Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

How long have you been a fan of Mai HiME?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How long have you been a fan of Mai HiME?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun May 16, 2010 2:04 pm

^_^ Long time fan or new to the series? Let me know here, because eye iz curious.

I've been a fan of the series since early 2006. At that time, I completed the entire series and bought a lot of the merchandise before they became expensive. I remember telling so many people (that didn't know about the series) about Natsuki and Shizuru, saying they're the next big thing in yuri. XD I still get thank yous to this day for introducing people to the series, most recently my partner in crime - Midori. :D

So how long were you a fan of the series?

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: How long have you been a fan of Mai HiME?

Post by Kino karutta-chan on Mon May 17, 2010 4:19 pm

GOOD question. If I would remember ~.~ Have to be since 2007 or so, maybe earlier, but I think in the middle of 2007. Now I am frustrated, because you know them longer than I do T_T
Started with some Shizuru and Natsuki pics on some fanside (no idea which, I should search for it again >.<). At that time I liked Natsuki just because of her appearance a lot ;P

Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7062
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

View user profile http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Mon May 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Ask Luu XD When did we start watching it? Either way, I've been a fan for not very long yet, but I loooove this show!!

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4724
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue May 18, 2010 1:05 pm

Kino karutta-chan wrote:GOOD question. If I would remember ~.~ Have to be since 2007 or so, maybe earlier, but I think in the middle of 2007. Now I am frustrated, because you know them longer than I do T_T
Started with some Shizuru and Natsuki pics on some fanside (no idea which, I should search for it again >.<). At that time I liked Natsuki just because of her appearance a lot ;P

lol Don't be frustrated, 2007 is pretty early too. To be honest, 2006 is pretty late too. Mai HiME released in 2004 correct? So I missed two good years of Mai HIME, although I've been reading and hearing discussion about it in late 2005.

@ Bicky aka Midori: XD More than a month now....I think. I'm so glad you're a fan. ^_^ *nudges Bicky-sama*

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan on Tue May 18, 2010 4:32 pm

Already in 2004?? o_o Whoa, didn't know this (shame on me). Man, I was 13 at that time XDDDD Anyway, I have an good excuse: I think I just started to use the internet in 2007 ;D

Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7062
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

View user profile http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue May 18, 2010 10:03 pm

That's when it came out in Japan. XDDD I would of known about it sooner, but 2004-2005 was a very busy time for me. ^^;

XD You're funny. Look at it this way, the moment you discovered Mai HiME, you were hooked. So much that you caught up on three years of missed fandom. ;P

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Tue May 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Luu wrote:@ Bicky aka Midori: XD More than a month now....I think. I'm so glad you're a fan. ^_^ *nudges Bicky-sama*

I knew it had to be around a month <3 I'm so glad you got me into it! I think I need to start some cosplay plans *strokes mustache*

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4724
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Thu May 20, 2010 10:30 am

i knew about Hime and Otome a long time! just never got around to finishing either one till now (thank you luis!)! -.- happens when you download more anime than you can handle....i was married to bittorents! x3

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1359
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun May 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Don't remind me of BitTorrents. There was a time when I had the patience for downloading anime. Now I'd rather buy my anime. Besides, I love box art. ;P Mai HiME and Mai Otome are certainly no exceptions.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:15 pm

I first watched My-HiME in 2009. I know, so late~ But I had no access to ways to watch anime and I was a manga girl so I tended to just buy manga (Still do. x3) regardless, my friend Kyle introduced me to HiME. He had the entire thing on DVD.

Fun fact: Kyle had guessed Haruka would be my favorite, and told me he wouldn't tell me his guess until I already made my decision. The second I saw Haruka in episode two I turned to Kyle and said "I like her!" And he smiled and said "I knew you would."

Anyways, after the infamous episode where Haruka became green sparkles, I didn't want to watch any more, but he just played the next episode and I saw the rest of the episodes that night. He also wanted to make sure I finished the series before I left for BCT in June of that year.

So what got me back on a HiME love spree was, ironically, my evil ex fiance telling me she didn't know if she loved me and later when I broke up with her.

I had HATED Shizuru's character before, but she suddenly became one of my favorites. (HaruKino being the only ones higher than ShizNat) And during this new kick of HiME love I found. (All this in 2010)

Next thing I knew it was HiME stuff left and right (Since I had a job) and even had some of my friends buy me HiME things! I went to SugoiCon 2010 and Spread the word of HiME love and even met Aki Misato who did the end theme for HiME and beginning theme for Strawberry Panic! That was an amazing concert and I have her autograph owo

And now, here I am. I am a HiME fan to the end, add in the rest of the multiverse and it's for life~

MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4284
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:37 pm

I've been a fan since around 2007 or 2008-ish xD

ShizNat was the thing that got me into watching it at first, and that was because I randomly went to the Mai Hime section in shoujoai.com. Uhh...and MaiNat too...back then I was really into reading Shiznat ff and the archive wasn't as big as now.

The ff and the great franchise made me into a total fan for a loooong loooong time.Good times...

