Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Behind the Names: Mai-Multiverse Username Origins

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Behind the Names: Mai-Multiverse Username Origins

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Narsilia wrote:thanks :3 and yeah, sure thing!

w ww.youtube. com/watch?v=KQEAAQtiwA0 (can'T post links yet, so... this way ^^; )

Thank you, Narsi-chan! By the way, how long did the forum say you have to wait until you can post links? XD So I can fix that in the future.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:31 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Narsilia wrote:thanks :3 and yeah, sure thing!

w ww.youtube. com/watch?v=KQEAAQtiwA0 (can'T post links yet, so... this way ^^; )

Thank you, Narsi-chan! By the way, how long did the forum say you have to wait until you can post links? XD So I can fix that in the future.

hmmm. it says that I have to wait a week ^^;

Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2302
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:17 pm

Narsilia wrote:hmmm. it says that I have to wait a week ^^;

XD Okay I figured out what's doing that. It's our forum's new spam guard. No worries, you can wait less than a week. ;p Patience, young Jedi.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Fri May 11, 2012 4:38 am

BUMP.

My name originally wasn't Nagi. If anyone has seen a Chie-sama floating around, that was my original name. It was till certain things cropped up and scared the hell out of me so in a mad rush to get rid of that name I loved so much, I chose Nagi coz... It sounds kinda cool. I like those boyish sounding Japanese names Razz

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 5006
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

View user profile http://aloofndistant.blogspot.sg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta on Fri May 11, 2012 5:00 am

My name...

Don't you just get sick of people not coming up with original names in games and other such things? Such as WoW, having your character called "Dethnite" when a Death Knight... pfft. Anyhow, I originally came up with this name in a few minutes when first creating my first FanFiction account; I thought it'd help bring reviews into my first, terrible stories.

So, practically ever since my name has related to Wolvetta in some way.

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Galactic-Aqua Wolvetta
Galactic Entwined Wolvetta
Wolvy Flo (My main character in WoW was "Floner", so I blended the names here, obviously).

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena on Fri May 11, 2012 5:18 am

I wish I had a more original name, but anyway, here's the origin of the name "Lerena" (or how I came up with it, if there's someone with that name in existence): It's a name derived from "Serena." Is anyone familiar with Usagi Tsukino's dub name? Yea, about that, I knew that the name 'Serena' would be taken when I went to create my first screen name and unlike most 10-year olds, I didn't attach a number to the end, because I never thought to and to this day I actually think that's a cheap way of getting the screen name you want. In fact, my only screen name with a number in it is on Pottermore; they choose your username for you, so of course I didn't have a choice there. I got the "L" from the first letter in my real name, so I replaced the "S" in Serena with an "L" to get "Lerena."

My most original username has to be "cursedlimits," but I didn't think to use that one when I signed up to join this forum. It was my username on twitter back when I was still active. When I signed up to join twitter, my username was too long to be acceptable, so I went with "cursedlimits" to indicate my hatred of character limits everywhere. Now I think it's the coolest username I've ever come up with.

Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3662
Armitage GUTS!!! : 554

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri May 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:(My main character in WoW was "Floner", so I blended the names here, obviously).

Floner boner~ Gakuenchou

Lerena wrote:I wish I had a more original name, but anyway, here's the origin of the name "Lerena" (or how I came up with it, if there's someone with that name in existence): It's a name derived from "Serena." Is anyone familiar with Usagi Tsukino's dub name? Yea, about that, I knew that the name 'Serena' would be taken when I went to create my first screen name and unlike most 10-year olds, I didn't attach a number to the end, because I never thought to and to this day I actually think that's a cheap way of getting the screen name you want.

I am. *huge Moonie* In fact, I'm one of the few who felt the name made sense. Serena = Serenity. DiC had no choice really; though I prefer Usagi.

And thank you for not having serial codes at the end of a name, that's so damn annoying. Especially in online gaming, I can't tell the little fucks apart.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Fri May 11, 2012 6:35 pm

I have absolutely no idea where I got my UN from XD Come to think of it, I don't know where ANY of my usernames come from haha

My current one is my favourite I've had though, so will probably stick with it (This thread just made me google a couple of my old usernames and it was both humorous and mortifying to see the type of things I used to write/post about XD)

IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4241
Armitage GUTS!!! : 432

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Fri May 11, 2012 9:56 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:
My current one is my favourite I've had though, so will probably stick with it (This thread just made me google a couple of my old usernames and it was both humorous and mortifying to see the type of things I used to write/post about XD)

I like your current one too. It gave me the image of a cute fish which can't write Razz what were your previous usernames?

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Fri May 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Nagi wrote:

I like your current one too. It gave me the image of a cute fish which can't write Razz what were your previous usernames?

Thanks XD And that would be telling...which I'm certainly not going to ;P The embarrassment level is too damn high lol

IlliterateKoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Fri May 11, 2012 10:30 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:
Thanks XD And that would be telling...which I'm certainly not going to ;P The embarrassment level is too damn high lol

Do tell? >:3

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Sun May 13, 2012 5:14 am

Nagi wrote:
IlliterateKoi wrote:

DOITDOITDOIT!!!! Shiho Huit lol

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5947
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WorthyDrummer on Sun May 13, 2012 5:46 am

My name... Well, it was kinda a nickname/title of mine in junior high. "Worthy of drummer" Kinda a pun on my last name too. "Worth" is part of my last name. Worthy was a nickname is highschool. So yeah, WorthyDrummer. It made sense...

