Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Favorite movies and film reviews

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Favorite movies and film reviews

Post by SulliMike23 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm definitely going to see it. But I'm waiting until I can see it with my dad and sister since we all LOVE the Harry Potter series.

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 963
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Sooooo, is anyone gonna talk about the final Harry Potter movie? XD My bff/ex has gone ballistic with it (in a VERY satisfied way), makes me wonder about your reactions. XD

If you insist Luu...I loved it. Personally it was just awesome because they hid all these little tidbits from the other movies/books in the movie and it was a treat to find them. Plus they did a really good job condensing the rest of the book into the movie and making it work. It was a great way to end it. Without a doubt. Plus if you see the 3-D you get nifty glasses that look like Harry's.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:53 pm

I dunno how to put my excitement of having watched the last HP movie in words. This will have to suffice Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi Mikoto Minagi

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 pm

i thought it was a fantastic way to end the series. i saw it in 3D as well, and it was nothing less than amazing. it's a tribute to the movies, and how they differ from the books. in a good way though i think. Neville on the bridge at the Hogwarts fight scene made me laugh a hearty laugh i must say xD

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5947
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:19 pm

Sergay Wáng wrote:i thought it was a fantastic way to end the series. i saw it in 3D as well, and it was nothing less than amazing. it's a tribute to the movies, and how they differ from the books. in a good way though i think. Neville on the bridge at the Hogwarts fight scene made me laugh a hearty laugh i must say xD

They fit in so much humor, tasteful and perfectly paced that it was really great. Like Professor Mcgonnagall at the beginning of the Hogwarts invasion-and a lot of Neville bits actually. It was a good tribute to the movies, indeed.

Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:58 am

Thanks for sharing your input, Kona! Watched it last night, but not being a fan and not knowing what the heck was going on won't give birth to a review. XD My new friend Vanessa had to pretty much explain what was going on. She's a huge fan of the series, and the first I've met to not compare it to Twilight. Like I know Twilight sucks and it's part of the "new generation" of franchises, but I don't need to be reminded of it. >_>

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:48 am

i will never compare twilight and harry potter lol. there is nothing to compare in my mind Razz

@ Kona, i agree whole-heartedly. it was the best of the series rolled into 1 last hoorah if you will ^_^

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:50 am

Now that Steven Spielberg confirmed Jurassic Park IV, I'm not gonna have high expectations. Why? This:

I'm not falling for it again. :) No movie, past or present, will ever top Temple of Doom for me. Not in this CGI age of 3D and IMAX. >_>'

I did however find a tad of interest in the next Batman film (even though I'm a Batman and Batman Returns mark):

Anne Hathaway is nowhere to be found sadly, but the trailer does have a lot momentum.

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : AnnE Hathaway!!!!)

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:38 am

@Luu: looks interesting, although it doesn't really show anything new. just a a couple of snippets. LOTS of people will be seeing Jurassic Park IV though, but chances are it will suck lol (crystal skull... yuck...)

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:51 am

WHAT? Jurrasic Park IV? OMG I love Dinosaurs Mikoto Minagi *bounces around...bounce bounce bounce*

Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

View user profile http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:49 am

>o< Let's hope it turns out good. Jurassic Park III was lame. The first two were great, more so the first one. The Lost World suffered from black girl gymnastics and the cheesy San Diego T-Rex attack.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:01 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Final Destination 5:

Another one? *sigh* It's been 2 years since the fourth Final Destination movie, which I like to refer as "The Fuck it" movie because it took way too many liberties without considering a proper closure. You can't cheat death yes, but the films already cheated logic, so why not have some closure? Put aside the hot cast of women from the last film and it's really an empty CGI fest with horrible dialogue. The race car disaster is still the worst opening of the four films since it was aiming for laughs rather than terror.