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:35 pm

Really great stories, ladies! What's great about any fandom coming together is seeing the old timers and newbies enter the fray. As many know, ShizNat became a delicious introduction to the series to several people. Most of the fans I've over the years were introduced through either ShizNat (yuri communities helped spread their relationship) or AMVs.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya on Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:26 am

I am a fan of Mai HiME since 2006...Jeez already 5 years and still so obsessed. But I spend most of time hailing to ShizNat.

Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

View user profile http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:22 am

Amaya wrote:I am a fan of Mai HiME since 2006...Jeez already 5 years and still so obsessed. But I spend most of time hailing to ShizNat.

I've been obsessed with Sailor Moon for nearly 20 years, so consider your Mai-lovage normal. Especially for ShizNat. <3 ShizNat2

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Hm... well, I've watched Mai HiME some years back before, but it was just one of those shows I watched and never looked back on. And then, I got bored one day and started re-watching the HiME series, and then Otome series and then found the Zwei and Sifr...

So i don't really know... I guess I'll say something like a year and a half then that I have actually been a fan...

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8908
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1349

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Amaya wrote:I am a fan of Mai HiME since 2006...Jeez already 5 years and still so obsessed. But I spend most of time hailing to ShizNat.

I've been obsessed with Sailor Moon for nearly 20 years, so consider your Mai-lovage normal. Especially for ShizNat. <3

We're so the same age^^I am also a child of the Sailor Moon Era. my first love

Amaya

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

View user profile http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:09 pm

I had a been a fan since 2007 asnd I had been a fan since. I had chatted with other fans and participated in discussions but as the hype died down, I became somewhat disillusioned especially since I wanted more of Hime but got less. Well, there is always fanfics.

^ Do you know who this is? She likes Miyu.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 418
Armitage GUTS!!! : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:13 am

Amaya wrote:We're so the same age^^I am also a child of the Sailor Moon Era. my first love

*high fives the German*

Mai-Fan and Moonie. You rock, my friend. :)

GAP wrote:especially since I wanted more of Hime but got less

Not delivering the Mai-HiME movie made me lose hope. Oh sure, the MO blu-ray special and Kuro no Mai are nice, but not enough.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by WorthyDrummer on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:54 am

Heard a friend talk about Shiznat a lot in late 2009, asked Luis about it. Him being awesome and all sent me Mai HiME for Chirtsmas that year. Absolutely loved the series and soon after that he sent me Mai Otome.
So been a fan for over a year. Not a major fan as much as I used to be, but still like the series. Cosplayed as Natsuki twice so far =)

WorthyDrummer
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 197
Armitage GUTS!!! : 76

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Stix wrote:Heard a friend talk about Shiznat a lot in late 2009, asked Luis about it. Him being awesome and all sent me Mai HiME for Chirtsmas that year. Absolutely loved the series and soon after that he sent me Mai Otome.
So been a fan for over a year. Not a major fan as much as I used to be, but still like the series. Cosplayed as Natsuki twice so far =)

Muahaha. Yeah I remember sending you my old sub collection. :) From what I can remember, you were fascinated by Natsuki but related more to Mai's work ethic? Something like that. ^^;

Which Mai HiME character personality relates to you?

^ Correct me there, so we don't go off topic. =p

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Sayers on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 pm

I watched Mai-HiME when I was 11 or 12 which is 2005 or 2006 XD! and watched Mai-Otome in 2007.. At first I am always thinking that why am I so obsess with this series.. Whereas not alot of singaporean like The Mai series.. Until one day when I found out about this forum((was searching Mai-Otome songs that time)) and clicked join the moment I saw it ((I am very happy that there were alot of people that like the series XD!))

Lena Sayers
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 986
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278
Location : *~Somewhere in the palace teaching Arika to be a good Miester Otome~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Oh wow, I'm a true oldie then 'cause I started watching Mai Hime when it premiered XD

We have an AMAZING anime/manga/comic book store down here in South Florida. It was opened in 1993 and they offered anime series rentals. You could rent a 4 episode VHS (yes, this was waaay back before DVD, and even WAY further back before there was such a thing as free streaming video...or the internet for that matter, since the internet truly came into being in 1995/1996 XD) for a night for $1.75, or a weekend rental for $3 bucks. So, I practically lived at Tates =D

By the time that Mai Hime came out though it was available on DVD. I remember my good friend who worked at Tate's was gushing about this 'new awesome anime called Mai Hime'. So, I rented the first 4-episode DVD to watch, took it home, popped it into my DVD player, and sat glued to my TV from beginning to end of that first disk. I was hooked! XD

I wanted the next episodes NOW! Lol, but I had to wait a month for the next DVD to become available. And then another month for the next 4 eps, and so on and so forth. So, I've essentially been watching Mai Hime from it first premiered =D

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1183
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:30 pm

I started watching Mai-HiME in about 2009... Well, for some time wanted to see it, but at the time I was concerned this much with Yuri... Mehhh afterward I was obsessed, addicted, I fell in love, then at last ... (Mai Otome... Hmm... Last year. I also enjoyed this series, however... I like the thematic of Mai-HiME)

s2 ->>> ShizNat1

Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:22 am

About four years? I don't really know exactly.

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1203
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:37 am

since the beginning of 2010
thanx ara, it's your fault i like my hime!

ps.: ara is a good friend of mine ^^

Last edited by she-ga-roo on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:12 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top