Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

What book are you reading right now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What book are you reading right now?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:35 pm

study What are you reading right now?study 
---

I'm curious to know what books you're reading at this very moment! So mention your current reading material below and talk a little about it. Simple, ne?

I'm currently reading "Mosaic" by singer/songwriter Amy Grant.

While not a full biography on every aspect of the singing sensation's life, Amy shares crucial points of her life that have inspired her. She even shares a vast collection of poetry and lyrics from her songs to deal with life's unexpected surprises. She's a good person with a pure heart soul. She always spoke warmly of her friends and family. The best chapters have to be where she meets the kind homeless man and the old lady who is a huge fan of her husband (another performer).

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What book are you reading right now?

Post by Midori Sugiura on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:49 pm

I'm reading "House of Hades" by Rick Riordan

and balancing it out by re-reading George Orwell's "1984"

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Finished "Mosaic" earlier today. Beautiful book by Amy Grant. Everything she shares can help people deal with loss and how to find joy in an otherwise joyless world. I do not follow any kind of religion, but since her faith in Jesus made her a good person, I can admire and respect her even more.

---

Now I'm switching over to Mark Twain's own biography on Joan of Arc. Haven't read it in quite some time. This re-read was caused by my current play through of Jeanne D'Arc on PSP, haha! France has the best historical figures, imo. Joan of Arc and Marie Antoinette (though born Austrian) are undisputed leaders of this world's history.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:20 pm

I haven't read a book in a while but I'm currently powering through several light novels during my break times.

SAO light novels (stopping in volume 9 because the arc sucks), Monogatari light novels and Marimite light novels.

I bought this novel called the Storm Dancer a few months back but it turned out to be a bad purchase because the thing's beginning to shape like a bad fanfiction D':

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:24 pm

finished George Orwell's "1984" again,

beginning Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons

Midori Sugiura

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:56 pm

Finished Mark Twain's Joan of Arc yesterday morning. Now on "Home": A Memoir of My Early Years by Julie Andrews.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:29 am

I'm mostly just reading my own story over and over again as I write, though on Wattpad I've got a lot of stuff in my library. My favorite book that I'm reading now is called Hannac, though it's a sequel

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2592
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

View user profile http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Currently reading "A Little Bit Wicked", a short memoir by actress/singer Kristin Chenoweth, star of the hit Broadway musical "WICKED".

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:46 pm

bump

Currently reading Serena Williams: My Life. Queen of the Court and just started on Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

study

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:14 pm

Currently readin "Panzer Commander" by Hans Von Luck, might read the book I have on the Waffen SS next then move on to Battle of Brittain books.

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2592
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

View user profile http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Currently reading Marie-Therese, Child of Terror: The Fate of Marie Antoinette's Daughter

I'm obsessed with the history and life behind Queen Marie Antoinette, yet never ventured into the life of her daughter. Despite dabbling in Napoleon's reign in university and various documentaries. Marie Therese as a person is a combination of her mother's grace and the strong of her grandmother; Maria Theresa of Austria. The book deals with her life in prison during the Revolution and the hectic lifestyle she would lead once gaining freedom. Her noble attempts to revive the Bourbon Restoration, and do it justice this time. Not making the same mistake made in the past by royals. However, complications with marrying her cousins, dealing with Napoleon's rule, and the on-going feud with the leftover snakes of the Duc d'Orléans family.

My favorite moment of this extraordinary woman's life was when she stood her ground against Napoleon's forces by gathering loyal troops to defend in the name of the King. Though she eventually left on her own terms, to spare Bordeaux of any senseless carnage, Bonaparte himself gained respect for Marie Therese. He said and I quote:

"She's the only man in her family."

This woman was way ahead of her time. Her story is just as fascinating as her incredible mother; the late Queen of France. Highly recommended for anyone who thinks today's women are strong. Pfft! Please. Marie was an innovator.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Resurrectionising a suppurating old thread. Well, not actually that old, but well... it gives me a chance to go all Gothic on the good burgesses of this forum.

I'm currently reading through a book of walks around Glasgow called, appropriately enough, The Glasgow Guide: Guided Walks Through Old & New Glasgow by David Williams. Interesting stuff if you're into that, with plenty of useful info on the architecture of the city. Lets me imagine it as I've never been, and, if I ever did, if I'd be screwed if I had to ask for directions, as I tend to find the local twang so impenetrable as to be incomprehensible (this from a man who travelled 200 or so miles and required a translator to order a pizza). Anyone who can understand a Glaswegian in full flow is either Glaswegian or a linguist of the highest order.

Next up is The Examined Life: How We Lose and Find Ourselves by Stephen Grosz, a series of case studies from the author's career in psychoanalysis and the lessons he can impart therefrom. Ironically lent to me by a comrade from Clydebank. Near Glasgow.

Last edited by Break String SpinElf on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added title I couldn't remember before.)

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 586
Armitage GUTS!!! : 72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:15 am

At the moment, I'm reading The East Face of Helicon: West Asiatic Elements in Greek Poetry and Myth by the eminent classicist M.L. West.

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 586
Armitage GUTS!!! : 72

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:22 pm

I have only really been reading a few Chapters here and there of a couple manga series I'm keeping up to pace with. One of them is Fuuka, the other is Heart, and then I'm also reading through Naruto and Bleach, which is taking a life-time!  frustrated

I read study material too, but have kind of gotten away from it. At one time I was learning too much on stuff and it was making me depressed. For the most part, during alone-time, I only read manga Chapters.

ShadowMikoto
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 179
Armitage GUTS!!! : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top