Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Does ANYONE here like Shiho Munakata?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you like Shiho?

47% 47% 
[ 21 ]
53% 53% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 45

Re: Does ANYONE here like Shiho Munakata?

Post by WolvenBane08 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:58 pm

HiME Shiho is annoying, yes. But Otome Shiho is hilarious in a psychotic kind of way.

WolvenBane08
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor

Bubuzuke points : 1047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 285

View user profile http://wolvenbane08.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:31 pm

I actualy like Hime Shiho, I know she isn't very well liked anyway but still I feel bad fo especially for what she had to go through.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 426
Armitage GUTS!!! : 125

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Sigh. Once a certain admin reads this, I'd like you to know this pains me to write the following.

Although Shiho (in HiME) is definitely not my favorite and close to the bottom of that list (including all the characters in the series) she isn't entirely known as stubborn, very much annoying, and don't forget thick-headed. Okay, enough with the bashing, as I was saying, she has few traits people can consider "good". For one she's extremely persistent when she wants something, most would eventually give up. But no, not Shiho. She could also be considered loyal to only Tate (also very faithful thus making her an optimist). One last thing...she's the only person in anime I've seen with Octo-squishy hair. She's...unique?

Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

Bubuzuke points : 2297
Armitage GUTS!!! : 260

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Dead.And.Alive wrote:Sigh. Once a certain admin reads this, I'd like you to know this pains me to write the following.

Sometimes we must let go of our pride and do what is requested of us. Viola

Dead.And.Alive wrote:Although Shiho (in HiME) is definitely not my favorite and close to the bottom of that list (including all the characters in the series) she isn't entirely known as stubborn, very much annoying, and don't forget thick-headed. Okay, enough with the bashing, as I was saying, she has few traits people can consider "good". For one she's extremely persistent when she wants something, most would eventually give up. But no, not Shiho. She could also be considered loyal to only Tate (also very faithful thus making her an optimist). One last thing...she's the only person in anime I've seen with Octo-squishy hair. She's...unique?

Unique is the best way to put her. Although I don't think many fans will see her HiME incarnation in a positive light after this. At least you're aware of her loyalty and knowing what she wants in life (unlike Mai Tokiha). These are traits a lot guys want women to follower and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. :p Perhaps we're still novices in the ways of understanding someone who's compassionate in her own "unique" way. Trust me, it has nothing to do with her physical appearances. Shiho is just possessive for my taste, but at least she knows where she stands.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:At least you're aware of her loyalty and knowing what she wants in life (unlike Mai Tokiha). These are traits a lot guys want women to follower and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. :p Perhaps we're still novices in the ways of understanding someone who's compassionate in her own "unique" way. Trust me, it has nothing to do with her physical appearances. Shiho is just possessive for my taste, but at least she knows where she stands.
True! She's not at all as indecisive as Mai. That just plain annoying. Make up your mind Tokiha! And I don't think that it is only you who says she far to possessive. Disregarding all that, you said it's not the physical appearance and I have to agree once again. It's the being themselves.

Dayum, how corny was that? XD
I didn't think I was capable of that.

Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:43 pm

Dead.And.Alive wrote:True! She's not at all as indecisive as Mai. That just plain annoying. Make up your mind Tokiha! And I don't think that it is only you who says she far to possessive. Disregarding all that, you said it's not the physical appearance and I have to agree once again. It's the being themselves.

Dayum, how corny was that? XD
I didn't think I was capable of that.

Quite. Razz On the other hand, I'm quite proud in my abilities to bring out the best in you. Dance

Mai's indecisiveness did a lot of unintentional damage to her relationship with her own brother, Takumi. That was hard to watch in many way. Her always putting on a smile, that's just depressing. ^^;

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Quite. Razz On the other hand, I'm quite proud in my abilities to bring out the best in you. Dance

Mai's indecisiveness did a lot of unintentional damage to her relationship with her own brother, Takumi. That was hard to watch in many way. Her always putting on a smile, that's just depressing. ^^;
I guess you could say that :3

Anyway, I can understand you to an extent. Mai shares a rather "depressing" story (or for those who often confuse it with grim past it could be pitiful) and it progressively got worse. I mean, sure. It did eventually get resolved but the rest will remain.

Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Dead.And.Alive wrote:Anyway, I can understand you to an extent. Mai shares a rather "depressing" story (or for those who often confuse it with grim past it could be pitiful) and it progressively got worse. I mean, sure. It did eventually get resolved but the rest will remain.

Agreed, but I won't go on a "why didn't she realize and announce her love for Tate it sooner!?" tirade. I like Mai, she wrestled with a lot of feelings that may have annoyed us, but I can't deny how realistic is was. It's why most fans prefer HiME to Otome, HiME did have that realism that young teenager girls go through. Arika and Nina went through the same if you think about it. XD However, it's always brushed off thanks to Pedo-Sergay.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Agreed, but I won't go on a "why didn't she realize and announce her love for Tate it sooner!?" tirade. I like Mai, she wrestled with a lot of feelings that may have annoyed us, but I can't deny how realistic is was. It's why most fans prefer HiME to Otome, HiME did have that realism that young teenager girls go through. Arika and Nina went through the same if you think about it. XD However, it's always brushed off thanks to Pedo-Sergay.

That's just what makes Mai Tokiha. The strong individual with a huge weak point but can easily get up after it's hit. Plus some people take longer to realize what they feel. I don't blame her.
Disregarding all that I can't say I ever really wanted to watch Mai otome...as a matter of fact I stopped watching it and when I joined this crazed and so very amusing forum I watched it entirely. Not only was HiME more realistic anime but I pretty much thought it was a better anime in general. ^^;
But yeah Arika and Nina had the same case although it was a bit worse in my opinion.

Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Dead.And.Alive wrote:That's just what makes Mai Tokiha. The strong individual with a huge weak point but can easily get up after it's hit. I can't say I ever really wanted to watch Mai otome though...as a matter of fact I stopped watching it and when I joined this crazed and so very amusing forum I watched it entirely. Not only was HiME more realistic anime but I pretty much thought it was a better anime in general. ^^;
But yeah Arika and Nina had the same case although it was a bit worse in my opinion.

Haha, that's okay. It's to be expected, right? Wink I just prefer Mai-Otome more for it's fantasy world while maintaining the drama and personal battles from Mai-HiME. Among other things too, but that's another subject entirely.

^_~ You deserve a gold star for even talking about Shiho, Ayano-chan! Sadly all I have is this Kyoko. Kyoko

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Haha, that's okay. It's to be expected, right? Wink I just prefer Mai-Otome more for it's fantasy world while maintaining the drama and personal battles from Mai-HiME. Among other things too, but that's another subject entirely.

^_~ You deserve a gold star for even talking about Shiho, Ayano-chan! Sadly all I have is this Kyoko. Kyoko
We ended talking more of Miss. Tokiha but I guess it works out well. :3

Akarin
Flee before I bring her any closer and you lose your presence you blond demon.

Last edited by Dead.And.Alive on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:53 pm

:'3 Can't be helped. If Natsuki and Una never existed, Mai would of been my Mai-Series sex slave-I mean WIFE. WIFE!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:02 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote::'3 Can't be helped. If Natsuki and Una never existed, Mai would of been my Mai-Series sex slave-I mean WIFE. WIFE!

I'm sure she'd only be your wife. Oh. Whatever happened to your "sexy medicine woman" other known as Yohko?

Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Dead.And.Alive wrote:
I'm sure she'd only be your wife. Oh. Whatever happened to your "sexy medicine woman" other known as Yohko?

Akira Okuzaki My harem rotates every now and then. Don't bother me...

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Akira Okuzaki My harem rotates every now and then. Don't bother me...
It's not in my power to even come close to such a thing >.>;
I'm quite glad of that.

Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Dead.And.Alive wrote:It's not in my power to even come close to such a thing >.>;
I'm quite glad of that.

Children weren't allowed anyway. Trollface

Since you mentioned Yohko, I shall punish you by once again "urging" you to speak your opinion on her:

http://ltahime.forum-motion.net/t1575-youko-sagisawa-helene-s-medical-office-of-worship?highlight=youko

Yohko : Be gentle!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Dead.And.Alive on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:25 pm

That's going to be a bit difficult. I have nothing for or against Yohko. She's pretty neutral in my mind. ^^;

I shall be in the depths of my mind now... Akira Okuzaki

Dead.And.Alive
The underaged Tsundere
The underaged Tsundere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Dead.And.Alive wrote:That's going to be a bit difficult. I have nothing for or against Yohko. She's pretty neutral in my mind. ^^;

I shall be in the depths of my mind now... Akira Okuzaki

Akira Okuzaki A place few women dare enter...except Dye. She's all psychological and shit.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 am

I already said this before I like Shiho even if she is a little bratty, Otome anime Shiho was good comedy relief and she was good antagonist in the Otome manga.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:37 am

GAP wrote:I already said this before I like Shiho even if she is a little bratty, Otome anime Shiho was good comedy relief and she was good antagonist in the Otome manga.

Agreed with GAP. They took a seemingly unlikable character and used her properly in Mai-Otome. Trollface And they say HiME is better than Otome. Pfft.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:18 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GAP wrote:I already said this before I like Shiho even if she is a little bratty, Otome anime Shiho was good comedy relief and she was good antagonist in the Otome manga.

Agreed with GAP. They took a seemingly unlikable character and used her properly in Mai-Otome. Trollface And they say HiME is better than Otome. Pfft.
^
THIS

I like Shiho in Otome. She's a capable person there, enough to make Trias and become a Meister otome albeit has a rather interesting design for a robe xD

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Shiho is basically a deconstruction (if we could her that) of the common childhood friend trope in anime. Shiho helps him Tate out of his funk but it is Tate who ignores and doesn't acknowledge Shiho's feelings. Shiho feels betrayed by Mai who said that she would help Shiho get with Tate when it was Mai who had feeling for Tate. I wish I could elaborate further but tha tis the best with what I can come with.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:53 pm

GAP wrote:Shiho is basically a deconstruction (if we could her that) of the common childhood friend trope in anime. Shiho helps him Tate out of his funk but it is Tate who ignores and doesn't acknowledge Shiho's feelings. Shiho feels betrayed by Mai who said that she would help Shiho get with Tate when it was Mai who had feeling for Tate. I wish I could elaborate further but tha tis the best with what I can come with.

Didn't post want in this about Shiho anyway here it is goes, I like Shiho both in HiME/Otome despite everyone hates her including the director. Her role in Hime was kind of bland then her development started to grow her kindful love to Tate-kun and demeanor of just flaming Mai throughout the series. She seems more of a valuable rival than Nao, all because she wanted Tate and now he's gone into nothingness. In Otome, just definite crazy and more funnier than her counterpart but again I like her in both roles overall.

Best interesting part, how's shes going to play a huge or lesser roles unless Sunrise have those kinds of urges to do things on series.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Highman wrote:Didn't post want in this about Shiho anyway here it is goes, I like Shiho both in HiME/Otome despite everyone hates her including the director.

How do you know the director hated Shiho's character? Did Obara Masakazu mention something in an interview? :scratch:

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:Didn't post want in this about Shiho anyway here it is goes, I like Shiho both in HiME/Otome despite everyone hates her including the director.

How do you know the director hated Shiho's character? Did Obara Masakazu mention something in an interview? :scratch:

Maybe I'm wrong but some other forum mentioned about Q&A interview with Obara-san saying he dislike Shiho for some reason or other way around he may like her, then again trolling can happen to all of us.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:13 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top