Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Longtime lurker, third time poster

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Longtime lurker, third time poster

Post by Break String SpinElf on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Hello to all of you wonderful people!

I'm a longtime lurker on this forum and, impressed by the quality of content you've managed to create, thought I'd probably ruin it all with my nonsensical meanderings join in.

A bit about myself: I first watched the shows some years ago and absolutely adored HiME. I admit I was less smitten by Otome (mainly because it wasn't HiME!!!) though, on repeated viewings, came to really appreciate its intricate political landscape, as well as its brilliant storyline. I'm currently concentrating on the Otome world (as that's what I'm rewatching after recently upgrading to DVD).

My original plan was to put some information on the Mai-verse on my (eternally under construction) website, having drafted quite a bit of material previously, though it may make more sense to contribute here (that way you can at least have a laugh at any glaring errors or misconceptions I choose to vent spleen about).

Anyway, just to say thanks for having me folks! Happy

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 447
Armitage GUTS!!! : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Longtime lurker, third time poster

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:42 pm

TheElf29 wrote:Hello to all of you wonderful people!

I'm a longtime lurker on this forum and, impressed by the quality of content you've managed to create, thought I'd probably ruin it all with my nonsensical meanderings join in.

A bit about myself: I first watched the shows some years ago and absolutely adored HiME. I admit I was less smitten by Otome (mainly because it wasn't HiME!!!) though, on repeated viewings, came to really appreciate its intricate political landscape, as well as its brilliant storyline. I'm currently concentrating on the Otome world (as that's what I'm rewatching after recently upgrading to DVD).

My original plan was to put some information on the Mai-verse on my (eternally under construction) website, having drafted quite a bit of material previously, though it may make more sense to contribute here (that way you can at least have a laugh at any glaring errors or misconceptions I choose to vent spleen about).

Anyway, just to say thanks for having me folks! Happy

Welcome to Mai-Multiverse, Elf! Thank you for your interest in the Mai-HiME/Otome series. We're a small, but passionate group. Otome is definitely better with repeat viewings. It had great imagination, direction and writing. Arguably better than HiME! Either way, the entire series spells excitement.

Good luck on your website! If you need any assistance, our moderators are ready to help! Just PM them any time! If all else fails, come to me.

Happy

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome Luu!

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:26 am

welcome to this nice Mai Hime forum elf-san ^.^
i hope we can be friends!

Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1335
Armitage GUTS!!! : 479

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:12 pm

Thanks for the welcome Ice-sama.

(Really regretting not having a GEM-related nickname now lol...)

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:21 am

TheElf29 wrote:Thanks for the welcome Luu!

You're quite welcome! Hug

TheElf29 wrote:Thanks for the welcome Ice-sama.

Actually, username changes are 100% free here in Mai-Multiverse. Ask me anytime!

Just don't make it a nasty habit like knuckle cracking or making paper mache puppets. Or else the members won't know what to call you.

laugh

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:21 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Actually, username changes are 100% free here in Mai-Multiverse. Ask me anytime!

Thanks Luu. Good to know. Think Hmm... Break String Spinelf? Pure Elf Malachite? Elfi-chin? Coral29 (like Arika after her solo "field trip" iirc)?

With this lack of inspiration, I think I'll stick for now... though I do need to remind myself that I'm not an extra in Lord of the Rings.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Just don't make it a nasty habit like knuckle cracking or making paper mache puppets. Or else the members won't know what to call you.

Noted. I'm more an empty-carton-in-the-fridge-leaver anyway. frustrated

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:07 am

Nice to meet you, Elf! Please enjoy your time as a poster, and not a lurker, and do not make the admin angry! Happy

Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9892
Armitage GUTS!!! : 592

View user profile http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome Natsuki - and for the advice!

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:52 am

TheElf29 wrote: Break String Spinelf?

THIS. THIS SO HARD IN THE BUTT!!! Viola

Just capitalize the "E' in elf for added effect and you're good to go! Happy With your permission, of course. Garderobe does follow protocol...most of the time.

Kuga Natsuki wrote:Nice to meet you, Elf! Please enjoy your time as a poster, and not a lurker, and do not make the admin angry! Happy

Oh, stop scaring the tiny elf. He is already getting the hang of things! Miss Maria

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:09 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Just capitalize the "E' in elf for added effect and you're good to go!  Happy With your permission, of course. Garderobe does follow protocol...most of the time.

I like it very much! Thanks Luu-sama! Happy

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kuga Natsuki wrote:Nice to meet you, Elf! Please enjoy your time as a poster, and not a lurker, and do not make the admin angry! Happy

Oh, stop scaring the tiny elf. He is already getting the hang of things! Miss Maria

*Gradually moves away from the dark alleyway in which he's been hiding. All the better to avoid falling princesses...*

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:08 pm

TheElf29 wrote:
I like it very much! Thanks Luu-sama!  Happy

Mikoto Minagi Wonderful! I'll change it right now! There will be an official announcement on the Announcements by The Five Columns thread. Again, so fellow MManiacs don't get confused. XD

TheElf29 wrote:*Gradually moves away from the dark alleyway in which he's been hiding. All the better to avoid falling princesses...*

And we have tons of them. Most of them are gayer than Shizuru. Trollface

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:53 pm

Welcome, welcome to the forum! It's a pleasure to meet you and if you have any questions about the forum or anything in general, please don't hesitate to ask :D

firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1522
Armitage GUTS!!! : 203

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome Firesphere!

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:17 pm

firesphere306 wrote:Welcome, welcome to the forum! It's a pleasure to meet you and if you have any questions about the forum or anything in general, please don't hesitate to ask :D

^ Kara (as well as Deppy) also takes signature commissions on occasion! So whenever you feel like adding company for Haruka-kicking-the-tank, PM her whenever she decides to open commissions!

She also takes artwork commission requests (as does wetochan)! You can find out how by clicking here (or main site, ShizNat Webs):

Shop and Commissions

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:52 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
firesphere306 wrote:Welcome, welcome to the forum! It's a pleasure to meet you and if you have any questions about the forum or anything in general, please don't hesitate to ask :D

^ Kara (as well as Deppy) also takes signature commissions on occasion! So whenever you feel like adding company for Haruka-kicking-the-tank, PM her whenever she decides to open commissions!

She also takes artwork commission requests (as does wetochan)! You can find out how by clicking here (or main site, ShizNat Webs):

Shop and Commissions

Thanks Luu. I shall bear this in mind. Also, I have to say I adore the website. It's obvious that a lot of dedication, time & effort has gone into it and you've gathered a lot of interesting information & fantastic resources.

Have to say, having checked out the commission charts, Kara & Deppy are both extremely accomplished artists. As someone whose graphic design talents extend as far as, er, gradients, I'm definitely awed! swoon

Last edited by Break String SpinElf on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added commendations.)

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Break String SpinElf wrote:
Thanks Luu. I shall bear this in mind. Also, I have to say I adore the website. It's obvious that a lot of dedication, time & effort has gone into it and you've gathered a lot of interesting information & fantastic resources.

Have to say, having checked out the commission charts, Kara & Deppy are both extremely accomplished artists. As someone whose graphic design talents extend as far as, er, gradients, I'm definitely awed! swoon

Thank you! It's amazing that it's been nearly six years since ShizNat Webs was put up. It's attached to a 20 year hosting deal, so it'll be up forever. Shizuru and Natsuki is a landmark couple that will never go away, no matter how many new show couples enter my life.

HAHA! You're like me, I cannot draw anything to save my life. I once drew a stick figure of Mai Tokiha to parody the famous Portal logo, but nothing more complicated. I leave that up to my fiancee and my entire team. lol

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:44 pm

*waltzes in and showers you with blue roses* Flirt

Greetings, Sir/Madam/Fellow Human Entity! :3
I must apologize for being so late to this welcoming party. By now, you probably know how the forum works and operates, so I won't repeat myself. However, I will add that it's not only the Five Columns you can ask for assistance. We are a friendy bunch, so, if you need any help with something, be it screenshot hunting, fanfic/fanart hunting or something personal, I and many others are willing to help. :3
I am Zweifel, the long-term resident of this place, and a fan of all TakuAki things. Ivenetta-Zweifel was my previous username, so, if you see anyone referencing an Ivey of some sorts, it's most likely me. Zwei is the accepted nickname, although I welcome versions and alterations of any kind, so, if you feel adventurous... *shrugs* be creative. :3 I am the one being weird and rambley around here, as well as being the one to ship everything unpopular and generally have non-standard opinions, so I mostly lurk around in discussion topics.
Aaaaaaaaaaanyway. Welcome to the forum! There is more than a decent chance we will not meet on the ShizNat sections of this forum (as the pairing gives me all kinds of not-good shivers), however, I am sure we can become good friends nonetheless. :3
So, yeah. The Blessing of Zweifel has been granted upon thee!

*waltzes out*

Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Bubuzuke points : 1180
Armitage GUTS!!! : 337

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Hello Zwei & many thanks for the welcome & intro. Happy

Liking the Arashi pics (if I'm not very much mistaken, which I probably am).

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:41 pm

I am giving you all the cookies in the world for recognising her! Yes, it is indeed my precious daughter Arashi Dai Artai in her Nagi clothes. :3

Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Bubuzuke points : 1180
Armitage GUTS!!! : 337

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:34 pm

It is still unknown to this day whether or not Zwei-Tits actually gave physical birth to Dai Artai...:'''3

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:20 pm

Break String SpinElf wrote:Thanks for the welcome Ice-sama.

not true?? :/
you already have one? lol

Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1335
Armitage GUTS!!! : 479

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:35 pm

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:
Break String SpinElf wrote:(Really regretting not having a GEM-related nickname now lol...)

not true?? :/
you already have one? lol

Indeed - thanks to the wonderful Luu-sama, who responded to my request as quickly as Mikoto downs a bowl of Mai's noodles... Happy seconds anyone?

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:49 pm

Mikoto Minagi THIRDS IF POSSIBLE!

Wendi would never change her name. The Gakuenchou's GEM title is too perfect. Wink Just keep winning points at the Mai-HiME Guessing Game for a new rank!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top