Final Destination 5 tries (and tries desperately) to correct these mishaps brought upon by it's predecessor by presenting itself as a dark film. Just like the first two films; FD5 opens with a REAL disaster on a bridge in which the Final Boy gets a vision about. After a pretty cool sequence with the bridge, he escapes with his girlfriend and all the poor fools who will take a trip to Heaven later on. We also get the return of the creepy coroner from the first two films, played by Candyman himself, Tony Todd. He implies to our new cast of victims that death doesn't like to be cheated; ushering in the string of clever deaths to follow. I use 'clever' loosely here, because the set ups were most promising but the pay-offs....not so much.

I don't want to spoil the deaths for anyone here, should you go see this mediocre film, but I will comment on two of them. The girl Candice, played by Ellen Wroe, is killed in a most impossible way. Now I'm no expert on female gymnastics, but I've seen countless botches in their sport and even the worst bump never caused THAT to happen. No matter how hard the body fell to the floor.

The second death I want to comment on is the laser-eye surgery death. Don't worry, by saying it's a 'laser-eye surgery death', I didn't spoil anything for you. If anything the death was mildly caused by the laser and poor Olivia (played by Jacqueline MacInnes Wood) was screwed by a teddy. Stupid.

The second half of the film is where things picked up. As each Final Destination film passes, they present a gimmick for the film so that our characters can have a chance at surviving. In the 2nd film it was the Final Girl's vague visions of the future, in the 3rd it was photographs hinting at how the person dies and the 4th was seeing 3-D objects (?!). Here we are introduced to the idea of taking someone else's life. You read right. Candyman tells them that by killing someone, you take their place and Death will skip over you. It's...stupid....but at least it's an answer to cheating Death. Once our group of survivors hears this, one of the dudes (still fucked up from his girlfriend dying earlier) goes a little nuts. You already know where this is going...

In the film's climax, said dude attempts to kill the Final Boy and his girlfriend, hoping it will save him from Death's clutches. In the middle of all this, a nosy detective enters the fray and pays for it. The bitter dude got what he wanted but still tries to kill Final Boy's girlfriend because she witnessed the death of an cop. Final Boy saves the day by killing the guy off, saving his girlfriend.

The ending is something I cannot spoil in public. So here comes the tab...

Spoiler:
Apparently it doesn't matter what these teens went through in the entire movie because it was all a PREQUEL!!! You see, Final Boy and his girlfriend talked about visiting Paris throughout the film and now they're heading there....ON FLIGHT 180!!! It's the year 2000 and our Final Boy witnesses Alex (Final Boy from the first movie) being removed from the airplane. Son of a bitch. Fuck this movie!!!

Overall, Final Destination 5 isn't a bad movie, but it isn't good either. The deaths (not counting the two I mentioned) were okay, the acting is bad, the tension is there unlike the 4th movie, the 3-D actually worked this time (again, unlike the 4th movie), the girls are extremely hot (who could forget that Asian receptionist?!) and the ending was a decent twist to close the series once and for all. Hopefully.

My rating:

Zhang Zhang / Zhang Zhang Zhang Zhang Zhang
2 out of 5 Zhang.

RENTAL.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:25 pm

it still sounds like a series of the absolutely worst possible case scenarios, stringed together. in other words, just not gonna happen lol. if it was more realistic then it'd be kinda cool i guess.

and that spoiler... dick move (by the producers). lol

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Sergay Wáng wrote:it still sounds like a series of the absolutely worst possible case scenarios, stringed together. in other words, just not gonna happen lol. if it was more realistic then it'd be kinda cool i guess.

and that spoiler... dick move (by the producers). lol

Very dick move.

Final Destination works more effectively when the deaths are executed like real accidents. But when you have a nail from the ceiling, landing perfectly straight up so the gymnastic girl's foot can step on it perfectly, causing an impossible chain of events, it makes Death more like a serial killer. ^^; Like Jason Vorhees if he were invisible.

