Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

The CHILDs: Male or female?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The CHILDs: Male or female?

Post by shezaei-neko on Wed May 01, 2013 11:24 pm

It's a new month now, Luu.
You can continue with your endless quotes from JP. Razz

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu May 02, 2013 5:51 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:It's a new month now, Luu.
You can continue with your endless quotes from JP. Razz

>:3 Just because YOU say so? Nuh-uh, no way ShezNek. Just because lady fumi creates Dinosaurs, lady fumi destroys dinosaurs, lady fumi creates man, Man destroys lady fumi, man creates dinosaurs, dinosaurs eat man and women "inherit" the Earth doesn't mean I have to...

._. F*ck.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Thu May 02, 2013 11:09 pm

Natsuki Kruger2
Oh man!! What a way to adapt that!! XD

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri May 03, 2013 6:21 pm

shezaei-neko wrote: Natsuki Kruger2
Oh man!! What a way to adapt that!! XD

URUSAI! There are some things you just can't help in life, okay? >:3

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Sat May 04, 2013 12:22 am

I understand. XD

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat May 04, 2013 8:36 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:I understand. XD

I'm sure you do. :p Just as much as you do the genders of the CHILDs. Something I can't really determine without gathering clues from their mythologies. o.o

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Sun May 05, 2013 12:09 am

Maybe they just felt like naming them whatever they wanted?

Like a child when given a puppy.
Child: "I'll name it Mrs. Pony.".
Parent: "But it's a male..." o.O

Children don't really mind those things...do they?

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun May 05, 2013 11:27 am

*laughs* I certainly didn't choose my real name when I was young. Neither did you, Pat-*ahem* anyway, there's the fact that Nagi is the one who revealed the names of each CHILD to the HiME. Otherwise, the girls would of given them an original name of their own.

Would of been awkward if Natsuki ended up calling Duran "Fluffy-kins" or something. Akira Okuzaki Just this ONE time, Nagi. JUST THIS ONE TIME I'll agree with something you do.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Sun May 05, 2013 11:56 pm

What was the point of Nagi revealing the Orphan's name if at the end the Hime changed it?

And FYI, Luu (a.k.a Louise), I do like my name. Razz

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon May 06, 2013 12:06 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:What was the point of Nagi revealing the Orphan's name if at the end the Hime changed it?

And FYI, Luu (a.k.a Louise), I do like my name. Razz

Whatever do you mean, ShezNek? ;p Which HiME changed the original name? It wasn't Shizuru, nor Mai...

And FYI, my name isn't Louise. Razz Knock off two letters, smart ass. Gay Rainbow THE MOAR U KNOW.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Mon May 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Natsuki changed the name, Right?
Maybe it was just Mai the one who left it the same.

XD
I know, I just wrote it that way to piss you off... :3

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal on Tue May 07, 2013 7:11 am

um may i cut in?
watched Mai Hime again and i think the Childs are genderless
they can't mate with lack of bodily functions ^.^

Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1342
Armitage GUTS!!! : 484

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue May 07, 2013 1:58 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Natsuki changed the name, Right?
Maybe it was just Mai the one who left it the same.

XD
I know, I just wrote it that way to piss you off... :3

:'3 You succeeded. Don't worry...everything has a price. *schemes* Natsuki Kruger2

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:um may i cut in?
watched Mai Hime again and i think the Childs are genderless
they can't mate with lack of bodily functions ^.^

:shock: Point taken. Though not all of the HiME's CHILDs are mecha types, you know! Wink Kiyohime looks like it's capable of mating. Question is...with what? O_o;

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 pm

Silly question, Luu.
Kiyohime mates with Duran of course!!

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed May 08, 2013 7:22 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Silly question, Luu.
Kiyohime mates with Duran of course!!

:'3 But Ice said you can't mate with mecha!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Thu May 09, 2013 12:21 am

They're organic mecha! So it's possible.
Thus, it's Sunrise!! Razz

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu May 09, 2013 12:01 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:They're organic mecha! So it's possible.

Razz Alright Miss Smarty panties, then explain how Vlas can get his groove on?

Zhang AH-HA! Beat that. Not even the genius Dye can explain that.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:45 am

Akira Okuzaki I guess I'll post what I think which Child is male or female

Kagutsuchi: Male - Kagutsuchi is based on Honokaguchi (Kagu-tsuchi), a g-o-d of fire in Japanese mythology. He is the son of two gods, Izanami no Mikoto and Izanagi no Mikoto, who are the creators of the islands of Japan. As Honokaguchi was born, he burned his mother Izanami to death, becoming a motherless child like Mai. Whether this is the cause or not, Izanagi beheaded Honokaguchi with the totosuka sword, a sword ten grips long. The sword stuck in Kagutsuchi’s head is a reference to this. His body which was cut into eight pieces, and became eight volcanoes

Duran: Male - It's possible that Duran was named after Dylan, the g-o-d of the oceans. Also, it could be that the name of Duran was adopted from the term "Dylan" which means "ice"

Miroku: Male - Named after the g-o-d named Miroku, whose name was adopted from Japanese term for "Maitreya Buddha" as prophesied by the Buddha before entering nirvana

Gakutenou: Male - The closest call for basis of Gakutenou would probably be Susanoo. So literally translated, Gakutenou becomes “a king that surprises even the heavens”. In Kojiki, an old Japanese text, there’s a line that vaguely translates to “Susanoo no Mikoto violently kills a woman who wears a heavenly robe”. Susanoo is a g-o-d in Japanese mythology who killed Yamata no Orochi, the eight headed dragon that symbolizes chaos, but he himself was a very rough man. Rough enough to makes Amaterasu no Mikoto, the goddess of the sun, so upset that she hid herself away, covering the world in darkness.

Hari: Male - Rather than a g-o-d, Harry’s origin can be found in a non-fictional source in Malaysia. Tani Yutaka’s little sister was killed in England, but the murderer was judged to be innocent. For revenge, this Japanese man began stealing valuable belongings in England and giving them away to people in Malaysia where he lived, making him legendary there. His acts of kindness, from Malaysian point of view, lead to creation of Harimau Beneficial Bandits. The character that symbolizes the group is Harimau, the word for "tiger" in Malaysia

Julia: Possibly female (believe it or not) - For one, Nao especially hates men XD Julia has most likely originated from a g-o-d in Cthulhu mythology, Atlach-Nacha. Atlach-Nacha is a spider with a face of a human that is said to dwell in a hole it dug, planning to bring an end to the world. It is said to be a g-o-d that cannot multitask, therefore it becomes very upset when interrupted with what it is doing. It is also said that it can be summoned, but doing so would entangle the summoner in the web and leave them no option but to be eaten. There is also some disagreement about its gender. In Smith's original story, Atlach-Nacha is referred to as a male, but in later stories by other authors, it is implied to be a female.

Gennai: Male - Gennai is probably based on Hiraga Gennai, a scientist who lived from 1728 to 1780. He is most famous for inventing elekiter (electrostatic generator) that generate electricity. The toad is equipped with the electrostatic, as shown it being used once. As for Akira’s outfit, it must be a reference to Jiraiya. Jiraiya is a fictional ninja who rode on toad and fought for the poor by stealing from the rich

St. Vlas: Male - When Volos’ idol was thrown into the Pocayna River, he either became the devil, or alternately he became St. Vlas (St. Blaise), a shepherd. He is often tied together with the image of sexual suppression and male organs. St. Vlas's iron maiden-like ability is possibly a reference to St. Blaise's martyrdom. Also, it could be that the name of St. Vlas was adopted from the famous racehorse named St. Blaise which is related to its appearance as a horse-headed child

Diana: Female - As reported in the official guidebook, Diana is a reference to Anne of Green Gables. Anne’s best friend Diana notices how Anne is growing a mysterious plant in the forest. If Diana is a reference to this, this means Haruka represents Anne, while Diana is Yukino and her child to the mysterious plant. Also, it might be that Diana was named after the Roman goddess named Diana, the goddess of forest and of the moon.

Kiyohime: Female - Kiyohime is right out of the Konjaku Monogatarishū, a classic Japanese work of literature that is titled “The Story of Kiyohime”. During their travels to Kumano, a nameless old monk and a young monk named Anchin (Anjin) stop by a house to stay for a night. The owner of the house, Kiyohime (Kiyo), who’s a widow, falls in love with Anchin at first sight and approaches him to start a relationship. However, Anchin devotes himself to Buddhism, so he fears Kiyohime, and therefore lies to her by saying that he’ll return to her once he finishes his mission to Kumano. Kiyohime believes his word and waits, but Anchin does not return. Receiving no news from Anchin, Kiyohime asks a traveler from Kumano about Anchin’s whereabouts, and finds out that he had already gone back to his country. In anger, sadness, and jealousy, Kiyohime transforms into a giant snake. In fear of Kiyohime, Anchin hides under a bell but is soon found and is turned into a snake as well. Anchin asks the old monk to send the both of them to heaven, and with the old monk’s prayers, the two of them rise to heaven together. So since Kiyohime is the Child of Shizuru, it explains why Shizuru fell in love with Natsuki at first sight, just like Kiyo did to Anchin. And Natsuki was also trapped under a bell, thanks to Kiyohime, just like Anchin being in a bell as well while being chased by Kiyo when she turned into a snake

Yatagarasu: Male - Yatagarasu the Crow-G-o-d himself is symbolic specifically of guidance. Yatagarasu dwells in the sun, and is the messenger of the sun goddess, Amaterasu Omikami. Karasu means “crow”, so as easily guessed, this child is a crow. Crows are usually associated with negative images, but that’s a western influence. In Japan, it was originally a messenger of the gods characterized by loyalty, honesty, and devotion. However, Yatagarasu is usually depicted with three legs. Since Shiho’s child had only one leg, it means that loyalty, truthfulness and devotion must have been replaced with solitude, jealousy, and monopoly

Suishouhime: Female - Fumi Himeno's child in the anime is actually Mashiro Kazahana, called Suishouhime (meaning Crystal Princess) in her Child form. Seeing how Fumi wields a death scythe, the best image for her would be Hades, the g-o-d of underworld. A word about her name probably comes from “hifumi norito”, a prayer that leads the spirit to heavenly peace. But since “hi” is missing, it’s probably going to stop at rest, not making its way to peace. This explains how Mashiro, who is over 300 years old, kept her soul in the present world. Mashiro, as Reito called her the queen of hell, would be put in the position of Izanami, who carries the nature of death in her character

Eclipse 1 Artemis: N/A (However female if it were an animal) - A reference to Artemis, the goddess of mountains, sometimes the moon, and hunting from Greek mythology. A master of archery, this explains the accuracy when firing the Golden Lighting

Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9893
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

View user profile http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:40 pm

Fan asks Sunrise the origin of the Child's names in Mai-Hime.

Sunrise: "We just came up with them randomly. For one, I like the song: Hungry like the wolf, of that British group Duran Duran.
Another animator likes Julia Robert's movie Pretty Woman, so he wanted to use that name.
Another one was a huge fan of the deceased Lady D, hence he wanted to make a tribute.
The list goes on, but that might take a while to explain, so we'll tweet it later."
Spoiler:
Trollface

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:21 pm

ooh, Full list please ^^

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Fan asks Sunrise the origin of the Child's names in Mai-Hime.

Sunrise: "We just came up with them randomly. For one, I like the song: Hungry like the wolf, of that British group Duran Duran.
Another animator likes Julia Robert's movie Pretty Woman, so he wanted to use that name.
Another one was a huge fan of the deceased Lady D, hence he wanted to make a tribute.
The list goes on, but that might take a while to explain, so we'll tweet it later."  
Spoiler:
Trollface

"that might take a while to explain"?! What kind of nonsense is that? Sunrise must really think that anything they explain is way in over our heads. Akira Okuzaki 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:11 am

Remeber, Luu. Sunrise loves to make us wait. If not just remember the date of the premiere of the movie. Trollface 

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:54 am

The...Movie?

Midori Sugiura

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:14 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Remeber, Luu. Sunrise loves to make us wait. If not just remember the date of the premiere of the movie. Trollface 

Trollface How could I forget? When you first watch the trailer, your brain plays a trick on you thinking it's a 2006 release. For a brief second. Akira Okuzaki 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:21 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:They're organic mecha! So it's possible.

created by materialistic energy and formed by spiritual power as well.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next