Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Hurrah For Konaxookami's Mai-Series and yuri-Art!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hurrah For Konaxookami's Mai-Series and yuri-Art!

Post by Konaxookami on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Some stuff in the HiME world I've been working on lately. Currently I've been designing anthro characters- and Duran is one of them. This was the first I drew of 'im

Then after that I drew him without his fluffy vest from the side.

Then some funny pictures. He IS a dog after all...

Then something my friend suggested after rewatching some of the Mai HiME extras. You know, the one where Nagi said that Duran may have started off stealing Nat-chans' panties? Yeah...

I'm still trying to decide how I'm going to draw Kiyohime. The big debate is whether or not Kiyhohime will be a boy or a girl...Because that will affect how Duran and Kiyohime interact xD Help anyone?

Then some other Mai randomness. How's about the Kuga-Fujino Kids?

It's Kaito and Keiki. Kai used to be an only child-but I figured that Shizuru and Natsuki weren't ones to only have one kid-despite the really difficult and scary process it was for Kaito to be born. Keiki's actually adopted, but her resemblance to Natsuki is in the hair. xD I drew her as a kid because I'm not sure what age she'll be yet. But Kaito as of this moment is 16-17. But I like him younger though. xD

Then here's a ref sheet I did for Kai for what he wears in his story line. and some faces I enjoy drawing. xD there was some epic failure in drawing the HiME mark too. x3 I wasn't really awake that night...

and....that's it for nao. xD

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurrah For Konaxookami's Mai-Series and yuri-Art!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Duran looks really cool! There's still the debate whether or not Duran is a male or not. Don't answer that question yet, it deserves a thread of it's own.

Your art is very cute and I enjoyed it from very second I laid eyes on it. <3 Kaito and Keiki are so adorable! I've been trying to picture what Kaito looked like ever since reading the Parent Day fanfic. Now I know...he looks like Takumi! XD

Update us with your work for suggestions and stuff. Um, yeah, like the HiME birthmark for example. XD It has a rat tail!

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:13 pm

I've been trying to picture what Kaito looked like ever since reading the Parent Day fanfic. Now I know...he looks like Takumi! XD

xD Yeah- Kaito's little kid form has a bit of a softer face and his hair's much tamer-but it's basically the same style. xD As for Kei-that was the first time I drew her xD So I need to fix her up just a bit before I use her in a story.

Update us with your work for suggestions and stuff. Um, yeah, like the HiME birthmark for example. XD It has a rat tail!

Yeah...I'm pretty sure it's because I had been drawing ANBU costume designs right before it, and my brain was NOT functioning properly.

There's still the debate whether or not Duran is a male or not. Don't answer that question yet, it deserves a thread of it's own.

Question of the year eh? Duran AND Kiyohime. Who I still need to draw as a female-and maybe redo the male sketch since I'm not too fond of it.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:53 pm

some more Art! xD I drew both of Keiki's ref sheets over the weekend!

Her child self reminds me a lot of Natsuki's JAOR design-but Keiki's got a better reason for having short hair. The shorter it is, the less there is for people to yank or pull. She had an abusive uncle who was terrible to her, and when Natsuki and Shizuru first saw her-her hair was a mess. The girl had cut it herself haphazardly and the had to even it out. Kei's backstory is long-so I won't go into it here-that's what my dA is for xD

She really grew into herself as a teen though-she grew her hair out again, and she's in love with skinny jeans and fitted shirts. She's much more expressive-and this Keiki is so much more fun to draw-because I don't feel bad for her anymore xD

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:49 pm

<3_<3 OMG, So cute!!!

So the short hair is symbolic for Keiki. As a teen it's older, which indicates that (tell me if I'm wrong) she is over the abuse by her uncle. You know, I wouldn't mind the backstory. I'm very interested in this character. <3

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 pm

So the short hair is symbolic for Keiki. As a teen it's older, which indicates that (tell me if I'm wrong) she is over the abuse by her uncle. You know, I wouldn't mind the backstory. I'm very interested in this character. <3

Sure thing! I wasn't going to post it unless someone asked anywho! Keiki's character is so much different than Kai since she's not actually Shizuru and Natsuki's daughter-so it left me a LOT of room to play with and tweak.

Keiki really didn't have a chance from the beginning-Her birth was a mistake-her mother got drunk and had sex with her best friend and the two got into some serious trouble with their parents-The two of them were 17 and had college and the like in front of them. Keiki's mother's family was completely against abortion-so she had to have Keiki, even if it was going to ruin her life. Her Father was adamant that if Kei's mom couldn't raise her, he would-since he decided to drop out of the college route in order to give his daughter a better life.

So Kei was born and her mother left shortly after-never to have contact with Kei again. Her father was able to raise Kei for about two years while living with his brother who rented out a spare room for the two. Kei's father got into a traffic accident coming back from work one day and guess who he left his daughter to? His brother-who had absolutely no interest in the girl-but liked that the government was willing to give him some money to raise the kid. Thus Kei's life became hell. Since she wasn't able to go to day care-she stayed inside all day while he either drank or went out and did whatever odd work he could find. If he came home angry that night-Keiki was there to provide some much needed 'stress relief' Any time Keiki did anything he didn't like-she was 'punished' and it got so bad she got too scared to talk or even leave the small area she was allowed in the apartment.

Luckily-when she was five, welfare came around asking questions and Kei was taken out of her uncle's custody-Natsuki was assigned her case. Natsuki had taken up work in law and child welfare-a remembrance to her destroyed childhood. She was to take care of Kei and help her get ready to give testimony and get ready to get back in the real world to be adopted. She didn't have much luck-and most people thought that Kei wouldn't ever fully or even partially recover from the abuse. Natsuki had a better idea though.

After telling Shizuru about Kei-she went with Natsuki to go meet her, and surprisingly Kei opened up more when the two worked with her together. She got good enough to testify at the trial and after that Natsuki refused to let the girl go into someone else's custody and she and Shizuru adopted her.

They continued to work with her, much to Kaito's chagrin-because he had been expectin ga new sibling who'd be able to PLAY with him-not one who could barely make eye contact. For a seven year old kid who'd always had all the attention he wanted from his parents, he was jealous that Kei was getting all the attention. His opinion changed one day after school when he gave her a nasty look as he passed by her in the hallway of their house and he knocked her aside with his shoulder. Kei-still not fully over what had already happened to her, started to cry and apologize like mad. Kaito-scared and unsure of what he had done wrong, got pulled aside by Natsuki while Shizuru tried to calm Kei down. Natsuki explained why Kei needed the extra help-and told Kai he needed to be a good big brother. (This is gonna be a story someday-so I won't go too far into that) Kai agreed, and he's been good to Kei ever since.

Keiki grew up-slowly getting over everything-and fel into place with the Kuga-Fujino family. She grew her hair out and began to be a normal kid again. You wouldn't suspect she had such a terrible past unless you had known her back then. Eventually she's going to wan tto find her real mother to get a sort of sense of self-but until then-she's happy with her family now.

xD That's the jist of it. xD Kei's a real angsty character in the beginning-but her story just came to me so I couldn't stop myself from going through with it. x3

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks for the back story on Kei. To be honest, the angsty characters are perfect for character development. Anyone who's birth was a mistake to the original parents is likely to look down on the world. The perfect pair to enter into this girl's life couldn't of been chosen better than ShizNat. There's still some growing up left to do for Natsuki, and there's a chance to do that with Kei. Both are alike in many ways, right? I'm extra anxious to read the stories. Moving away from the action of HiME and into the slice of life genre. :D

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Kei and NAtsuki are alike in a few ways-and I think that's why Natsuki stuck with her case instead of dropping it or getting too fed up with it. I'm really looking forward to writing these stories too! xD Family Shiznat and slice of life is fun!

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Oh you stayed true to Natsuki's character there. I mean, we all know she's a bit of a hot-head, yet there remains a sense of honor and duty.

On a slightly related note, I noticed a new fanfic is posted! T_T How the Hell did I miss it?! I will red it tonight after reviewing Hollowed's latest chapter.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:07 pm

How DID you miss it Luu? xD I'm just kidding. It sort of ninja'd it's way onto the forum-that's why.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:55 pm

Kona wrote:How DID you miss it Luu? xD I'm just kidding. It sort of ninja'd it's way onto the forum-that's why.

;p Sneaky ninjas like you deserve to be punished. You're off the hook though, because I just spotted a Chie x Aoi fanfic. All is forgiven. :D

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:54 pm

Some non-HiME art from my yuri story I co-author with my friend. Two of our antagonists! =D Mizuki and Ayu. Two sexy mofos who I ADORE/

Then the outline of the first page for the Shiat comic I've been doodling on the side as well for you to enjoy.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:11 pm

The art from the yuri story is cute! Grip that tie harder, baby. ;3 The ShizNat comic is cute as well, Natsuki being so damn pouty. Sometimes I wonder who really wears ze pants. :D Since you're a member of ShizNat Webs, think you can add the comic doodle to the ShizNat fanart album?

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:13 pm

Since you're a member of ShizNat Webs, think you can add the comic doodle to the ShizNat fanart album?

I'll add it and the other three pages I've finished once I ink and tone them-because right now they look rather messy to me. xD

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:54 pm

:lol: No problem! If you don't mind, add the WIP pages when you're done anyway. I just love the album numbers increase. ^_^

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 pm

Gah- ahecka load MOAR Mai HiME art was drawn >>; I think I need a filter or something...

Kaito and Shizuru from an anternate time line of mine. Affectionately dubbed Kaito-HiME xD These two are about to pull a LEROOOYYYY JENKINS!

And Kaito and Kanaye Yuuki-one of the first times I've actually drawn him which is strange considering how much I write about him. xD He and Kai are about the same I height I suppose-but I've always imagined Kana to be slightly taller.

And here are Kana's head shots-I figured since he's Nao's son he'd have a bit of a gang affiliation-or that he just keeps in check with the shadier side of town most times he'd have a ponytail and ragged hair-and if he cut it short he'd probably look like Chie a bit. xDD He's a player, and a scamp, but a great friend to Kai, and he ends up joining the student counsel at Kai's request and is self appointed Disciplinarian.

and this...I can't explain. xDD Actually, I can-but I don't know how to-My boyfriend caught me drawing these two standing next to each other and commented that they looked good standing together-and I took it as they look good TOGETHER. xDD and I then started thinking about how these two WOULD probably be a good couple. x3 so-Kona can't be taken seriously anymore with these ridiculous relationships. orz...

Here's something less ridiculous-Natsuki comforting Kei when the girl thought NAtsuki was going to give up her case and leave her in the dust. (I'm writing the story behind this right now actually)

Natsuo and Shizuo in a doodle based off one of the chapter covers for the mai otome manga.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara on Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:57 pm

Awww! I really like the way you draw! It's so adorable! :D I must read some of your fics soon!

Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:06 am

Awww. Thanks Kara! =3

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:03 pm

You're welcoooome :)

Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:22 am

excuse me kona-san, is Nao or Juliet in any of your stories or artworks?

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1359
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:24 pm

excuse me kona-san, is Nao or Juliet in any of your stories or artworks?

I don't draw Nao all that much =/ to be honest she's harder for me to draw-but I write about her some.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:03 pm

More art inspired my Kaito-HiME-including Character Refs for Michiko and Leon Suzushiro! But first...

Some Cute Kaito and Michiko art to make up for how awful I've been treating Kaito recently.

Kaito as a Rouge dodging the law-inspired by Tangled. xD I've always sort of imagined him as the devilish rogue-not really the THIEF, but the outlaw. xD

This is 'Suzushiro-sempai'-Leon. I figure that Haruka would want her son to have a powerful name-so it ends up being a foreign one. I call just imagine people saying "Reon!" instead of "Leon!" since most people don't pronounce the L's in Japanese and instead use "r"s. (And of course he's Haruka and Yukino's son-conceived just about the same way as Kai was-but his younger brother was a sperm donation from one of Haruka's brothers-since I figure she's gotta have at least one) He's loud, proud, and unlike Haruka-he's articulate. His glasses make him a bit scary and most underclassmen are scared of him since he's a pretty crazy Executive Committee leader about uniforms and physical contact. His worse kept secret is his crush on Michiko. xD HE admires how she keeps the Student Council in line and can't understand why she has feelings for Kaito-whom he dislikes purely because he doesn't really care about his duties. He cares deeply for his younger brother and sticks up for him and protects him.
He's actually quite dashing when his glasses are off-and he even has a few admirers with the glasses on because he is the 'cool and smart' sempai. xD He wears a suit for his uniform since he can't stand being so 'underdressed' at school in the other uniform. He does have a secret wild side (Like the saying goes and all...) and he wishes he could show that side more often-but if he did he would loose the fear factor he uses to get the students to follow the rules. xD So he wishes he could get a girlfriend like Michiko who he can let loose with. (Actually, he JUST wants Michiko as a girlfriend. x3)

And here's another of Leon-looking very smug. xD sorta?

And now Michiko-oldest of three siblings. She actually has really wild hair that she inherited from her father-so she straightens it every morning and clips it back and does it up in a ponytail. She's very conscious of what she wears to school since she's the most approachable of the student council. She's the 'onee-chan' of the student council who's always willing to lend a ear and a bite to eat. But if you anger her-better watch out, because no one can stop her rages. She's closet to Kaito and Kanaye since the three of them grew up together-she acts as a older sister to Keiki who teaches her the way to deal with school and the like.
She's had a crush on Kaito for years-and finally acted on it in high school, and in some incarnations the two of them are a couple. She admires Leon-but she would never date him. She wouldn't date Kanaye either. She's kind of picky that way. She is well endowed in the female areas though-something Kana and Kai tease her about all the time. She's very sensitive about that though-and she won't hesitate to hit you if you mention it.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Now a little comic I did to get used to drawing Michiko and Leon. It shocked me on how alike the two boys' hair looks, but Leon's hair is straighter, and his bangs a bit less wild. Kaito's hair is ALWAYS windblown, even if I can't really show it in drawings, Leon's more likely to brush his out and keep it calm. I also wanted an excuse to draw him without his glasses-since he's quite cool without them. The premise behind this was that Leno won a date with Michiko through the school's sports festival. xD He won a race that even Kaito didn't participate in-and got a date with Michiko. and surprisingly...for the scary demon of a Executive Committee leader-the date is fun and normal, and Leon is acting not so neurotic. and that's where this picks up.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:42 pm

bah-Art because I can't seem to actually finish any snarky fanfiction to show people.

Shizuo and Natsuo again-I just started redrawing them while looking at some older stuff. I wasn't sure what do do about the whole Otome thing-so I just gave them tank tops and combat pants for their 'robes' I guess xD. I just wasn't inspired enough to actually redesign the robes when I drew them. xD

Then the two of them in color. The colors turned out looking weird due to the paper-and I'm not to happy with how both of their shirts came out but meh. I was so sick of looking at how the colors were that by the end I just used my markers for their shoes and the desk. xD Shizuo's hair is a bit dark than I would like, and Natsuo's eyes not dark enough, but...I like it anyways. x3

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:31 pm

OMGOMGOMGOMG The colored art stole my heart. <3_<3

Hmm, I think "wife-beaters" would work better for them if you had to go with a simple look for now. :3 Robe design is difficult, I think every idea design was used throughout Mai-Otome/Zwei/Sifr.

Going back to what you mentioned about your Mai-Originals and their hair, I prefer wild hair like Kaito's. The Mai-Series is often target by fans as a series with "flat hair". Yeah when you compare them to the Sailor Moon Multiverse. I dunno, I love the hair style of the Mai-girls, especially Shizuru's.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top