Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Kill la Kill Discussion Thread

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kill la Kill Discussion Thread

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:38 am

KLK rant:
So I forced a friend of mine to watch the show with me via Skype today, and during the first few episodes, she wasn't sure what to think of it and thought it was going to be stupid. Just now she sent me floods of text messages, fangirling hardcore about the show XD Another one bites the dust~

Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9893
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

View user profile http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Finally got to watch episode 20 with my girlfriend yesterday. We both enjoyed the episode a lot. There's nothing better than watching her fangirl over her own "oneesama", Lady Satsuki.

---
No full on review since the next episode is upon us soon, so I'll just give you my quick thoughts.

Luu Sky Sapphire's Quick thoughts on Kill La Kill Episode 20:

You're an alien, I'm an alien, everybody's an alien! This space invasion storyline gets more intense every time! The episode picks up immediately where the previous left off with an enraged Ryuko rejecting Senketsu. She is provoked by Nui and Ragyo into another nasty confrontation, so off Ryuko goes on her phallic bike. Meanwhile at Nudist Beach, the Elite Four pinpoint Lady Satsuki's location and with a wave of her toenail scythe, she breaks free of her chains. Dashing naked past Covers aliens, slicing them up with her magic toenail. Nui-chan reveals to a pissed Ryuko that she also contains a Life Fiber shell, making her no different from Ryuko. Screw being one and the same, Ryuko attempts to kill her with miserable results. Ragyo arrives just in time to spring her next master plan of making Ryuko wear Junketsu! I had a feeling this would happen since everyone on Facebook spoiled me with the turning evil twist. Meanwhile, Aikuro's battleship prepares for war, with Lady Satsuki on board to lead them. NOW HERE'S WHERE I WENT BALLISTIC: Evil-Junk-Ryuko arrives sooner than expected on the warship. In response to this...Lady Satsuki wears Senketsu!!!! OMG, SHE'S SO COOL!!!!!!!!!

What went through my mind? Shades of Yomi from Ga-Rei Zero!

Overall, fun episode with an amazing cliffhanger. You can tell the series is very close to wrapping itself up, everything is being uncovered (no pun intended) and it's safe to say that the characters are 100% established by now. Take it home, TRIGGER! This is going to be one hell of a climax!

P.S. Matoi in a wedding dress scares me.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:17 pm

Why do I get the feeling it could end in the worst way possible?

After Ragyo is defeated, Satsuki and Ryuko stay rivals at the school. Mako stays poor with family, Nudist Beach will be active, the Four Devas will stay with Satsuki. The End.

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4581
Armitage GUTS!!! : 620

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Bluholic711 wrote:Why do I get the feeling it could end in the worst way possible?

After Ragyo is defeated, Satsuki and Ryuko stay rivals at the school. Mako stays poor with family, Nudist Beach will be active, the Four Devas will stay with Satsuki. The End.

That's actually an acceptable ending to me. :) Nothing will change, everything will stay the way it was BEFORE Ragyo's invasion. In a violent, comedic and over the top series like Kill la Kill, you can't expect Lady Satsuki and Ryuko to blatantly love and care for one another like sisters.

IF THEY DO, I WILL GIVE TRIGGER SO MUCH CREDIT. Not to mention give Kill la Kill a higher rating for ending things in a heartwarming way. I doubt it, but I can dream.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:45 pm

I guess I would be a bit sad if Ryuko stays Ryuko instead of changing somewhat from her experiences and obstacles. I just wish and hope they accept each other as sisters, at least, rather than ignore that fact and remain enemies/rivals.
Maybe I'm still bitter about how Panty and Stocking ended.
To hell with PSG.

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:38 pm

Bluholic711 wrote:I guess I would be a bit sad if Ryuko stays Ryuko instead of changing somewhat from her experiences and obstacles. I just wish and hope they accept each other as sisters, at least, rather than ignore that fact and remain enemies/rivals.
Maybe I'm still bitter about how Panty and Stocking ended.
To hell with PSG.

Panty and Stocking's ending sucked. Already ranted about it enough. ^^;

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see what happens next. Episode 21 should be out by now. We're about to see another 5 star battle between Ryuko and Lady Satsuki. TRIGGER better make the tone of this fight feel different; a different sort of intensity since they've switched Kamui.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:19 pm

random klk thought:
That awkward moment when you realize that KLK is probably the very first anime to show "disco orgasms". I swear, Ragyo loves disco TOO much  Akira Okuzaki 

Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:41 pm

Kuga Natsuki wrote:
random klk thought:
That awkward moment when you realize that KLK is probably the very first anime to show "disco orgasms". I swear, Ragyo loves disco TOO much  Akira Okuzaki 

Well she does have the Skittles power behind her

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2592
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

View user profile http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:26 am

another KLK thought:
I SWEAR THIS SHOW WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:02 pm

bump 

I finally got caught up with Kill la Kill earlier with my girlfriend. We watched episodes 21, 22 and 23, which were essentially one massive pre-fight before the final battle with Ragyo.

I won't be doing full of reviews for any of them for the sake of spoilers and the fact that there's nothing else to discover. This was just one gigantic battle sequence! From the incredible Junketsu release from Ryuko to the all out assault on the Original Life Fiber, everything was sheer amazement. Then there's Ryuko and Lady Satsuki finally united a team. This aspect of the series is what I've always wanted to see, because we it was coming and it was satisfying as Hell.

Episode 24 will end the series sadly, but I am looking forward to the announced OVA later this year. Ragyo...Nui...you bitches are going DOWN!

And omg, Mako's insanity and Senketsu's melodramatic ways had us laughing so hard, we needed to use the restroom several times. XD

Only one thing upsets me about Kill la Kill though. TRIGGER must think this series has a small fanbase, because the merchandise for Kill la Kill is pathetic. Ryuko getting most of the figure releases while Lady Satsuki gets none. A huge shame, but that doesn't stop Kill la Kill from being 2013's best series. This final battle against Ragyo-sama is going to be big. Bigger than Ragyo's hair and rougher than her fingers~

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:05 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
bump 

I finally got caught up with Kill la Kill earlier with my girlfriend. We watched episodes 21, 22 and 23, which were essentially one massive pre-fight before the final battle with Ragyo.

I won't be doing full of reviews for any of them for the sake of spoilers and the fact that there's nothing else to discover. This was just one gigantic battle sequence! From the incredible Junketsu release from Ryuko to the all out assault on the Original Life Fiber, everything was sheer amazement. Then there's Ryuko and Lady Satsuki finally united a team. This aspect of the series is what I've always wanted to see, because we it was coming and it was satisfying as Hell.

Episode 24 will end the series sadly, but I am looking forward to the announced OVA later this year. Ragyo...Nui...you bitches are going DOWN!

And omg, Mako's insanity and Senketsu's melodramatic ways had us laughing so hard, we needed to use the restroom several times. XD

Only one thing upsets me about Kill la Kill though. TRIGGER must think this series has a small fanbase, because the merchandise for Kill la Kill is pathetic. Ryuko getting most of the figure releases while Lady Satsuki gets none. A huge shame, but that doesn't stop Kill la Kill from being 2013's best series. This final battle against Ragyo-sama is going to be big. Bigger than Ragyo's hair and rougher than her fingers~

KLK will be missed, I'll no longer have anything to look forward to on Thursdays! T-T. As for Ragyou's fingers, they were in some pretty crazy places when she was gettin all horny in ep 23 0-0

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:12 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:KLK will be missed, I'll no longer have anything to look forward to on Thursdays! T-T. As for Ragyou's fingers, they were in some pretty crazy places when she was gettin all horny in ep 23 0-0

Same here. Kill la Kill also worked as a stress reliever for me. I call it the "screaming anime" at times since nobody really talks, unless it's a touching scene between Ryuko and Senketsu (or during Ragyo-sama and Lady Satsuki's..."meetings"....).

laugh I cannot help it, Mi-Cray! I'm supposed to hate Ragyou and yet I can't! She's a sex goddess that's hard to take seriously. Nui on the other hand has absolutely lost her mind knowing she's a sitting duck after what Ryuko (now with Satsuki blood!) did to her arms. She must be put down in the next episode.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:16 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:KLK will be missed, I'll no longer have anything to look forward to on Thursdays! T-T. As for Ragyou's fingers, they were in some pretty crazy places when she was gettin all horny in ep 23 0-0

Same here. Kill la Kill also worked as a stress reliever for me. I call it the "screaming anime" at times since nobody really talks, unless it's a touching scene between Ryuko and Senketsu (or during Ragyo-sama and Lady Satsuki's..."meetings"....).

laugh I cannot help it, Mi-Cray! I'm supposed to hate Ragyou and yet I can't! She's a sex goddess that's hard to take seriously. Nui on the other hand has absolutely lost her mind knowing she's a sitting duck after what Ryuko (now with Satsuki blood!) did to her arms. She must be put down in the next episode.

"All dogs have their days." Nui will be put down...like a bitch  dawn 

I think the craziest thing about Ragyou is the fact that she seems to lust after the idea of killing everyone and helping the life fibers, otherwise she wouldn't have been trying to work that muffin xD  Sara  Combined with a lust for power as well, she really is a psycho

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:30 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:"All dogs have their days." Nui will be put down...like a bitch  dawn 

I think the craziest thing about Ragyou is the fact that she seems to lust after the idea of killing everyone and helping the life fibers, otherwise she wouldn't have been trying to work that muffin xD  Sara  Combined with a lust for power as well, she really is a psycho

Sis Fist 

Yeah, her muffin fingering and licking is a metaphor for her fondness of Life Fibers. The scene where Satsuki and Ryuko trick her was spectacular. That is so Lady Satsuki, taking beatings on purpose so she can checkmate you. Wink

Bluholic711 should use that Satsuki trick at least once during the roleplay.  Philosodori 

By the way Kill la Kill fans, I need TWO Kill la Kill emoticons for the forum. Post some great candidates below and I'll choose the lucky pair in the future.  Flirt 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:35 pm

I'm literally borrowing scenes I've seen from the anime in order to role-play both main characters efficiently.

Here are some pics I found.

Ryuko

Satsuki

Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:36 pm

Thanks for the assortment of Ryuko and Satsuki pics, Blu. Keep searching for me. I'll need more expressions we don't currently have.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:08 pm

xD

Help, I can't breathe while watching this xD

Heres some pics Luu

^
NANI SORE!

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:51 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:xD

Help, I can't breathe while watching this xD

laugh Parody videos expose everything about an anime. She was staring hard at his shining sausage the entire time. XD I would of never noticed that before since Aikuro's scenes make me cringe.

Thanks for the images! I'm thinking about using Mako...

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Authorized double post  HiME 

The series finale of Kill la Kill was released. If you're going to comment or review it, please use the spoiler tabs! *A* At least, until my review is up!

I heard it was really sad. ;A; Someone's gonna die, I know it...PLEASE NOT LADY SATSUKI!!!!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:40 pm

Authorized triple post:

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Kill la Kill Episode 24 (Final Episode):

Kill la Kill's final episode has arrived and despite going out with a bang, much was left to be desired. Not to say the finale was bad! Not at all! The finale was the 'Return of the Jedi' ending the series needed to end properly. However, you have to admit it was rushed. More on that later.

When Senketsu learned that Satsuki could hear him now, he made the most over the top O_O face ever. XD Look at that shit!

The final battle with Ragyou is at hand. Ragyo-sama disables all Kamui and Goku Uniforms with the power of Koketsu. But thanks to some quick thinking from Senketsu, The Elite Four and Nudist Beach, everyone powers up again. Granting Ryuko and Lady Satsuki the opportunity to take Ragyou down with some vicious fatal slashes. You'd think Ragyou-sama would die for good this time, until she decides to requests Nui's sacrifice, now that she had the original Life Fiber within her. As they combine into one, Ragyou proceeds with her plan to cover the Earth in a blanket of Life Fibers, where all humans will be consumed.

AND THEN...THE AWESOME SHIT HAPPENS. BECAUSE YOU KNOW, EVERY HERO NEEDS A SUPER FORM! Ryuko's friends merge all their uniforms and kamui into Ryuko, becoming Senketsu-Kisaragi form. Ryuko is now able to launch herself into space after Ragyou-sama. Awesome, awesome scene. It is here where Ryuko takes one hell of a beating, despite having her most powerful form. Ragyou remains too strong with her plan already 95% away from completion. Out of nowhere, Senketsu drops a bombshell on Ragyou-sama by revealing that he was draining Koketsu while she was busy giving Ryuko a beating. In doing this, all Life Fibers were destroyed. Though the toll it has taken on Senketsu may have been a bit much...

Ryuko attempts to give Ragyou another chance at human life. As a mother. It was disheartening to see Ragyou reject Ryuko's offer. Instead, she kills herself in the process. In the end, pride becomes one's undoing. Senketsu then sacrifices himself to deliver Ryuko back to Earth. This was so sad, these two have been through a lot together, but the real emotional trigger was Ryuko and Satsuki's reuniting on Earth. Not only did they have more respect for one another, they now expressed their love for one another as family.

Kill la Kill ends with a credits sequence with Ryuko, Mako and Satsuki (with a new haircut and look! ) living happy and normal lives. After all the insanity these people have been through, it was well deserved. The series ends with Ryuko looking towards the sky, no doubt remembering Senketsu and his heroic sacrifice.

I'm just going to get this out of the way: the biggest weakness of this episode was how rushed it felt. By the 6 minute mark, the heroes already turned the tables and were on the verge of winning. This should of happened later. My girlfriend mentioned that this finale should of been extended to an hour, so that it doesn't feel like a quick wrap up. The way this episode was paced was like TRIGGER saying "let's get it over with." Very lazy in an otherwise great finale.

Now that I've finished the entire series (the upcoming OVA doesn't count for now...), I can honestly say I enjoyed Kill la Kill overall. It's mindless action, but it KNOWS it and embraces the ridiculousness. Unlike Dragon Ball Z which accomplished it's product by the Frieza saga and we didn't need more of the same shit, Kill la Kill threw everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink in 24 memorable episodes. What Kill la Kill did in 24 episodes, Dragon Ball Z failed to accomplish with 500+ Make that 1000+ thanks to Kai. It reminds me of how Angelic Layer unintentional proved how much of a waste of time Beyblade, Pokemon and Digimon are. You can execute the same tired old genre and breathe new life into it by giving it a great story. Characters we actually like. Moments that will stay in our collective minds. Kill la Kill is one of the few battle anime to do this and they didn't need to throw galaxies to do it. TRIGGER matured a little as a studio, giving us awesome shit without allowing it to drag on forever. It also succeeded as a tongue and cheek comedy with all the classic trimmings of an early whacky Rumiko Takahashi series.

Kill la Kill isn't a masterpiece in terms of story telling, but it takes the cake in action. It succeeds where most anime in the same genre fail. Less is more. It's greatest success is making the swift transition from comedy, to action to alien invasion anime in such a short amount of time. Ultimately, Kill la Kill is about the importance of family (underneath piles of clothing, blood and naked bodies) and that alone makes it better than the norm.

Luu Sky Sapphire rates Kill la Kill overall:

****/*****

LOW FULL PRICE

+ Memorable characters
+ Amazing fights
+ Breathtaking artwork.
+ Family narrative.
- Soundtrack isn't very memorable

One of the greatest 24-26 episode series of all time for sure. If you love comedy and/or battle anime, this is definitely for you. Own it for sure.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Spoiler:
Since Ragyo is dead, let's celebrate!~

Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Kuga Natsuki wrote:
Spoiler:

POP THAT CHAMPAGNE!!

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:53 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:
Kuga Natsuki wrote:
Spoiler:

POP THAT CHAMPAGNE!!
 drunk : DRINK, EVERYONE!

Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:54 pm

Kuga Natsuki wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:
Kuga Natsuki wrote:
Spoiler:

POP THAT CHAMPAGNE!!

Yohko  : CHUG THAT SHIT!

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:10 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:
Kuga Natsuki wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:
Kuga Natsuki wrote:
Spoiler:

POP THAT CHAMPAGNE!!

Yohko  : CHUG THAT SHIT!

*A* WHAT DO YOU ALL HAVE AGAINST, RAGYOU-SAMA?! I WANT A TOILET PAPER LIST OF REASONS! Just look at her! She's fabulous!  Trollface 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:47 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top