Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

RWBY Series by Monty Oum

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RWBY Series by Monty Oum

Post by Natsukichan1 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:10 am

midori's crazy398 wrote:I wonder what character she's based on, and if she's a true OC that's even cooler 0-0

She's being based on neopolitan ice cream xDDDD

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1219
Armitage GUTS!!! : 166

View user profile http://xxserichanxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:53 am

Natsukichan1 wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:I wonder what character she's based on, and if she's a true OC that's even cooler 0-0

xD wtf? are you serious?

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2592
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

View user profile http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:45 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:
Natsukichan1 wrote:

xD wtf? are you serious?

Uhh yes I am xD Happy

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Finally watched all of Rooster Teeth's RWBY season one. I enjoyed it for the most part. The 3D character models are great, but the world it's set in is a bit of an acquired taste. Upsetting on so many levels, because I see what they're trying to do and I guess the budget is smaller than I thought.

Fortunately, the charming characters make up for it. Even Jaune Arc, who reminds me of wussy Tidus from Final Fantasy X. Unlike Tidus, he does develop fast...perhaps a bit too fast and that's my major gripe with the season. I get that they're short web shorts and all, though it could slow down on the character building. It's like the show was made for people with low attentions spans. It's sad, as there are a lot of lovable characters and side characters who could use deeper exploring (20 minutes each of it). I must say the action sequences are top notch, very well done by the studio team.

Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang are a lot of fun to watch; they exhibit a lot of charm. The banter between them is really clever; like the whole Weiss and Blake ordeal in the last episode I watched. Conflict and prejudice divided them for a while. Out of the main four, I'm into Ruby. In the tradition of Usagi Tsukino and Arika Yumemiya, we get another small heroine with enough compassion, drive and leadership ability to be respected by the viewer. Furthermore, she is such a delight! Lindsay Jones gives her a wonderful energy filled with innocent and determined, "WE CAN DO DIS, GIRLS!" attitude.

For secondary characters, Pyrrha has to be my favorite. She's helpful, intelligent, witty and shows marks of an honorable human being all around. Plus she's quite heterosexual, so it's nice to see a character have strong token straight girl aroma. The rest are all so subtexty! Yeah, I know Nora is also a straight girl, but omg...

"I'm Queen of the Castle!"

frustrated

It's not about being annoying. It's line itself and the way it was said! So cringe worthy. Overall, I enjoyed RWBY. It would be more effective as a 20 minutes episode series, for the sake of it's characters and implied mythos. It reminds me of My-HiME/Otome are times, even taking a few cues from My-Otome mixed with it's classic fairytale DNA ("Grimm"? Hello! Hint much?). RWBY is a good series, with likable characters, creatures and battle sequence. For what it is, I recommend it. To reach greater heights, though, I strongly recommend a remake to flesh the world and girls out a lot more. What we get for now is a creative and fun romp that's played on fast forward.

Luu Sky Sapphire rates RWBY (so far...I'm aware that season 2 is out):

Gakuenchou Gakuenchou Gakuenchou / Gakuenchou Gakuenchou Gakuenchou Gakuenchou Gakuenchou

Three Gakuenchous out of Five.
-Recommended-

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 pm

I am so happy that you enjoyed RWBY :'D

True some of the parts could be better, but they've been doing well with such small budget.

Volume 2 is 12 minutes per episodes, but only 12 eps in return. Hope to see your review of Vol 2 soon x)

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:57 am

depression76 wrote:I am so happy that you enjoyed RWBY :'D

True some of the parts could be better, but they've been doing well with such small budget.

Volume 2 is 12 minutes per episodes, but only 12 eps in return. Hope to see your review of Vol 2 soon x)

Welp, depression xD I didn't know you were a RWBY-Fan X'DDD Well, more to know now^^

If you're speaking of RWBY... what's your opinion on "World of Remnant"? I assume you alredy saw them, right?

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:02 pm

Natsukichan1 wrote:

Welp, depression xD I didn't know you were a RWBY-Fan X'DDD Well, more to know now^^

If you're speaking of RWBY... what's your opinion on "World of Remnant"? I assume you alredy saw them, right?

Lol I'm the one who created this thread after all :p I'm more active in the rwby fandom on tumblr since I draw rwby arts there too.

WoR is really great I guess, I like the first episode more than the second one, the thing about the kingdoms is something that almost everybody on tumblr had found out just from the series so it was like a waste of episode ^^.

They could have explained more about dust (ep 1 was great because of this) or semblance and aura since they're what people have been asking about the most xD. They could also explain more about the Schnee company since all we've seen so far are their products but nothing about the company as a whole. But then again they only have like 4 minuteish the most so they can only pick and choose what to explain about :'3

and im rambling ahaha.

Hbu? Opinions on WoR?

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:14 pm

depression76 wrote:
Natsukichan1 wrote:

Lol I'm the one who created this thread after all :p I'm more active in the rwby fandom on tumblr since I draw rwby arts there too.

WoR is really great I guess, I like the first episode more than the second one, the thing about the kingdoms is something that almost everybody on tumblr had found out just from the series so it was like a waste of episode ^^.

They could have explained more about dust (ep 1 was great because of this) or semblance and aura since they're what people have been asking about the most xD. They could also explain more about the Schnee company since all we've seen so far are their products but nothing about the company as a whole. But then again they only have like 4 minuteish the most so they can only pick and choose what to explain about :'3

and im rambling ahaha.

Hbu? Opinions on WoR?

Hhahaa... oh well didn't notice that XDDDD Forgive me xD
You draw? I wanna see xD

Yeah I liked the first episode more. As you said, most tumblr user alredy know much about the kingdoms. I was really dissappointed of this WoR Ep. It was good, but unnecassary really. I liked Ep. 1 way more^^

I seriously wanna know more of the SDC because Weiss xD I wanna know why she has this fu... up personality?? And why are they producing dust and stuff xD

Hey I'm rambling too so don worry xD

Like I said before, the basic idea of WoR is great, but they should listen to the fans a bit more, so they don't do such episodes as ep.2 :)

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Natsukichan1 wrote:
Hhahaa... oh well didn't notice that XDDDD Forgive me xD
You draw? I wanna see xD

Yeah I liked the first episode more. As you said, most tumblr user alredy know much about the kingdoms. I was really dissappointed of this WoR Ep. It was good, but unnecassary really. I liked Ep. 1 way more^^

I seriously wanna know more of the SDC because Weiss xD I wanna know why she has this fu... up personality?? And why are they producing dust and stuff xD

Hey I'm rambling too so don worry xD

Like I said before, the basic idea of WoR is great, but they should listen to the fans a bit more, so they don't do such episodes as ep.2 :)

Ahaha, just click on my tumblr link in my signature, and then click 'my art' on the navigation, it'll lead you there :'3

And yep yep! Episode one was really informative, like the dust-embedded dress? Turns out
Spoiler:
CINDER had one in the upcoming episodes! xDD
it was a really nice foreshadowing.

Yeahhh I wanna know more about Weiss too. So far only JAUNE JAUNE JAUNE that's been getting more and more screen time and I'm like =____= Blake and Weiss has been getting more than Ruby and Yang too which is kinda meh since you know, we're also interested in the sisters too! D:

Also too much heterosexual agenda.

Lol yea they should listen but then they have to pick and choose :'D coz if they keep listening to the fans we'll have another queerbait episode fiasco. Like how the fans want the big four pairing of the girls and we're given them in episode 4...and then they shove the
Spoiler:
Sun/Blake, Jaune/Pyrrha and Nep/Weiss
in the next episodes .__.

It's starting to feel like Korra where the romance is starting to ruin the plot....

More plot, less romance, MORE RWBY girls bonding :'DDD

i have a lot to say about this lmao

A lot of spoiler boxes since some of the peeps hasn't seen vol 2 xDDD

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Happy Tell me, did the budget increase for Volume 2?

Yes, I enjoyed RWBY a lot! I'll be looking forward to the next season, even if not much progresses in term of story. The story really isn't that spectacular. This is the kind of series that has uber fun characters to spend time with. I'd hate to watch this series without Ruby's perky ways and Yang's sass. XD

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Happy Tell me, did the budget increase for Volume 2?

Yes, I enjoyed RWBY a lot! I'll be looking forward to the next season, even if not much progresses in term of story. The story really isn't that spectacular. This is the kind of series that has uber fun characters to spend time with. I'd hate to watch this series without Ruby's perky ways and Yang's sass. XD
Ah yea, I think the budget increased a lot in the time between vol 1 and vol 2. They were able to sell a LOT of merch thanks to RWBY's viral fame (and RT being a small company profits a lot from their merch i heard) and with that they manage to get a few more helping hands on board. So the quality and quantity raised significantly. You'll see the difference once you watch vol 2, like, the background people are actually 'people' and the environments got a lot more details.

RWBY's getting localized by Warner Bros Japan next year and an official game is in development, so hopefully by the time Season 2 rolls around, we'll be able to get something like 20minutes episode thanks to the budget increase.

Lol yea, I have to admit the story isn't anything spectacular. I agree with you in that the thing that makes this series fun to watch is the characters xD And also, for me, the weapons and the fight scenes. Monty Oum is known for his badass fighting scenes, and episode 8 of Volume one proves that oh so much ;w;

Hope you'll watch volume 2 soon! it's gonna end sometimes in November so you'll be able to catch up!

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:37 pm

depression76 wrote:Ah yea, I think the budget increased a lot in the time between vol 1 and vol 2. They were able to sell a LOT of merch thanks to RWBY's viral fame (and RT being a small company profits a lot from their merch i heard) and with that they manage to get a few more helping hands on board. So the quality and quantity raised significantly. You'll see the difference once you watch vol 2, like, the background people are actually 'people' and the environments got a lot more details.

RWBY's getting localized by Warner Bros Japan next year and an official game is in development, so hopefully by the time Season 2 rolls around, we'll be able to get something like 20minutes episode thanks to the budget increase.

Lol yea, I have to admit the story isn't anything spectacular. I agree with you in that the thing that makes this series fun to watch is the characters xD And also, for me, the weapons and the fight scenes. Monty Oum is known for his badass fighting scenes, and episode 8 of Volume one proves that oh so much ;w;

Hope you'll watch volume 2 soon! it's gonna end sometimes in November so you'll be able to catch up!

There's a lot of potential within the series. It borrows (unintentionally) the Element abilities from Mai-HiME/Otome and the cheesy high school writing/dialogue from Italian magical girls like Winx Club (only RWBY is a lot better than the latter. *A LOT* ) It's become it's own quirky little show where, as you said, the battles and characters shine the most. The video game better be good! An RPG or Diablo style game would be appropriate for this series, meh thinks.

The budget will grow albeit slowly, yeah. Honestly, the way volume 1 looked didn't bother me THAT much. Aesthetics of any series don't matter, as long as the product itself delivers in the most important areas like story, music, characters and all that jazz. I'm strongly invested in Team RWBY and Pyrrha the most; that's plenty a reasons for me to continue.  Arika Yumemiya

I'll try to catch up! XD I HATE watching series online these days (Sailor Moon Crystal being the exception because, come on, it's Sailor Moon! To Luu, Sailor Moon is Michael Jackson and RWBY is the talented new up and comer superstar who still needs to earn his stripes!), main reason why I'm behind on The Legend of Korra. Don't worry, I will get around to it. It'll help once RWBY Volume 2 is on store shelves.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Anyone else see the Season 2 Finale?

if so, what does everyone think of Team CFVY

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:42 am

Midori Sugiura wrote:Anyone else see the Season 2 Finale?

I saw it :3 My opinion on it will be given later this day soooo, well.

Team CFVY is badass Wink The song playing on the last episode is just awesome and Coco, COCOOOO !!!! :D

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:36 am

Natsukichan1 wrote:

Team CFVY is badass Wink The song playing on the last episode is just awesome and Coco, COCOOOO !!!! :D

COCO!

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:34 am

Midori Sugiura wrote:
Natsukichan1 wrote:

COCO!

*thumps up* YES :D Feels

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Coco's moves are pretty badass, but her "prepare to die" line was so cliche that it took away some coolness points for me.

Let's not forget another badass character that they introduced this volume:

:D

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8918
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:40 am

ookamidesu wrote:Coco's moves are pretty badass, but her "prepare to die" line was so cliche that it took away some coolness points for me.

ZWEI :D

(Blakes' comment: )

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:15 pm

Natsukichan1 wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:Coco's moves are pretty badass, but her "prepare to die" line was so cliche that it took away some coolness points for me.

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:51 am

Midori Sugiura wrote:
Natsukichan1 wrote:

I waited for that one Trollface

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:31 pm

I watched the 1st season and I enjoyed it a lot!!

My favorite pairing is YangxBlake. devious

I was waiting for season 2 to be complete so I wouldn't wait for a new chapter. :3
If only they made some pairings canon.

And I would have killed the guy that is a klutz. The one with the sword and that got bullied... ugh... so unworthy IMO.

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:21 pm

I had such a hard time finding RWBY season 2 on my birthday (which was the release day). So I ordered it from rightstuf two nights ago; so cannot wait to see more of Team RWBY! And Pyrrha...oh, my god, PYRRHA!!!!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:46 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I had such a hard time finding RWBY season 2 on my birthday (which was the release day). So I ordered it from rightstuf two nights ago; so cannot wait to see more of Team RWBY! And Pyrrha...oh, my god, PYRRHA!!!!

:D Pyrrha sure is nice but.... Ruby and Weiss will be always my favourite. These two are gaylords, so MUUUUCH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Luu.... how about some RWBY Smileys for the forum?

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Natsukichan1 wrote:
:D Pyrrha sure is nice but.... Ruby and Weiss will be always my favourite. These two are gaylords, so MUUUUCH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ruby is my favorite character, don't get me wrong. Pyrrha is a close second to me, although I see her in a more intimate light. She's clearly heterosexual (and a total badass), so she appeals to me.

As gay as Ruby and Weiss are, I get a stronger queer vibe from Blake and Yang. XD I can literally smell the lesbian stench in any scene they're together in.

RWBY Smileys? Sure! It's time for some change in that department.. But first, I'd like to see worthy candidates. Perhaps you, Dye, ShezNek or anyone else out there can provide worthy ones. Let me see them, then we'll pick. Happy

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:45 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Natsukichan1 wrote:

Ruby is my favorite character, don't get me wrong. Pyrrha is a close second to me, although I see her in a more intimate light. She's clearly heterosexual (and a total badass), so she appeals to me.

As gay as Ruby and Weiss are, I get a stronger queer vibe from Blake and Yang. XD I can literally smell the lesbian stench in any scene they're together in.

RWBY Smileys? Sure! It's time for some change in that department.. But first, I'd like to see worthy candidates. Perhaps you, Dye, ShezNek or anyone else out there can provide worthy ones. Let me see them, then we'll pick. Happy

I dunno how to do them, but I'd say, that Scenes of Vol. 1 where Ruby "hugs" Weiss in the Emerald Forest

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next