Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Venus Versus Virus553

Venus Versus Virus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Venus Versus Virus

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:36 pm

Venus Versus Virus

Taking advantage of F.Y.E. (a video store) and it's 50% off sale is fun! I picked up volume one of an anime called Venus Versus Virus since I've had a friend tell me it was awesome. I was quite surprised to find it since it's an ADVFilms release and they've been gone for quite a while now.

I'll be back with thoughts of the first four episodes as a whole. :D If you already know this series, discuss all you want.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.
"In the words of George Takei, "Ara~!"

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points: 39974
Armitage GUTS!!!: 2356

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Venus Versus Virus

Post by Kino karutta-chan on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Watched it for years. I love both the opening and ending of it (the ending more than the opening though). If I remember correctly I did liked this anime, but I hated the end.

You're where I want to be
Kino karutta-chan R.I.P. 3rd of July 2011

Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points: 7057
Armitage GUTS!!!: 1556

View user profile http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Yeah, my friend hated the ending too. Is it really THAT bad? ^_^; Don't answer that.

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Venus Versus Virus volume 1:

Venus Versus Virus or "Triple V" as I came to call it, is a very cute series. Sure it has creepy monsters (referred to as Viruses), but my focus is on our main heroines. Lucia Nahashi, the stone faced Venus Vanguard leader is adorable and so badass. She leads a group that wants to destroy every single Virus monster that only certain people can see. Enter Sumire Takahana, your cliche sweet girl with the ability to see Viruses too. For some reason beyond my understanding she has a Berserker power whenever exposed to the substance that hurts Viruses (which Lucia uses as bullets for her revolver).

Keep in mind that I only have four episodes and so far it feels VERY episodic with it's monsters-of-the-day ala Mai-HiME and Sailor Moon. I don't have a problem with this personally, so there's no points taken off. Sumire is a very sweet girl and Lucia is awesome to watch in action. Sumire has emotional investment at the moment since she's treated like a lab rat (because of the Berserker ability) by her friends. I'd like to think they're doing it for her own good until they get some answers. As a viewer, I want more answers soon too.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:33 pm

i liked the anime one i forgot to say I own.
Certain things were a bit rushed since it only had a few episodes. even the manga was short but it took forever to finish but a but different from anime in ways.
certain things needed some work but a good anime.
Lucia and Sumire would be cute together!

Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points: 733
Armitage GUTS!!!: 112

View user profile http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:
even the manga was short but it took forever to finish but a but different from anime in ways.
That's what I thought. The anime felt rushed with it's pacing. The manga on the other hand was very slow with a lot of exposition, making it feel much longer. Both were good in their own way, but I know nobody enjoyed the anime's ending. XD

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kiros Razer wrote:
even the manga was short but it took forever to finish but a but different from anime in ways.
That's what I thought. The anime felt rushed with it's pacing. The manga on the other hand was very slow with a lot of exposition, making it feel much longer. Both were good in their own way, but I know nobody enjoyed the anime's ending. XD

i am one of those who agree with the ending, it could have been done better.
I waited for the manga to finish like forever! XD
Things seemed a little different so I kept waiting.

Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points: 733
Armitage GUTS!!!: 112

View user profile http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:
i am one of those who agree with the ending, it could have been done better.
I waited for the manga to finish like forever! XD
Things seemed a little different so I kept waiting.
xD I waited forever just to finish the short anime as well! It must of been one of the last anime that ADVFilms released before the company went under, because I had trouble finding the last two singles DVDs for a long time. XDDD

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:35 am

I enjoyed VvV, though I agree the ending was rushed and disappointing...I still need to read the Manga

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points: 3541
Armitage GUTS!!!: 240

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:I enjoyed VvV, though I agree the ending was rushed and disappointing...I still need to read the Manga

You'll love it, James. Much better pacing.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top