Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

NatNao... what is the deal?!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NatNao... what is the deal?!

Post by BMeph on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:...
BMeph wrote:Anyway, my question is: why do NatNao (denied) pairings seem to show up so much in ShizNat fic?

Because Nao Yuuki/Juliet Nao Zhang is always the third wheel in storylines that involved Natsuki or Shizuru. Whether it can be directly linked to romance or not, Nao shares a chemistry with Natsuki that is tension filled. Maybe it's the unpredictability that lures people in. Not saying ShizNat is predictable, but Nao is a "don't give two fucks" kinda girl. Anything could happen.

Actually, after a little thought, and trawling, I think I can answer my own question, in one:

Foil.

Also, I guess, as other fics show, they're Vitriolic Best Buds in the making.

Last edited by BMeph on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added VBB ref.)

BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 413
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygirl78 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm more into NatNao because:

1) I can't stand Shizuru
2) Natsuki and Nao are more compatible.

Don't forget the Mai-Otome CD.

mandygirl78
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 328
Armitage GUTS!!! : 108

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:57 pm

mandygirl78 wrote:I'm more into NatNao because:

1) I can't stand Shizuru

XD You made #1 perfectly clear a long time ago and I respect that. I must ask though; why are Natsuki and Nao more compatible to you? I'd like to understand your specific views. :) This question goes for both Natsuki Kuga/Natsuki Kruger and Nao Yuuki/Juliet Nao Zhang.

NatNao

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygirl78 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

1) I can't stand Shizuru

XD You made #1 perfectly clear a long time ago and I respect that. I must ask though; why are Natsuki and Nao more compatible to you? I'd like to understand your specific views. :) This question goes for both Natsuki Kuga/Natsuki Kruger and Nao Yuuki/Juliet Nao Zhang.

NatNao

Because Natsuki and Nao came from the same background. Plus, they seem to understand each other better (remember, Natsuki saved Nao's from being killed from Shizuru). Natsuki and Shizuru are almost polar opposites.

mandygirl78
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 328
Armitage GUTS!!! : 108

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:34 am

mandygirl78 wrote:Because Natsuki and Nao came from the same background. Plus, they seem to understand each other better (remember, Natsuki saved Nao's from being killed from Shizuru). Natsuki and Shizuru are almost polar opposites.

o.o But remember, opposites attract! It's strange how opinion on Nao and Natsuki is split into two. We have half believing they're not a good match BECAUSE they're too similar. Then we have the other side that believes their similar history is the spark needed to start a very close; comfortable relationship. I don't mind NatNao really, as long as it's presented to me in a tender way. These are two characters with tough upbringings, y'know.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:54 pm

I would have to say (though someone may have already said this) I don't think Nao and Natsuki is a good combination or pairing.
They are both alike in personality and motives.
They both hate the other's guts.

I would assume people thought the same thing and had the feeling they deserved each other because of it. Also, I"m a ShizNat fan, only cuz it's canon and hot!
Though I do not mind this dangerous pairing.
Kind of Luu said, keep it classy and reasonable.

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4581
Armitage GUTS!!! : 620

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Bluholic711 wrote:Also, I"m a ShizNat fan, only cuz it's canon and hot!

ShizNat2 : The girly butch and the flaming kyoto girl approve of this message!!!

And on a NatNao thread too! How deliciously daring~

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Akino on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:29 pm

First of all: I’m writing here about NatNao of Mai Hime, not Mai Otome.

I’m a NatNao Fan. The funny thing is that I started watching Mai HiME because I’ve heard about ShizNat… but then…

Shizuru is not my type of character. I don’t want to rant about her or anything… but let me tell: I think she’s kind of boring to me.

Anyway… what I love about Natsuki and Nao IS the tension. They are like a lone wolf and a stray cat – and why can’t similar characters attract to each other?

Shizuru would be in my opinion to dominant over Natsuki – and this would kind of kill her “badassness” – yes I know, the embarrassed Tsundere-Natsuki might be sweet and so… but that’s all…

Akino
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 20
Armitage GUTS!!! : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:37 pm

I could have sworn that I'd posted in this thread, but I can't find my post so apparently not XD

NatNao...well, I just like it as an alternative to ShizNat, although to be honest, I do sometimes feel a bit awkward reading it...like Shizuru is standing over my shoulder ready to strike me down lol

I'm more of a fan of NatNao being a potential threat to ShizNat, for dramatic purposes Razz Besides, Nao is one of my favourite characters so I enjoy seeing her be the main focus from time to time.

I like to read dramatic stories, and with two people who are so similar, drama is bound to happen Razz I don't think that they would actually work as a couple, much as I don't think Shizuru/Reito would work (another pairing I like Wink) but it makes for a nice change of pace :D

I'll always be a ShizNat fan at heart though :3

Last edited by IlliterateKoi on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4241
Armitage GUTS!!! : 432

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:48 pm

@Akino: I kind of agree with what you had to say about NatNao having this tension. This constant fight for dominance is very interesting and that's why I semi-ship them.

My main OTP is still ShizNat, but I think a bit of NatNao spices things up. Same with ShizNao, but I haven't quite experimented with that one myself, as a writer.

@Koi: ^^; I sometimes feel the cold presence of the Kyoto born behind me whenever I read something that isn't negi approved.

At the end of the day, I personally think Natsuki and Nao would have probably released all their sexual tension at some point, I just don't see them working as a functional couple. That might be because of my ShizNat and Nao/everyone else feelings or because if I don't mention ShizNat at least twice in one paragraph, I will get a naginata through the ovaries. *Shrugs*

GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

View user profile http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:35 am

Huh, seems I haven't posted here either. Could have sworn I did... Oh well.

Well, you all know my famous position on Nao's character and personality so I won't dip into that. It probably influences my decision, but it's not the only factor. I only really see Nao/Mikoto working, but that's beside the point.

I'm very much a person that believes opposites attract. They're too alike. While Nao and Natsuki do have a tension of some kind, I can't honestly see them in a loving relationship. More like friends with benefits. There's a tension that people could use as sexual tension, but I don't think there's loving feelings. Nao did almost kill Natsuki by tripping up her bike on the highway... Her whole character towards the end of the series is to be that one character bent on revenge.
I've tried to read and write NatNao but it just didn't flow, feel right or natural. To me, it felt like a relationships centered around sex and those never last.

That said, the true thing we should all remember is: each to their own. I don't read or write it, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't enjoy it if they do. =)

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1203
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal on Tue May 08, 2012 8:50 am

too much smut with natnao to me in new ff.net stories. ._.
nothing is ever romantic. hard to make that work right??

Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1342
Armitage GUTS!!! : 484

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi on Tue May 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:too much smut with natnao to me in new ff.net stories. ._.

True...though that's part of the appeal for me ;P

The only way I think NatNao works in fanfiction is when it's completely AU and Shizuru doesn't exist lol Otherwise it just feels too weird for me Razz And, for it to really work, both Natsuki and Nao have to be at least somewhat out of character, since I just can't see them actually being in a functional relationship with their personalities. No matter what though, it would always be a love/hate kind of relationship.

IlliterateKoi

Bubuzuke points : 4241
Armitage GUTS!!! : 432

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu May 10, 2012 11:14 pm

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:too much smut with natnao to me in new ff.net stories. ._.

Remember, Wendi, some people like smut for their fanfiction. ^_~ I do agree that most NatNao is just full of lust with no real substance. However it's possible to make them work as lovers if you dig deep into their lonely lives (referring to Mai-HiME here) and they happen to find some kind of emotional connection through sympathy. Nao would have to be the one who develops in the story because I've always considered her the hostile one of the two. Say what you want about Natsuki's tsundere temper, she is a more reasonable person.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya on Sat May 19, 2012 11:43 pm

1) I can't stand Shizuru

omg some one WHO AGREES WITH ME ABOUT NATNAO ^^ AM SO HAPPY NOW

roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1903
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=1000002024958

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun May 20, 2012 8:02 pm

roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya wrote:omg some one WHO AGREES WITH ME ABOUT NATNAO ^^ AM SO HAPPY NOW

NatNao "I could kiss you, you bitch <3 "

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Wed May 23, 2012 3:44 pm

I am not into pairings but when I first got into the fandom I had no idea that ShizNat was that popular. I thought that it was just a small thing but it is very big deal to fans, I would a small chunk of the fandom is dedicated to ShizNat. NatNao does make some sense to considering the the two have a lot in common. Although I would say that they would become a couple as much as they are "frenemies". Even if I was into pairings, I would make Shizuru, Nao and Natsuki love triangle although they never really work out in anime.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 426
Armitage GUTS!!! : 125

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed May 23, 2012 3:50 pm

GAP wrote:I am not into pairings but when I first got into the fandom I had no idea that ShizNat was that popular. I thought that it was just a small thing but it is very big deal to fans, I would a small chunk of the fandom is dedicated to ShizNat. NatNao does make some sense to considering the the two have a lot in common. Although I would say that they would become a couple as much as they are "frenemies". Even if I was into pairings, I would make Shizuru, Nao and Natsuki love triangle although they never really work out in anime.

