Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Comic Book DC - Marvel Heroes Discussion/Reviews!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Defiant wrote:Lol, you are lucky that you just can walk into shop and buy original...I be a pirate(well, one guy passes me a download links for scans) cuz there is like one or two bookstores in Prague where sometimes you can find older Batman/Superman issues, of course they have plenty of comic novels like Batman: Year One but not the regular outgoing stuff.

I liked most of the stories and characters except Red Hood and the Outlaws...to put ex-Green Arrow sidekick who was addicted to heroin together with half-psycho Jason Todd is really not a good idea + what pissed me most they basicaly destroyed Starfire´s character...I mean she doesn´t even remember Titans although she was one of the most loyal, warmhearted and never to betray kinda of Titan. Now she is just...

So comics are not up to speed at your country? Interesting, then again it was the same way when I visited Brazil and Peru. Both had comics from way back when. O_O; Kinda like their television programming.

They really did that to Starfire? Wow...but what do you expect, dude? The New 52 aims to reinvent it's roster of heroes and villains, even if we may not like it. XD DC even admits they're AU stories, so try not to get too offended by Starfire's revamping. Wait and see what they do with it. o_o

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

So comics are not up to speed at your country? Interesting, then again it was the same way when I visited Brazil and Peru. Both had comics from way back when. O_O; Kinda like their television programming.

Don´t get me wrong it is not like my country lives in the 80s but it is really not very common for parent to give child a comics book so people get to things around it like cartoons on TV or films in cinema but not to comic-books themselfs. It is still not-completely underground thing but we are still nowhere things like comic-con; we have Festival of Fantasy, PragueCon and stuff like that but still by pretty large percent of population comics are things for little kids, same goes with anime or any fantasy/scifi that their mind just cannot handle. But with internet I think that percentage will go a lot smaller within next generations (yea, thats trekie in me quoting :]).

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
They really did that to Starfire? Wow...but what do you expect, dude? The New 52 aims to reinvent it's roster of heroes and villains, even if we may not like it. XD DC even admits they're AU stories, so try not to get too offended by Starfire's revamping. Wait and see what they do with it. o_o

Lol, trying to (actualy the 2nd issue wasn´t so bad)...it is just - why did they have to change her character so drasticaly, I mean Tamaranians were never like described in this comic...why completely destroy one already existing character instead of just creating a new one (it works in other comics).

Otherwise I think DC made intresting teams...pretty excited about next Justice League, WW is up to join the club (Bats, Sups, GL and Flash already in) =)

Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83

View user profile http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by BubuzukeOnna on Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Regarding the reboot 52... what do you guys think about the changes they made to Amanda Waller?

As far as mainstream super heroes go, I've always liked Batman. Despite some of the fairly poignant opinion essays I've read against him, I still have always liked the idea of a guy who can get hurt, who has to train to keep his physique and stamina, and doesn't really have any super power advantage (unless you count being rich as a super power level of advantage...it might be?).

Otherwise, I'm not that into super heroes outside of seeing movies from time to time. My comic book preference is more towards DC's Vertigo line. Warren Ellis is a favorite. I adore Spider Jerusalem and his Filthy Assistants - Channon Yarrow and Helena Rossini. Unapologetic hedonist anti-heroes... mmmmm.

And of course, Alan Moore is pure genius.

BubuzukeOnna
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 88
Armitage GUTS!!! : 39

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 pm

BubuzukeOnna wrote:Regarding the reboot 52... what do you guys think about the changes they made to Amanda Waller?

Sex sells. :3 Sister looks fine now, though obviously went through a slim fast diet to draw more readers. Oh DC, how could you?

DC: How could we NOT?

The New 52 line up isn't as bad as people say; though they have taken a bit too many liberties. 52's Wonder Wonder contains more action sequences than heavy self-discovery plots found in The *New* Wonder Woman aka Wonder Woman with PANTS. Doesn't make it a bad read, especially when you factor in Cliff Chiang's artwork.

The most well executed of the 52 series belongs to Supergirl, reinventing her origins with a lot of twists and turns. Very awesome and well done in terms of art and pacing.

And of course, Alan Moore is pure genius.

You can say that again. booze

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Oh Anne Hathaway, loved you in The Princess Diaries films and you had the greatest set of tits in Havoc. Catwoman...you are not. Yet.

Tough acts cannot be taken for granted; nor followed. Life's a bitch and so am I. >:3
Anne Hathaway's catwoman was pleasing to watch, that's for sure xD Her Catwoman is different compared to Michelle Pfeiffer's, but it's still good.

Now, returning to comic books...
I'm still trying to get used to Nightwing's change. I love the overall change to his costume, from a unitard to an armored full body suit. But what I can't get used to is the fact that the Nightwing symbol went from Blue to Red.

I don't like it T____T

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:58 pm

depression76 wrote:Anne Hathaway's catwoman was pleasing to watch, that's for sure xD Her Catwoman is different compared to Michelle Pfeiffer's, but it's still good.

Now, returning to comic books...
I'm still trying to get used to Nightwing's change. I love the overall change to his costume, from a unitard to an armored full body suit. But what I can't get used to is the fact that the Nightwing symbol went from Blue to Red.

I don't like it T____T

It is different as expected. I didn't expect the same performance, but I just felt Anne took steps back instead of forward. Her Catwoman (never referred to as 'Catwoman') felt like she was just there. In the middle of the Rocky III inspired storyline of TDKR, she just didn't fit other than to be a love interest. There were dynamics, but not enough to satisfy that sexual tension that is famous between the two characters in the comics and Batman Returns.

I didn't enjoy The Dark Knight Rises for a multitude of reasons and strangely consider The Dark Knight the better Nolan film. The trailer gave away the entire movie, resulting in me calling everything that was going to happen. Even Mr. Blake was a dead give away; as shades of Chris O'Donnell rose from the ashes. The only thing I KINDA didn't see coming was...
Spoiler:
Miranda as Talia al Ghul. Then again, I was suspicious since her first appearance.

If I find time to review TDKR, I will. I have a lot to say regarding plot holes, inconsistencies, and personal nit picks. Bale's Batman hates murder, but falls for a murderer? Groundbreaking.

All that I can say for now is that I still prefer Burton Batman films by miles. That I can appreciate The Dark Knight a little more, at least that film felt like it can stand on it's own. Most of all, TDKR made me appreciate Batman Forever a lot more. I miss the fun and cheese from superhero films and we kinda got that in the stupid, but fun Avengers. The Post 9/11 downbeat era is wearing thin. If I want to enjoy a crime drama, Rizzoli & Isles is the way to go. :)

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:51 pm

Batman, Spiderman, The Hulk, The Thing, Ironman, The Punisher, Thor, Raven, Gambit, Starfire and more.

Oh and I do love Catwoman. <3

Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 733
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

View user profile http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Savage Wolverine issue #2

Somehow, Frank Cho's "Savage Wolverine" slipped under my radar. Sure, Wolverine themed story arcs aren't my preferred read, but this one has potential in it's two available issues. This mini series features Wolverine and Shanna the She-Devil. Shanna happens to be my favorite jungle girl of all time, she's a welcome addition to the story in every way.

Issue #2 really highlights the chemistry between Logan and Shanna. It's not a romance chemistry, thank goodness. The two warriors interact playfully like brother and sister. In a strange way, you could see these two as siblings. They're both strong, smell their surroundings and fight quite savagely. Pun intended. Seriously, the writing stays true to both characters in every panel. For instance, there's a scene where our heroes run into a group of dinosaurs eating their meal. Wolverine suggests that they stay together to sneak away, but Shanna leaves him behind to get attacked as bait. Shanna returns to rescue Logan, killing all the unsuspecting dinos. Not only does it make sense for Shanna to work out a strategy, it's brilliant writing knowing her plan required someone with healing factor. She knew Logan couldn't be killed by these things, using their hunger to her advantage. Seeing Wolverine baffled by Shanna's methods is so refreshing in every sense of the word. Shanna is on top of things in the Savage Land, a place she knows too well. Wolverine acting as her bumbling sidekick may piss some fans off, but it's good to have a poster child, yet alone an immensely popular poster child, show some vulnerability.

During Wolverine and Shanna's journey, another character shows up in the Savage Land. Not familiar with him, but he uses a defense system codenamed "Charlie" to attack the local neanderthals. Using a Universal Translator, the mysterious fellow translates languages of the local neanderthals, tricking them into believing he is a g-o-d. Pfft, whatever. This guy looks like he'll be our resident antagonist with her cocky attitude, but since his character feels out of place in the story of Wolverine teaming with Shanna, I don't care about him until he runs into our title characters.

The artwork for these two issues are really nice. Wolverine doesn't look overly exaggerated as he normally does in modern comics. You know, the very short, yet bulky rugby player look. Shanna is another eye catcher, the woman is a work of art in every panel she's in. The full body shots really look fantastic, defining her muscle build to it's finest. She isn't put out there to be sexy, the art shows her revealing attire as normal and not to distract the reader. The backgrounds of the Savage Land, including dinosaur designs are well done.

Wolverine and Shanna fans will enjoy issue #1 and #2. It's nothing vastly new for a whole new audience, I just take it as a really interesting crossover. It's not the first time Wolverine had treks through the Savage Land though. Still, this was a match made in heaven and I hope it continues as long as possible. Shanna hasn't got much attention in quite some time, so seeing Wolverine be her bitch made me believe *I* made this in some alternate reality. Wink

Rating: Kuroch Kuroch Kuroch Kuroch /5

4 out of 5 Kurochs.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:Not that bad, but I think it does not deserve an Oscar in comparison to the films it was up against, and I must admit that The Dark Knight Rises is a guilty pleasure (I am a huge Bane fan).

Eh, Bane was better in Batman & Robin. At least he was somewhat more accurate (pro wrestler mask, venom, tubes, Latino...) and he had the decency to know that his film was also a "BOOOOOOMMMMMMMB!"

I never thought I would hear that,
Just because Bane was a Wrestler mask wearing psycho didn't mean he wasn't vastly intelligent, and scheming, I suggest reading knightfall, I was annoyed that the Movie's Bane wasn't latino, but to be fair in Batman and Robin he was white. If you gave the mind of the Dark Knight Rises' Bane to B&R Bane I could see your argument, but Batman & Robin Bane was mindless and subservient, two things Bane never was

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3740
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:01 am

Knightfall is all you need, really. I can accept that Bane was off in Batman and Robin, but I can't accept him as a worthy representation TDKR. Remember, Nolan's Bane was subservient to Talia al Ghul ("the big twist"!). I guess Nolan needed to tip his hat to Joel Schumacher too. =)

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:41 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Knightfall is all you need, really. I can accept that Bane was off in Batman and Robin, but I can't accept him as a worthy representation TDKR. Remember, Nolan's Bane was subservient to Talia al Ghul ("the big twist"!). I guess Nolan needed to tip his hat to Joel Schumacher too. =)

Not as much, Bane was still freethinking in TDKR, and you could see he genuinely cared for Talia's well being, I mean he lost his face to save her.

I saw the presence of Bane was accurate, his men both feared and respected him, he was larger and more menacing than them, extremely intelligent, ominous, plotting, and easily overpowering Batman in combat,

(and without Venom he suffers extreme pain, much like without the mask he would suffer extreme pain...a nod to the original)

Schumacher's Bane?
"BAAAAAAAAAAAANE!"
He was a glorified Bag-boy for Poison Ivy, would someone explain why Poison Ivy would even want to think about getting in the pants of Mr. Freeze, or why Mr. Freeze was played by Arnold? Hell, why would Bane follow any of them? and why would Freeze have an army of Ice Skaters? Mr. Freeze was generally only High Profile when his chilling wife was in danger or when someone backstabbed him,

and As a huge fan of Mr. Freeze, I feel like Schumacher's Batman & Robin raped not one, but two of my favorite villains, Schumacher was trying to make kids films, while Nolan is making adult films, that is one way to see it...

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Not as much is enough for a fair comparison. :) I don't like Bane as a whole as much as you, so I don't see any incarnation to remain neutral with. I do give the beast credit in breaking Batman's back in Knightfall only. At the time, it was without a doubt, show stealing to see Batman manhandled like that.

Maybe someday, another director will do justice to Bane. Then again, I haven't seen a top quality Batman film since Batman Returns, so I can't expect much from future installments. Then there's Man of Steel. A change of subject, but I cannot wait to say "I told you so" to everyone. Wink

I don't care if Henry Cavill is banging the hotness that is Gina Carano, Christopher Reeve defines Superman in character and in motion pictures. 8) Can we make Wonder Woman a reality instead? Kind of sick of Supes and Bats here.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Personally all I want is a Witchblade movie

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:06 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:Personally all I want is a Witchblade movie

Witchblade would be awesome, I agree.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:23 pm

They were originally going to make the film in 2009, then it got delayed, then cancelled It depressed me...

What are your feelings on a Teen Titans movie, because rumors are stirring

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:38 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:They were originally going to make the film in 2009, then it got delayed, then cancelled It depressed me...

Never heard about that one, although I did hear a rumor for a live action Lady Death film.

Teen Titans? Eh, I'm not that much of a fan. I'm more of Legion of Super Heroes guy myself. If Teen Titans becomes a film, I'd rather it be something along the lines of The Avengers film than the 2000s cartoon series it's based on.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:They were originally going to make the film in 2009, then it got delayed, then cancelled It depressed me...

Never heard about that one, although I did hear a rumor for a live action Lady Death film.

Teen Titans? Eh, I'm not that much of a fan. I'm more of Legion of Super Heroes guy myself. If Teen Titans becomes a film, I'd rather it be something along the lines of The Avengers film than the 2000s cartoon series it's based on.

I agree with you there, I remember picking up my first teen titans comic, someone had their eyes torn out in it, yeah it needs to be more like the avengers than the 2000s series

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:39 am

bump 

Uh oh...the next big controversy. The comments are ridiculous:

Andrew Garfield Suggests Michael B. Jordan as Spider-Man's … Boyfriend?

^ My stance is as follows: So? Spider-Man being gay doesn't really hurt the character. Peter was always a wisecracking flamboyant and charismatic smart-ass, it fits nicely. It isn't bastardization (like Superman in 'Man of Steel') when the sexuality is different. Only when the core of the character is tampered with (again, like Henry Cavill in Man of Steel) :)

"Spider-Man can't be gay! HE JUST CAN'T!"

For what it's worth...

Spoiler:
ellen LIVE WITH IT!!! ellen 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:19 pm

bump

http://news.yahoo.com/supergirl-costume-revealed-first-photos-melissa-benoist-cbs-210036618.html

Melissa Benoist

Helen Slater from Supergirl 1984

Melissa Benoist dons the Supergirl costume (compared with shots of Helen Slater's Supergirl) and...it looks good! It's basically the one from the underrated 1984 film, only darker. I would of been okay with the New 52 costume, too, but this is great! Now, all the show has to do is deliver on story, characters and all that good shit. You can do it, DC. You gotta crawl before you walk, and Supergirl is the best way to show that you can make a good show.

Melissa herself is lovely, btw (in that petite way). I miss Helen Slater and her perfect blond hair, though. She is so gorgeous.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:24 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
bump

http://news.yahoo.com/supergirl-costume-revealed-first-photos-melissa-benoist-cbs-210036618.html

Melissa Benoist

Helen Slater from Supergirl 1984

Melissa Benoist dons the Supergirl costume (compared with shots of Helen Slater's Supergirl) and...it looks good! It's basically the one from the underrated 1984 film, only darker. I would of been okay with the New 52 costume, too, but this is great! Now, all the show has to do is deliver on story, characters and all that good shit. You can do it, DC. You gotta crawl before you walk, and Supergirl is the best way to show that you can make a good show.

Melissa herself is lovely, btw (in that petite way). I miss Helen Slater and her perfect blond hair, though. She is so gorgeous.

I really want to try and watch this new Supergirl movie. I remember watching the film and liking it so much. The new actress, Melissa looks promising as the new Supergirl, I will be sure to give it a try!

firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1522
Armitage GUTS!!! : 203

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:53 pm

firesphere306 wrote:
I really want to try and watch this new Supergirl movie. I remember watching the film and liking it so much. The new actress, Melissa looks promising as the new Supergirl, I will be sure to give it a try!

I'm bringing the 1984 Supergirl film to your place in May. It's an underrated gem. If the new Supergirl series turns out just as good, if not better, than that is just icing on the cake.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:50 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
firesphere306 wrote:

I'm bringing the 1984 Supergirl film to your place in May. It's an underrated gem. If the new Supergirl series turns out just as good, if not better, than that is just icing on the cake.

YAY!!! I can't wait to see this! Fingers crossed for the new show being good!

firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:39 pm

firesphere306 wrote:

high five Totally!

By the way, what comic book related media are you into, Kara?

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:20 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
firesphere306 wrote:

high five  Totally!

By the way, what comic book related media are you into, Kara?

I do! I use to read Batman, Superman, and X-Men comic books. I also read comic books/Graphic Novel's of shows that I watch. Orphan Black has one now and I have been meaning to read Xena as well.

firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:30 am

firesphere306 wrote:
I do! I use to read Batman, Superman, and X-Men comic books. I also read comic books/Graphic Novel's of shows that I watch. Orphan Black has one now and I have been meaning to read Xena as well.

SHOOT! I was supposed to show you my Xena comic collection while you were here, but I completely forgot! XD You would of loved them. Not sure if they're canon or not; Topps and Dark Horse did their own line up, so I would think not. Still, they're an  enjoyable read (adding some Xena x Gabby maintext doesn't hurt either).

Can I see some scans of the Orphan Black comic series? Happy

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top