Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

A Mashiro Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Mashiro Thread

Post by Abicion on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 am



Yeah, her. Kind of.

There's something I've been wondering since 2005. Why did Mashiro allow the Festival to happen? Since she's apparently regretful of letting Shiho attack Mai in episode 18, why didn't she just gather everyone together again and go "F*** Nagi's s***. There's another way. Throw all of your weapons at huge red target. p.s. The HiME Star depends on a constant diet of your emotional suffering to have enough power to be dangerous, so FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T KILL EACH OTHER; YOU'LL ONLY BE SCREWING YOURSELVES IF YOU DO THAT" in the first place?

Why does she essentially help Nagi manipulate the HiME into turning on each other with murderous intent and only make them less likely to work together when she actually gets around to unveiling her master plan?


The Crisis of Faith Theory:

Is it because she doubted the HiME having enough compassion to work together in episode 15-16?

I don't think this makes any sense. She not only witnessed most of them working together against a single enemy previously, but she was also the one who organized them during the final battle with Searrs.


The Spontaneous Design Theory:

Did she simply not figure out flying at the big red thing was a feasible alternative until late into the Festival?

That makes even less sense then the previous example. Mashiro knew it was an option the entire time. The very premise of her character is she already rejected Obsidian Lord's plan and literally exists in her anime form for the sole purpose of messing it up. That's why she's there. That's the only explanation as to why she grooms Fumi, who she knows is a HiME, into her personal bodyguard and seemingly instructs her not to participate in the Festival in complete and obvious defiance to Obsidian Lord's wishes. That's the whole point of her magical Nagi-jamming bubble when she finally stops spouting bullcrap to Midori.

Oh, and



Nagi knew it was an option.



And Obsidian Lord himself knew it was an option, so 1) Nagi's "This is the only waaaay" speech in episode 16-17 was an absolute lie Mashiro could have shot down immediately, and 2) her plan definitely wasn't some radically unforeseeable tactic she improvised on the spot. There's no way you can say Mashiro didn't have the whole thing planned out before the show even started.


The "Return of an Old Friend Part II" Theory:

If Mashiro had simply prevented the HiME from fighting, there would be no reason for her to even need access to the Anti-Materializer and her original Crystal Princess body since nobody would have lost their HiME powers in the first place.

No reason... except for a certain little ponytailed speedbump.

Did Mashiro have plans to derail the Festival the moment Searrs was out of the picture, but canceled them when Miyu derailed Akane? Was the sole reason she allowed the Festival to proceed because her plan was contingent specifically on Akane having her powers and she needed all 11 pillars raised and the door to Obsidian Lord's realm open before she could restore them?


The Dark-Comedy-That-Only-Looks-Like-It's-Trying-To-Be-Serious Scenario:

Could it be that Mashiro was just never supposed to make sense in the first place, and spent the entire series in a state of mind that echoes the above image of her? That's honestly my best guess right now.


What gives?


Last edited by Abicion on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Posts : 168
Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16
Join date : 2010-11-24

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Highman on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:30 am

Worst gatherer of all time and bad planner but she's a trick pony. I do believe she's a powerful character sometime great power comes with great responsibility then waste it on the last minute. Mashiro never intended to make her move in the Carnival but offed Dr. Saeko Kuga.

The only thing matters me the most right now, did she know Obsidian Lord's origin, why she left Fuuka with Nagi who manipulated and hurt her for a long time while stored in 300 years.

Also did she knew some HiME's from the past been alive for long time?

Mashiro is still a main character of Mai franchise.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 476
Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:13 pm

Of course, all this is okay the moment Fumi serves Mashiro tea. It helps her forget about the genocide of innocent people.

Seriously, out of all the characters in the series, Mashiro Kazahana is the top enigma. More so than Shizuru, who's easier to figure out despite what fans say. Mashiro's actions were confusing, her distant past is explored vaguely (I suppose one could gather some clues from the manga as support, not that it'll help being a different universe), and it seems her main purpose was a long build up to the revival of all the HiME in episode 26. Redemption, perhaps?

To be honest, I rarely examined Mashiro. She does have great purpose within this series, but SUNRISE's awkward storytelling does make things more confusing and adds onto the list of questions, rather than solving them. Mai-HiME and the Saw series have a lot in common. *nod*

In Mai-Otome, they gave Mashiro mic skills and a personality, so now she's easier to follow. But that's another story...

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Highman on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:06 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Of course, all this is okay the moment Fumi serves Mashiro tea. It helps her forget about the genocide of innocent people.

Seriously, out of all the characters in the series, Mashiro Kazahana is the top enigma. More so than Shizuru, who's easier to figure out despite what fans say. Mashiro's actions were confusing, her distant past is explored vaguely (I suppose one could gather some clues from the manga as support, not that it'll help being a different universe), and it seems her main purpose was a long build up to the revival of all the HiME in episode 26. Redemption, perhaps?

