Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Any good reason why Yukariko didn't fight the SEARRS Foundation??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any good reason why Yukariko didn't fight the SEARRS Foundation??

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:25 pm

---

As you all know, the big overkill battle between the HiME and the SEARRS Foundation kicked ass. However, something always bothered me about it. No need for heavy discussion, I just need an answer that makes logical sense!

Why didn't Yukariko do anything during the fight? OR ANYTHING AT ALL! Mashiro and Fumi directed traffic and Yukino made sure the students didn't see the action, so nobody can say they were being lazy as well.

>:3 And don't you dare say that Yukariko's job was to pray for the safety of the girls unless you WANT me to send you a pizza roll...

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Any good reason why Yukariko didn't fight the SEARRS Foundation??

Post by Midori Sugiura on Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Yukariko was supposed to fight, but was too busy having sex with her boyfriend, lets just say she has a bad...habit

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3740
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:14 am

Midori Sugiura wrote:Yukariko was supposed to fight, but was too busy having sex with her boyfriend, lets just say she has a bad...habit
XD Interesting theory, Midori. That explains any Orphan battle prior to the episode 15 war. Seriously, I need a non-jokey answer! It doesn't make any sense why she would just stand there and pray! Vlas could of mind f*cked the SEARRS troops into killing themselves. That would of been totally radical. 8) 

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:43 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:Yukariko was supposed to fight, but was too busy having sex with her boyfriend, lets just say she has a bad...habit
XD Interesting theory, Midori. That explains any Orphan battle prior to the episode 15 war. Seriously, I need a non-jokey answer! It doesn't make any sense why she would just stand there and pray! Vlas could of mind f*cked the SEARRS troops into killing themselves. That would of been totally radical. 8) 
You may have just explained it, St. Vlas isn't the best moving Child and is overpowered against a normal human to a degree, maybe they didn't want to reveal Vlas' true potential just yet

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:You may have just explained it, St. Vlas isn't the best moving Child and is overpowered against a normal human to a degree, maybe they didn't want to reveal Vlas' true potential just yet
The latter explains the situation from a story telling perspective, yes. Still, I think Yukariko could of used Vlas' abilities on more than just one person. Psychic power seems limitless in these kinds of situation. She could of used Vlas in a distant spot away from Fuuka. Or just do it while the troops attempts to arrest her, they weren't on shoot-to-kill orders until the HiME started their pre-emptive strike.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:57 am

I think, because there would be more trouble than help from Yukariko, she is just not geared/fit for fighting and plus, they were fighting against humans and not Orphans, I doubt that she would have been able to use violence...

PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 362
Armitage GUTS!!! : 117

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:48 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:I think, because there would be more trouble than help from Yukariko, she is just not geared/fit for fighting and plus, they were fighting against humans and not Orphans, I doubt that she would have been able to use violence...
Excellent point, V-chan. They were fighting humans enemies and seeing how religious Yukariko is, it doesn't surprise me a bit. I actually have no rebuttal for this.

Not bad, V-chan. Philosodori When questions are answered, rainbows manifest. shizurubaby 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Well she had no trouble later on using her powers on her fellow HiME, but maybe she fell, so to say

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:Well she had no trouble later on using her powers on her fellow HiME, but maybe she fell, so to say
The HiME were an exception thanks to that crazy person known as her boyfriend. An they call Nagi a manipulator. >_> The most damning thing I can ever say is that Ishigami makes Nagi look like a saint.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:23 am

*shrugs*
in some ways it is kind of good she didn't fight Searrs in that respect, to see how far he actually corrupted her, from "won't fight humans" to "attacking allies"

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:*shrugs*
in some ways it is kind of good she didn't fight Searrs in that  respect, to see how far he actually corrupted her, from "won't fight humans" to "attacking allies"
From a story perspective, yes, completely agree. I don't think Yukariko is given much credit by fans for her own character development. That's a different discussion. :)

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:*shrugs*
in some ways it is kind of good she didn't fight Searrs in that  respect, to see how far he actually corrupted her, from "won't fight humans" to "attacking allies"
From a story perspective, yes, completely agree. I don't think Yukariko is given much credit by fans for her own character development. That's a different discussion. :)
It also helped to not know Vlas' abilities till later on as a story element too

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:It also helped to not know Vlas' abilities till later on as a story element too
Vlas is arguably the most mysterious of all the CHILDs. Yatagarasu and Kiyohime were pretty straightforward with their debuts, but there's something eerie and I dare say-unholy, about Vlas and the presence has.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:It also helped to not know Vlas' abilities till later on as a story element too
Vlas is arguably the most mysterious of all the CHILDs. Yatagarasu and Kiyohime were pretty straightforward with their debuts, but there's something eerie and I dare say-unholy, about Vlas and the presence has.
It's a great contrast to Yukariko's own personality, it would be like pairing a nun with a demon,

but not quite as awesome as this:

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:03 am

Midori Sugiura wrote:It's a great contrast to Yukariko's own personality, it would be like pairing a nun with a demon,

but not quite as awesome as this:
Razz Rosette is Yukariko on steroids! The polar opposite of her character. The only way I can see it happening is if Yukariko were Duran's master and had the ice gun Element. O_O That would be pretty frickin' awesome actually!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyohime8 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:33 pm

I think Yukariko is just too goody two shoes and can't hold her own

Kiyohime8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 103
Armitage GUTS!!! : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:09 pm

Kiyohime8 wrote:I think Yukariko is just too goody two shoes and can't hold her own

I agree until she had Mai Tokiha (imo, the strongest HiME) in Vlas's illusion. With more edge, Yukariko could of mind f*cked Mai to the point of insanity; rendering her broken.

Now, if she DOESN'T do this, I don't see her winning many battles. To give her credit, she did improve her Element archery over time.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyohime8 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Vlas is truly powerful but Yukariko doesn know how to use his power till later on

Kiyohime8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:24 am

Kiyohime8 wrote:Vlas is truly powerful but Yukariko doesn know how to use his power till later on

Pretty much. Notice how she honed her skills all by herself? I doubt Ishigami trained her how to use Vlas properly. Arika Yumemiya

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyohime8 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:07 am

Luu sky sapphire wrote: pretty much. Noticed how she honed her skills later on

Pretty much

Kiyohime8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:51 am

I think she didn't fight then because that is how Yukariko is. She was never a fighter to begin with she was devoted to her teachings but then HE showed up and she had to have fallen for the manipulator. -sigh-

To put it bluntly I believe Yukariko doesn't like fighting in general, hell she felt so guilty after her battle with mai that she basically committed suicide.

PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 172
Armitage GUTS!!! : 49
Location : Australia, otherwise check for a note I left on the fridge!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:22 pm

PuppyHaru wrote:I think she didn't fight then because that is how Yukariko is. She was never a fighter to begin with she was devoted to her teachings but then HE showed up and she had to have fallen for the manipulator. -sigh-

To put it bluntly I believe Yukariko doesn't like fighting in general, hell she felt so guilty after her battle with mai that she basically committed suicide.

Yes, her teachings in the Lord Almighty make her reject all forms of violence. In a lot of ways, it's a good thing she wasn't bloodthirsty like Shizuru and Nao were, because the ability to control minds and drop them into a world of illusion (thanks, Vlas) is like a child wielding his dad's gun. Dangerous and unpredictable.

Sunrise had Yukariko display her power effectively against Mai; revealing Mai's inner most thoughts and desire for a perfect world.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:28 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top