Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Disney Princess/General Thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disney Princess/General Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:15 pm

(( Ah, Disney. The most powerful organization in the entire world. XD Underneath it's heavy promotional exterior, Disney brought us many timeless classics. My personal favorite being Pinocchio, which is one of the VERY few 5 star films in my book.

Rather than talk about Disney's history or it's current TV shows, I wanna discuss my favorite part of Disney fandom: The women.

From Snow White to Princess and the Frog, the ladies of Disney were all unique in their own way. Only two became my top loves:

Esmeralda from Hunchback of Notre Dame:

Not a princess, just a gypsy. But look at her dammit. LOOK AT HER. The most perfect example of beauty in a non-anime universe. Seriously. Her raven black hair, her skin, and the fact that she's the most outspoken and fearless female in Disney next to Mulan. She stood up to that creep Frollo and owned his entire army of guards. Not only that, she performed a very sexy pole dance, which is funny when I watch it back since Demi Moore voiced Esmeralda and in 1996 what other movie was Demi doing relating to pole dancing? The stupid, but hilarious: Striptease. The movie's best song, "God Help the Outcasts" is sung by this gorgeous vixen, and it's so moving. *sigh* Disney in their prime, baby.

Pocahontas from...Pocahontas. XD

Native Americans, my god, Native Americans. >o< Pocahontas captured my heart back in 1994/5 (?) with her dazzling beauty and courage to stand up against tradition and war. Like Esmeralda, Pocahontas had the privilege of singing one of the best Disney songs of all time, "Colors of the Wind". A testament to planet Earth and all living things. Her long black hair, omg....XD I love dark haired women as you probably already guess.

So, discuss anything Disney related here! As a bonus, here's Timon and Pumbaa doing the Hula ;p :

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Disney Princess/General Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:59 am

Double post just to say Midori-sama loved her surprise present which was a Mulan doll! Razz Ever since last year she's been repeating over and over "I want a Mulan doll! waaah waaah waaah"

As always, I make wishes come true. O_O; Does that make me a Disney cronie?

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:39 am

-pouts- u got pocahontas! no fair!!!!
>< can i have princess jasmine? she's always been my favorite -lick her always exposed tummy-
when aladdin came out, i soooooooo wanted to fuckk them both
>< aladdin and jasmine are the hottest disney couple

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1359
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:13 pm

No fair? You posted pics of movie Jasmine! I should be pissed at you, bitch! :evil:

Aladdin is one of the best Disney films. Robin Williams is so epic as Genie and Jasmine is just a sex goddess in the first movie (not anymore in the cheaply animated series and movie sequels). Damn she's so hot. Is it wrong to think an Arab is hot? Razz

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:18 pm

not at all! :3 girls from any country can be hot! just forget their country's problems lol
movie jasmine and aladdin are my loves! -claims them with my sex web-

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Disney makes me nervous. There were rumors that they wanted to license my show.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:15 pm

Rei Hino wrote:Disney makes me nervous. There were rumors that they wanted to license my show.

disney does own miyazaki films right? if they bought sailor moon or mai hime, i will kill someone....

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:29 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:disney does own miyazaki films right? if they bought sailor moon or mai hime, i will kill someone....

((That is correct and if they did secure rights to my favorite anime series, there will be some serious Hell to pay. Disney's marketing is good, but the idea just scares me. Think of how watered down both franchises will be to reach out to mainstream audiences.))

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:48 pm

((It's about time I got around to this.... my Disney goddess...

Mulan, of course! She's strong, she's beautiful, she's Asian and a cross-dresser XD Everything a Midori loves <33

And I loooove my doll that my Luu got for me <333 Since he already got to Pocahontas, I will have to talk about my secondary Disney love, Cinderella, in my next post :3))

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4724
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:52 pm

(( <3 For almost two years, we've ran into each other at various Disney threads and discussions. Always mentioning how much you want a Mulan doll. I love to grant wishes. ^o^

Mulan is awesome, she was daring enough to go to war for her father, Fa Zhou. But then it became more than just that, it was about becoming someone worthwhile. So she can be proud of herself. She reminds me a lot of my darling that way. <3 Only Midori-sama doesn't have to murder Shan-Yu with fireworks to prove how awesome she is. XD

My only complaint about the Mulan movie is not going over Fa Zhou's war history. They mention he was a great war veteran, but we don't know why. If I did, then Mulan's accomplishment would feel stronger because it would be like the passing of the torch type thing. Other than that, stellar film and it was about damn time we had an Asian Princess. ))

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:03 am

lol. you guys took all the ones I'd have chosen.

Agrees with Midori for Mulan. The woman is teh awesome! Way to out-honor the men looking down on her!
And Meg for Princess Jasmine. The woman is sexilicious! Razz

:D

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8908
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1349

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 am

Dye has great taste too! :D

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Rapunzel...

...you're turning out to be one of my favorites. You're blond, incredibly cute and sassy. I love sassy girls. I love you Fun to tease and take advantage of. I'm definitely going to see Tangled. I miss traditional hand-drawn animation, but I'll give this one a chance. Last year's Princess and the Frog was beyond awesome, let's see if Disney's still got it. Can't let Pixar's overrated line up steal the show. No offense to Pixar lovers, Toy Story 3 was epic, but nothing beats a story about beautiful American drawn princess. Unless it's anime. ;p

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:28 am

Awesome pics, Ruu-chan! <3 I'm totally getting pumped for this movie.

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Me too! GAH! >o< More Rapunzel goodness:

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:41 pm

Omg that clip was so awesome X33

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Oh now I want to see that movie even MORE. After I see Harry Potter of course. >>

As for Disney princesses-I LOVE Belle-smart, speaks her mind, and willing to look past differences. =3 What's not to love about her? I find her ball gown absolutely gorgeous too.

And Then there's Ariel of course-a mermaid with red hair, curious, loves to sing, and a bit of rebelliousness. Granted, a wee bit stupid and out there-but she was always one of my favorites. Gotta love them mermaid curves, right?

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Konaxookami wrote:Oh now I want to see that movie even MORE. After I see Harry Potter of course. >>

As for Disney princesses-I LOVE Belle-smart, speaks her mind, and willing to look past differences. =3 What's not to love about her? I find her ball gown absolutely gorgeous too.

And Then there's Ariel of course-a mermaid with red hair, curious, loves to sing, and a bit of rebelliousness. Granted, a wee bit stupid and out there-but she was always one of my favorites. Gotta love them mermaid curves, right?

Yes! <3 Ariel and Belle are both so damn awesome. It's hard to pick a favorite Ariel moment from the first movie, so I'll just provide my favorite Belle moment:

The reprise is incredibly spirit lifting, albeit short.

*faceplam*

That Gaston. I'm more of a MAN than he is, yet I can still attract the intellectual types in addition to the brainless bimbos that followed him around. :3 Helps to have a sensitive side.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:27 pm

I actually never thought about which Disney princess could be my favourite o.o I have to watch and rewatch all these Disney movies to make sure, no??

Well, my favourite Disney movie is still "The Lion King" X)

Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7062
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

View user profile http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:15 pm

:D As a Lion King lover, were you ever shocked about the comparisons to Kimba the White Lion? After all, Kimba came first. ;p

In other news, here are more Rapunzel clips:

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Posting my Tangled review here too. ;p I'm doing the Corporate Mouse a favor!

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Tangled aka Rapunzel

Last year's Princess and the Frog revived Disney Animated films for me, taking it back to the old school style of hand drawn animation. Unfortunately it seems that it was a one time deal as clearly seen in 2010's Tangled. The 50th animated feature in Disney's classic line up. I went into this film with high expectations. Okay, maybe not THAT high. Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and especially Pinocchio are tough acts to top. However, Tangled sold me all the way. It's a magical film starring the cutest Disney female in many years.

Meet Rapunzel, a spunky and energetic girl with a dream to see what lies beyond the tower she's confined to. Also, see why these floating lights fill the sky every year on her birthday. It all started with villainess Mother Gothel discovering a magical healing flower created by a single ray of sun. Gothel has been using this flower to preserve her youth for many years until one day, the Queen of the kingdom falls ill. This leaves the entire kingdom searching for the magical flower and because of Gothel's screw up, the flower is recovered. The Queen is then healed from her illness and gives birth to her daughter, Rapunzel. The power of the flower becomes part of Rapunzel, specifically her long hair. When Gothel returns she discovers if cut, the hair loses it's power. She has no choice but to kidnap the princess and raise her in a secret tower. A secret plan to keep her immortality forever has the villainess, Mother Gothel, keeps Rapunzel locked up for all eternity.

Close to her 18th birthday, Rapunzel finally works up the courage to ask Mother Gothel if she can go see where the floating lights are located. Gothel insists that the world is cruel and dark for Rapunzel to venture out into. Denying her for the 18th time in a row, Rapunzel soon finds the spark she needed to accomplish her dream. Meet "Flynn Rider" (you'll find out why I quoted his name when you watch the film. ^_~ ), a skilled thief who along with two cronies steal the crown of the missing princess. With the loyal guard on his tail, he accidentally finds the secret tower and meets Rapunzel. From there, hilarity and sweetness ensues.

The humor in Tangled is just as adorable as Rapunzel. Let's talk about Rapunzel herself, she's such a cutie. *blush* I have this thing for blonds and
Spoiler:
brunettes *wink wink*
so she's VERY appealing to me. Thanks to Rapunzel, flying pans are going to be extremely popular. XD She's a girl with dreams, intelligence and a gorgeous voice. "Flynn" is also a great character, he starts out like the typical suave male character with his one-liners and witty charm. He starts to develop the more he spends time with a dreamer like Rapunzel, it's very touching. Mother Gothel is your typical villainess, but I did enjoy her songs a lot. "Mother Knows Best" has been stuck in my head all day. XD Still, she's not a good follow up to the Shadow Man from Princess and the Frog imo. Neither were the critters, Maximus and Pascal. I liked them, especially Maximus (the most bad ass horse in Disney history!) but Louis and Ray from Frog had much better charisma. I know I've been giving last year's epic a lot of credit, forgive me. XD The general idea was probably to keep the critters more "simple" this time around. My favorite character is easily Rapunzel. She's so cute, a major spaz and wields a FLYING PAN! I can't get over how awesome she is. Mandy Moore voiced and sung as Rapunzel and did it with such excellence. Zachary Levi ( "Flynn" ) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel) were amazing too.

I only have two nitpicks for Tangled. One being the obvious, the animation. I'm still not big on the CG animation, never loved it as much as others have. I firmly believe this movie would of looked amazing in hand-drawn animation. When Rapunzel healed Flynn's injured hand (revealing the magic healing abilities), that would of been such a beautiful scene in 2D animation. This a small nitpick mind you, I do think the movie is visually beautiful. My second nitpick is the movie felt kinda short. Soon after Rapunzel is free from the tower, they find the kingdom. I was hoping for more adventure after the water chase scene and more FlynnxRapunzel moments. Especially the latter, there was amazing chemistry between those two, why not drag it out longer?!

Overall, I loved Tangled. It's a welcome addition to the Disney animated movie legacy. The kids will love it and so will adults I think. It's pure magic throughout the whole film and it was about time Disney brought this Grimm Fairy tale to life.

Rating: :star: :star: :star: :star: / :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

FULL PRICE

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:51 pm

I loooooved teh review there Luu. Personally I didn't mind the CG. Just think of how long it would take to hand draw all that hair! This movie kinda needed the CG for all the sparkles and shining. As much as I like the hand drawn animation-I feel like CG suited this movie pretty well.

Spoiler:
especially for Rapunzel's adorable pixie cut at the end and the hair color changing scene. =3 I can't get over how ADORABLE that hairstyle looks on her

But there was something I enjoyed that was in Tangled that wasn't in Prince and the Frog. LOVE DUET PLEASE AND THANK YOU. I was very upset with the lack of singing between Tiana and the Prince, and they lacked the chemistry that Flynn and Rapunzel had. So love duet was very nice-and I just overall liked Flynn more then Navien altogether. He just had more charm as a character.

I thought Maximus and Pascel were cute though-they had a different flare from Ray and Louis. I thought the whole silent partner thing worked well-and I enjoyed the comedy they provided more than Ray and Louis's, simply because they were much different sidekicks.

Still, I agree. GOOD DISNEY MOVIE IS GOOD.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Konaxookami wrote:I loooooved teh review there Luu. Personally I didn't mind the CG. Just think of how long it would take to hand draw all that hair! This movie kinda needed the CG for all the sparkles and shining. As much as I like the hand drawn animation-I feel like CG suited this movie pretty well.

Spoiler:
especially for Rapunzel's adorable pixie cut at the end and the hair color changing scene. =3 I can't get over how ADORABLE that hairstyle looks on her

But there was something I enjoyed that was in Tangled that wasn't in Prince and the Frog. LOVE DUET PLEASE AND THANK YOU. I was very upset with the lack of singing between Tiana and the Prince, and they lacked the chemistry that Flynn and Rapunzel had. So love duet was very nice-and I just overall liked Flynn more then Navien altogether. He just had more charm as a character.

I thought Maximus and Pascel were cute though-they had a different flare from Ray and Louis. I thought the whole silent partner thing worked well-and I enjoyed the comedy they provided more than Ray and Louis's, simply because they were much different sidekicks.

Still, I agree. GOOD DISNEY MOVIE IS GOOD.

I suppose you're right about it needing to be CG for Rappy's hair, maybe I'm expecting too much out of Disney. Can you blame me! They were once innovation of animation! ;p If Walt were alive, Rapunzel could be pulled off in 2D.

ZOMG! LOVE DUET! Yeah that was a strong point for the films since it's a throwback to Snow White and Cinderella. I dunno, Naveen and Flynn are equally charismatic, handsome sons of bitches like me. I did miss Naveen's accent though. XD Flynn, believe it or not, relates more to me so that's the connect I have to him.

True, true! The silent mascots are more expressive (many film historians would credit the comedians of the 20s -before sound kicked in- over the ones that talk. Body language is a lost art, but cartoons can pull it off. Pascal is such a stinker, I like him a lot. Maximus blew me away, he's such a bad ass. Disney is full of horses with their own attitude thing going. ^_~

Check out this amazing Rapunzel cosplayer:

<3_<3

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Hula Timon is the best. I wrecked my Lion King tape replaying that scene over so many times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:18 pm

NAO BUMP!

PsychoKat101 wrote:Hula Timon is the best. I wrecked my Lion King tape replaying that scene over so many times.

Same here. XD When the video came out years ago (before you were born meh thinks...) I brought it to school for the last day and everyone wanted to watch that scene over and over.

: Good times, GOOD TIMES.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:29 pm

BILLY GET OUT OF MY FORUM. I mean.... Luu's forum! Ahahahaha.... YEAH.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top