To be honest, I rarely examined Mashiro. She does have great purpose within this series, but SUNRISE's awkward storytelling does make things more confusing and adds onto the list of questions, rather than solving them. Mai-HiME and the Saw series have a lot in common. *nod*

In Mai-Otome, they gave Mashiro mic skills and a personality, so now she's easier to follow. But that's another story...

Mashiro is still a main character after all, I believe those past HiME maybe alive or kept as protectors for Nobles instead as sacrifice for the Obsidian Prince. Maybe she has another reason than Redemption, possibly creating validate future for the HiME/Materializers and destroy Obsidian's to hell.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 476
Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Abicion on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:18 am

Highman wrote:Mashiro is still a main character after all, I believe those past HiME maybe alive or kept as protectors for Nobles instead as sacrifice for the Obsidian Prince.
I don't see this working. If HiME originally had some other, more peaceful purpose and getting them to kill each other was just a "What if" fanfiction scenario OL came up with he was bored, why are their abilities inherently connected to the whole pillar-altar gimmick? Why would their powers go directly to him when they're defeated?


Highman wrote:Maybe she has another reason than Redemption, possibly creating validate future for the HiME/Materializers and destroy Obsidian's to hell.
And that could have been accomplished immediately after gathering the HiME.

ಠ_ಠ

Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Posts : 168
Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16
Join date : 2010-11-24

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Highman on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:51 am

Abicion wrote:
Highman wrote:Mashiro is still a main character after all, I believe those past HiME maybe alive or kept as protectors for Nobles instead as sacrifice for the Obsidian Prince.
I don't see this working. If HiME originally had some other, more peaceful purpose and getting them to kill each other was just a "What if" fanfiction scenario OL came up with he was bored, why are their abilities inherently connected to the whole pillar-altar gimmick? Why would their powers go directly to him when they're defeated?


Highman wrote:Maybe she has another reason than Redemption, possibly creating validate future for the HiME/Materializers and destroy Obsidian's to hell.
And that could have been accomplished immediately after gathering the HiME.

ಠ_ಠ

He had possibilities, but I don't think OL has become such a powerful alien/deity with alot of influence and wanting to destroy. Still believe before the Materialization system was here before OL came here. Really do you think OL could've developed those girls powers by himself...............Heck NO!

Maybe OL was bored or tired being in the good side, you're right about that one. He was just an average NEET who's feel like playing emotions is fun. Nagi understood it, Mashiro didn't know. Even, they all are sacrificed by the star, some of those past HiME are alive and wanting the system alive.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 476
Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Abicion on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:25 am

Highman wrote:Still believe before the Materialization system was here before OL came here. Really do you think OL could've developed those girls powers by himself...............Heck NO!
Yes, I really think that. The show makes a point of repeating stating the HiMEs' power comes from the red "star," and the final episode practically shows you it's part of Obsidian Lord himself.

Think about it. How else could HiME have their powers and still be closely connected to the whole ceremonial system OL put in place?

Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Posts : 168
Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16
Join date : 2010-11-24

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Highman on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:38 am

Abicion wrote:
Highman wrote:Still believe before the Materialization system was here before OL came here. Really do you think OL could've developed those girls powers by himself...............Heck NO!
Yes, I really think that. The show makes a point of repeating stating the HiMEs' power comes from the red "star," and the final episode practically shows you it's part of Obsidian Lord himself.

Think about it. How else could HiME have their powers and still be closely connected to the whole ceremonial system OL put in place?

OL was bored as life simple as that, I don't believe he created the HiME's all by himself. There is more to this story than meets the eye.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 476
Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Abicion on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:19 am

He got bored and decided to... arbitrarily control something he doesn't have control of? I'm not sure I understand your argument.

Also: If OL isn't the direct source of their powers, why do they lose their powers permanently after he's roasted in the final episode?

Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Posts : 168
Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16
Join date : 2010-11-24

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Highman on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:57 am

Abicion wrote:He got bored and decided to... arbitrarily control something he doesn't have control of? I'm not sure I understand your argument.


Also: If OL isn't the direct source of their powers, why do they lose their powers permanently after he's roasted in the final episode?

Just saying alot of possibility into how OL's purpose was but I know for a fact he didn't create HiME's by himself.

I've heard Rome wasn't built by a day. Yet Black Mountain replica wasn't built by a day, technology sure has evolved since the dawn of mankind.

HiME's still have their powers by Mashiro as a gift. Sooner or later they'll learn about the Materializing system, it's not destiny but a reason to keep fighting those are threatening them.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 476
Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Highman wrote:possibly creating validate future for the HiME/Materializers and destroy Obsidian's to hell.

Stop right there. Would that have anything to do with the *possible* connection to Mai-Otome?




_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Highman on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:12 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:possibly creating validate future for the HiME/Materializers and destroy Obsidian's to hell.

Stop right there. Would that have anything to do with the *possible* connection to Mai-Otome?




NO! Just stating the obvious, just NO!

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 476
Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Mashiro Thread

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:38 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum