Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:19 am

we've done it at some point right? the time when someone gay or lesbian has to come out and be accept who he or she really is.
>////< im very attracted to girls right now cuz of one of our beautiful moderators. she knows who she is. <3
girls never worked for me back then, now with Maria, everything is so clear to me. Being with a girl feels so natural. Also i've been listening to this girl for the past few days:

shes really smart on girl-on-girl talks. i kno we have many homosexuals here what was your coming out moment like? its a chance to be inspired and proud of my relationship with Maria.

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1359
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Coming out stories and Gay/Lesbian Discussion LGBT

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:22 am

I just finished watching her non-silly videos, where she discusses the issues on lesbians. Now you know how I feel Megan, so we don't need to go down that road again. Aside from those two exceptions, I have no problem with lesbians and the kind of life they pursue. And obviously, I'm happy for you and Kino-chan.

Many friends of mine in the past have shared their coming out stories. I've got to witness some of them too. It's not the easiest task to accomplish in a world that looks down on it. Thanks to religion, which we will not get into on this forum. I will say that love can do no wrong, unless you love an animal in that way. Then I will bash the living Fishsticks out of you and never, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER stop.

Carly is spot on with everything, except one thing: "Lesbians are born this way."

I don't agree with that. Nobody is born gay, or straight for that matter. That is determined through your life experiences. Take me for example. The moment I, you-know, at the thought of my 3rd grade teacher, I knew I was obsessed with women. Getting laid with my first girl not long after that and all my attempts/successes afterward confirmed my sexuality. Embrace who you are and take advantage of life. :D

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:21 pm

I never had a huge coming out or anything. I've never sat anyone down and said "I'm gay." Well, I had to to Jermali cuz he wouldn't stop hitting on me XD But... I'm the type of person that thinks it should be such a non-issue, that "coming out" has never been a big deal to me. Someone asks me, "are you gay?" I say yes, that's that. Like I never came out to my mom, she figured it out on her own.

Its more like, I never "come out" but I never hide anything. I am just me, and if someone questions it, I tell them the truth.

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4724
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:39 pm

You're quite fearless compared to most lesbians then. ^_~ More like honest I suppose. Is it such a dilemma to admit you're gay? It's tougher for gay men I imagine, since it's not "normal" But if a girl is gay, it's like "YEEEEEAH! THAT'S HOT!!!"

We don't have any gay male forum members, so I can't get some input. 'Coming out' shouldn't be a difficult experience. Be proud of who you are, fuckk everyone else. ^^; Unless you have a very caring family member or lover, nobody will love you more than yourself.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Is it such a dilemma to admit you're gay? It's tougher for gay men I imagine, since it's not "normal" But if a girl is gay, it's like "YEEEEEAH! THAT'S HOT!!!"

Might be like that to straight men, but not to straight women. They're really the ones I've had the most problems with. And straight men who think they can "change" me. Also being in the south, I am a bit more careful until I know people a little more. Just at work the other day Nicole (who is young and naive) apparently had no idea (which I have NO idea how she couldn't, you've met me in person, Luu XD) and Sarah had mentioned my preferences, so I come out of the back cooler and Nicole's like "OMGZ you're a lesbian?!" And I shrugged and said "yeah, so?" And she went on about it for awhile. It seems its a bigger deal for those asking than it is for me. Its just a normal part of life for me. I wake up, brush my teeth, and am attracted to women. XD

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Be proud of who you are, fuckk everyone else. ^^; Unless you have a very caring family member or lover, nobody will love you more than yourself.

Exactly.

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kicchu on Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:33 pm

But anyways, back on topic. I mostly consider myself asexual and somewhere between aromantic and homoromantic. As for coming out, I haven't really done that much. ;o; The first person I told I was asexual was my cousin, but I'm pretty comfortable around him and we share things more than most in our family, I guess you could say. He was also the first I told that I have an attraction to a girl. Technically he's the only one I told since my nephew figured it out on his own. ;-; They're the only two that officially know.

More people know about my asexuality and it's been easier to come out to some people about that now-a-days. I told my mom back when I was about 18 or so and her response was somewhere along the lines of "No! No you're not... You're not... Nothing's wrong with you... " After that happened, I felt uncomfortable about it and only talked about it between me and my cousin for 2-3 years. A lot of people still don't know, but I've come out to some people that I go to college with as well as a couple people I work with when I'm home. If anyone was to ask me now, I would tell them, but I won't bring it up myself very often... Though I think my attraction to a girl, that went to college with me, might have already been found out by more people than I realize. DX I was texting her one night when mom and I were in my room watching TV and my mom asked if we were secretly dating. ;o; I said 'no' because, well, we're not... but I do wonder what was going through my moms head at that moment. ;-;

Last edited by Kicchu on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 257
Armitage GUTS!!! : 94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:17 pm

I don't think Luu's trying to say that experiences define your sexual preference, I think he's saying that experiences confirm your feelings? At least that's what I'm understanding from the examples he's giving. He saw his third grade teacher (you dirty boy XD) and he knew he liked women, and then his experiences afterwards just confirmed this? Okay, I may be way off but I'm trying to understand exactly what he means. He's not saying that just because you're in a straight relationship, or you marry someone for societal/familial reasons that you're straight. Its just another experience that solidifies that you're gay if you don't enjoy being in a straight relationship.

I don't know what makes a person gay or straight, does it even really matter? What matters is is that you're true to yourself. I was a late bloomer in the sexual preference sense. I couldn't figure the hell out why I didn't like sleeping with men, when I thought I really should have. I didn't sleep with a girl until I was 22, but then boom, mystery solved XD And of course I look back at all the signs that should have told me that I liked women, and then I kinda facepalm at myself.

Sexual preference shouldn't define who you are. Sure, I wear rainbows and I am proud of who I am or whatever, but you should never let it define every aspect of your being. Its just another part of your whole personality. And its really not that big of a deal. There's no "perfect lesbian" or "perfect straight person" mold to fit into. Just be you.

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:30 pm

I've only come out to my closest family, mother, father, and sisters. My father's parents are really religious and they are always talking about me getting a husband, or a boyfriend and kids and everything. I want to tell them every second I'm around them, but I really don't want them to hate me or be disgusted.

I'm glad I have such damn good friends, though! ;P

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:09 pm

I can relate to hollowed-san, my family is very religious too. Like now, i hesitate to tell them about my interest in Maria-sama. If I did, i fear they would hate me and never speak to me again. very frustrating to have no one understand this not even my own sister. Luu pushed me to move forward with my relationship even after what he's been through. "love is never wrong no matter who you're with" he says. how can i deny myself and her, i just can't. i love Maria.

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:53 pm

If they truly care about you (which they do, because I've met your parents and sister before) they will NEVER hate you. Stop worrying so much Megan.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:38 pm

my worst fears came true. i feel so stupid right now -.- i told my mother about my attraction to maria. how i love her and all. she didn't respond very well. 'what happened to your attraction to men? it just disappeared over night?' she didn't understand me being bi saying i can't love both genders. women most of all. what am i going to do? ;_; feel like there's nobody i can talk to about this. i dont want to lose anyone cuz of this, why cant love be accepted

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:58 pm

In time, your mother will accept what you've told her. Why? Simple. She will realize that nothing has changed. You're still the loving daughter she always had, even if you expressed feelings for another female.

Look, I know I'm in no position to comment on the love between two females. I've gone down that road and look what happened. What YOU need to do is contact online support groups or any of the girls here in private, like Midori, Cathy, Alex or your very own Maria. They will be able to get you through this difficult phase where you feel everybody's back is turned. You're not alone in this, so good luck in the future. Call me anytime, kay?

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:In time, your mother will accept what you've told her. Why? Simple. She will realize that nothing has changed. You're still the loving daughter she always had, even if you expressed feelings for another female.

This this this a million times this <3333

And everything else Luu said <3 I'm definitely here if you need to talk, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:02 am

Nah, don't give me any credit. This is not something I can fix. ^^ Just giving my opinion, is all.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:51 am

RedEyedPuppy's coming out story:
Alix walked into the house slowly, she had just kissed her best friend not an hour ago and was sure now that guys were NOT on her "to-do" list. her father was sitting on the couch watching tv as usual, not prepaired for the on-comming doom about to take place.

setting her backpack down Alix sulked over to stand beside her father, trying to focus on what she was about to say. she wanted to plan it out, so she said it right and was prepaired for whatever was to come. her thoughts were interupted however.

"what's up kiddo? you look upse--"

"I THINK I'M KINDA GAY!!" Alix stood there for a moment. yes she had just blurted out the most retarded sentance in existance. her mind went blank as her father seemed to stare at her for a moment or two. he turned back to the tv picking up his glass of V8, taking a small sip.

"i knew that."

Alix's eyebrow twitched slightly, was he serious?! she was at a loss for words. 5 minutes passed in silence and her father stood up to go and fill up another glass for himself. he turned to Alix and smiled.

"your mother owes me $20."

"YOU MADE A BET ON IT!?!?!?!"

*that's how it went down, i am truamatized for life!*

RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 965
Armitage GUTS!!! : 408

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:54 am

Hahahaha! That still makes me laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Love between all human beings is precious. Enough said. *hmph*

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Miss Baker is right. All love is to be enjoyed, shared, and cherished.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Even the love I believe you have for the mentally unstable Miss Shizuru? Explain that to me, Miss Kruger.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:31 pm

*Blinks and smiles*

Miss Shizuru is the only one trying to help me. No matter how I act, or have acted towards her in the past. She is....very...loving.

I love her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:52 pm

*sigh* I suppose I can understand your situation and feelings towards her, Miss Kruger. Nobody should feel lonely in this world.

*looks over at Miss Margaret*

Without Miss Margaret, my life is over.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:27 pm

an update on my home life. my sister got used to the idea of me being interested in other girls. my mother is a different story ;_; she called me a fag of all things. being bisexual means nothing to her if im interested in girls i'm a fag. no convincing her otherwise. -sigh- wants to cry.

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:07 pm

coming out?
hah! i had one, but i don't know if this counts, cause i think my parents didn't get the point when i said: my girlfriend broke up with me *sewatdrop*
at this point i'll say: she's such a f***ing bitchy coward! >_<
back to topic:
i don't think much about it and say:
when i end up with a girl, than it is a girl and if it's a boy, it is a boy.
simply as that.
so that makes me bi, huh?
but i have to say i prefer girls/woman.

she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:04 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:an update on my home life. my sister got used to the idea of me being interested in other girls. my mother is a different story ;_; she called me a fag of all things. being bisexual means nothing to her if im interested in girls i'm a fag. no convincing her otherwise. -sigh- wants to cry.

(( I'm baffled by this since your mother is so nice. ^^; You'd never expect her to be homophobic. ))

she-ga-roo wrote:coming out?
hah! i had one, but i don't know if this counts, cause i think my parents didn't get the point when i said: my girlfriend broke up with me *sewatdrop*
at this point i'll say: she's such a f***ing bitchy coward! >_<
back to topic:
i don't think much about it and say:
when i end up with a girl, than it is a girl and if it's a boy, it is a boy.
simply as that.
so that makes me bi, huh?
but i have to say i prefer girls/woman.

(( When you're bi, like Megan (using you as an example since you're the only other bi-sexual person here) you have to keep an open mind about both genders. Whichever you end up with shouldn't matter as long as they treat you right and you share a special connection. ))

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:18 pm

((Well, being Bi myself I can't say I've ever had to deal with my parents freaking out about my sexuality. Granted, I haven't really told them outright about it either. My mother and father aren't very severe when it comes to who I end up with, and my family as a whole isn't freaked out by people being gay. Except my brother who still to this day calls me a fag and a dyke.

My friends accept it, and we're pretty open to all that, especially since I've got plenty of gay friends. Hell, my first kiss was with a girl-and none of us cared. My boyfriend is fine with it too. My friend teases me and him that he needs to grow Melons for me to like him-but I don't mind either gender.

I'm Bi and I really don't care whether or not I fall in love with a guy or a girl and I can't say for certain which I like more. I just so happen to be in love with a boy right now-which kinda makes it weird to say I'm Bi to people because they would expect me to be with a girl . ^^;

As for coming out to my parents, I probably won't do it until the time is right. I'm pretty sure they know, but I'm going to get it in the open sooner or later and I have to be ready for it. But I'm very worried about getting a whiplash reaction and them freaking out about it. So...It's difficult))

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:52 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down