Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

JOBS/SCHOOL ~.~

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JOBS/SCHOOL ~.~

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:32 pm

The most boring part of our lives is how we bring in the monies or what we learn from know-it-all professors. :3
so what does every one do? =O after my lifeguard duty is over i will be officially unemployed >.< going back to college to study medicine. try to anyway :/

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1359
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JOBS/SCHOOL ~.~

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:10 pm

School is behind me as I entered college soon after I graduated from High School. Sooner you get in, the sooner you get out. You'll find some interest in earning knowledge for your career if you're lucky. XD

Right now, it's obvious to those who bother reading my status posts on "Whatcha up to" and "Random Thoughts" I'm a telecommunications operator at Verizon in Syracuse, which is as exciting as it sounds. Rolling Eyes I dare you to get on the phone and answer non-stop international calls.

On part time, depending who books me, I'm a yoga instructor at Power Gym. People can request private lessons in their very own home. I'm a pretty good judge of character, so I'm never following some wacko home. Besides, most of my students are female and probably more cautious of me than I am of them. Being a penis comes with a price. Thankfully, most of them enjoy my company. About 60% of my students are the valley girl blondes. XD No joke. The other 40% are either shy outcast girls, mothers with their daughters or a single woman around my mother's age. ^^;

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:33 pm

School is also behind me, at least for now until I go to grad school. When that will happen depends on a whole mess of things :D

So anyways, right now I work at a high-end grocery store called Harris Teeter (which I affectionately call The Teet XD), which seems to only be in the south. So I'm sure my fellow South dwelling folk know what it is XD I work in the biggest one in the world. I work in the deli, slicing meat and cheese, making party trays and making millions of salads and stuff XD Its stupidly hard and tiring work. I also work as a pasta chef at the pasta bar (where you can get custom made pasta dishes). Occasionally I'll help out the bakery too, baking cookies and writing on cakes. I used to work in the floral department too, but Sue (my bitch-ass boss) won't let me do it anymore since they "need" me too much in the other department.

Not the worst job I've ever had, not the best. Definitely not anything I'm doing long term (especially since I'm not staying here in NC indefinitely). Thankfully the people I work with (sans Sue and Sheep Dog Magoo-manager) make the job a little less horrible.

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4724
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by emochick on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:21 pm

I dont go to school. Not so sure how behind me it is. I work from home with my mom. We take care of people that are mentally disabled. They live with us.

emochick
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 108

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pop_and_rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:41 pm

I didn't enjoy my time at the grocery store (called Pathmark in New Jersey). Everyone around me was so low class. XD Now I sound like a total snob, but it does pain me to work somewhere that is a dead end. I'm better than that. I certainly don't look down on anyone giving it a chance for the sake of doing SOMETHING like you, Vicky. Some people just have to work, be it anywhere. Times are tough in the economic department.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:42 pm

I totally understand what ya mean, Luu. Thankfully my store is a bit different, especially since its a bit higher end than Pathmark (we had those in NY and PA), well more its more overpriced XDD Our customers are a lot of rich old people. The people I work with are a strange mix of college kids, professionals (like our chefs and the pastry chef), and people like me. If this was a permanent job I'd probably go crazy, but since its not I can deal with it. Thankfully I'm not destined to sling meat forever XDDD

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4724
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:Thankfully I'm not destined to sling meat forever XDDD

XD You're not, my queen is destined for much more. It's okay what you're doing now is all I'm saying. So continue to serve the geriatrics who were smart enough to save their money. :D

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm currently finishing college (on my last semester, whooo! ) and will be getting a BFA. Seasonally I work at Wendy's cause I don't have much of a choice right now since I live out in the sticks which has little to no jobs. The top managers tend to give me good hours since I'm reliable and they like me (and anything that gets me away from my house is always good. :3 ). Sometime after graduating college, and once my roommate and I get an apartment, I plan to look into taking classes around there to try and get either a degree in Criminal Justice and/or Sociology. Yes... It seems I shall be taking classes until I die... XD Oh well, it will keep my brain fresh. ^o^

Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 257
Armitage GUTS!!! : 94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Stuck in High school for now-just starting my Junior year and feeling pretty cool for being a upperclassman at last! But It's pretty hard even though I'm only taking four core classes this year, Trig, AP US History, Chemisty Level 1, and AP Literature. M other courses are all electives. I take graphics and am in the school's choral and drama club. I also play field hockey in the fall. I'm considered one of the unofficial leader of the JV team that I'm currently playing with until my knee gets a bit better and my ankles heal up. (I messed them up during try-outs and a tournament)

School after high school is definitely a must. I'd like to go into writing as a career, but that isn't really a plausible thing to think, and I'd like to do something with theater-but also-a hard thing to work with. So I'll probably major in getting a job in graphic design or art, perhaps. Something artsy because I DETEST math and sciences. x-X I may go to law school if some of my other choices don't work out.

As for work-I referee soccer. It's a weekend job and it's pretty flexible and pays well. Learning the rules is a bit of a hassle, but it pays off in the end. Little kids are fun to ref because they're awfully cute and still learning, but reffing the older kids gets a bit frustrating because I often have to throw coaches out for unruly behavior. I use my load voice to my advantage in my job-because I get to act older and tell adults to shut up and sit down. It's a nice feeling-and it's all to help fund my extra-things, since anything I want comes from my money-and I need to start saving for college. I'll probably be getting another job though once field hockey is over for the season and I have more time on my hands.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Looks like both of you are keeping your brains fresh. School after High School is a must, trust me. There was nothing more I wanted to do than lay around the house for a few years, but I had to get college out of the way for that. XD Along the way I did learn from all my various courses, including writing/literature. Then there's the anime club we had at the dorm. <3 Miss those days. Now I just want to make a larger career out of my yoga. The day I own my own yoga studio is the day my dream is complete. <3

Learn all you can, ladies. ^_~

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Then there's the anime club we had at the dorm. <3

We have an anime and gaming guild at my college, too, though I don't go to it anymore. I first joined it because I was new to college and had no friends... I was hoping to meet some other people that shared the same interests as me, but I didn't really make any friendships at the guild. My friends that like anime/manga were met randomly. xD The girl that I mentioned before(the one that has already watched Mai-Otome), I met in bio class and she liked my art. One of my current suitemates just happened to notice that I was reading a manga in the dining hall and when she saw me again, she started talking to me... Others met me in art classes. <3 Hahha, even the guy I'm mentoring told me he's a closet-geek. xD While I don't have many friends, I've met some really awesome one's along the way. ^^

Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:39 pm

lol That happened to me as well. Someone would catch me reading a manga or eyeballing someone else's artwork. Whenever I had the Sailor Moon manga around, I attracted many fans. XD

Kicchu wrote:While I don't have many friends, I've met some really awesome one's along the way. ^^

Less is more. ^_~ Drama-free too.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:lol That happened to me as well. Someone would catch me reading a manga or eyeballing someone else's artwork. Whenever I had the Sailor Moon manga around, I attracted many fans. XD

I think that's the best way to meet friends. ^^ It's more natural that way.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kicchu wrote:While I don't have many friends, I've met some really awesome one's along the way. ^^

Less is more. ^_~ Drama-free too.

So true! I absolutely hate drama. With my friends, I've had very little of that and I'm really glad. ^^ I'm one of those people who doesn't like to fight and people tend to be surprised when I tell them that I've roomed with the same roommate since freshmen year(and we're both now super seniors) and have never fought once. XD

I'm on my 9th semester of college and I'm actually glad that I had to go one extra semester. I wouldn't have become friends with Thomas or Jane otherwise. ^^ (And Jane and I are thinking about doing a collaboration! <3 )

Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:31 pm

Kicchu wrote:So true! I absolutely hate drama. With my friends, I've had very little of that and I'm really glad. ^^ I'm one of those people who doesn't like to fight and people tend to be surprised when I tell them that I've roomed with the same roommate since freshmen year(and we're both now super seniors) and have never fought once. XD

I'm not surprised at all. Ever since meeting you on dA, you've been really sweet to me. Drama is a waste since it's usually over something stupid like a Facebook discussion or a cheating bf/gf.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Went to college straight after high school and attained a Computer Engineering degree with a Mathematics minor. I put myself through college my last two years (cause my sister started college and funds at home were lacking) with the help of government loans and a part-time job as a Computer Lab Consultant. The pay wasn't so bad after I was promoted to supervisor. :D

Currently am working as a computer programmer for a satellite image processing company in the middle of nowhere, which quoting Luu, is about as fun as it sounds. Well, it lets me get on the forum and chat while I'm at work, so I'm not complaining.

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8918
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Shizuru Fujino wrote:Currently am working as a computer programmer for a satellite image processing company in the middle of nowhere, which quoting Luu, is about as fun as it sounds. Well, it lets me get on the forum and chat while I'm at work, so I'm not complaining.

(( I can tell. Impressive background btw, Viola-san. How much do you make at your job?))

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm

(( Not as much as my degree is worth, that's for sure. Understandable, considering it's actually a small company and not some big corporation... ))

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara on Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:03 pm

I don't have a joob! I go to school still. It's not that boring until the teacher starts talking...and even then I usually just text the person sitting next to me lol

Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:51 pm

I was a major slacker and procrastinator at your age, Kara. Instead of copying notes off the board, I spent most of the time making sure my Nano kitty didn't shit on my screen.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Hahaha, I don't even do that, I copy my friend's notes the day after. In Biology, we sit in a lil cheating circle, I copy off of the two smart kids on either sides of me, Lindsey cheats off of the smart kid in front of her front of her and on the other side of her and then we share answers. It's how we pass our classes.

Kara
Token Straight Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:17 pm

:D By any means necessary. Not that it matters, you don't really learn anything important in some generic public school.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:23 pm

lol.

idk... i learned pretty useful stuffs >.>;;
like how to handle stupid people...

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:31 pm

The real thing I learned in school was:

1: I loved to write and I was damn good at horror.

2: I could not pronounce horror.

3: I learned to fight dirty, quick, and deadly.

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:27 am

hai hai luu, school is like visiting prison for 12 years.
only thing i enjoyed was my prom, we had the best time ever!

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1359
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Haha, everything I would ever need to know, I learned in kindergarten!

Kara
Token Straight Girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:28 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top