Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Does anyone know whatever happened to Angie Beers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does anyone know whatever happened to Angie Beers?

Post by ShadowMikoto on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:41 pm

Angie Beers is the English Voice behind Arika Yumemiya. I was curious to know who voiced her, but upon looking up her English Voice Actor, and discovering Angie Beers, I also found out that she is invisible on the internet. I saw a few pictures of her, but as far as any biography or profile information about her, it's completely non-existent. Anyone know why this is? I would be curious to know more about her, but by the looks of it, it doesn't seem like it's even possible?
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 310
Armitage GUTS!!! : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anyone know whatever happened to Angie Beers?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:07 pm

ShadowMikoto wrote:Angie Beers is the English Voice behind Arika Yumemiya. I was curious to know who voiced her, but upon looking up her English Voice Actor, and discovering Angie Beers, I also found out that she is invisible on the internet. I saw a few pictures of her, but as far as any biography or profile information about her, it's completely non-existent. Anyone know why this is? I would be curious to know more about her, but by the looks of it, it doesn't seem like it's even possible?

I can answer this one, and it's still disappointing to this day.

A member of the forum by the name of Kuga Natsuki (formerly Nymph), attempted to get an interview with Miss Beers for our voice actor interview series a couple of years ago. Many of the voice actresses, including Carol-Anne Day (who voiced Mai), happily accepted to do a Q/A for the fans through Mai-Multiverse. I asked Nymph if she could contacted Angie, since I loved her work as Arika Yumemiya in the Bandai Entertainment dub. She managed to get a hold of Angie, but from what I understand, Angie had zero interest in doing an interview. It wasn't a scheduling issue, either. She just didn't care enough.

It's amazing how someone can do a fantastic job in the recording studio, yet not be proud enough to share their experiences with the fans that remember. It's a shame on so many levels. However, I still don't hold it against Miss Beers. Not sure what her issue is as a person, but her work in Mai-Otome remains memorable and amazing. That's all we need.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42427
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2500

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto on Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
ShadowMikoto wrote:Angie Beers is the English Voice behind Arika Yumemiya. I was curious to know who voiced her, but upon looking up her English Voice Actor, and discovering Angie Beers, I also found out that she is invisible on the internet. I saw a few pictures of her, but as far as any biography or profile information about her, it's completely non-existent. Anyone know why this is? I would be curious to know more about her, but by the looks of it, it doesn't seem like it's even possible?

I can answer this one, and it's still disappointing to this day.

A member of the forum by the name of Kuga Natsuki (formerly Nymph), attempted to get an interview with Miss Beers for our voice actor interview series a couple of years ago. Many of the voice actresses, including Carol-Anne Day (who voiced Mai), happily accepted to do a Q/A for the fans through Mai-Multiverse. I asked Nymph if she could contacted Angie, since I loved her work as Arika Yumemiya in the Bandai Entertainment dub. She managed to get a hold of Angie, but from what I understand, Angie had zero interest in doing an interview. It wasn't a scheduling issue, either. She just didn't care enough.

It's amazing how someone can do a fantastic job in the recording studio, yet not be proud enough to share their experiences with the fans that remember. It's a shame on so many levels. However, I still don't hold it against Miss Beers. Not sure what her issue is as a person, but her work in Mai-Otome remains memorable and amazing. That's all we need.

That's really too bad :( but you said it best when you say her work in Mai-Otome remains memorable and amazing. She truly did a great job as Arika!
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 310
Armitage GUTS!!! : 48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:35 pm

ShadowMikoto wrote:
That's really too bad :( but you said it best when you say her work in Mai-Otome remains memorable and amazing. She truly did a great job as Arika!

That's all that matters, Shadow! Angie left her mark on the series with an excellent performance as Arika Yumemiya. Mika Kikuchi is still the best Arika, but I'll always have a place in my heart for Angie.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42427
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2500

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top