Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Scandal and Justice-ChiexAoi

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scandal and Justice-ChiexAoi

Post by Konaxookami on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:36 pm

The idea that Luu put into my head and we expanded. x3 A first chapter of a probably slow running, but interesting story. SO, here's some Chie and Aoi love for ya-as a sort of prolouge. ;3 enjoy

“So you’ll take the case?” emerald eyes narrowed at the person across the desk. She hated coming here. It wasn’t the place, or the time, it was just that this person…

“Well, if the great detective of the police force, Natsuki Kruger comes in to ask for my help, how can I refuse?” a throaty chuckle came from across the desk and a pair of amber eyes twinkled with mirth behind a pair of spectacles.

A vein bulged on her neck as Kruger’s jaw clamped together, this woman…“Well, considering that you seem to be flat broke Hallard, I’d say you don’t have much of a choice,” Natsuki managed to sneer at the woman before her, barely reigning in her temper at the private eye across the desk. She hated asking for help. The icing on the cake though, was that her lovely, terrible, boss Midori decided that Hallard was the one to ask in times like this.

“Hey now there Kruger, I’ve got plenty of money in the bank, and you know that PIing isn’t my only job, right?” The woman leaned towards the cobalt haired cop before her, “I gather information as well. By the way-props on finally acting on that sex drive of yours. I take it Detective Viola’s a good bed partner? She does wonders in interrogation-I’d love to find out what she can go in bed,”

Oh, howtempting it was to just point her gun at the cocky and ridiculous woman and blow her…Kruger gave a growl and turned away from the consulting detective to hide her burning face, “Shut up. We’ll be expecting you at the station tomorrow, so show up on time for once Hallard?” she snapped, hoping her embarrassment hadn’t seeped into her voice.

“Right-o there chief,” a mock salute was tossed her direction, “oh, and as per usual I’ll be bringing my consultant with me,” she heard the groan come from the cop and grinned, “That a problem?” she questioned.

“She goes nowhere near my office, Sugiura’s, or Viola’s and we’ve got a deal. We don’t need her snooping in our business again,” came the curt reply, “It’s bad enough to have you in the station, but the both of you,” a sigh was heaved, “Just…a nightmare in the making.” She didn’t even turn to properly say goodbye to the detective behind her. The door shut with a long bang and another sigh was heaved.

“My, she’s so rude…” Chie muttered, “You’d think after five years of working with me she’d be used to it by now,” She gave a dismal shake of her head, raven locks rebelliously falling into her eyes. She leaned back in her chair, “You’d think after getting laid by the next in line to be police chief she’d be less uptight. But I suppose not even the famous Viola can fix that bad habit,” a snicker passed the 26 year old’s lips and she looked at the files on her desk.

What the police member had said was wrong-she had quite a few cases open right now, all fairly simple and straightforward, but she always loved working with the police. It wasn’t just that they were proud and paid well, but their cases tended to be so much more interesting than the one’s she normally got through her contacts and clients.

Chie Hallard was probably the most well known Private Eye in the Fuuka district. Exotic name and all, the Fuuka district was a strange place with strange things happening, but this was where she’d grown up, and where she made her claim on the world. She’d always been a snoop as a kid, so she figured it’d make a good career, and good career it was. Not only did she get to snoop around with a government license, but she got to do it with the best partner she could ever pick.

Speaking of that partner…She poked around the papers on her desk and found her handy cell phone with a grin. One speed dial later and a couple of rings and she connected, “Hey, Aoi? I got a case, and you’ll want to sink your teeth into it, I promise,” a brief pause and Chie’s eyes lit up, “Oh, really? Hey, you shouldn’t tell me stuff like that when I need to focus, but…hell with it, just come over and we’ll see what I do about it,” she snickered at her own comment and listened to the woman on the other side of the line confirm she was coming and closed her phone with a satisfying snap. Now she played the waiting game, and with Aoi, the waiting game was always interesting. What would she be wearing? What sort of things would she be wearing underneath those clothes? If anything? It was a fun game to play, and it was always interesting to see if she was right about her little guesses. But only time would tell.

“You know Chie, you could pretend you weren’t fantasizing about my underwear,” came the clear voice that broke through Chie’s haze like a hot knife through butter. A soft tone, only that was high and clear, such a contract to her deeper, rougher voice. A coy smile played on the brunette’s lips and a light danced in those oh so innocent looking cerulean eyes.

“And I could pretend you’re an innocent reporter until you answer the phone saying things like ‘oh hang on, I’m trying on some new lingerie?‘ Please Aoi, you did it just to see me thinking about it,” Chie countered, a grin rising on her face as she let her eyes drop to the skirt her partner was currently wearing, “And that my dear, is a skirt that rides dangerously high up on you,” her fingers tip toed across the desk that Aoi was leaning against and they flitted their way to the hem of the material. She trace a finger down from the rough fabric to the soft skin of the beauty before her and gave a low wolf whistle. “No stockings either? Tsk, tsk, I’d think perhaps you came here with the purpose of seducing me Aoi!” Chie gasped scandalously.

Aoi threw back her head and laughed, and Chie couldn’t help but admire the curve of the pale skin before her. She felt a smirk crawl across her face as she rose from her chair and leaned towards the woman, “You know Aoi, a woman shouldn’t bait a waiting lover with those sorts of clothes unless she wanted to distract her,” she mused, discarding her glasses to the chair and leaning towards Aoi’s now tipped forward head.

“Well see, that’s the thing though Chie,” A smile played on Aoi lips and her eyes gave a dangerous glint, “If I hadn’t wanted your attention, I could have easily worn something less…” she trailed off as Chie’s stray hands drew a slow trail up her legs, “Revealing,” she ended, looping her arms around the PI’s neck.

“Oh? Well aren’t you just saucy today?” Chie gave a throaty chuckle and let her fingers toy with the zipper on the side of her lover’s skirt, “But then…you should know, I never let those revealing clothes last long Aoi,” she reminded, “Like this skirt,” she heard a slow intake of breath as she drew the zipper down tortuously slowly, “It’ll have to go,”

Aoi’s eyes darkened at the tomboyish woman’s touch and she pulled Chie closer, “Didn’t you say something about a new case?” she murmured, pulling Chie’s lips down to hers for a searing kiss.

“The case can wait,” Chie dismissed, pulling the brunette onto the desk before her, “Right now it would appear I have to remind my co-worker how to properly dress in order to avoid these…dangerous situations,” a suggestive eyebrow waggled at this and Chie reveled in Aoi musical laughter before deciding sentimentality could come later, and right now she needed to focus on the passion and need this woman dragged out in her. The case could wait-she was sure Kruger was just as busy with Viola that a briefing could wait a few hours. She’d take her time-after all. Natsuki had said she had to be there tomorrow-there was no words said that today Chie could do as she pleased. And please she did. Just not in the way Kruger may have envisioned.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scandal and Justice-ChiexAoi

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:00 pm

<3 YAY! Exotic name and all, the detective story starring Chie comes to life with the Mai-Otome cast!

By the way-props on finally acting on that sex drive of yours. I take it Detective Viola’s a good bed partner? She does wonders in interrogation-I’d love to find out what she can go in bed,”

OH MAAAAN! XDDDDDDD Point blank, aren't we?

Let's begin with the cranky Natsuki Kruger and the suave Chie Hallard in this alternate universe. Both are true to their characters from Otome, Natsuki being in charge and Chie being a smart ass of sorts. Though that is heightened ten fold here. The first chapter delivered and I cannot wait for moar!!!!

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:06 pm

I'll be happy to deliver too Luu! =D I enjoy makign Chie tease Kruger, but I doubt she'd dare to do it in front of Shizuru- lest she be struck down where she stands. xD

As for the Otome cast...Some will be HiME versions-because I like some of them better, but for most it will be the Otome cast-because their names are more...non-japanese and easier to translate to real life sorts of situations.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Kona wrote:I'll be happy to deliver too Luu! =D I enjoy makign Chie tease Kruger, but I doubt she'd dare to do it in front of Shizuru- lest she be struck down where she stands. xD

As for the Otome cast...Some will be HiME versions-because I like some of them better, but for most it will be the Otome cast-because their names are more...non-japanese and easier to translate to real life sorts of situations.

XD I'd like to think that she would because Chie has always been fearless. This was the girl who betrayed Tomoe's group in a heartbeat. :D

Oh cool, good thinking on the names. Deliver that next chapter soon! My three day weekend has arrived and I want to read! >o<

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Next chapter! Short again-orz...but I've been busy nursing injuries from Field Hockey. Apparently I'm a ball magnet...TT-TT and I'm preparing for my trip to Florida so...BUSY KONA IS BUSY. xD
----

“You know Chie,” Aoi gave the other woman an amused smile as she worked her hands up her shirt buttons, rebuttoning them as well as possible, “When you call me saying you have a case-you really shouldn’t use it as an excuse to go wild like that. Do even HAVE a case?” Aoi asked, watching as Chie shrugged her blouse back over her shoulders.

“I do have a case. You shouldn’t complain Aoi, you were the one to tell me that you had been trying on new lingerie when I called,” Chie pointed out, leaning back in her chair, easily popping the buttons of her blouse back up. “Anyways…you can’t argue with the outcome, ne?”

Aoi rolled her eyes and gave a small snort, “I suppose-but I’d rather be intimate in a bed in my apartment than on your desk in broad daylight Chie,” she reminded, “It’s not good for my back,” she sent the spectacled woman a wink and Chie snickered.

“Whatever Aoi,” Chie gave a shrug, “I’ll try to keep that in mind next time the passions of youth get to me,” she plucked the folder Kruger had left her off the desk and opened it, “This one’s a doozy you know,” she murmured, reading the file. “It involves the Searrs Foundation,”

Aoi blinked, eyes widening, “Wait, the Searrs foundation? The corporate billionaire Searrs foundation?” she questioned, bewildered.

“Oh yes, the one and only,” Chie confirmed and grinned, leaning forward, “You’ll love this more. The police want my help snooping around for corruption and black market deals,” Chie pulled a photo out of the file, “Apparently they’ve been watching Searrs paying off government officials and the like to rig elections and such, but they have no formal grounds to really get them in big time trouble,”

Aoi pondered the thought and then brightened, “So they called you in because as a PI you hear everything the police don’t!” she exclaimed, “With our sources…”

“We could bring down the biggest corporation in our day and age,” Chie finished Aoi’s thought for her proudly, “and think of the paycheck that would bring in! So, what do you say? You in?” she asked, grin on her face as Aoi smothered a giggle behind her hand.

“Do you even need to ask?”

SLAM!

A few startled heads in the police department turned as Kruger stormed into the building. Veterans had learned quickly not to get in her way, but a few hapless newbies were caught in her glare as she skulked past the desks lining the office. The whole detective department only snickered as they watched the patrolmen and dispatch units flinching away from the icy ace detective.

Midori gave a small laugh as a foxish grin crawled on her face, “Oh boy-Nat-chan looks like she just came back from Hallard’s place,” she giggled in mirth before turning to the desk opposite from her own, looking towards their sketch artist, Akira.

Akira rolled her eyes, the boyish profilist focusing on the sketch in front of her, “She lost the draw, it’s fair,” she grunted, lifting her eyes to watch Natsuki stomp past her desk before looking back to Midori, “She’s going to Viola’s office, isn’t she?”

Midori gave Natsuki a wolf whistle as she opened the door to Viola’s office before answering, “Oh yeah. If anyone’s gonna smooth that ice queen’s ruffled feathers, it’s gonna be our lovely chief,” Midori snickered.

“Ara ara, I take it then that Natsuki lost the draw?” Shizuru mused placidly, a mild smile on her face as Natsuki shut the door loudly. She leaned back in her chair and gave the agitated woman before her a teasing smile, “Natsuki should be more careful with my door, she doesn’t want it to break, right?”

Natsuki glared at the woman before letting out a long sigh, “Midori rigged it,” she growled, taking a few long strides over to Shizuru’s desk and leaning against the side of it, “She knows I hate Hallard, and yet she rigs it so that I have to go talk to her,” she ran a hand through her hair and groaned, “Armitage should have gone, she gets along better with Hallard,” she muttered, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Natsuki shouldn’t let Hallard-han get to her,” Shizuru reminded, reaching up and brushing a few strands of hair from the angry cop’s forehead. She stood and scooted herself so she stood next to Natsuki, mimicking the girl’s posture. “Hallard-han is crucial to our case, and Natsuki should know that I hold her in very high esteem,” Shizuru reminded, kissing the miffed bluenette on the cheek, causing the girl to blush slightly and scowl.

“I know, I know Shizuru, it’s just…Why does she have to to freakin’ everything?” Natsuki groused, “She knows things that no normal person should know…She’s a gossip hound,” she muttered, “I can understand why she didn’t end up a cop-she’s too corrupt for the system. Too deep in her connections,”

Shizuru sighed and shook her head, “Natsuki understands that’s why we need her, no?” Shizuru reached up and unfolded the other woman’s arms, tugging a hand free to caress, “Her connections make her an essential contact and a valued partner to the force, despite Natsuki’s upstanding sense of justice,”

Natsuki harrumphed, “I know, I just don’t like her. She rubs on me in all the wrong ways,” she grumbled, “She’s a snarky and stupid woman who can’t keep her mouth shut.”

“Ara, does that mean that I rub Natsuki in all the right ways?” Shizuru mused, a smirk sneaking onto her face, and a hand trailing down Natsuki’s flank, “Or...in the right places?” she added, whispering the oh so very suggestive question heatedly into the girl’s ear.

“Sh-Shizuru!” Natsuki jumped away from the touch as if scalded and felt her face heat up ten old. Damn it all! First Hallard and now Shizuru? Is EVERYONE out to get me today?! She narrowed her eyes and scowled, “B-Be serious! Geez! We’re in the office!” she barked.

Shizuru blinked and feigned hurt, “Ikezu…Natsuki didn’t complain last week when we-“ She was cut off by two of Natsuki’s fingers covering her lips. Shizuru blinked, and felt herself smile despite the fingers trapping her lips-Natsuki’s face was a brilliant shade of red. Nothing sort of adorable.

“Quiet you,” Natsuki growled, ducked her head so Shizuru couldn’t tease her about the blush that had taken over her whole face, from ear to ear. “Nobody needs to know that we…did…” Shizuru’s eyes glinted with mirth as Natsuki struggled to get the rest of the words out and yanked her fingers away from Shizuru’s mouth, “A-Anyways-We have to focus! We need to get case prepared for when Hallard shows up tomorrow,” she hurried turned to make her way back to her desk and away from this ridiculous woman, but was stopped by a hand taking hers gently.

Shizuru gave her a a mild smile, “Just one kiss?” she requested, her tone sweet and begging.

Natsuki stared at the woman for a moment and then sighed in resignation, “Stupid woman…” she muttered under her breath, walking back over to the chief of detectives and trapping her against her desk. She gazed into Shizuru’s eyes and felt a smile smile tug on her lips at the happiness in Shizuru’s eyes-the happiness that only Natsuki was allowed to see. It was enough for her to close the gap between their lips and leave everything else in the world behind the two of them.

Among the forgotten was the open file on Shizuru’s desk. A profile. The photo was of a small girl, no older than 11 perhaps, with golden hair and bright blue eyes. Her face showed wisdom beyond her years, hidden by an almost innocent façade. This girl was in the center of it all. The Searrs corruption, the investigation, and the debates of the century. The artificial child who had been caught up in the events about to unfold. Alyssa Searrs.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Oh no! We're turning into a serious cop thriller with the Searrs Foundation. I recently watched this movie with Mel Gibson as a cop trying to take down a billion dollar company making nuclear weapons for foreigners. I don't think Miss Hallard's ordeal will be a bloody mess like that movie, but one can only imagine what Searrs is up to. No matter what Mai-HiME fanfiction they're in, The Searrs Foundation are always ruthless villains. Maybe Kona-chan is getting some fanservice and humor out of the way until things get serious? ;p Well I must thank you for that, Natsuki needed a serious chill pill from Chie-hate, thanks to Shizuru. Calm down, puppy. Calm down. XD

I'm curious to how you will use Alyssa and what our suave Miss Hallard will do next and perhaps Aoi will want a little action sometime... I love you I know, I know, you don't do lemons....*sob*

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:08 pm

(Oh wow, It took me this long to thin of why they had to bring down Searrs? FAIL Kona-EPIC FAIL. But here it is-the next chapter. and I'm already working on the next after this! >3)

“Hey, Chie?” Aoi glanced at her partner, who was currently driving them towards the police station.

“Yeah?”

“Why take this case? I mean, sure, the rewards are high-but the stakes are too. If you go picking too deep, you’ll get stuck and fall,” Aoi’s brow furrowed and clear blue eyes swam with doubt, “So…why?”

“Well…” Chie pondered it for a moment, “If I don’t take risks, what’s the point of living the way I do?” she glanced at the brunette through the corner of her eye, “Besides I’ve been bored, and this case hits a ten when it comes to the intriguing meter,” she snickered and paused for a moment, the mood becoming somber, “Besides, it’d be best if we could get Alyssa out of the spotlight as soon as possible-the kid’s probably in a lot of stress with all the media coming around lately,”

“That poor girl…”Aoi murmured, “It’s not her fault any of this happened, but everyone is blaming her,” Aoi frowned, “They’re blaming her for even existing. Why do people have to be so cruel?” she questioned.

“Probably because it seems unnatural that a girl could be created from hardly anything and used as a lab experiment. She consider her existence to be a problem because it could lead to lots of other political and religious issues. People have trouble even dealing with test tube babies, but this? She’s practically a clone,” Chie hazarded, “You should know that Miss Reporter, it’s all about the scandal and not even the least bit about the justice in the matter.”

“So you want to help Alyssa? Not bring down Searrs?” Aoi pressed.

“Well…To save Alyssa I gotta get Searrs first. I gotta crack open that egg and see what I find inside-and maybe when it’s published the blame will shift elsewhere and Alyssa will lose her limelight,” Chie amended.

Aoi giggled, “You know, for someone who’s supposed to be a hard boiled PI you’re really sweet,”

Chie laughed, eyes twinkling, “Yeah well, Kruger ain’t exactly the friendly type and yet you see her gettin’ all cozy with Viola don’tcha? It’s all about who you’re with, and the image you project to them,” she explained.

“Oh, so with me you’re willing to be the sweet and caring type? Hardly suits your image,” Aoi smirked, and Chie let her grin grow.

“Oh on the contrary, with you I get to be a sexually devious woman who happens to have a very gallant personality. Call me a modern Romeo-minus all the stupid stuff that Romeo did,” Chie teased.

Aoi laughed, and shook her head, “This why I stay with you you know, you have a good sense of humor,”

“What? Just for my jokes? Ouch, that hit below the belt,” Chie mourned with mock hurt, pulling into the parking garage of the police station. She watched with rapt attention as Aoi winked at her and gracefully exited the car.

“nao, if I just stayed for your humor you wouldn’t be allowed to look at me the way you are nao,” Aoi whispered, that oh so very subtle smirk playing on her lips, “So you better buck up Romeo, because I won’t stay for long if you don’t hold up for the others reasons I keep you around,” and with that the door was closed and Chie was left sitting in the car, a lazy grin on her face.

“That minx.”

“Hey, Natsuki-chan, do you know where I put the case file for the D1 case?” Midori’s voice carried across the detective’s section of the police station.

A growl could be heard and a chair scraping against the floor was quickly followed, “Damn it Midori I told you not to call me that!” the words were barked, and the voice came from a rather irritated bluenette, “And I have no clue where you put it-but you better find it because I need it soon,” she snapped.

The busty red head laughed, “Oh you need to loosen up Nat-chan!” green eyes sparkled with mirth as the woman’s face flushed red and she tried to speak again, “Oh relax, I’m sure Shizuru-taichou calls you much worse things, doesn’t she?” that was the ringer, and Natsuki was out, face fully flushed, words trying to spill from her lips, but none making any which sense. For a few moments that it.

“Damn it-does everyone in this freakin’ precinct KNOW?!” she cried, standing again, “I will personally kill you if you were the one to tell anyone Midori,” she threatened, the famous ice glare sent in the face of her fellow senior detective.

“About you and Viola-san rolling in the sheets? Gimme a break Kruger, that was news weeks ago,” the new voice caused Natsuki so spin around, and in turn glare at the grinning newcomer, “Yo!” a friendly salute was tossed and it was easy to tell that Chie had no intention of hiding her mirth, “I came on time too Kruger, aren’t I a good girl?” she mused.

“Shut it Hallard you I will strangle you,” Natsuki warned through clenched teeth.

“Ara ara, know there’s no needs for threats,” The calmest voice of the precinct came from behind Natsuki’s back, “I’m sure that none of us here want to start this case off on the wrong foot,” a hand was placed on Natsuki’s shoulder, “Am I right, Natsuki?”

Natsuki took in a deep breath and glanced at the woman through the corner of her eye. Shizuru was teasing her and at the same time reminding her to be professional. Damn that woman and her double words…“Sorry. Hallard, Senoh, sit and we’ll brief you.”

“Don’t mind if I do. Hello there Shizuru-san, it’s a pleasure to see you again,” Chie quipped, her face all smiles and politeness.

“Ara, and a hello to you as well Hallard-han, I trust you have been well? And Senoh-han as well?” Shizuru was just as polite, even more so, the cheerful tone grating at Natsuki nerves since she knew that the two of them were doing it just to spite her.

“Oh well, well enough Shizuru-san, but I’m more excited about this case, right Aoi?”

Aoi smiled, nodding, “It’s good to see you Shizuru-san, and we’re excited to be on board for this, I’ll admit though…I was a bit surprised that the police was asking from outside help,” she added as they sat.

“Yes well…Civilian Officers have a different charm to them, and more often than not the suspects, or clients feel vastly more comfortable talking to them than a armed police officer,” Shizuru laced her fingers and laid her chin across them, “nao, this is partly why we’ve decided to enlist your help. Hallard-han has many contacts that have interesting information on back alley deals, while you, Senoh-han, have informants in the journalist world that can surely shed some light on this problem,”

Chie nodded, “The problem being the ethics at Searrs, right?”

Natsuki nodded gravely, “Human rights violations, work rights violations, and scientific research that is highly thought unethical and inhumane. Problem being though…Even though the world knows all about it…” she trailed off and Chie understood.

“You can’t get the proof you need to nab the CEOs and sponsors,” she mused on the thought for a moment, “and the Feds won’t come in until they’re sure you have the proof, right?”

Shizuru nodded this time, “The situation is also delicate because Searrs is in fact, an American company that only has branches here in Japan. Because of this, if we, the Japanese were to go throwing around accusations that the American company was doing something wrong…”

“The two governments could start arguing and fighting on the world floor,” Aoi blinked, “That’s it, isn’t it? That’s why you need us. Because if the police go poking around, they call you guys spying or interfering with American rights,”

Chie whistled, “Pretty heavy stuff…even for me to get into,” she leaned back in her chair, “But why wait until nao? We’ve had this information on the plate for a few months right? That weird things were happening at Searrs,” she questioned.

Natsuki glanced back at Midori who handed her a file, “If you’ll remember, a few weeks ago we busted District 1, the secret group who was trying to rig government authority and overall do some awful things. It wasn’t until we started looking into all we’d found that we saw a small connection with Searrs, and we found out about their joint research projects,” she pulled out a few papers and placed them on the desk, “A few interesting things popped up. The Artificial Intelligence Project, with a underheading called M.I.Y.U, The Artemis Project, with the subtitle The Golden Era, and finally the Artificial Embryonic Project-codenamed Alyssa,” Natsuki laid the papers out in front of them, “We’re still looking into the whole Artemis thing and the M.I.Y.U program, but right here it talks about Alyssa-and we all know what this means,”

“That sort of experimentation is banned here,” Shizuru explained, “On the grounds that we’re very sure they’ve been using human samples and test subjects to create Alyssa. We all know that the media found out about Alyssa a few weeks ago, after the bust of the D1 case. We aren’t sure how the information was leaked, but once Searrs found out we knew about Alyssa’s true nature, they shut down,”

Chie frowned, “You mean…they’ve upped and left?” she was confused, and rightly so at the moment.

“No. They’ve stopped working. Workers come to and fro the company and such, but there have been no big meetings and any time that we’ve tried to contact them to plan a meeting they’ve told us that they were currently not in operation,” Natsuki scowled, crossing her arms over her chest, “In other words they’ve gone underground and we can’t do anything about it.”

Aoi, while Chie and the detectives had been talking, was reading the file on Alyssa. She furrowed her brow and paused. That…couldn’t be right, could it? “Hold on…” the other three turned towards her, “This paper…it says that Alyssa is connected to the Artemis project, but what does that mean? Is Alyssa undergoing…testing?” she frowned, “This…it’s very unclear,” she showed them the part of the file.

Subject Alyssa is in direct contact with the Artemis Project, if one of these two projects is advanced the other must follow-likewise if one shuts down the other must be terminated as well. Progress on Artemis is going as scheduled and very soon Alyssa’s compatibility with Artemis will reach full synchronization level. The time to act will be then.

“Yes, we were unsure of that ourselves. Crysthant-han, our computer expert is trying to pull more data from the files, but the encryption levels are causing her some trouble,” Shizuru explained, “However, the way this is phrased causes me some worry. It sounds very important, and to be frank, if we push too hard, we may just condemn Alyssa to death,” she added gravely.

Chie gulped, the knot in her throat growing ever harder to swallow. This was going so much deeper than she had expected. “Well…that doesn’t leave us much time does it?” she fought to keep her voice even, “When do we start?”

“Right nao,” Natsuki answered, standing, “We’re going to be paying Searrs a visit,”

Aoi blinked, standing and eyeing Natsuki curiously, “I thought you said we couldn’t get into the company’s buildings?”

Shizuru smiled, but it looked almost sinister, “We did say that. However…Nothing can stop you from simply approaching a person’s front door and asking for some questions, ne?”

Chie blinked as it dawned on her, “We’re going to…”

“Yeah, you two are going to talk to Searrs, the man behind it all, at his home. Or at least get the chance to see Alyssa and shed some light on her situation. Ever since D1 fell, no one knows where she’s gone.” Natsuki answered.

Chie stood, and took in a deep breath, I may have gotten in over my head this time. But I made the choice do it, so I’m gonna do it! She tossed a grin to her fellow conspirators, “So, I’m ready. You guys ready? Because I’m ready to go crack the biggest political bust in the century!” Damn! As nerve-racking as this is…I’m excited! Something this big…No way I’m giving it up. I’m gonna go all out,”

A bit more serious and political in this chapter. I needed some balance, so I threw in the serious briefing with moments like Natsuki poor state at the precinct joke of the week (Thanks to her relationship with Shizuru) Even though the gang lives in Japan I used the Western names simply because they fit the image of the cop/detective story better, and they're all a around a bit more mature. In their own ways. x3

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:41 am

Chie doesn't fear anything! 8)

Just finished reading the chapter and things are getting more interesting. You know, political jargon doesn't hurt the story at all, being a more reality based Mia-fanfic and all. In the beginning with Chie and Aoi talking about Alyssa's status in the public's eye is so like them. Gossiping away X3

Points for using western names, it fits better that way. I've seen way too many cop related movies to understand that fully. As for um...*ahem*

(Oh wow, It took me this long to thin of why they had to bring down Searrs? FAIL Kona-EPIC FAIL. But here it is-the next chapter. and I'm already working on the next after this! >3

Let's just say you were dragging the story...for suspense reasons. YEAH! That's it! Nao Yuuki

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top