Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Mai Tokiha's scarf

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mai Tokiha's scarf

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Seriously, where was this thing throughout the series? We only see it on the opening and the very end of the series (unless I'm blind and missed it in a previous episode). Before watching the series in 2006, I saw nothing but pictures of her with that scarf in magazines like Newtype. The first image I ever saw of Mai was her doing the Supergirl pose...

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mai Tokiha's scarf

Post by RedEyedWolf on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:28 pm

they took it out because it gets in the way of the.... view. ;3

RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 965
Armitage GUTS!!! : 408

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:02 pm

LOL I like RedEyedWolf's explanation XDDD

Its like in Zuka they'll take the promo pictures with one wig on, but have a different one for the actual show. Hmm... maybe they decided her scarf wasn't really necessary. Or they didn't feel like drawing it in. The scarf just couldn't compete with her boobies.

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4724
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RedEyedWolf on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:07 pm

plus it's not like normal people wear one all the time unless it's cold. she's not normal but people would be like "hey, scarf girl" instead of "hey. big tits" it would have been distracting.

RedEyedWolf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 965
Armitage GUTS!!! : 408

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:36 pm

You know about the first version of the HiME anime?? First version would be too much. Well, the character designs were a little bit different in the beginning, but they changed it. Maybe that's why Mai wears a scarf on all these posters, especially when they were made before the first epi was out. You know: advertising and such things...

Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7062
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

View user profile http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:25 pm

RedEyedWolf wrote:they took it out because it gets in the way of the.... view. ;3

^_~ Excellent point.

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:Its like in Zuka they'll take the promo pictures with one wig on, but have a different one for the actual show. Hmm... maybe they decided her scarf wasn't really necessary. Or they didn't feel like drawing it in. The scarf just couldn't compete with her boobies.

I think you're right, it's like an early drawing/sketch that was on the brink of being included into the series, but taken out at the last minute. It's nice that they acknowledged it for the classic opening and episode 26.

RedEyedWolf wrote:she's not normal

Pfft, Mai Tokiha is far from normal. Then again, none of us are "normal" in the long run. \^_^/

Kino karutta-chan wrote:You know about the first version of the HiME anime?? First version would be too much. Well, the character designs were a little bit different in the beginning, but they changed it. Maybe that's why Mai wears a scarf on all these posters, especially when they were made before the first epi was out. You know: advertising and such things...

*nods* Exactly, Kino-chan. I love the scarf, it gives her character. Cliche as it sounds, but it could of been used as a casual trademark. *shrugs* Like Red said, Mai's big breasts is her main trademark. If anything gives a girl character, it's what's hanging off her chest. ^_~ Right, Midori?

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:01 pm

mai's scarf is pretty cool, the girl does have awesome fashion sense. :3
did she really wear it at the end, luu? please remind me >.<

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1359
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denerop on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:06 am

hmm.. i guess only one picture with mai and a scarf comes to my mind, so i didn't really notice it at all

denerop
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 704
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/darklinege

Back to top Go down

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:30 pm

mai's scarf come out when she uses her child

roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1903
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=1000002024958

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:30 pm

More shots of Mai with her scarf...from the closing of Episode 26:

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:52 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:More shots of Mai with her scarf...from the closing of Episode 26:

oh yaa her mom get it for her
+ rem her mommy died so mybe on one of her bday she that that :alien: cat monkey :pig: :rabbit: :bounce: :cherry: santa :rendeer: :farao: :king: :scratch: study elephant :flower: afro lol! :D :) :( :o :shock: 8) :lol: :x Razz :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: Rolling Eyes Wink :!: :?: Idea :arrow: :| :face: :suspect: I love you :@: :cyclops: :clown: :pirat: :tongue: :silent: :pale: dont ask why i did that

roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=1000002024958

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:37 am

You know why the scarf? Because they knew the supergirl cannot use a cape for school!

Want to be part of the Challenge? Pick your number here: The List  ShizNat

Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

View user profile http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:36 am

Krystal of Nol wrote:You know why the scarf? Because they knew the supergirl cannot use a cape for school!

Yes, I love this reasoning!

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:16 pm

XD Haha. I don't believe in capes. If anyone saw the Pixar movie "the Incredibles" knows why. ;P Maybe it crossed Sunrise's mind that it would get in the way during the action. Imagine Mai wearing it, saving the day as always when suddenly a plane passes by and her scarf gets sucked into the turbine.

Taking Mai with it.

:no: Could get messy.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:XD Haha. I don't believe in capes. If anyone saw the Pixar movie "the Incredibles" knows why. ;P Maybe it crossed Sunrise's mind that it would get in the way during the action. Imagine Mai wearing it, saving the day as always when suddenly a plane passes by and her scarf gets sucked into the turbine.

Taking Mai with it.

:no: Could get messy.

Ewww, thank you for that thought, Luu XD I was hungry XDD Although anime doesn't usually care too much about what would be logical to be wearing in battle, perhaps Sunrise actually had some thought about it.

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:47 pm

Midori Sugiura99 wrote:Ewww, thank you for that thought, Luu XD I was hungry XDD Although anime doesn't usually care too much about what would be logical to be wearing in battle, perhaps Sunrise actually had some thought about it.

:lol: Sorry about that. What you said is very accurate btw, anime doesn't take physics into any kind of consideration. Whenever I see an anime character wearing a long neck chain during an physical battle, I giggle. I had a fight wearing my neck chain, and I suffered some good whiplash from it. ^^; The damn accessory hurt me more than the actual person.

We'll never know exactly why Mai Tokiha's scarf wasn't included, but she looks awesome wearing it.

^_^ Kudos Sunrise. But if you guys wanna be my best friend, make that Mai HiME "Rick Roll" movie a reality. >_> Seriously.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:We'll never know exactly why Mai Tokiha's scarf wasn't included, but she looks awesome wearing it.

^_^ Kudos Sunrise. But if you guys wanna be my best friend, make that Mai HiME "Rick Roll" movie a reality. >_> Seriously.

I agree with that, not only about the scarf but with the movie too!!

Want to be part of the Challenge? Pick your number here: The List  ShizNat

Krystal of Nol

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

View user profile http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:46 pm

Yesss the movie >< >< Do eeeet.

Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:16 am

:D Mai did wear the scarf in the mai hime movie trailer:

;_; still no like it. the movie has favorites like Nao and shizuru out of action.

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:00 am

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote::D Mai did wear the scarf in the mai hime movie trailer:

;_; still no like it. the movie has favorites like Nao and shizuru out of action.
yo it not real come on ppl should know that

roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:36 am

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote::D Mai did wear the scarf in the mai hime movie trailer:

Good eye! In fact, her wearing the scarf in the "movie" (if it ever turned out real) would mean Sunrise is sticking with continuity. The scarf made it's episode debut in episode 26 I believe. It would of been a shame if Sunrise didn't stick with it. *shrugs* What does it matter, there's no movie for the time being. :( No Mai and Miyu battling Arika in space for us.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:27 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote::( No Mai and Miyu battling Arika in space for us.

no but you did say it sort of foreshadowed Arika and Nina's space battle in Mai otome :3
sunrise just likes digging up old ideas lol
i want a Nao yuuki OVA -pout-

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey, good call! They did kinda resurrect the space battle idea. It appeared to be a full scale war in the Mai HiME "Movie" trailer, while Arika vs. Nina in Mai-Otome was more of a one-on-on fight.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Hey, good call! They did kinda resurrect the space battle idea. It appeared to be a full scale war in the Mai HiME "Movie" trailer, while Arika vs. Nina in Mai-Otome was more of a one-on-on fight.
oh so that how the did it

roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:55 pm

roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya wrote:oh so that how the did it

I believe so. Ideas are usually shelved and dusted off to be presented in a brand new way. If that's the case...MAKE THE DAMN MOVIE ALREADY! Shorter anime franchises have movies for Yukariko's sake! @_@ Mai HiME on the big screen will enhance it's global presence. Sailor Moon did it 3 times, now it's Mai HiME's turn!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top