Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Highman on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 am

The title speak itself but the question needs to be raised with answers including more questions. Since I've been skirmishing the last couple eps. of Mai-HiME and made me linger about Reito Kanzaki's"double life" as a stereotypical nice outstanding Executive Vice President to an harbored host body of the Obsidian Lord to look over the Carnival and lead an deadly criminal organization known as First District.

From episode 23/25, When Reito told Nagi to tell her to give whereabouts to Natsuki enemy First District. Nagi said "Are you really Obsidian Lord or Reito Minagi", Reito just gave hum and never replied but later said "I am who I am".




Discuss was Reito Minagi being Reito Minagi from the whole HiME series because this character is not only most interesting character but one helluva troll

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 473
Bubuzuke points : 626
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:08 am

I always took that "Are you really the Obsidian Lord or Reito" quote from Nagi as a response to his feelings towards Mai. Nagi probably thinks that Reito's feelings cloud the mind of the Obsidian Lord; when in actuality, it's actually both syncing as one. Reito had strong feelings for Mai the person and the Obsidian Lord has strong feelings for Kagutsuchi summoners. After Mashiro became the Crystal Princess, Mai became the Obsidian Lord's new object of affection.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Highman on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:07 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I always took that "Are you really the Obsidian Lord or Reito" quote from Nagi as a response to his feelings towards Mai. Nagi probably thinks that Reito's feelings cloud the mind of the Obsidian Lord; when in actuality, it's actually both syncing as one. Reito had strong feelings for Mai the person and the Obsidian Lord has strong feelings for Kagutsuchi summoners. After Mashiro became the Crystal Princess, Mai became the Obsidian Lord's new object of affection.
To me from Blu-ray special seems that Reito hasn't changed and before Obsidian Lord overtook him. OL was frustrated/angry on why he kept chosen every emotional user who's with Kagutsuchi more likely there was any users only Mai and Mashiro.

Reito character shows itself slowly in the first series and were willingly to see more of the upcoming first series. He maybe the perfect fit relationship to Mai but sooner or later his nature could hurt anyone and to himself and I believe Obsidian Lord didn't come empty handed during the Festival

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 473
Bubuzuke points : 626
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Highman wrote:To me from Blu-ray special seems that Reito hasn't changed and before ObsidianLord overtook him. OL was frustrated/angry on why he kept chosen every emotional user who's with Kagutsuchi more likely there was any users only Mai and Mashiro.

Reito character shows itself slowly in the first series and were willingly to see more of the upcoming first series. He maybe the perfect fit relationship to Mai but sooner or later his nature could hurt anyone and to himself and I believe Obsidian Lord didn't come empty handed during the Festival
Isn't that contradiction on the part of the Obsidian Lord? Reito naturally pined for Mai, what more did he want? It was a repeat of history in a sort of ironic twist.

Also, wasn't it the First District grannies who said in episode 17's opening scene; "Obsidian Lord shall awaken soon"? Implying that Reito wasn't the Obsidian Lord just yet. He was sealed inside his body, which makes sense as he didn't react to seeing the underground chasm with all the deactivated pillars.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Highman on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:To me from Blu-ray special seems that Reito hasn't changed and before ObsidianLord overtook him. OL was frustrated/angry on why he kept chosen every emotional user who's with Kagutsuchi more likely there was any users only Mai and Mashiro.

Reito character shows itself slowly in the first series and were willingly to see more of the upcoming first series. He maybe the perfect fit relationship to Mai but sooner or later his nature could hurt anyone and to himself and I believe Obsidian Lord didn't come empty handed during the Festival
Isn't that contradiction on the part of the Obsidian Lord? Reito naturally pined for Mai, what more did he want? It was a repeat of history in a sort of ironic twist.

Also, wasn't it the First District grannies who said in episode 17's opening scene; "Obsidian Lord shall awaken soon"? Implying that Reito wasn't the Obsidian Lord just yet. He was sealed inside his body, which makes sense as he didn't react to seeing the underground chasm with all the deactivated pillars.
It's not ironic when an alien being have every Carnival end because Obsidian Lord was a sore loser to have these girls being conned because of mating purposes. Welp I'm sure OL can still be an wingman to find some other beta ala Ishigami(for example) to be his BFF, both can take over the world and mate forever.

I do believe Reito has suffered an dark past with Mikoto before OL had him as a mentor and a friend. He maybe free but to himself he isn't.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 473
Bubuzuke points : 626
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Highman wrote:It's not ironic when an alien being have every Carnival end because Obsidian Lord was a sore loser to have these girls being conned because of mating purposes. Welp I'm sure OL can still be an wingman to find some other beta ala Ishigami(for example) to be his BFF, both can take over the world and mate forever.

