Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

"I'm Fine...So You Don't Need to Worry"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"I'm Fine...So You Don't Need to Worry"

Post by Konaxookami on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:13 am

Hurrah for OCs? YEs. I suppose so-This is my pet story, in an AU where Shizuru and Natsuki have a son, Kaito, but there's no Keiki (Because of a few things...but mostly because she wasn't created until far after I started writing this) But this story is all about dear ol' Kai, and a massive conspiracy that involves the previous HiME and their offspring. Mostly Kai though. Since Kai is SPECIAL *rainbow motion with hands* anywho-based off of something that sort of happened to me involving my mother-this whole portion was written just so I could write the last few paragraphs. xD So, enjoy-or become confused, because...well-I'm sure you will be. x3 and ignore the sometimes rocky flow of it-this one's a little old.

I'm Fine...so you don't need to worry" a Kaito-HiME side story

It was just a bad day I guess. Well…when you’re me, I guess there really isn’t a day where you have a good day. Not since Mom disappeared. Oh? Don’t know who I am? Kaito. Fujino Kaito. Or Kuga Kaito, if you knew back in the day. Heh…back in the day, seems like that was a lifetime ago. Then again, when Mom left, it felt like my life had ended too.

Yeah, My mom. Kuga Natsuki. Wife to Fujino Shizuru and loving parent of myself. Well…she was. Until she left…and never came back. It wasn’t as if she had gone off and ditched us. She’d never do that-Never. It was just…one morning she was there, ruffling my hair as I went off to school and the next she wasn’t. It had just been a regular day. It was one of those days she’d go off to visit obaa-chan at the cliff. It’s just, she went, and never came back.

The police combed the whole beach and the surrounding area for weeks…but came up with nothing-except her bike. Which didn’t have anything out of the ordinary on it or missing from it; except it’s owner. I hadn’t understood at the time, and Okaa-san tried to shelter me from it all. ‘Mom went away on a business trip; she’ll be back soon,’ I believed for a long time. For months even, before I finally faced reality.

While I had been in denial, so had Shizuru-Kaa-san had been too. But she dropped off the bandwagon far before I did. I feel guilty now, thinking back when I would ask her when Natsuki-mama was coming home. She cried a lot back then. Now a day’s she’s gotten better about it. But both she and I can’t get over it. Get over the fact that she is gone. We try to pretend it isn’t the truth most times.

Mom’s office is exactly the way she left it. Papers that are nine years old still litter the desk. The picture that we’d taken only a few months before she left still sits on the desk. I go in there a lot nowadays, and just just sit in her chair and think. I clean in there a lot too. I’ve found things that make me want to cry, and things that make me upset too. Shizuru-Kaa-san knows that I go in there though; it’s my way to cope. She has her way too. All of Mom’s clothes are still in her closet and her side of the bed is still made and waiting for her.

I’ve gotten off track though, haven’t I? Right- it’s been a bad day. A really bad day. I mean, one of those days that you know it’s just end badly. I sure as hell knew this because it’s always a bad day when a bunch of people in a white van try to come and grab you when you’re leaving school after a especially annoying student council meeting. Sure as hell ain’t a good day when stuff like that happens.

But it’s a bad day when I have to tap into the HiME powers. Yeah, I knew about the HiME battles all. ‘Cept I’m a different type. Part of something D1 calls The HiME Project. I was a born an interesting child to begin with. Part of some experimental new way of conceiving a child an all. Thanks to this-I inherited the HiME gene by double. Thing that baffles the scientists the most is that I happen to own a Y chromosome and due to this, I really shouldn’t have the gene. That’s why I’m part of the project. I’m their test dummy, and I get them to get information about my mother.

My HiME power isn’t all that unique, it’s a lot like my moms’. Ice was her prime element and Kaa-san’s had a knack for manipulating her weapon so me? Ice manipulation. To an extent. It’s pretty weak unless it’s stimulated by some sort of drug. It’s still practical enough to subdue a half dozen burly men if used properly. They seemed to be a bit better than the regular grunt as well. Well…that makes me feel just a bit better.

“Oi,” I walk up to the closet, his legs incased in a sturdy layer of ice and I kick him lightly, “You can talk right?” I ask, forcing myself to keep my tone even, almost polite. Hey, if anything, being raised by a Fujino has taught me manners. The better than a grunt but still a total failure swears at me and gives a scowl. So much for being polite. “Listen. I’m the one who has you all tied up, so how about you listen to me?” I growled, “or else I’ll just have to make a like ice sculpture out of you,” I threaten, even though I really can’t do something like that.

