Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Kill la Kill Discussion Thread

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kill la Kill Discussion Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:26 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:I just started watching this today, I'm up to ep 10, can't wait for ep 11 tomorrow

You sure work fast, Mi-Cray-Cray. What do you think of the series so far? A bit too over the top or awesome?

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:I just started watching this today, I'm up to ep 10, can't wait for ep 11 tomorrow

You sure work fast, Mi-Cray-Cray. What do you think of the series so far? A bit too over the top or awesome?

All i can say is, TTGL with talking clothes set in a f*cked up highschool ruled by a crazy bitch/badass...i love it (also Ryuuko is voiced by Shirley (Ami Koshimizu), that alone made me like it even more)

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2592
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

View user profile http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:27 am

That was the first I thought: "Hey, isn't that Shirley's voice-actor ?! Yaaaay!!" Really, I really acted like this xO

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1219
Armitage GUTS!!! : 166

View user profile http://xxserichanxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:08 pm

^ At first I thought it was Panty's voice from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, but then when I paid closer attention to the voice I knew it was Shirley, Ami Koshimizu's voice will always sound like that of a busty Liberion to me xD, my only question is, where's Lucchini? lol

@thread

Ep 11... DID THAT ENDING JUST HAPPEN?!

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:37 pm

She may look adorable, but don't be fooled. It could cost you an arm and a Fiber.

Luu Sky Sapphire Reviews: Kill la Kill Episode 11

WHAT. THE. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE.

Only I didn't say "fudge". I said THE word. The BIG one. The queen mother of dirty words. The F-DASH-DASH-DASH word that perfectly expresses how I felt during episode 11 of Kill la Kill. Brought to you by Ami Koshimizu, who not only can perfectly voice a pedophile loving adopted daughter (Mai-Otome's Nina Wáng) but also a violent stubborn mule such as Ryuko.

In this episode, the battle between Ryuko and Jakuzure rages on. This battle made me scream at the top of my lungs, it was the second most exciting clash in the series (Ryuko and Satsuki's premature fight being the top). Speaking of Lady Satsuki, Ryuko actually tries to murder her during the match! I like how she didn't flinch once. :'3 She knows her subtext lover all too well. After kicking Jakuzure's ass, the crowd calls for an encore which sets Jakuzure off into a Da Capo fury. Her upgraded form produces powerful sound waves that meddle with Ryuko and Senketsu's rhythm; Rendering him powerless. To counter this, Ryuko does something-something to manipulate the waves back at Jakuzure. With the marching brat defeated, Ryuko can finally get her revenge on Sanageyama for stomping her before. But just when the two were about to clash, a cutesy little girl from the opening scene interrupts the match.

Meet Nui Harime. Don't let those looks for you, she is extremely deadly. First she beats Sanageyama like he was NOTHING. It's like throwing weak little Pikachu at Sailor Galaxia, Sanageyama was garbage to this girl. It's then revealed that she was able to pull Sanageyama's Banshi out. The Banshi is the name of the Life Fiber that give Goku uniforms their abilities. Lady Satsuki isn't pleased with this girls presence, although there is not-so-subtle hints that these two are more than just acquaintances...:''''''3 If you know what I'm saying. The surprises simply don't stop here as Nui-chan pulls out her own weapon....THE OTHER HALF OF RYUKO'S SCISSOR BLADE!

...I'm not done yet. CHECK THIS: SHE REVEALS HERSELF TO BE THE ONE WHO MURDERED RYUKO'S FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something I'm doubtful about, but it doesn't matter now. This reveal sends Ryuko into a murderous rage....BIIIIIITCH!!!!! Ryuko is clearly going to lose to this monster. Nui was able to speed blitz behind Ryuko and Ryuko took a few seconds to finally notice.

My head hurts from all the screaming, fighting and reveals in this episode. It's the same effects you get after drinking constantly at a party, only to wake up and know that it's safe to take medication. Kill la Kill Episode 11 can go in several different routes with the introduction of Nui Harime. We're looking at a 26 episode series here, guys. Even if this was announced ahead of time, I didn't know.

Mako's an Underachiever! AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

+ Amazing battle.
+ REVEALS!!!
+ Yuri subtext!
+ Sanageyama got his ass kicked!
+ Nui-chan...you earned my respect.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:43 pm

@Luu

This episode was just f*cking awesome, i need next Thursday to come already 0-0. Oh yeah and Nui is voiced by Yukari Tamura O_o Nanoha turned evil, must be the result of her frustrations with Force xD

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:22 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:@Luu

This episode was just f*cking awesome, i need next Thursday to come already 0-0. Oh yeah and Nui is voiced by Yukari Tamura O_o Nanoha turned evil, must be the result of her frustrations with Force xD

high five 

This episode was a celebration of ecstasy. I didn't find out Nui-chan was voiced by Yukarin until after the review and now...I'm gonna need more tissues. *nosebleeds*

Philosodori : Why is it that I'm always voicing powerful chicks...

....myself included~

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:@Luu

high five 

This episode was a celebration of ecstasy. I didn't find out Nui-chan was voiced by Yukarin until after the review and now...I'm gonna need more tissues. *nosebleeds*

Philosodori : Why is it that I'm always voicing powerful chicks...

....myself included~

xD, prepare for Sailor Moon references, a maid outfit and befriending next week

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:34 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Ryuuko and Lady Satsuki join forces to beat up Nui-chan.  Chibi moon

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:53 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Ryuuko and Lady Satsuki join forces to beat up Nui-chan.  Chibi moon

That would be epic but unlikely, Ryuuko is most likely gonna lose her mind, try to be a lone wolf and get her ass beat since I doubt she's strong enough to fight someone like Nui so early in the show. She probably needs some secret power.

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:30 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:
That would be epic but unlikely, Ryuuko is most likely gonna lose her mind, try to be a lone wolf and get her ass beat since I doubt she's strong enough to fight someone like Nui so early in the show. She probably needs some secret power.

Maybe! I think she's going to lose after beating three Elite Four members in a row. Then there's Uzu who got thrown away like garbage. Maybe I'm just applying show logic here, but it makes sense to have Ryuuko lose. Debuting Nui-chan only to get beaten by a rage filled Ryuuko doesn't work.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:

Maybe! I think she's going to lose after beating three Elite Four members in a row. Then there's Uzu who got thrown away like garbage. Maybe I'm just applying show logic here, but it makes sense to have Ryuuko lose. Debuting Nui-chan only to get beaten by a rage filled Ryuuko doesn't work.

Plus, having Ryuuko win would break the cliche of Heros losing to new, all powerful Big Bad's.

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:46 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:Plus, having Ryuuko win would break the cliche of Heros losing to new, all powerful Big Bad's.

Righty-o, Mi-Cray. Thus destroying all momentum that the Nui-chan built up. Nui-chan will get beat, or die eventually, don't worry. :'D

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:Plus, having Ryuuko win would break the cliche of Heros losing to new, all powerful Big Bad's.

Righty-o, Mi-Cray. Thus destroying all momentum that the Nui-chan built up. Nui-chan will get beat, or die eventually, don't worry. :'D

Exactly! In fact I would be pissed if Ryuuko won because then she would look so Mary Sue *ahem*ToumafromNanohaForce*cough**cough*

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:27 am

I would think that Senketsu would somehow take over Ryuko's body and control her instead. We'll find out soon Razz*heads off to watch episode 12*

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just finished watching episode 12

ALL HAIL MAKO

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 5006
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

View user profile http://aloofndistant.blogspot.sg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:41 am

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Kill la Kill Episode 12

Things get way out of control in the twelfth installment in the Kill la Kill series as Ryuko tries desperately to murder Nui Harime, who seems to be having fun. Ryuko demands that Nui spills her guts on why she murdered Dr. Matoi. We are treated to a flashback where Nui and Dr. Matoi have an intense one sided battle. The crucial point came when Dr. Matoi debuted his greatest invention, the complete Scissor Blade. Otherwise known as the "Rendering Scissors". Alright, this thing has an official name! "Scissor Blade" sounds so...stock.

Dr. Matoi offers the audience a crowd pleasing moment by using his Rendering Scissors by taking out Nui's eyes (explains her strange looking eyepatch). Serves the bitch right if you ask me. Ryuko becomes even more desperate to kill this monster that she becomes one of her own. The rage sends Senketsu into an overheating frenzy with Ryuko's boiling blood. She is then consumed by Senketsu (as feared by Tsumugu) and becomes Kill la Kill's equivalent of Evangelion Unit-01's Berserk Mode. The design for the monster Ryuko looks really cool btw; her fury is felt like no tomorrow. You forget that Ryuko became an out of control killing machine for a bit because you want to see Nui pay for her actions.

Tsumugu and Aikuro try to stop Ryuko from causing further damage, but ultimately fail. Lady Satsuki steps in to combat the enraged Ryuko and keep Nui at bay. Mako and her family race to Ryuko as quickly as they can in hopes of saving her. It is revealed that Ryuko will eventually die of intense blood loss. Once Lady Satsuki and Monster Ryuko face each other, they tear apart....and I mean they just RIP the area apart with their fierce power. This leads to a standoff between the two where Lady Satsuki is hinted at having the upper hand. With heavy blood loss and Satsuki being the only one able to stop Ryuko, it's obvious that Ryuko was about to die. THAT IS UNTIL MAKO AND THE POWER OF LOVE AND...toilets...saves the day! She is able to calm Ryuko down until she and Senketsu cool down. I love how Lady Satsuki loosely commends Mako for bringing Ryuko back to normal. The episode ends when Lady Satsuki bans Nui from Honnouji. Can you blame her? Nui stirred up a lot of shit, killed many innocent bystanders, sent Ryuko into a rage that probably killed even more people, interfered in the games, and destroyed the area. It's obvious that things aren't over between Nui and Lady Satsuki. People, I'm really hoping Nui gets murdered. She is a murderous crazy person that needs to be put to sleep. It's unclear how Ryuko will deal with her again in the future, but I wish Nui's death is painful and slow enough for me to bathe in it.

DON'T GO AWAY YET! In the post-credits scene, Ryuko and Lady Satsuki meet up again to discuss Nui. Lady Satsuki reminds the audience again that she is the antagonist by telling Ryuko that it was her who sent Nui to Dr. Matoi's. Not only that, she reveals that she used Ryuko's battles with the Elite Four to perfect her Goku uniform. With these new enhancements, Lady Satsuki will defeat every school in her awkwardly named: Tri-City Schools Raid Trip.

This episode felt short because it mainly centered on Ryuko's rage fit, but as usual, the animation team does an amazing job with the action sequences. As for storytelling, Nui is given more heat, Ryuko and Mako's dimensions expand and Satsuki continues to be an even more interesting character by offering twists and turns. There's no doubt that the series will reach the 26 episode limit now and we've only got a taste of the boiling blood.

Oh and fanboy moment here....ONCE AGAIN, LADY SATSUKI SMILES BECAUSE OF RYUKO!!! THESE TWO ARE MY GHEY BABEHS!!!!!!

+ Intense action
+ Ryuko and Mako's friendship saves the day
+ New reveals
+ Though I hate her guts, Nui Harime is a great villain.
- Tsumugu and Aikuro's involvement was totally unnecessary.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:38 am

THIS EPISODE WAS JUST SO-*spontaniously combusts*

Bonus:

Voice actor joke xD

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:45 am

midori's crazy398 wrote:THIS EPISODE WAS JUST SO-*spontaniously combusts*

Bonus:

Voice actor joke xD

Is that a character from Strike Witches? o.o

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:17 am

Chaglette wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:THIS EPISODE WAS JUST SO-*spontaniously combusts*

Bonus:

Voice actor joke xD

Is that a character from Strike Witches? o.o

Yeah, both Ryuuko in Kill la Kill and Shirley from Strike Witches are voiced by Ami Koshimizu, seeing this pic made me laugh my ass off xD

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:55 pm

<---- xD Needs more Strike Witches knowledge.

Agreed with you Mi-Cray, this episode was amazing in more ways than one.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette on Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Can't wait for the next episode *-*

Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Chaglette wrote:Can't wait for the next episode *-*

Me too! *puts cup in front of Trigger* Fill it...with lots of Lady Satsuki next time. <3

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:18 pm

I wonder if Ryuuko and Satsuki are sisters...thats the rumor thats going around because of the way Ragyo and Ryuuko look

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:23 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:I wonder if Ryuuko and Satsuki are sisters...thats the rumor thats going around because of the way Ragyo and Ryuuko look

That was my girlfriend's guess too. Honestly that would be a little underwhelming. On the bright side, it would mean my head canon is INCEST! *A* THE YURI GENRE TAKES RISKS!!! THAT IS WHY I LOVE THIS FANDOM!!!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:I wonder if Ryuuko and Satsuki are sisters...thats the rumor thats going around because of the way Ragyo and Ryuuko look

INCEST!

o-o...0-0...O-o...O-O

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:22 pm

Sponsored content