is used by blacks. Same when a homosexual uses "faggot." I hate both words, not because they're offensive, but because they have hurt others. An offensive word isn't inherently obnoxious; it takes human kind to make it that way. If no one got hurt by those words, I wouldn't hate them because the usage of them wouldn't be hateful. When a word or phrase can drive a person to suicide, that's when things have gone too far.

Agreed. One of my cousins has a fiancee and during a trip they took to Memphis she actually used the "N" word very offensively. If I had been there, I would not have stopped myself from slapping her for saying such a word. I myself have been called a faggot on more than one occasion, even though I'm as straight as a Stop sign! It would bother me to no end that people would accuse me of being Gay even when I gave out signs that say otherwise.

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:My thoughts: *sigh* "That's so gay" is indeed a way of saying "That's so STOOPID". Has been since my Elementary school days and that was a long time ago, people. Does that mean it's okay to say now and anytime you want? No; it clearly hurts people out there. I won't lie though, sometimes it slips from my mouth but none of my homosexual friends seem to mind when it does. I've said it around Raven and Neg without a single reaction; so I can include them in my defense as well. But yes, it's something one should think about before vomiting. I believe it was our lovely moderator ookamidesu who pointed out in an old thread that saying "That's so gay" is a no no or something like that. Correct me on this, Dye! xD

unfortunately, i have that issue. everyone i know says it, and it's been commonly used by me for a long time. i have cut back on it though. i did say it while playing wow with Raven a couple of weeks back though. i knew it hurt, and i feel horrible for that. i don't like saying things like that, but it's more a reaction than anything :S but i am pleased to announce that i haven't said it in about a week and a half. that's pretty good considering i used to say it many times a day!

my apologies go out to everyone i've hurt by saying that, especially Raven.

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm

....cut back on it? o_o Has 'That's so gay' become worse than the common cigarette?

The "N" word is normally avoided by saying "Nigga" instead, which is Urban people's way of saying "Chum" or "homeslice". Just remember to not get too easily offended when people you know say things like "That's so Gay". Remember! "Shut up" doesn't always mean...

*5 HOURS LATER*

..."shut up". It could mean "Wow!" "gee whiz!", "golly wollies!"....

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Bullying eh....personally, things like this has never happened to me, but I remember a best friend of mine who was bullied by pretty much the whole school back in elementary years, but keep in mind that my school was a large one ranging from Kindegarten to Grade 12.

She's half french- half chinese, and was very pretty. That's pretty much why she was bullied. Everyone was jealous of her looks :x

I'm always against bullying, that's such a cowardly thing to do, to gang up on someone just because they're 'different'. This line of thought was pretty much why I get into fights in my early years of middle school xDD

About the 'gay' and the N word...I am pleased to say that I've never said those words out loud to cuss haha...Words can sometimes hurt more than physical abuse...that's pretty much why I watch what I say...unless I'm pissed off Nao Yuuki

This topic got me thinking....Why's there so much hate in the world?

Last edited by depression76 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:....cut back on it? o_o Has 'That's so gay' become worse than the common cigarette?

it is quite a bad habit. years of saying... the occasional slip of the tongue happens, but i've been good :)

@ Deppy: most people think only of themselves, want to one up other people, and think that people who are slightly different in their way of life from them is wrong. unfortunately :( so many people are just so close-minded.

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:04 am

Sergay Wáng wrote:unfortunately, i have that issue. everyone i know says it, and it's been commonly used by me for a long time. i have cut back on it though. i did say it while playing wow with Raven a couple of weeks back though. i knew it hurt, and i feel horrible for that. i don't like saying things like that, but it's more a reaction than anything :S but i am pleased to announce that i haven't said it in about a week and a half. that's pretty good considering i used to say it many times a day!

my apologies go out to everyone i've hurt by saying that, especially Raven.

You don't gotta feel that bad. xD I stated to you why I didn't like to hear it.

God, that's so straight of you to dwell on it. :p ;D

MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:06 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: I believe it was our lovely moderator ookamidesu who pointed out in an old thread that saying "That's so gay" is a no no or something like that. Correct me on this, Dye! xD

That's correct, Luu! I shall copy and paste for everyone's convenience:
One time, my sister was playing scrabble and she said "my letters are so gay!"
To which, I replied "So you must have awesome letters, huh?"
And she replied, "No, they suck."
Me, "Then don't use 'gay'. "

I'm not a particular hard-ass about that, but sometimes, i thinks the connotation should be dissolved... starting with the people who we are close to.

XP

As mentioned, I'm not a hard-ass about it. I don't really get offended when someone tosses "that's so gay" out, and admittedly, I used to throw that phrase out without thinking of it's implications. It was actually my chemistry teacher in high school who pointed it out to me.
^-^;

So yeah, I do think we need to point it out to some people and let them see that, "hey... think about what you are saying". Because, to me, it's not so much the phrase that bothers me, it's the connotation behind it. :3

Last edited by ookamidesu on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8908
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1349

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:40 am

Sponsored content