Anyway, look out for my next upcoming review on the film: Sucker Punch

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:42 pm

I fell asleep halfway when I was watching Sucker Punch...it's...too....I dunno....it didn't hold my attention O_o

Lookin' forward to the review~

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:02 am

uhh... too many movies that come into my mind XD

aah well... let's see o.o

Pan's Labyrinth
Vidocq
The Autopsy
Black Swan
Pakt der Wölfe (Pact of wolves? oo)
Troy
Lost and Delirious
Heavenly creatures
Bathory
Der Henker (it's an austrian/german production and also got released in the rest of europe, just forgot the english title)
Chloe (even is the story is REALLY really thin)
The Severance
Hatchet
The Breed
Girl Fight
All Parts of "The fast and the furious" (thanks Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez. Must admit, I have a weakness for Michelle :cyclops: )
Utena - The Movie
Princess Mononoke
The Crow
Pulp Fiction
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Tomb Raider

And screw the fact it's not a movie: XENA!

Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2302
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:27 am

Narsilia wrote:All Parts of "The fast and the furious" (thanks Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez. Must admit, I have a weakness for Michelle :cyclops: )

AMAZING!!! such a good series, even though it is all out of order and the story liens aren't the strongest. still gotta love em Mikoto Minagi

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:36 am

Sergay Tate wrote:
Narsilia wrote:All Parts of "The fast and the furious" (thanks Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez. Must admit, I have a weakness for Michelle :cyclops: )

AMAZING!!! such a good series, even though it is all out of order and the story liens aren't the strongest. still gotta love em Mikoto Minagi

^__^ hey, who needs a storyline when you have... CARS? Awesome, tuned cars? And unforgettable quotes like:

Letty: I smell [sniffs air] ...skanks. Why don't you girls just pack it up before I leave tread marks on your face?

Dom: Since you were the first person to reach for the chicken, you gotta say the prayer.
Jesse: Dear heavenly...
Leon: Spirit...
Jesse: ...spirit. Thank you. um, thank you for providing us with the direct-port nitrous injection, 4 core intercoolers, and ball bearing turbos, and titanium valve springs, Amen.

I HATE driving with passion. But GOD, do I love tuned Cars... *cargasms*

Valkyria Lightning

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:17 am

Narsilia wrote:
Sergay Tate wrote:

^__^ hey, who needs a storyline when you have... CARS? Awesome, tuned cars? And unforgettable quotes like:

Letty: I smell [sniffs air] ...skanks. Why don't you girls just pack it up before I leave tread marks on your face?

Dom: Since you were the first person to reach for the chicken, you gotta say the prayer.
Jesse: Dear heavenly...
Leon: Spirit...
Jesse: ...spirit. Thank you. um, thank you for providing us with the direct-port nitrous injection, 4 core intercoolers, and ball bearing turbos, and titanium valve springs, Amen.

I HATE driving with passion. But GOD, do I love tuned Cars... *cargasms*

those movies are the most quotable movies i have ever seen. i can quote almost anything from them lol. for some reason i can't think of any of them now though lol. i do however use lines such as "too soon junior" and "too wide" CONSTANTLY!!! even when they don't apply lol. or, "you never had me, you never had your car" but with car replaced with the topic of the conversation lol.

here is something classic though. see if you get any of these Razz
http://chanarchive.org/4chan/o/15855/if-fnf-was-a-film-made-for-fine-gentlemen-you-don-t-possess-the-financial-stability-chap

i love driving though lol. i drift too. but i do love japanese cars, and also muscle cars!!!

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:30 am

This page is so totally epic XD Thanks for the link!

Drifting? Only unintentionally XD surely it' s a shocker when you start drifting because it's wet - especially on small mountain roads where only one car fits in O.o

muscle cars? oooh Mustang *_*

(I own an Opel Corsa TDI. Not much you can do with it except optical tuning. Still practising airbrush and one day, I'll have my unicorn surrounded by fire on it, yadda. Dreamcar would be still an Alfa Giulietta or a Toyota Celica <3 )

Valkyria Lightning

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:48 am

Narsilia wrote:This page is so totally epic XD Thanks for the link!

Drifting? Only unintentionally XD surely it' s a shocker when you start drifting because it's wet - especially on small mountain roads where only one car fits in O.o

muscle cars? oooh Mustang *_*

(I own an Opel Corsa TDI. Not much you can do with it except optical tuning. Still practising airbrush and one day, I'll have my unicorn surrounded by fire on it, yadda. Dreamcar would be still an Alfa Giulietta or a Toyota Celica <3 )

yeah that page is the BEST!!! lol xD

the back end of my car has only stepped out once unintentionally in the wet lol. and yeah, there is a small mountain road a few minutes from here that is fun, but i refuse to do it in the wet haha.

and my favourite muscle car is a 1969 z28 camaro Nao Yuuki

i say get the Giulietta. i have one on gran turismo 5, it's awesome. my friend used to have a celica, and if it's not a gt-four, it's not worth it really lol. that's just me though xD

i currently drive a s13 silvia with a onevia conversion Arika Yumemiya but my dream car is a series 1 s14 Silvia (along with the '69 z28 and a 21 window Kombi Razz)

i fear we have veered slightly off topic lol.

on topic: anyone seen "Kung Pow"?

SUCH A FUNNY MOVIE!!! if you don't mind retarded things happening, then i recommend! probably watch the trailer first to make sure you don't hate it lol.

they mess around with the dubbing, it's rather funny.

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:31 am

depression76 wrote:I fell asleep halfway when I was watching Sucker Punch...it's...too....I dunno....it didn't hold my attention O_o

Review going up tomorrow! :3

The Fast and the Furious movies. ^^; The cars get better, but the movies themselves get worse. I would only watch two of them for Michelle Rodriguez and Keiko Kitagawa (who appeared in Tokyo Drift. Why is she a big deal? She played Sailor Mars in the live action Sailor Moon series! o_o Big ass deal to Luu). Other than that, I'll stick to better franchises. ^^;

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:22 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
depression76 wrote:I fell asleep halfway when I was watching Sucker Punch...it's...too....I dunno....it didn't hold my attention O_o

Review going up tomorrow! :3

The Fast and the Furious movies. ^^; The cars get better, but the movies themselves get worse. I would only watch two of them for Michelle Rodriguez and Keiko Kitagawa (who appeared in Tokyo Drift. Why is she a big deal? She played Sailor Mars in the live action Sailor Moon series! o_o Big ass deal to Luu). Other than that, I'll stick to better franchises. ^^;

the cars definitely get better (they could only afford riced out hondas in the first one lol), but the movies are still good i think. you just gotta go deeper... lol inception xD and she's in Tokyo Drift? where? which part? (btw i am relatively new to who she is... and by that i mean, she's a singer right? lol. don't hate me xD)

Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:19 am

Sergay Tate wrote:the cars definitely get better (they could only afford riced out hondas in the first one lol), but the movies are still good i think. you just gotta go deeper... lol inception xD and she's in Tokyo Drift? where? which part? (btw i am relatively new to who she is... and by that i mean, she's a singer right? lol. don't hate me xD)

Deeper? In a racing film series that evolved into mindless action? XD If there's any level of depth in the Fast series, please show me because I don't see it! :lol:

Oh! You can find Keiko-sama scenes from Tokyo Drift here:

Keiko Kitagawa in The fast and the furiousTokyo Drift

Fast and the Furious Toyko Drift: Deleted Scenes - Golf Drift

AND THE GREATEST LINE IN THE FILM....that became deleted....

Fast and the Furious Toyko Drift: Deleted Scenes - The Night Before The Morning After

If Tokyo Drift was just 2 hours of Keiko-sama saying "SHUT UP, U PRICK", I'd consider buying the DVD. :3

As a bonus video, here's an interview she did for the film:

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyria Lightning on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:22 am

All of it depends on the depth of treadmarks on the street :D

Valkyria Lightning