Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

The origin of 'Mai-Multiverse' and terminology list

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The origin of 'Mai-Multiverse' and terminology list

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:54 pm

A very popular question that will finally be answered thanks to two Russians. ^_~

About a month before I created a Mai-HiME/Otome thread on a forum I used to visit, a little direct-to-video movie called Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths was released. After reviewing it at the forum, I decided to watch it again and noticed this:

Long story short, ^ Owl Man (Batman's alternate) up there wanted to destroy not just one universe, but all of them. Ending reality itself. The Multiverse represents reality. One whole existence with several different worlds. I was inspired by this and decided to use it as a term to represent the Mai-series. The popular anime, the hated manga, the new EXA series, even the very fanfiction you write. It's all a Multiverse. Examples:

In the official anime timeline, Shizuru and Natsuki ended up happily ever after. (imo)

In a fanfiction you might of written, rewriting the events of the anime, Natsuki rejects Shizuru and declares her love for Nao.

The whole theme of our board is endless possibilities. That's what Mai-fandom is all about.

As for our terminology/tag lines, we have so many. I'll only go over the ones that remain fresh in my noggin'.

Anything Goes - The iconic song from the old Cole Porter musical. I discovered the song in my favorite movie of all time, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. "Anything Goes" represents what our community here is all about, you never know what you'll experience next. Mai-fandom is a roller coaster ride, which brings me to our next term..

Hop on ma rolla coasta - The bad ass song by Red Duce, used as a theme song for Kara's Mai-HiME Abridged Series. Maybe she can explain better as to why she chose this as the theme song, but all I know is, our fandom is a roller coaster. So hang on tight!

Melons - Melons originated from the Mai-HiME dub, when Shiho's grandpa starting messing with Tate. "Melons" is to us, what "Talent" is to Sailor Moon fans. Here's a comparison:

NO. - The dry and very blunt response by Bandai's Natsuki Kuga. This was made famous recently by either Hollowed-Words or Kara (correct me!) who saw great potential in this one-liner.

"Swagger" and "Zhang" - It's a Multiverse thang, you wouldn't understand.

There are plenty more like "Mittens", I EAT BABIES, etc. I'll allow my friends to explain those and add more. ^_^ Hope you enjoyed this informative guide. It shall be maki maki'ed as a reference guide, soon as I get more posts.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The origin of 'Mai-Multiverse' and terminology list

Post by ookamidesu on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Zhang is me :D

If you want my attention, you just yell "ZHANG!"

At least, that's the way it's been lately. I don't know if it's even used any other way.

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8918
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:17 pm

I believe NO. became a thing when everyone commented on how much they loved how I said it, and how Tsundere it sounded. So I started saying NO. whenever I disagreed. XD

Mittens is the obligatory and awesome cat name given to my Abridged Mikoto (written). Why Mittens? BECAUSE ZHANG. (That also came from me.) http://ltahime.forum-motion.net/mai-multiverse-fan-works-f5/hipster-zhang-posters-t510.htm

And the 'I eat Babies'? That was Sam. Tomoe wanted to impress Death Row Shizuru so bad, and become a baby so hard, she ate them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:24 am

LOL NO. is still the funniest thing evar XD

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4724
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Hollowed-Words wrote:and how Tsundere it sounded

I repeat. You ARE Natsuki Kuga/Kruger. o.o

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Hollowed-Words wrote:and how Tsundere it sounded

I repeat. You ARE Natsuki Kuga/Kruger. o.o

Haha, but of course Luu ;D

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:46 am

ShizNation - Taking's GhibliFreek new Lord title, add a little John Cena and viola, it transforms into an elusive MM term for Shizuru and Natsuki fandom.

: ShizNation. NEVER GIVE UP! Unless it's a Natsuki-chan on her back...

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Hop on ma rolla coasta - The bad ass song by Red Duce, used as a theme song for Kara's Mai-HiME Abridged Series. Maybe she can explain better as to why she chose this as the theme song, but all I know is, our fandom is a roller coaster. So hang on tight!

Oh? No, there was no reason behind it, I could just listen to that verse a million times and not get tired of it and I wanted the opening to be something you wouldn't get tired of hearing over and over.

NO. - The dry and very blunt response by Bandai's Natsuki Kuga. This was made famous recently by either Hollowed-Words or Kara (correct me!) who saw great potential in this one-liner.

Yeah, that was Cathy, I just reallllyyy reaaaallly love repeating it. NO.

Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:54 pm

Death Row - Greatest piece of dark and sexy, mysterious and gory HiME/Otome character mashup you will ever see. Until you read Evolutions, of course.

Hipster Zhang - When Zhang gets all young, hip and in your face. Or when she just gets annoying and slits your pants off.

Suave Chie - Exactly what it sounds like, Chie getting her charm on. Be careful, she can get you out of your pants just like Zhang, but sexier.

Angry Kruger - When Kruger loses all control of her Death Row rage and erupts in an Indian blade wielding rampage.

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:ShizNation - Taking's GhibliFreek new Lord title, add a little John Cena and viola, it transforms into an elusive MM term for Shizuru and Natsuki fandom.

: ShizNation. NEVER GIVE UP! Unless it's a Natsuki-chan on her back...

*SPORFLE* dear lord what has been created from my lordly title?!

GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2326
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:12 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:*SPORFLE* dear lord what has been created from my lordly title?!

Place all blame on yourself and your EPIC EPICNESS. OoO

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 am

....I HAVE EPIC EPICNESS?! SCORE!!!

GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2326
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:11 am

And I thought I know crazier people than you........... Razz

Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7062
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

View user profile http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Forgot two of Multiverse's basic ones:

MM Slave-Kun - Boys

MM Valkyrie - Girls

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Zhang Spelling Fails - When the spelling fails are so bad, you label them Zhang Spelling fails.

FEELINGS - When whatever it is you're doing contains, or provoke, FEELINGS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:30 pm

I feel victim to the Zhang Spelling Fails on multiple occasions. T_T This kind of thing could traumatize a poor soul like me, I seek professional help! o.o

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:30 am

Kruger - An argument stopper with Zhang. Because Zhang won't shut up when you say Zhang to her, say Kruger.

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:54 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I feel victim to the Zhang Spelling Fails on multiple occasions. T_T This kind of thing could traumatize a poor soul like me, I seek professional help! o.o

You mean, you fell victim to the Zhang Spelling Fails, right? Not "feel". XD

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8918
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:16 pm

dye882003 wrote:You mean, you fell victim to the Zhang Spelling Fails, right? Not "feel". XD

SEE EVERYBODY?! SHE DID IT AGAIN! GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU JINX! T_T

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Nao - An awesome replacement for the common word "now".

Why "now" when you can "NAO"? Srsly. :/

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:32 pm

'Have a Chie' - Cuz Chie tastes better than the finest beer.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:'Have a Chie' - Cuz Chie tastes better than the finest beer.

Fuuuuck yes.

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4724
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Redlight District - The only way to describe my dark and gritty personality perfectly. KRUGER.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Hollowed-Words wrote:Redlight District - The only way to describe my dark and gritty personality perfectly. KRUGER.

FEELINGS.

I mean, uh-fuuuuck yes!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:02 pm

IKNOWDAD!!! - A hilarious one-liner from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. :) This is my response when Hollowed-Words states the obvious. Why is she the "DAD"? Well, it seems some of our younger members see her as a father figure. So I'm playing off that gimmick.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top