Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Mai Tokiha's scarf

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mai Tokiha's scarf

Post by Krystal of Nol on Thu May 05, 2011 4:35 pm

hildebrant wrote:I'm well aware that Yuuichi didn't appear due to SUNRISE being upset with his seiyuu but that doesn't mean I'm not happy with the end results

Really? I didn't know that, if it's not much trouble do you mind to explain a little about this, please? thanks!

Want to be part of the Challenge? Pick your number here: The List  ShizNat

Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

View user profile http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Thu May 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:
hildebrant wrote:I'm well aware that Yuuichi didn't appear due to SUNRISE being upset with his seiyuu but that doesn't mean I'm not happy with the end results

Really? I didn't know that, if it's not much trouble do you mind to explain a little about this, please? thanks!

okay here it goes. Supposedly or, maybe this happened I dunno but its been said that Tomokazu Seki spoiled the ending to Mai HiME by saying he was going to have a big sword fight at the end. The Staff at SUNRISE wasn't too happy about him doing that so he and Yuuichi were written out of My Otome as an act of retaliation, which is why we only got Sergay instead.
I don't know how alot of you are going to react to this, heck you may even thank SUNRISE for it but as for me, I seem to remember one Mitsuo Fukuda the director of Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny having issues with the seiyuus for Cagalli and Shinn, which is supposedly the reason for why their characters became so unbearable as Destiny went on. To me it just represents alot of unprofessional behavior and not a good image for SUNRISE when they choose to jeopardize their product just because the director is having issues with the actors or staff, but thats my two cents, hoped that cleared things up for you even if you did have to hear me get up on my soapbox

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol on Fri May 06, 2011 9:50 am

hildebrant wrote:
okay here it goes. Supposedly or, maybe this happened I dunno but its been said that Tomokazu Seki spoiled the ending to Mai HiME by saying he was going to have a big sword fight at the end. The Staff at SUNRISE wasn't too happy about him doing that so he and Yuuichi were written out of My Otome as an act of retaliation, which is why we only got Sergay instead.

Well, I guess that pissed off not just one in the staff, I mean he tecnically said: 'All we had dead are going to return' or something like that... Bad Yuuichi bad... then the scarf was a goodbye gift XD and that's why Mai in the Bluray special refer to him as $(%%/($# :twisted:

Thanks for the explanation Razz

Want to be part of the Challenge? Pick your number here: The List  ShizNat

Krystal of Nol

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

View user profile http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri May 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Makes a whole lot of sense nao, doesn't it? XD No wonder why people started the 'Mai turned gay' jokes when Kuro no Mai surfaced. Then there's the silhouette of Tate in the Mai-Otome omake explaining the legend of the Fire Stirring Ruby...

SUNRISE didn't screw Tomokazu Seki. Tomokazu Seki screwed Tomokazu Seki.

SUNRISE logic. Akira Okuzaki

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Well there it is, all the info on why Tate wasn't in Otome. Good ol SUNRISE logic. Still thats why I have fanfics and fanart, sad that thats all I have to work with

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun May 08, 2011 12:18 pm

hildebrant wrote:Well there it is, all the info on why Tate wasn't in Otome. Good ol SUNRISE logic. Still thats why I have fanfics and fanart, sad that thats all I have to work with

Bah, good enough to satisfy us. :) Fanart and fanfics even shelter those who'd rather see Natsuki with someone else! SUNRISE is on the losing end here. XD Fans make the company, not the other way around. :3

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Sun May 08, 2011 10:25 pm

[quote=Bah, good enough to satisfy us. :) Fanart and fanfics even shelter those who'd rather see Natsuki with someone else! SUNRISE is on the losing end here. XD Fans make the company, not the other way around. :3[/quote]

you know that response really did make my day today, actually made me glad that I even posted that sordid little tidbit on what Tomokazu Seki did to get booted out of the series. Thx Luu it does mean alot to me to hear you say that

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Mon May 09, 2011 10:43 am

hildebrant wrote:[quote=Bah, good enough to satisfy us. :) Fanart and fanfics even shelter those who'd rather see Natsuki with someone else! SUNRISE is on the losing end here. XD Fans make the company, not the other way around. :3

Mr. Seki blabbed about not having more character time in Mai HiME eventually threw Sunrise under bus even spoiled the ending in a recent anime radio. Sunrise scratched him off the franchise, few days later Reito seiyuu voice about the ending even about Tate's end.

On the higher it would be interested to see Tate comeback, someone knows what happened to him unless he went ashes to dust of sudden.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon May 09, 2011 12:21 pm

hildebrant wrote:you know that response really did make my day today, actually made me glad that I even posted that sordid little tidbit on what Tomokazu Seki did to get booted out of the series. Thx Luu it does mean alot to me to hear you say that

:) You're welcome, the truth had to be said after all.

Highman wrote:On the higher it would be interested to see Tate comeback, someone knows what happened to him unless he went ashes to dust of sudden.

SUNRISE gave Tate the Poochie ending.

Very sad. I didn't know Tate was from another planet...

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant on Mon May 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hildebrant wrote:you know that response really did make my day today, actually made me glad that I even posted that sordid little tidbit on what Tomokazu Seki did to get booted out of the series. Thx Luu it does mean alot to me to hear you say that

:) You're welcome, the truth had to be said after all.

Highman wrote:On the higher it would be interested to see Tate comeback, someone knows what happened to him unless he went ashes to dust of sudden.

Very sad. I didn't know Tate was from another planet...

I'd complain about all of this some more but I've said my piece and I've kind of forgiven Sunrise thanks in part to Gundam 00, even though that series wasn't totally flawless, it was pretty fun to watch on certain episodes, hoping the movie won't dissapoint too much when it comes over here in July

hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Mon May 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Very sad. I didn't know Tate was from another planet...[/quote]

It's sad when The Simpsons gotten worsen in recent years

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon May 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Highman wrote:It's sad when The Simpsons gotten worsen in recent years

I blame the network refusing to lay the show to rest (heard the jokes after season 10? Simpsons is WAY past it's prime). As opposed to Mai-HiME, a series that had a few dozen more episodes left in it. 26 isn't enough for a classic like that.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:It's sad when The Simpsons gotten worsen in recent years

I blame the network refusing to lay the show to rest (heard the jokes after season 10? Simpsons is WAY past it's prime). As opposed to Mai-HiME, a series that had a few dozen more episodes left in it. 26 isn't enough for a classic like that.

It's always been ratings and revenue for entertainment companies not much ending on a high note. HiME/Otome had been neck and neck in DVD sales and merchandise. Still hangs in the air If we ever going to have another Mai series, OVA or movie soon.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue May 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Very true, Highman. Even nothing new comes out, I'll still support the series. :)

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Wed May 11, 2011 2:22 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Very true, Highman. Even nothing new comes out, I'll still support the series. :)

All I cared about having some hope like OVA prelude to the HiME saga or movie series for this year. Nothing less man!

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed May 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Highman wrote:All I cared about having some hope like OVA prelude to the HiME saga or movie series for this year. Nothing less man!

A movie series would be nice. :) Surprised SUNRISE never thought of making Natsuki no Prelude into an OVA...

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Wed May 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:All I cared about having some hope like OVA prelude to the HiME saga or movie series for this year. Nothing less man!

A movie series would be nice. :) Surprised SUNRISE never thought of making Natsuki no Prelude into an OVA...

Nao or Akane prelude would been more interesting than Natsuki's.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed May 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Highman wrote:Nao or Akane prelude would been more interesting than Natsuki's.

In Akane's case, I'm hoping SUNRISE takes that large gamble. We'll like it, but imagine the protest by ShizNat marks. Shizuru Fujino Natsuki Kuga

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Thu May 12, 2011 1:27 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:Nao or Akane prelude would been more interesting than Natsuki's.

In Akane's case, I'm hoping SUNRISE takes that large gamble. We'll like it, but imagine the protest by ShizNat marks. Shizuru Fujino Natsuki Kuga

Sunrise will capitalize unless they figure it out by nao making the franchise a little worthwhile. For Akane sake she won't be a wasted character who's one dimensional really the HiME for sub-leader.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu May 12, 2011 8:11 pm

Highman wrote:Sunrise will capitalize unless they figure it out by nao making the franchise a little worthwhile. For Akane sake she won't be a wasted character who's one dimensional really the HiME for sub-leader.

I think SUNRISE often forgets that Akane is a HiME. :) I understand if a secondary character (like a MIP) keeps getting beaten in every incarnation of the Mai-Series, but why her? Being a HiME qualifies her as a main character somewhat, doesn't matter if she's not directly involved with the likes of Mai or Natsuki.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Fri May 13, 2011 1:02 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:Sunrise will capitalize unless they figure it out by nao making the franchise a little worthwhile. For Akane sake she won't be a wasted character who's one dimensional really the HiME for sub-leader.

I think SUNRISE often forgets that Akane is a HiME. :) I understand if a secondary character (like a MIP) keeps getting beaten in every incarnation of the Mai-Series, but why her? Being a HiME qualifies her as a main character somewhat, doesn't matter if she's not directly involved with the likes of Mai or Natsuki.

Let's see her resume into HiME/Otome:

HiME:

Fights pretty well against an orphans until Miyu finds out eliminates her child and Kazuya. Possibly a revengeful rivalry with Miyu along the way.

Otome:

Rising Otome with into the ranks, has a boyfriend who heir of Cardair Castle. Suddenly she's been granted into being a servant when Rosalie is married. nao chooses her life as a Otome and wanted to be with Kazuya, pressured enough that she didn't finish the job done against the Slave, in her mind decided she wanted to be with King Kazu other stuff is fanservice.

HiME EXA:

Went toe to toe with Mikoto till Katsuguchi blast Hari like it was nothing.

HiME Destiny:

Akane as a mini-villain............eh forceful decision to make something better nah.

Wouldn't says in there with Mai,Natsuki, Shizuru and Miyu's. Akane is a good character the only she needs to build on having a strong mindset and helping the HiME in every way. Her emotions and one she love the most will be factor soon. She needs to have more time and be a dominant threat to anyone who messes with Kazu and Lindem Baum.

Sunrise can still make good characters it's what values the most in making a pivotal series.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3