I do believe Reito has suffered an dark past with Mikoto before OL had him as a mentor and a friend. He maybe free but to himself he isn't.
But that's exactly how every Carnival ended up. The only difference this time is that the Obsidian Lord failed and didn't obtain a sweet wife to bed. Ishigami as his new right hand man? Not when he's blantantly traitreous with the delusional gamble that Yukariko was going to not only win the Carnival, not only defeat Mai Tokiha and Kagutsuchi, but also destroy the Obsidian lord so that HE (Ishigami) can take over Earth.

If Kuro no Mai is any consolation, Reito happily moved on from an even darker past in what he did to the HiME. This is not a good thing as you just don't move from something like that. :'D Reito can't pull a Brandon McInerney and say "well...that was the old me. Young and stupid", because once a piece of shit, always a piece of shit. There's no excusing what you did in the eyes of the guardians of truth and justice (aka The HiME). Why they took a whole year to get back at Reito in such a playful way, I'll never know. We can assume it's one of those "we'll get you when you least expect it...muahahaha". And boy did Mai (now a lesbian with Mikoto, imo) get him good.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Highman on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:30 am

It didn't take them a whole year since series ended when spring break started probably  that was best time to take down Reito. Since his facial expression from blu-ray were dead giveaway he was vicious sonuvabitch.

Thankfully now he's the main harem guy for the next Mai-franchise with malicious intent.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 473
Bubuzuke points : 626
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Highman wrote:It didn't take them a whole year since series ended when spring break started probably  that was best time to take down Reito. Since his facial expression from blu-ray were dead giveaway he was vicious sonuvabitch.

Thankfully now he's the main harem guy for the next Mai-franchise with malicious intent.
Wait, I thought the series ended when graduation time happened. Unless Japan's graduation time IS during the Springtime. And his facial expression from this specific scene...



...was just a "ha ha" moment by Sunrise Inc. The hopes of "is the Obsidian Lord back?!" are quickly crushed when you see Reito being punished by all the HiME in comedic ways. Otherwise, that sinister smile is out of character for him. Where was his scary face at the end of episode 26 or the director cut footage of him walking with Mikoto? Again, the smile thing was just a farce and nothing more. :) I'd prefer to not have Reito be the villain again in the next series. Evil Arika is the way to go.


_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Highman on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:It didn't take them a whole year since series ended when spring break started probably  that was best time to take down Reito. Since his facial expression from blu-ray were dead giveaway he was vicious sonuvabitch.

Thankfully now he's the main harem guy for the next Mai-franchise with malicious intent.
Wait, I thought the series ended when graduation time happened. Unless Japan's graduation time IS during the Springtime. And his facial expression from this specific scene...



...was just a "ha ha" moment by Sunrise Inc. The hopes of "is the Obsidian Lord back?!" are quickly crushed when you see Reito being punished by all the HiME in comedic ways. Otherwise, that sinister smile is out of character for him. Where was his scary face at the end of episode 26 or the director cut footage of him walking with Mikoto? Again, the smile thing was just a farce and nothing more. :)I'd prefer to not have Reito be the villain again in the next series. Evil Arika is the way to go.

Reito will have huge pivotal role to the next series as the neutral vicious harem guy and it was more like a troll face from Sunrise on Reito trying to get revenge on the HiME's. I'm willing to see more of his out of character touch to really scare off his enemies and show what his true natures are.

I rather have an evil mother and daughter combo that would make everyone piss in their boots.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 473
Bubuzuke points : 626
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:45 am

Highman wrote:Reito will have huge pivotal role to the next series as the neutral vicious harem guy and it was more like a troll face from Sunrise on Reito trying to get revenge on the HiME's. I'm willing to see more of his out of character touch to really scare off his enemies and show what his true natures are.

I rather have an evil mother and daughter combo that would make everyone piss in their boots.
You mean the same kind of troll face they did with the movie trailer? Viola 

If there is any "true nature" for Reito, it most likely involves his bitterness towards the other girls. If his hatred should go towards anyone, it's Tate. He was the one who got in the way at the last second.

Mother and daughter combo? You mean an evil Lena Sayers tossed into the mix? That does sound like a good idea, but Sunrise would have to explain her (and Arika's) connection to their future reincarnations where they're good people.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Highman on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:34 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:Reito will have huge pivotal role to the next series as the neutral vicious harem guy and it was more like a troll face from Sunrise on Reito trying to get revenge on the HiME's. I'm willing to see more of his out of character touch to really scare off his enemies and show what his true natures are.

I rather have an evil mother and daughter combo that would make everyone piss in their boots.
You mean the same kind of troll face they did with the movie trailer? Viola 

If there is any "true nature" for Reito, it most likely involves his bitterness towards the other girls. If his hatred should go towards anyone, it's Tate. He was the one who got in the way at the last second.

Mother and daughter combo? You mean an evil Lena Sayers tossed into the mix? That does sound like a good idea, but Sunrise would have to explain her (and Arika's) connection to their future reincarnations where they're good people.
Maybe Reito suddenly asked Sunrise on firing Tate hmmmmm.........Was he fibbed on Tate because of his bitterness or..........*gasps* I think I know where this is going

and hey it's better than the fake movie.

Sunrise can troll anyone including but can Sunrise troll themselves, no animation company has NEVER and I mean NEVER trolled themselves out maybe GAINAX but who?

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 473
Bubuzuke points : 626
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Highman wrote:
Sunrise can troll anyone including but can Sunrise troll themselves, no animation company has NEVER and I mean NEVER trolled themselves out maybe GAINAX but who?
I'm glad you brought up GAINAX. Too much trolling hurt them in the past (Neon Genesis Evangelion's original anime ending and End of Evangelion anyone?) Sunrise should learn from that mistake by now. Sometimes we want to have existing storylines expanded/explained. And sometimes we WANT a proper ending for a series, something Evangelion and Madoka do not have so far. Giving us a THE END.....QUESTION MARK!? ending after all that angst and deep philosophical dialogue is a stab wound in the pee pee. Makes me feel relief knowing that Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome both have happy endings.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Highman on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:
Sunrise can troll anyone including but can Sunrise troll themselves, no animation company has NEVER and I mean NEVER trolled themselves out maybe GAINAX but who?
I'm glad you brought up GAINAX. Too much trolling hurt them in the past (Neon Genesis Evangelion's original anime ending and End of Evangelion anyone?) Sunrise should learn from that mistake by now. Sometimes we want to have existing storylines expanded/explained. And sometimes we WANT a proper ending for a series, something Evangelion and Madoka do not have so far. Giving us a THE END.....QUESTION MARK!? ending after all that angst and deep philosophical dialogue is a stab wound in the pee pee. Makes me feel relief knowing that Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome both have happy endings.


Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 473
Bubuzuke points : 626
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by GAP on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:14 pm

I see your Max Payne and raise you Metal Gear Solid 2 although I never played the game, I did learn something from it and it even makes more sense than Eva.



GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 260
Bubuzuke points : 418
Armitage GUTS!!! : 122
Join date : 2010-12-26
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:50 pm

Both of you have very convincing arguments. Evangelion's original endings were just nonsensical and awful. I'm hoping the final entry in their reboot series of films has a proper closure to everything. Again, at least Mai-HiME/Otome ended on high notes, with only post-HiME activity and if Ribbon-chan will become an Otome as sequel hooks.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Highman on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Both of you have very convincing arguments. Evangelion's original endings were just nonsensical and awful. I'm hoping the final entry in their reboot series of films has a proper closure to everything. Again, at least Mai-HiME/Otome ended on high notes, with only post-HiME activity and if Ribbon-chan will become an Otome as sequel hooks.
I would prefer post-HiME activity, new villain, dangerous rivals,lack of story and more fanservice including Reito-kun doing crazy things to Mai on weekly nights with them together.

Reito disciplines Mai for being a failure and gets punished in the vicious kind of way. Even Obsidian Lord would be impressed.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 473
Bubuzuke points : 626
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Highman wrote:I would prefer post-HiME activity, new villain, dangerous rivals,lack of story and more fanservice including Reito-kun doing crazy things to Mai on weekly nights with them together.

Reito disciplines Mai for being a failure and gets punished in the vicious kind of way. Even Obsidian Lord would be impressed.
You want lack of story? That's a first in recorded history. Philosodori 

A "snuff" series focusing on Mai Tokiha punishment sounds arousing, but beneath even Sunrise Inc.'s standards. They can do better than that. Wink

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Highman on Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:I would prefer post-HiME activity, new villain, dangerous rivals,lack of story and more fanservice including Reito-kun doing crazy things to Mai on weekly nights with them together.

Reito disciplines Mai for being a failure and gets punished in the vicious kind of way. Even Obsidian Lord would be impressed.
You want lack of story? That's a first in recorded history. Philosodori 

A "snuff" series focusing on Mai Tokiha punishment sounds arousing, but beneath even Sunrise Inc.'s standards. They can do better than that. Wink
The only thing they need to get better is managing their scheduling priorities and have everyone on the ball together.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 473
Bubuzuke points : 626
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was Reito Minagi being Reito Minangi throughout Mai-HiME?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:55 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum