Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Maria Graceburt: Selected Letters & Writings AR 280-331

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maria Graceburt: Selected Letters & Writings AR 280-331

Post by Break String SpinElf on Fri May 20, 2016 4:18 pm

Hello Mai-Multiversers!

I thought I'd try my hand at a bit of fanfic and came up with a couple of ideas. This was the less stupid of the two.

For my main character, who could be better than Miss Maria? Her career was so long that her first engagement as an Otome was to punch out a T-Rex. In the main, I wanted to imagine her not when she's this woman: -

Or this woman*: -

... but the young Garderobe student from Lutesia.

In terms of pairings, there may be some mild MarMon (and perhaps a smidging of MonSyl), though it's by no means "relationship focussed."

Anyway, it's not a great start but I hope you enjoy it when it gets going. Please do let me know your thoughts etc. - mainly because, if I don't hear anything, I may continue to do it!  swoon

___
*-the use of this image of the 39-year-old Maria is entirely gratuitous and is included simply because Sifr!Maria gets my motor running.

AR 280. 1st April.

Dear Mother & Father,

I am writing this quick note to let you know that I’ve made it safely to Garderobe. I was sad to see you at the sandport back in Lutesia, yet strangely happy too. Now is the time that I cease being the little girl you loved so well and become the woman who I am meant to be. I hope that in doing so I can make you proud of me.

The sandcleaver journey passed without incident. I was disappointed that we did not have the opportunity to see the kurochs flocking at the desert edges, though I was told by a nice lady who was making her way to Aries that, if one wishes to see kurochs, it is best to travel in July. It was interesting to put in at sandports in some many of the countries we learned about at school. Florince was the first and the smell of the food there was ravishing. Chaldea was different, a rugged, unforgiving country. I always remember those Chaldean dignitaries we saw in the capital at the king’s coronation. I found them quite scary in their ceremonial robes and convinced myself that their hoods conformed to the shapes of their heads! Imagine my surprise now that I know Chaldeans are much like us.

The next country we visited was, of course, Aries. I always found it odd that a country could exist and grow so powerful without the noble guidance of a royal house. It seems to me that they change their rulers so often that it’s a wonder anything gets done! I bade my new friend farewell but was amazed to see a beautiful onee-sama joining out voyage. Her name is Penelope and she is the daughter of President Lowell and it seems she was travelling to Garderobe on business. I did not dare approach her though I would’ve loved to hear what she had to say about becoming a great Otome.

Finally, we reached the end of our journey in Wind Bloom. Wind Bloom has always held a level of fascination for me, after hearing so many stories about the technology left over from the days of our ancestors which still functions in Wind City. Having been granted a few hours to look around before I had to be at Garderobe in order to enrol, I decided to see for myself – and the city did not disappoint! Holograms! Television! It’s a world away from the life I left behind, the life with you and Pietro that I am sure I shall miss more and more. I will always treasure those years we spent together in our cottage in Anmilla, with the soft winds coming up along the mountains from Florince just starting to replace the cold northern blasts from Altai at this time of the year, and as we get deeper into April.

I am sorry that this “quick note” is now quickly growing to approach 500 words! Please tell Pietro to be good at school and not to get into any more fights as his big sister is no longer there to protect him. I do worry for him as he has always been so quick with his tongue. If you could tell him that, if he gets into any more trouble, the next time I see him I shall give him a demonstration of the abilities of a Coral. I’m at Garderobe now, and am just waiting to go in to receive the nanomachines. I can’t wait to have an opportunity to try them out!

That’s all for now.

I love you, my dear, dear family.

Your daughter,

Maria

Last edited by Break String SpinElf on Mon May 23, 2016 11:15 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Making it slightly less crap.)

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 585
Armitage GUTS!!! : 72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maria Graceburt: Selected Letters & Writings AR 280-331

Post by Break String SpinElf on Sat May 21, 2016 9:10 am

Without further ado, here's part two: -

AR 280. 7th April.

Hello Mother & Father!

Garderobe is treating me well. I have had an enjoyable first week here at my new school. I must confess, for the first two days, after having been implanted with the nanomachines, I did feel a mite unwell, though I have adapted to them very well. I was certainly more fortunate than some of the girls: I know of at least five who were unable to leave their rooms in the dormitory for the first day or so!

Lessons are fine. I am doing well in physical education and history, though I need to work hard on other subjects, such as sewing and cookery. As it stands, I have been ranked as the number 2 Coral. My roommate is the number 3, a girl from Annam called Linh Ho. We get on very well and she helps me with some of my weaker subjects. In particular, she plays the piano very well, and is vastly superior to me with my occasionally passable efforts. It amazes me how fluently she can perform an étude or some such ridiculously complicated piece of music whilst my repertoire barely extends beyond Lutesian folk music and – I’m sorry to say – the odd bawdy beer hall number.

Linh & I are in the Star Class, one of two classes along with the Moon Class which comprise the Coral year. The number 1 Coral, Geneviève Laporte, is also in our class. She’s from Florince. As Corals, we are expected to serve as room attendants for members of the Pearl year and Linh & I serve the number 3 Pearl, Monica Julen. Monica onee-sama is from Chaldea and is a very kind person. I look forward to helping her as she’s always ready with some useful pointers about how to fit in at Garderobe.

Fitting in can be a problem for some of the girls: another girl in our class, Saeko Isidore, talks too much, especially when she’s doing something she doesn’t like. Just yesterday, as we were making the schoolyards spick & span in the morning, she started loudly informing everyone about how her roommate talks in her sleep, much to the said roommate’s chagrin. It may not have been so bad if Zoë-sensei had not been stood behind her, clearing her throat to get Saeko’s attention and hinting that she really ought to preserve her efforts for the job in hand. That in turn might not have been so bad had not Saeko left a bucket of water next to the pillar where Zoë-sensei had been standing. Unfortunately, Zoë-sensei of course proceeded to put her right foot right in it, and, after some hopping around, over she toppled. Which may not have been quite such a disaster had she not fallen flat on her back with her legs, the bucket still attached to her foot, in the air. Again, the situation was not mitigated by the fact that her dress had fallen, revealing her bloomers. Unfortunately, Zoë-sensei had chosen that particular day to wear the pair with red polka dots. You will be proud to hear that I successfully bit my lip (almost drawing blood) so as not to burst out laughing. Many of the other girls seemed to lack my self-discipline. Needless to say, Zoë-sensei turned bright red, a combination of righteous outrage & sheer, utter embarrassment, before storming off to inform the Principal of our misdeeds.

Speaking of the Principal, there is a rumour that she will be leaving at the end of this year. Sophia-sensei first became a teacher here at Garderobe over 50 years ago and has served as Principal for much of her time here. It would certainly be different without her. Imagine that! Serving as an Otome for so long! I am not sure whether I could do it. If I am fortunate enough to graduate, I could see myself getting too old for service within about ten years at the most.

That’s all for now. I hope all is well back in my beloved Lutesia. Please do tell me how you’re all getting on. Tell Pietro I love him and that his big sister misses him.

With my love,

Your daughter,

Maria

Last edited by Break String SpinElf on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Minor correction.)

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Sat May 21, 2016 9:11 am

Part three: -

AR 280. 15th April.

Hello Mother & Father!

I’m sorry to have to say that, due to my increasing commitments here at Garderobe (we get TONS of homework to do), I may be unable to write to you every week from now on. Please understand that I would like to, it’s just that there are quite a few subjects which are increasingly becoming revealed as weak points for me which I am aiming to improve on.

The other day, I finally had the chance to materialise! What’s more, I found that I was surprisingly good at it. I’ve always been rather stronger in terms of the physical aspects than some of the etiquette side of things, but it was great fun. Zoë-sensei (or, as Saeko has cruelly taken to calling her: “Doom-Bloomers”) seemed to sense that I would have a natural aptitude for butou as she chose me first! Naturally, I was to fight against her archenemy Saeko, whom I beat in short order. All in all, my first taste of the graceful performance of the Otome went well. Well, that is, apart from one unfortunate incident: when attempting to deliver a blow to the head of another girl, Kirsten Lǐ from Altai (one of Saeko’s allies: they sit together on the back row of our class), I drew back my staff, momentarily forgetting that my face was in the way until it was too late. Much to everyone’s enjoyment (including Zoë-sensei, who got even in the laughter suppression stakes), I managed to split open my nose but don’t worry! Nothing is broken, though it certainly feels that way. So, for the last couple of days, I’ve been distracted by the sight of a sticking plaster on my snout which always inevitably diverts my attention from other things.

I am still getting along well with Linh, who often prepares a lunchbox for me. I really ought to do it myself sometimes and prepare something for her in return, but I am wary that giving her a nasty bout of food poisoning may compromise our friendship. Geneviève on the other hand maintains a cordial distance from the other girls. As she’s the number 1 Coral, I feel as though I should try to do the same, though I simply enjoy fooling around (which happens far too often) with them too much. I am also really enjoying my work as Monica onee-sama’s room attendant. Unlike some of the other girls, who use their access to the Pearl onee-samas’ quarters as an excuse for a pillow fight (or so I’m told – if anyone is going to do so, it will inevitably be Saeko Isidore), much to the annoyance of their onee-sama, Linh & I find ourselves enjoying Monica onee-sama’s company. She will often prepare tea for us and ask how we are finding our formative weeks at the Academy. Any pillow fighting, it must be added, is instigated by her.

Monica’s best friend is Sylvie onee-sama, a girl from Florince, who is attended to by her countrywoman Geneviève and Han Belaya, another girl from Altai. Sylvie is the number 2 Pearl and is very much the opposite of Monica onee-sama: whilst Monica onee-sama is quite calm, with a mischievous streak, Sylvie onee-sama is something of an action girl with a fiery temper, though is fiercely loyal to her friends and takes good care of Geneviève & Han. She is also, Monica onee-sama tells me, an avid collector of dolls, which does not seem to match her personality at all.

Anyway, enough about me. How are you all? I always recall that the middle of April is the time when the flowers start to bloom in the mountains, which reminds me of when grandfather used to take me for long walks, pointing out all of the places protected from the worst of the weather where the pretty little flowers could grow and thrive despite all of the vastness of the mountains, the winds and the rains which buffet them. I always listened in wonder as he sat me on his knee, pointing out the shapes of the clouds and telling me about the fish in the streams and about the different types of rocks and trees. Back then, as a child, he seemed as old as the mountains themselves, and I thought he would last as long as them. It’s only now, when I am reminded of those times, that I realise how terribly I miss him.

Take care and please write, even though I may be unable to respond as your letters mean everything. It’s always great to hear about how life goes on in Lutesia even without me. Also, please tell Mrs. Walser that the “little buttercup” from down the lane says hello from distant Garderobe!

Thinking of you,

Your daughter,

Maria

Last edited by Break String SpinElf on Mon May 23, 2016 11:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Minor correction.)

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Sat May 21, 2016 4:34 pm

Don't worry folks, this will be the last one... at least for now.

AR 280. 22nd April.

Dear Diary,

It has now been confimed that Sophia-sama will be leaving Garderobe at the end of this school year. I understand that she plans to retire to an estate a family she is friendly with is donating for her purposes in Aries. Saeko says that, if she ever gets that old and is still serving as an Otome, someone ought to shoot her, and that she would gladly pay the assassin for their services. There are times when I would gladly pay them double to bring the act forwards by half a century. That girl really does talk too much. Which might not be so bad did she not babble on endlessly about childish things that no-one is remotely interested in. Just today we were cleaning the classroom when up she pipes, whining about how some girl from Moon Class, probably Miss Tsutaya, had been so dreadfully rude to her. Miss Tsutaya and Saeko go back a long way: they were allegedly childhood acquaintances back in Chaldea. I would aver that Miss Tsutaya, after a decade or so of having to put up with that high pitched droning on, finally tipped over the edge into the chasm of despair and told her to be quiet or else. That’s certainly the impression I get from Monica onee-sama: Miss Tsutaya serves as a room attendant for Hana onee-sama, Monica’s Trias colleague and Hana is apparently constantly complaining that she has to put up with Miss Tsutaya’s perennial frustrations about Saeko and her incessant jawing. I long for the day when I can face off against her again. I wonder whether nanomachines can cause missing teeth to regenerate.

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:23 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top