Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Why are Mansuki fics taboo?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why are Mansuki fics taboo?

Post by shezaei-neko on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:57 pm

I must confess that I like some fics where Natsuki wears suits and so on. As long as they don't make her character too manly.
I don't know of the futanari Natsuki also applies to this.
'Cause if that's the case, I kinda like my dose of it from time to time. Razz

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:32 pm

DefyingMisery wrote:I don't like fics where Natsuki all suits up and acts all manly

I don't think canon Natsuki is girly but she is definitely not manly either, she's just a tough girl really, and I have seen girls like that in real life, they can very feminine but they are also very dominant (in terms of doing guy things better than guys). And that's what I like to see in fan fics Natsuki. I tend to avoid manly Natsuki, yes I'm a mansuki hater, beat me.

I agree with you, Summer. She's a definite balance of both girly and manly. Many fans would point out her reaction to Takeda's "advances" aka misunderstandings as butch. But Mai also reacts with violence when she thinks Tate's trying to put the moves on her. It's really normal behavior for them. Natsuki loves her lingerie and stuffed animals in her private life, but can do Syphon Filter shit and has pretty decent biceps:

Too much of one thing isn't good for Natsuki. She's always been a diverse character; arguably THE most diverse in the series next to Midori Sugiura. So I try not to label her anything aside from just one thing: Natsuki Kuga is Natsuki Kuga.

Simple as that.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
has pretty decent biceps:

That remonds me I like physically fit girls too or any girl that can kick my ass... which is the vast majority of women on the planet but still. My power exists within the Realm of Dream mortals don't question a Magus! Argh

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Oh...so you like it rough then uh, Magus? Razz

But yeah, Natsuki is a hottie, no denying that. :3

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:10 am

N-not at all I just like girls who can stick up for themselves... :oops:

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:07 pm

I see, it's oka......wait, why are you blushing?
Oh-ho~~~ maybe a secret kink there? Shizuru Fujino

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:11 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:
Oh-ho~~~ maybe a secret kink there? Shizuru Fujino

Cuz Lady Fumi knows I have a few myself. Akira Okuzaki

Like Mag, I love physically fit women. I see them everyday in my job; women who include weight training, cardio and yoga in their lives. Very impressive results. But with the exterior, comes the interior. The strength of character is also a major turn on for me. The strong independence of characters like Natsuki or Inuyasha's Kagura are the best way to get me going. :) As for girls kicking my ass, well, I'm not into the humiliation kink, but I greatly enjoy the woman I'm with transforming into a rough seme in bed.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:46 pm

It's not a humilation kink. But rather when I was at my darkest I imagined a strong beautiful woman saving me from myself. This lead me to create my first character Lillith Silverwing (Magus Phantalus was my second character). I imagine myself trapped in a prison of hatred for this world and myself. And yet I still hope that one day a strong beautiful woman much like Natsuki will set me free.

Apologizes that got a tad heavy didn't it? Alyssa bird Confused Alyssa bird tiem confused Alyssa bird tiem uh uh EVERYBODY NOW! CONFUSED ALYSSA BIRD TIEM! (yes I am aware I keep spelling time wrong on purpose nyah!)

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:04 pm

I see....
Well, in that case I'm also attracted to strong women too. Many of the characters I love fall in that type.

And you shouldn't have used the Alyssa bird...Luu is gonna get crazy... XD

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:11 pm

>:3 I should really get rid of that damn bird...

I see....

Oh ShezNek~ Getting a little uncomfortable because it's the rare time the men of the forum talk about their kinks? ;p I guess it can't always be me.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuki-chan on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:30 pm

DefyingMisery wrote:I don't like fics where Natsuki all suits up and acts all manly

I don't think canon Natsuki is girly but she is definitely not manly either, she's just a tough girl really, and I have seen girls like that in real life, they can very feminine but they are also very dominant (in terms of doing guy things better than guys). And that's what I like to see in fan fics Natsuki. I tend to avoid manly Natsuki, yes I'm a mansuki hater, beat me.

Why are Mansuki fics taboo? Reader's preference.

Some girls believe it doesn't have to be a butch (cross-dresser) + femme to make up a lesbian relationship nowadays. They can be two strikingly beautiful girls who are drop-dead gorgeous.
Exactly like what Shizuru & Natsuki portrayed in the anime. And also Natsuki has a personal vendetta going on so she's acting tough with martial arts guns & all, but not manly.

Natsuki-chan
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 108
Armitage GUTS!!! : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 am

That brings up something rather interesting I have come across that is very much related to the topic at hand. It would seem that some might think a femme lesbian is nothing more than a "male fantasy" a beautiful woman who is interested in other beautiful women. While others would say that a butch lesbian is an "unfortunate stereotype" that forces heterosexual dynamics upon homosexual relationships.

By that logic no matter how one depicts a lesbian character they are reinforcing a stereotype. The platitude not to judge a book by its cover comes to mind.

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Labeling others is not a sport of mine, so I wouldn't know. XD Yes, it seems like I do it all the time here, but that's just my '"character". ^^; You are you, unless you're intentionally trying to be something you're not.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Luu's favorite teasing sport is to label stereotypes to others. Razz

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:19 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Luu's favorite teasing sport is to label stereotypes to others. Razz

Razz You guys are technically like cast members. Everybody needs/has a gimmick. You being the smart ass yuri fan, Nymph being the confusedsexual, Koi being a fish, Deppy being a rice chaser, etc....

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:22 pm

I take it as a compliment. Razz

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:52 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:Luu's favorite teasing sport is to label stereotypes to others. Razz

Razz You guys are technically like cast members. Everybody needs/has a gimmick. You being the smart ass yuri fan, Nymph being the confusedsexual, Koi being a fish, Deppy being a rice chaser, etc....

What am I dare I ask?

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:What am I dare I ask?

The advocate for women's rights and equality (whichever comes first) who speaks in third person.

Philosodori More or less.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Magus Phantalus wrote:What am I dare I ask?

The advocate for women's rights and equality (whichever comes first) who speaks in third person.

Philosodori More or less.

The Magus takes this as a compliment! Mikoto Minagi

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:21 pm

See everyone? A lot of these gimmicks/stereotypes that the MM Superstars possess aren't necessarily bad things. Gay Rainbow

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:58 pm

You're forgiven then, Luu......this time.

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:See everyone? A lot of these gimmicks/stereotypes that the MM Superstars possess aren't necessarily bad things. Gay Rainbow

I'm more than a little late here, but please, explain to me how being a fish is a good thing? >:3

Oh, and to keep this slightly on topic -- I don't mind mansuki fics for the most part, they give me something slightly different to read every once in a while. I imagine a lot of people don't like them because the authors are making a fairly big change to the character, and you know how people get when you mess with their favourite character Razz I think some people don't like that it always seems to be Natsuki who gets the gender bender treatment too, at least when it comes to ShizNat. Though, there are some fics out there where it's the other way around :3

IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4241
Armitage GUTS!!! : 432

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:You're forgiven then, Luu......this time.

Oh, shut your Mexican trap. >:3

IlliterateKoi wrote:Oh, and to keep this slightly on topic -- I don't mind mansuki fics for the most part, they give me something slightly different to read every once in a while. I imagine a lot of people don't like them because the authors are making a fairly big change to the character, and you know how people get when you mess with their favourite character Razz I think some people don't like that it always seems to be Natsuki who gets the gender bender treatment too, at least when it comes to ShizNat. Though, there are some fics out there where it's the other way around :3 [/color]

See, Natsuki Kuga (and Kruger) are very diverse characters. Deep down, it doesn't bother me when authors tinker with their masculinity and femininity. Natsuki really does work both ways, imo. Just look at the visuals of Mai-HiME, the very images of Natsuki that came to mind before typing a fanfiction:

Exhibit A - The butch Natsuki Kuga who just whacked a man, leaving her best friend to question whether she actually likes guys...

Exhibit B - The feminine Natsuki who looks like she's posing for next month's Victoria Secret's catalog while humming 'Mizube no Hana':

Because of this, authors are free to play around with Natsuki however they please. With her ability to give us masculinity and femininity "feels", we in turn get "feels" ourselves. Resulting in the fanfiction you're reading today and tomorrow.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Natsuki is Natsuki, period. Razz

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome