Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

What's your Ethnic Background?

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What's your Ethnic Background?

Post by IlliterateKoi on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:07 pm

I honestly have no idea, so let's just go with British shall we? XD

IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4241
Armitage GUTS!!! : 432

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:26 pm

Me, I'm your typical black American. A little Seminole from my Floridian dad, and some Algonquin of some tribe or other from my Virginian mom.

Probably some English and Dutch way up in the family tree (my original last name is Baety - not too unfamiliar to you Indonesians, eh), having fun of some sort or another.

BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 413
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 pm

depression76 wrote:My Dad's side...still a mystery x3

You're just a mystery....[/quote]

xDDD

Won't be fun if I'm not a big ball of mysteries Natsuki Kruger2

[/quote]

What? Now you're a big ball of mysteries? Sheesh. >.>;;[/quote]

Hahahahahaha! Natsuki Kruger2

I'm a ball of yarn! Untangle meh! giggity *runs away cackling[/quote]

I can't untangle you if you keep runnin'... o.o[/quote]

How about now?

OwO *sits down and stays put*[/quote]

you're crazy...and since Dye failed to untangle... *starts untangling teh Deppeh*

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5947
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:31 pm

depression76 wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:
depression76 wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:
depression76 wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:
depression76 wrote:New information acquired from when I went back to my country last year:

I'm Indonesian with a drop of Chinese from my Mom's side of the family. There's some Dutch from my Mom's family as well, but it doesn't show in me...so it has to be a really tiny drop or something >>

My Dad's side...still a mystery x3

You're just a mystery....

xDDD

Won't be fun if I'm not a big ball of mysteries Natsuki Kruger2

What? Now you're a big ball of mysteries? Sheesh. >.>;;

Hahahahahaha! Natsuki Kruger2

I'm a ball of yarn! Untangle meh! giggity *runs away cackling

I can't untangle you if you keep runnin'... o.o

How about now?

OwO *sits down and stays put*

you're crazy...and since Dye failed to untangle... *starts untangling teh Deppeh*

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5947
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:41 am

Well let's see...
My mom and dad are both Mexicans, so not much of a variety there. Maybe just that my grandma was from the USA...
However, if we do a trip to the past is most likely where we find something.
According to my last names (yeah, in Mexico we have TWO last names), the two of them are Spanish, however I might have something French as well. According to my mom, my grandpa told her that his grandparents or something like that were from France, but maybe through marriage, the French last name got lost across generations.
Now with the other spanish last name, maybe, just maybe it goes even further back into the past when Spain was invaded by the muslims.
I say this because for some reason when I travel, people had asked me if I'm from Irag, Morroco, or from any other Arab country...

So, to sum it up, I might have: French, Arab, Spanish, and US origins...

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:04 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Well let's see...
My mom and dad are both Mexicans, so not much of a variety there. Maybe just that my grandma was from the USA...
However, if we do a trip to the past is most likely where we find something.
According to my last names (yeah, in Mexico we have TWO last names), the two of them are Spanish, however I might have something French as well. According to my mom, my grandpa told her that his grandparents or something like that were from France, but maybe through marriage, the French last name got lost across generations.
Now with the other spanish last name, maybe, just maybe it goes even further back into the past when Spain was invaded by the muslims.
I say this because for some reason when I travel, people had asked me if I'm from Irag, Morroco, or from any other Arab country...

So, to sum it up, I might have: French, Arab, Spanish, and US origins...

Everyone's a little bit of everything nowadays... :3

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8918
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Yeah, certainly.
However it was just recently that I knew about my possible French origins...

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 am

I'm not entirely sure about my background, but believe it or not, I'm part Hispanic ^o^ My grandfather's grandparents came from Mexico, and grandpa was the second generation born in the States. My mother, my grandfather's daughter, is part Mexican, German, Irish and Scottish, so that makes me 25% Mexican, if I remember correctly, and being about 12% German and 6% Irish and Scottish.

My dad on the other hand is 100% Portuguese, born in Hawaii. Not sure how many generations his family lived in Hawaii, however, but my dad has a bit of a unique accent, along with his parents :D They speak Pidgin English too Natsuki Kruger2

So with Dad being Portuguese, that makes me 50% Portuguese, so it's no wonder I look authentically Caucasian Razz But I'm more proud of being part nationalities my mother's side has ^_^

Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9893
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

View user profile http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:34 pm

0-0 Hmm...i shall contribute! 