WorthyDrummer
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 197
Armitage GUTS!!! : 76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun May 13, 2012 8:04 pm

WorthyDrummer wrote:My name... Well, it was kinda a nickname/title of mine in junior high. "Worthy of drummer" Kinda a pun on my last name too. "Worth" is part of my last name. Worthy was a nickname is highschool. So yeah, WorthyDrummer. It made sense...

Makes perfect sense, Stace. Although there was something quite memorable about your other title, DrummerChick. A little after we first met four years ago, I always thought it was a play on your drumming and check out job. ;p

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Sun May 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Sergay Tate wrote:
Nagi wrote:
IlliterateKoi wrote:

Neeeevvveeerrrr! >:3

There would be no point anyway, it's not like I use any of the accounts associated with those names anymore Razz

IlliterateKoi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WorthyDrummer on Sun May 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
WorthyDrummer wrote:My name... Well, it was kinda a nickname/title of mine in junior high. "Worthy of drummer" Kinda a pun on my last name too. "Worth" is part of my last name. Worthy was a nickname is highschool. So yeah, WorthyDrummer. It made sense...

Makes perfect sense, Stace. Although there was something quite memorable about your other title, DrummerChick. A little after we first met four years ago, I always thought it was a play on your drumming and check out job. ;p
Christ! Has it really been 4 years? Wow, times flies huh, Aino? Wink And nah, DrummerChick was simply cos I'm a drummer and girl :p Nothing special about that one lol

WorthyDrummer
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 197
Armitage GUTS!!! : 76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 am

IlliterateKoi wrote:
Sergay Tate wrote:
Nagi wrote:
IlliterateKoi wrote:

There would be no point anyway, it's not like I use any of the accounts associated with those names anymore Razz

damn xD lol. true enough! :)

i for one am rather fond of most of my usernames Arika Yumemiya

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5947
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Mon May 14, 2012 7:44 am

Sergay Tate wrote:
IlliterateKoi wrote:
Sergay Tate wrote:
Nagi wrote:
IlliterateKoi wrote:

damn xD lol. true enough! :)

i for one am rather fond of most of my usernames Arika Yumemiya

I don't even remember most of my previous usernames sweatdrop

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon May 14, 2012 8:39 am

WorthyDrummer wrote:DrummerChick was simply cos I'm a drummer and girl :p Nothing special about that one lol

Oh?

Music teacher, check out chick, musician

Whatever you say, Check Out Chick. rei hino

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona on Mon May 14, 2012 6:32 pm

We're discussing old usernames? >:3 TO THE BEGINNING!

Well, first EVER username I had was RogueRaven and that was on a nintendo site Hope got me on WAAAY back in middle school. Later I think I changed it, but I cannot recall.

Then Hope got me to join another site where I was InuyashafanR. inuyasha.r was my first email, WAY back when gmail was getting started and someone from the site (Mostly a Zelda site) invited me to gmail. Email is no longer used, but was up until 2011. The more you know. xD

The next few usernames were used on the same site. I changed my name a lot. xD I used chaoticmoon08 (as I mentioned before, Natsuki Fujino, and MidnightPersona being the most recent there. Older ones there I cannot recall and I still visit this site when I can, Memory Loss, even if only 4 of us still go xD

I also used 'Sakurai' as one for an AQ (Adventure Quest) guild. I was in {GoL} Which was {Gathering of Lightbringers} and I was, during most of my stay, the sole 'Amazon' and leader of one of the 4 groups called 'Nature's Vengeance.' It was the first time I was ever 'in power' and I didn't do so well at the time, but that could also have to do with the fact, well, I stepped down willingly after a while because I couldn't deal with it/didn't have time. I should go back and see if Kirby is still around. Poor guys. xD

Hmm... I've also used Seraph Korrin a few times, mostly on an RP site. She was horribly written, back in 2006 when I was still [strike]controlled[/b] friends with someone at the time.

Hmm... other names I've used... I am kinda unsure. I tend to like random things. chaoticmoon08 was what I stuck with (mostly) since middle school until I started desiring the Mai-series again where I was going between ShizNat and HaruKino and then, well, I chose MidnightPersona cuz I felt that fit me best.

Each name has it's over back-story, funny enough. Each is pretty entertaining. xD

MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4284
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Tue May 15, 2012 9:58 am

((Catfish Centipede Orphan. Courtesy of M.I.Y.U. Greer aka Luu the awesome admin))

*plays with whiskers*

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by iRenji0713 on Tue May 15, 2012 10:42 am

Catfish Centipede Orphan wrote:*plays with whiskers*
Now, now. It's fine to play with your whiskers and all, but I'd prefer that you go lurking around the HiMEs as for now. We can't let THAT other group of orphans beat us into our goals.

iRenji0713
炎髪灼眼の討ち手
炎髪灼眼の討ち手

Bubuzuke points : 404
Armitage GUTS!!! : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Tue May 15, 2012 11:01 am

Nagi Homura wrote:
Now, now. It's fine to play with your whiskers and all, but I'd prefer that you go lurking around the HiMEs as for now. We can't let THAT other group of orphans beat us into our goals.

Syi~~? *scurries off somewhere*

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu May 17, 2012 4:12 pm

Nagi Homura wrote:

Miyu : Calculating the furtive tone in your voice tells me that you are referring to the SEARRS Foundation. Homura Nagi, you will not live long to see The Golden Age on May 31st. Back down now before it is too late.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:20 am

OK! Me next! I chose Midori's crazy398 because i was watching the entire Mai-Hime abridged series on my ipod, and i noticed how crazy and stupid Midori's personality was played by her voice actor. Plus Midori is one of my faves, so i chose midori's crazy because of how she acts. The 398 is my birthday so i added that on to it. Thus, midori's crazy398 was born!

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2592
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

View user profile http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next