You honestly believe a polygamous relationship could work between them? Taking into account how much friction there is between Shizuru and Nao, how would you work that in your own story (for example)? Just curious whenever people introduce the idea of ShizNatNao to me, I wanna know how the fans would make it work.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Sun May 27, 2012 8:52 pm

M.I.Y.U. Greer wrote:
GAP wrote:I am not into pairings but when I first got into the fandom I had no idea that ShizNat was that popular. I thought that it was just a small thing but it is very big deal to fans, I would a small chunk of the fandom is dedicated to ShizNat. NatNao does make some sense to considering the the two have a lot in common. Although I would say that they would become a couple as much as they are "frenemies". Even if I was into pairings, I would make Shizuru, Nao and Natsuki love triangle although they never really work out in anime.

You honestly believe a polygamous relationship could work between them? Taking into account how much friction there is between Shizuru and Nao, how would you work that in your own story (for example)? Just curious whenever people introduce the idea of ShizNatNao to me, I wanna know how the fans would make it work.

Well to be honest, I was thinking about it as I possibility although I could see it working out in humorous tone. Nao and Shizuru will never hang out with other, Natsuki pretty much isn't into Shizuru that way, Natsuki and Nao are more or less frenemies. Even if they are no longer as antagonistic towards each other, I don't see any love triangle starting anytime soon. I believe they could be acquiantances or even friends but not lovers.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 426
Armitage GUTS!!! : 125

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun May 27, 2012 10:20 pm

GAP wrote:Well to be honest, I was thinking about it as I possibility although I could see it working out in humorous tone. Nao and Shizuru will never hang out with other, Natsuki pretty much isn't into Shizuru that way, Natsuki and Nao are more or less frenemies. Even if they are no longer as antagonistic towards each other, I don't see any love triangle starting anytime soon. I believe they could be acquiantances or even friends but not lovers.

It's possible, GAP. You'd think things would be incredibly awkward between the girls following the end of episode 26 for example, and yet Natsuki still kept close to Shizuru and doesn't mind Nao presence anymore. If Nao feels Natsuki is the only one she can truly connect with at Fuuka (aside from Aoi, who may know more about Nao then the series let on...yeah in my dreams!), she will continually open up to her. Shizuru won't be far behind and seeing how she was the one in love with Natsuki, she would nudge Kuga to report to her on all of Nao's private talk. You know, just to make sure she isn't trying to pull a fast one again. Nao Yuuki

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:19 am

In NatNao, I guess Natsuki will be the one who is calming Nao. For me, Natsuki is seme, while Nao is uke XD They were stronger than their look. They were living they life alone, and through so many hardships by themselves. In ShizNat cases, I'm sure Natsuki will be the one who will always tell Shizuru that everything will be alright. Shizuru's mental state wasn't for someone strong. It's like Shizuru was fragile girl inside. NatNao are simillar yet different at same time. A couple like them can overcome everything as long as they are together. In my POV though  Shizuru Fujino 

fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 207
Armitage GUTS!!! : 73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:34 pm

The point of fan fiction is imagination.
As well as fan art, Douijinshi.
So people at times pair others by simply just that.
Some like the shipping and some do not.

The only indication of Nao showing an actual liking and closeness to another Hime from what I honestly gathered was Mikoto.
(Special directors' cut ending, fake movie trailer gave me the assumption)

I may support Mikoto X Mai.
However realistically I see more Nao with Mikoto than any other Hime.

Nao and Natsuki are too much alike in certain areas.
I can see them more like friends.
It doesn't mean that I don't read certain fics involving the two.
If it was suggested by someone I know.

(I like to read)

If it is written well, I'm not going to pass it up.

However in I couldn't see it happening though.

A lot of change is required to make such a thing work.
Nao was quite deceptive at times..

If someone brings Nao more at peace then maybe.
I find Mikoto would help her find it's okay to enjoy your youth as long as you can..perhaps not make her so bitter or angry.

Just a POV.

In observing..

I do like MaiNat but I read anything really.
If it's well written..or done.

Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 733
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

View user profile http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down