The man’s eyes widen and he gulps, nodding. Good gullible idiot, tell me what I want now. “What do you know about the HiME Project?” I ask gravely, “I know you Searrs bastards are doing something,” I snap. It’s the truth. They were the only ones who knew about the HiMEs besides D1 and I have a hunch, a pretty damn good hunch, that they knew where Mom was.

The man’s teeth grit together and he spits, “I know enough-what about it?” he answers gruffly. Ah, so he isn’t completely stupid. Most guys would simply spill everything they know in a instant.

“Than you’ll know this. Kuga Natsuki. Where is she?” I ask, a slight lump forming in my throat, that damn sliver of hope that this one might know the truth, instead of just another dead lead.

The man tenses and growls, “Son of bitch…” he curses. So he knows something? “I don’t know anything that you’d want to know about her,” he spat. What’s his beef with Mom? I grit my teeth in irritation and grab at his hair and yank his face forward.

“Don’t give me that kind of shit! You know something so tell me! Answer me you bastard!” I yell, desperation finally getting the better of me. “Tell me!”

The man sneers and I feel my heart lurch in discomfort, “She’s far beyond you saving her now. There’s no way you could get her back. Not the way we’ve got her,” It hits me hard. It hits me in a place I hate being hit. The Heart. I’m pissed. I’m mad, and upset and hurt and god damn it all!

“Stupid sonnuva-!” I hook my fist across his jaw and feel the tears coming already, “Shut up!” I cry, slamming my fist across his face again, “You don’t know what I can and can’t do! So don’t you dare say shit like that!” I roar. I’ll bet he’s unconscious right now, far beyond hearing my words, but hitting him is making it easier to cope with it all.

I raise my fist to sock him again but something strong grabs my arm before I throw my punch. I wheel around and widen my eyes in surprise. A shock of graying dark blue hair and piercing violet eyes bear into me. “o-ojii-san…” I croak, why is he here?

“Kaito…let the poor man go,” he orders, his voice firm, yet calm and soothing in some way or another. I feel my free fist loosen its hold on the lapel of the man’s jacket until I let my hand swing back down to my side. He let my fist go and I slowly lowered it to my side.

This man is my biological grandfather from the Kuga side. Kuga Hideyoshi, the man who walked out on my mother when she was just a kid. He came to me in my first year of high school and told me that there was something I could do to help find out what happened to Mom. I had trouble trusting him at first, but over time, I began to realize his reasons for leaving my mother behind. Even though he went off with another woman, he still cared deeply for Mom and still funded everything he could for her. He knew he would be of no help in the HiME war so he stepped into the back ground. Not coming back until it was clear that Mom needed his help again.

“Why are you here?” I finally whisper, walking over to where my bag was and picking it up.

“Well Kaito, though leave six men trapped in ice in the middle of spring seems natural to you, it isn’t to the rest of the world. We came to clean up after you a bit, and bring these men in for a fair Q&A,” He answers calmly, walking towards me.

“Bastard got what had coming to him,” I snap curtly, kicking at a piece of rubble caused by the guns they had tried to fire at me. I tense slightly as he puts an arm on my shoulder.

“Come on Kaito, I’ve got some things to tell you,” he tells me, overly casual, meaning this is something I’ll probably want to hear. I turn to him and he ushers me to a separate car and steps in.

“Shotgun…” I murmur heartlessly, tossing my bag in the back and sliding into the front seat, clipping my seat beat on. I turn my head slightly to him and narrow my eyes, “so what do you have to tell me?” I ask, my voice clippy, I suppose.

He chuckles in slight amusement and glances at me from the corner of his eyes, “Is that any way to speak to you grandfather?” he questions, and I glare at him for a moment, “Well…given what that man told you, I suppose you have the right to be upset.” Yeah…upset doesn’t do it justice right now…

“But I do have something you will be quite interested in,” he adds, and my head shoots up, “I know where your mother is, and why she’s still there,” nervousness and excitement bubble up in my stomach and I clench at the seat beneath me.

“So? Where? Why?” I ask hurriedly, feeling a bit ridiculous for being so very…over excited.

“Searrs- one of their remote bases. And because of what Saeko did in the past,” he answers gravely. I suck in a breath at Searrs, but the second thing makes me rack my brain for an answer. He answers for me, “Saeko-your grandmother. In order to keep D1 from manipulating Natsuki, she sold her to Searrs, in theory.”

“Theory?”

“I really didn’t know the whole of the plan, but I did know the that the district was going to use Natsuki as a pawn to start the HiME battles rolling. Saeko believed, if she could get Natsuki somewhere else, she could stop that chain reaction. She was planning on canceling the deal though, when she was able to get Natsuki to safety. However…you as well as I know what happened instead,” he recounts, a hint of sadness tinging his voice.

“So, Searrs is trying to use that deal in order to use Mom?” I ask, things suddenly becoming clearer, the grunt from before word’s seeming to make much more sense. ‘Can’t get her back with how we’ve got her’ or something like that.

“Yes…though Saeko never opened up her account with the pay, and Natsuki was never actually handed over, the deal still stands, and unless you can get that overturned, she’s technically their ‘property’” he sighs.

“Damn it…” I curse, slamming my first against the top of the dashboard in anger. So I’d have to get her back by force and have to negotiate with those bastards at Searrs? God damn it all…”But then…why’d she go with them in the first place?! She could’ve run off! She had her bike with her!” I cry bitterly, hating my mother for just a second for not fighting back.

“Oh, I’d rest assured Kaito, she fought back. Natsuki was never one to back down from confrontation. My bet is that she was forced into it by black mail, or threats,” Hideyoshi answers, slightly sympathetic.

“Threats? Black mail?”

“Yes. My bet is on that they probably had someone tailing you that day and that they threatened your mother with your personal safety. In fact, if they couldn’t get her, I’ll bet their second choice as you,” I froze in my seat, eyes widening, “Son of two extremely powerful HiME, not to mention full of scientific potential, you were, and still are a prime research subject,” He glances at me again, “That’s my guess though,”

OF course. Mom would do anything to keep me and Kaa-san safe. Even if it meant that she became the sacrifice. In a way though, I think it’s my fault. If I had gotten to school earlier, or stayed home with Kaa-san than maybe Mom wouldn’t be gone. I don’t even notice my tears until I reach up and brush at my face. “Damn it…” I curse, wiping my eyes fiercely. Men don’t cry. My mom had teased me with that line as a child, whenever I’d cry if I didn’t get something I wanted or I got a small scratch, whereas Kaa-san was more likely to coddle me.

I hear the car stopping and I look up. I was home. I glance at Hideyoshi and he nods for me to get out, “I’ll tell you more when you come in tomorrow for testing, alright? Goodnight Kaito,” he bids me farewell as I step out of the vehicle and watch it drive off. I wipe my face again and stay there until I’m sure my face is clean of any tears. I walk up the steps and plaster a genuinely fake smile on my face. I don’t want Kaa-san getting dragged into all this. She has it hard enough as it is, dealing with Mom being gone. Fujino-ojii-chan is sure to keep her busy enough with work but I hate making her worry about me.

I walk in the door and sniff. Ah…dinner time already? “Tadaima,” I call, walking into the kitchen, my fake grin still on my face. Kaa-san turns and smiles at my pleasantly, a real smile to counter my fake one.

“Welcome home Kaito-chan,” she answers softly, and blinks, staring at me for a moment before her smile fades into a small frown, “Kaito-chan…is something wrong? She asks and I feel myself freeze up for a moment before I let out a almost hollow laugh.

“Anything Wrong? Nah, I’m fine Kaa-san, really,” I answer, trying to be earnest, “So you don’t have to worry about me,” I quip, widened my smile slightly. I blink my eyes open though as I hear her walk towards me and wrap her arms around me. My breath hitches and I feel the tears coming again.

“Daijoubu Kai-chan, it’s alright if you need to cry,” she whispers soothingly, stroking my hair lightly, motherly. I bite back a small sob and shake my head, still wrapping my arms around her though.

“Men don’t show their tears,” I try to remind her, my words quavering as I feel the beginning of my tears leak from my eyes.

“Well…as far as I know, Kaito-chan is not yet a man, and is still my son, so I believe it’s fine for him to cry every once in a while…” she trails off and squeezes me slightly, “You don’t have to be strong all the time Kai-chan,” she murmurs and I feel the floodgates open at that. The tears flow and I don’t’ even bother to choke back my sob.

I was just so frustrated and so mad and I feel so guilty and I hate it. I just wanted it all to go away…I didn’t want Kaa-san to see me fall apart because of everything I’ve tried to do thus far. I didn’t want her to see me when I exposed myself and admitted to all my failures and how I still haven’t brought Mom back. I didn’t want to. Men don’t show their tears. I know Mom was only teasing me when she said that, but it’s a moment I had with her that’s still there in my mind. Her playful grin, her amused eyes, and her hand ruffling my hair. It was something I wanted to keep by me. So I lived by those words.

So how was it that Kaa-san just knew something was wrong? How is it she can see through my good acting? How? Maybe it’s just something mothers can do. To know when your child is upset, to know when they need a shoulder to cry on. I wonder if Mom knew too. When I was really upset, or just playing, like I had been in my memory. I just…I don’t even know. And right now I don’t care-because Kaa-san’s arms are warm and her voice is soft, and this is nice, and it helps with the pain.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "I'm Fine...So You Don't Need to Worry"

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Kaito is certainly a regular Clint Eastwood type like his mother. :D This story (so far...I hope there's more soon.) feels like a combination of the anime and the manga. So refreshing to read more about Searrs and their secretive ways. The way Kaito explains his situation with having powers and the whereabouts/concerns of Natsuki is almost like a retelling of Natsuki no Prelude in way. Many sons and daughters of established heroes/villains usually follow in their parent's footsteps, conveniently have the same characteristics and above all, find themselves in a very similar danger. Shizuru knows something's up with the angry little Kaito and it goes beyond mother's intuition. Maybe she wants Kaito to find Natsuki successfully and bring her home. Razz We shall see.

One question, is this a sequel to the one-shot Parent Day? I know Parent Day didn't involve any dramatic storyline, it was just feel good story. I'm just curious is all.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Kaito is certainly a regular Clint Eastwood type like his mother. :D This story (so far...I hope there's more soon.) feels like a combination of the anime and the manga. So refreshing to read more about Searrs and their secretive ways. The way Kaito explains his situation with having powers and the whereabouts/concerns of Natsuki is almost like a retelling of Natsuki no Prelude in way. Many sons and daughters of established heroes/villains usually follow in their parent's footsteps, conveniently have the same characteristics and above all, find themselves in a very similar danger. Shizuru knows something's up with the angry little Kaito and it goes beyond mother's intuition. Maybe she wants Kaito to find Natsuki successfully and bring her home. Razz We shall see.

One question, is this a sequel to the one-shot Parent Day? I know Parent Day didn't involve any dramatic storyline, it was just feel good story. I'm just curious is all.

There is more Luu-^^ I just have to type it up. I have it in a notebook somewhere in the mess of my room. Sneaky Searrs is ALWAYS the villain in my stories Luu! xD At least that's how it seems most times. And it is a bit like Natsuki No Prelude now that I think about it. xD The idea came to me suddenly when I thought it would've been cool if males could get the HiME gene-and lucky me I happened to have a perfect lab rat for the idea! Kaito would be a cheerful and upbeat teenager if Natsuki hadn't gotten spirited away, so I suppose he is a bit too similar to his mother in that matter. He's just a hecka more stupid =_= -nodnod- a real idiot when it comes to certain things. But Shizuru is always there to straighten him out. xD And both of his grandfathers as well. Shizuru knows that something is troubling Kai-but she's not going to act on the impulse for a while since she's trying to do her own research into what happened to Natsuki.
The two don't know the other is doing research and it's actually amusing for me to think about xD. Especially since Kai's using a backalley way of looking into things, and Shizuru the less shady side.
And this isn't diredtly connected to Parent Day, but I suppose you could say that the two universes touch. The Parent Day universe is the one where Keiki is introduced, and the Kaito-HiME is the bizarre one. xD

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Konaxookami wrote:There is more Luu-^^ I just have to type it up. I have it in a notebook somewhere in the mess of my room. Sneaky Searrs is ALWAYS the villain in my stories Luu! xD At least that's how it seems most times. And it is a bit like Natsuki No Prelude now that I think about it. xD The idea came to me suddenly when I thought it would've been cool if males could get the HiME gene-and lucky me I happened to have a perfect lab rat for the idea! Kaito would be a cheerful and upbeat teenager if Natsuki hadn't gotten spirited away, so I suppose he is a bit too similar to his mother in that matter. He's just a hecka more stupid =_= -nodnod- a real idiot when it comes to certain things. But Shizuru is always there to straighten him out. xD And both of his grandfathers as well. Shizuru knows that something is troubling Kai-but she's not going to act on the impulse for a while since she's trying to do her own research into what happened to Natsuki.
The two don't know the other is doing research and it's actually amusing for me to think about xD. Especially since Kai's using a backalley way of looking into things, and Shizuru the less shady side.
And this isn't diredtly connected to Parent Day, but I suppose you could say that the two universes touch. The Parent Day universe is the one where Keiki is introduced, and the Kaito-HiME is the bizarre one. xD

Don't be so hard on Kaito, he's just a boy. ;p Boys are more rash, stubborn and braver than girls. Anyway, I shall take this in as a Natsuki no Prelude inspired tale. Might I also praise you for giving males the chance to have HiME powers. When I was part of the Sailor Moon community, several male fans would create threads criticizing Naoko Takeuchi for not having male Sailor Senshi (Tux doesn't count) and saying "Men can't be Sailor Senshi". I wasn't one of these people, but I can understand their position. They wanna be part of something, unlike me who works alone. So in the future, guys can look at this story as a beacon of hope to become a HiME. Rather than me the male in distress like Tate and Takumi.

Kaito is a likable character already by doing things HIS way, it's so Natsuki-like. I'm interested in what Shizuru will do next, she's very unpredictable herself. Next chapter and fast! :D

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top