My mom is 100% Puerto Rican, my Abuelo and Abuela came to the USA in the 60's when they were middle-aged. Since their Puerto Rican that also makes them 1/3 Spaniard (White), 1/3 African (though we all look white), and 1/3 Taino from the native tribe that first lived on the island. On my dad's side, he's half Pueto Rican and half Ecuadorian. If you break Ecuador down that makes him 1/3 Incan, 1/3 Spaniard, and 1/3 Chinese from my Great Aunt

So yeah...i've been places 0-0

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2592
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

View user profile http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:28 pm

o.o You're very mixed, Mi-Cray! You'll grow up to be a beautiful woman. Wink

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Chinese Filipino for the most part.
Both my mom and dad's family have Chinese bloodline. However, my family in particular don't look like Chinese because of my mother's Cuban roots. We don't have the small, narrow eyes that the common or pure Chinese people have, hence we're called "Semi-Singkit" or semi-Sino (semi-Chinese). :)

franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2130
Armitage GUTS!!! : 257

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:18 pm

franticfranz wrote:Chinese Filipino for the most part.
Both my mom and dad's family have Chinese bloodline. However, my family in particular don't look like Chinese because of my mother's Cuban roots. We don't have the small, narrow eyes that the common or pure Chinese people have, hence we're called "Semi-Singkit" or semi-Sino (semi-Chinese). :)

Filipinos are supposed to know a bit of Spanish. Do you have any knowledge of the language, Franny? :)

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Filipinos are supposed to know a bit of Spanish. Do you have any knowledge of the language, Franny?

Not that much. The old folks would have knowledge of Spanish because back then, it's required that one knows how to speak it. Although I would believe that most of the words in Filipino (Tagalog) are derived from Spanish. Some of them not having the same meaning. E.g. the word "Siempre". We have this in Filipino. In Spanish, it means "forever", but in Filipino, it's not. It can either mean, "Yes, of course" or "Why, yes!" depending on how its used by the person speaking. 

Nowadays with modernity, Filipinos can be heard speaking the language with mixed colloquial words (salitang Kanto) or even gay lingo. But they're just being used in everyday conversations. There's even also a dialect down the south called "Chavacano". It's a Spanish-based creole dialect. It's more of Gratuitous Spanish for me. :)

franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by View Master on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Latino, German and Sicilian.

View Master
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 19
Armitage GUTS!!! : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aRANZa-tHAiR on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:06 pm

I am Mexican, my parents are Mexican, I have understood that my mother's family is from Oaxaca, specifically they are descended from a people who are the Zapotecs, so I understand a bit of the dialect, for example to tell a girl: you're beautiful they say: "bi-(y)oro" or to name a place with a intersting legend is somethin like... to-to-jáa that means the foot on the stone. Because in that place there is a stone  and the leyend says:  has engraved the shape of a foot, for hundreds of years and no one has been able to give an explanation of how it happened. The dialect is interesting, but requires a very peculiar pronunciation.

the family of my father...
I must thank the topic gave me an good excuse to talk with him. He told me the hidden history of the family sweatdrop
 probably part of his family has some French touches (from when they landed in Veracuz) and I must say:
my grandmother was a beautiful woman, also my great aunt.
I know that my face are similar to it, (especially the eyes) but seriously I see the pictures of when she was young and I say, no, wait! I don't have this beauty...

lately I find it comical that people who know me question me about my roots: is rare but somethimes they say: Your family comes from japan? :shock: Of course no! (or I think so) I thought it was because sometimes I write in Japanese, or my haircut had asian influences, but they said me: I don't say for that reason, but as you have that face type...

and me: :shock:

so... I guess I'm mixed race... although now that I think about and reading different stories, perhaps not Japanese roots, perhaps... Filipino roots? my two last names are spanish too  mmm... Philosodori

aRANZa-tHAiR
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 172
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:27 pm

aRANZa-tHAiR wrote:so... I guess I'm mixed race... although now that I think about and reading different stories, perhaps not Japanese roots, perhaps... Filipino roots? my two last names are spanish too  mmm... Philosodori
Well...it could be.
Even my family name's Spanish, too. I mean most Filipino family names are, except some Chinese-Filipino minority. :)

franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:19 pm

bump 

Just updating about my ethnic background. Not that long ago, my cousin from my mother's side discovered that there were ancestors actually Jewish. We never knew that until that day we were informed (Thanksgiving :) ) Not only I'm part Hispanic, turns out I'm also part Jewish! Razz Only a small bit, the last of it, or in my grandmother's words: "Like a little drop of tea in a cup"  Natsuki Kruger2 

Kuga Natsuki

Bubuzuke points : 9893
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

View user profile http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:10 pm

Turns out my dad's grandma was Italian, from Sicily, though her family is actually from the North so their also technically part Austrian which is also Germanic (this explains why she and I look so European) so I guess I'm about the same as my favorite Oppai hunter, though she's from the South which is why she has darker skin (this is how you can usually tell Italians apart, as Northerners tend to have light skin and Southerners tanned skin). Damn I have a lot of places to visit when I get older 0--0

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2592
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

View user profile http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:55 pm

Interesting topic  Happy 
My parents are Chinese-Indonesian. So I'm Chinese-Indonesian too. Even though I look like Chinese more than Indonesian. When I laugh, my eyes will appear like this ^.^ (it will turn to line *sighs*) I know how to speak Chinese (daily conversation), but please don't ask me about the writings, because I'm suck on that. lol.

fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 207
Armitage GUTS!!! : 73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:42 am

fortunelestion wrote:Interesting topic  Happy 
My parents are Chinese-Indonesian. So I'm Chinese-Indonesian too. Even though I look like Chinese more than Indonesian. When I laugh, my eyes will appear like this ^.^ (it will turn to line *sighs*) I know how to speak Chinese (daily conversation), but please don't ask me about the writings, because I'm suck on that. lol.

Wow, cool! My girlfriend is Indonesian. How much Bahasa do you know? And as for Chinese, do you speak Mandarin? Cantonese?

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:13 am

[quote="Luu Sky Sapphire"]
fortunelestion wrote:
Wow, cool! My girlfriend is Indonesian. How much Bahasa do you know? And as for Chinese, do you speak Mandarin? Cantonese?

Really Luu?! Wow that's awesome! I speak Bahasa actually, because I live in Indonesia. Lol. Yup. I speak Mandarin when I need to. Mostly for daily conversation with my dad. I don't know Cantonese lol. My dad clan is Chinese-Khek (Kecia), and my mom's is Chinese-Fujian. They can speak their own native language. But unfortunately, I don't know about it lol :p

fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:26 pm

fortunelestion wrote:Really Luu?! Wow that's awesome! I speak Bahasa actually, because I live in Indonesia. Lol. Yup. I speak Mandarin when I need to. Mostly for daily conversation with my dad. I don't know Cantonese lol. My dad clan is Chinese-Khek (Kecia), and my mom's is Chinese-Fujian. They can speak their own native language. But unfortunately, I don't know about it lol :p
[/quote]

Very cool background! I'll have my girlfriend log on and meet you. She'll be thrilled to know more Bahasa speakers are around! Wink

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:24 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
fortunelestion wrote:Really Luu?! Wow that's awesome! I speak Bahasa actually, because I live in Indonesia. Lol. Yup. I speak Mandarin when I need to. Mostly for daily conversation with my dad. I don't know Cantonese lol. My dad clan is Chinese-Khek (Kecia), and my mom's is Chinese-Fujian. They can speak their own native language. But unfortunately, I don't know about it lol :p

Very cool background! I'll have my girlfriend log on and meet you. She'll be thrilled to know more Bahasa speakers are around! Wink[/quote]

Thank you Luu  Happy I can't wait to meet her too! Yeah, its awesome to know there are Indonesian around here :D Does she live in Indonesia Luu? Or in your country?

fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:17 pm

She lives in Indonesia. Pekanbaru Riau. Her area was hit by volcanic ash recently, but it's starting to clear up now.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:36 pm

DID SOMEONE SAY INDONESIA?
<-- is one too

DIMANA DIMANA RAKYAT BANGSAKU?

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper