Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Women's Pro-Wrestling discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Women's Pro-Wrestling discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Women's Pro-Wrestling

---

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (Wanna Be the Strongest in the World!) is set to be adapted into an anime series this October with Ayana Taketatsu as idol turned pro-wresler Sakura Hagiwara and Kana Asumi as friend/rival Elena Miyazawa.

Rion Kujo (S-CRY-ed, Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero) directs the ARMS (MAOYU, Queen's Blade) production with Kazuho Hyodo (Wagnaria)

Cast on the anime includes

Sakura Hagiwara - Ayana Taketatsu

Elena Miyazawa - Kana Asumi

Misaki Toyoda - Kyōko Narumi

Rio Kazama - Haruka Tomatsu

Moe Fukuoka - Hisako Kanemoto

Jackal Tōjō - Chiaki Takahashi

TVアニメ『世界でいちばん強くなりたい!』TVCM [Sekai de ichiban tsuyoku naritai]

Source: Crunchyroll
---

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai is obviously going to be my fanservice anime of 2013. Some of you know about my love for professional wrestling. Not so much the WWE anymore, but the sport in general, which will never die out. The spectacle, the entertainment, even the fanservice...it's no different from the trailer! Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai has a good roster of ladies so far. I even love the character designs. They're generic, but nice to look at. There doesn't seem to be any males involved from what I can tell, so there's potential for some yuri. Gay Rainbow

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Women's Pro-Wrestling discussion

Post by Kazulous on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm a bit iffy on this one. The designs are great and all (the lead looks like my preferred type too, cough), but as far as fanservice goes I don't know whether or not to shut off my brain and enjoy it or indulge in more story based anime.

If there's no dudes in it I won't have any excuse to my mates if they catch me watching it. Akira Okuzaki 

Kazulous
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 43
Armitage GUTS!!! : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:27 pm

Kazulous wrote:I'm a bit iffy on this one. The designs are great and all (the lead looks like my preferred type too, cough), but as far as fanservice goes I don't know whether or not to shut off my brain and enjoy it or indulge in more story based anime.

If there's no dudes in it I won't have any excuse to my mates if they catch me watching it. Akira Okuzaki 
Well dude, it all depends on you really. Personally, there's nothing wrong with enjoying/wanking-to something like this and indulging in something like Shingeki no Kyojin. Ever heard of Manyuu hikenchou? Perfect anime for us men. Anyway, I started watching that and Madoka Magica around that same time. Depending on the tone, enjoy any series any way you want. :) 

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazulous on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Oh yeah, Attack on Titan and Manyuu Hikenchou. I know those two well. May as well call the latter one Boing Boings or Gravity Hacks though, LOL.

Its true that there's nothing wrong with the potential entertainment on 'Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!' (Whew, what a long title). Perhaps for me its more a question of 'do I have the time' or sacrifice a story based show to watch this one instead.

Kazulous
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Kazulous wrote:Oh yeah, Attack on Titan and Manyuu Hikenchou. I know those two well. May as well call the latter one Boing Boings or Gravity Hacks though, LOL.

Its true that there's nothing wrong with the potential entertainment on 'Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!' (Whew, what a long title). Perhaps for me its more a question of 'do I have the time' or sacrifice a story based show to watch this one instead.
LMAO! It'll never win awards for storyline or character development, but I love Manyuu Hikenchou. It's a show where a dude can be a dude just by watching it. Everyone I know hates it except for my girlfriend, she was the one who introduced me to the series. LOL

(Those Japanese and their tongue twisting titles! Argh ) Ah, so that's your dilemma. The only thing I can say is if you have nothing better to watch in October, I say give the first couple of Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku episodes a try.

Speaking of which guys, I'll be reviewing this series on an episode basis. Look forward to it. Dance

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazulous on Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Oh a episode by episode review? I'll keep an eye out for that. Hopefully it isn't so bad that you have to drop it halfway through. Its gotta have that proper mix of tease and...

Plot.

Kazulous
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Kazulous wrote:Oh a episode by episode review? I'll keep an eye out for that. Hopefully it isn't so bad that you have to drop it halfway through. Its gotta have that proper mix of tease and...

Plot.
Haha! I don't think it'll be so terrible that I'll have to quit a few episodes in. That only happened twice in the past with Green Green and Girls Bravo. Now those were painful to sit through.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:15 pm

I want to see this one too!!
I grew up watching some Mexican Wrestling, and I'd love to see (if only for one episode) a character based on that. :3

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:57 am

shezaei-neko wrote:I want to see this one too!!
I grew up watching some Mexican Wrestling, and I'd love to see (if only for one episode) a character based on that. :3
:3 Most likely! Mexican promotion often does joint shows with Japan. The Mexican character would have to be the most feisty of all the girls~

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:57 pm

With a very kick-ass mask and movement!!
You know what? It'd be very cool that the main character meets her, but without the mask she's all shy or something. And with the mark on, she'd be a hurricane.
Yeah, too cliché, but it'd be kind of nice... :'3

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:57 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:With a very kick-ass mask and movement!!
You know what? It'd be very cool that the main character meets her, but without the mask she's all shy or something. And with the mark on, she'd be a hurricane.
Yeah, too cliché, but it'd be kind of nice... :'3
:'3 SHY AND UKE WITHOUT THE MASK!? That's too cliche for my taste! XD We're Hispanic, ShezNek! We're fiery, we're passionate and we use ironing cords to discipline our children. *A* The Mexican female wrestler should have a bit of an edge, but that's just me.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:51 pm

For once, you're right. high five 

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:10 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:For once, you're right. high five 
I'm right all the time, ShezNek. You need to have this drilled into your skull. Akira Okuzaki 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 pm

You wish, Walrus Shogun. >:'3

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm in too. I hope this'll be a good anime, I've set my eyes on it too, Luu-kun!

Ah, and the release date of the first episode is set in 6th October!
Spoiler:
You know that Non Non Biyori gets an anime too? On 8th October!

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1219
Armitage GUTS!!! : 166

View user profile http://xxserichanxx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Natsukichan1 wrote:
Ah, and the release date of the first episode is set in 6th October!
Spoiler:
You know that Non Non Biyori gets an anime too? On 8th October!
I didn't know that. Non Non Biyori was supposed to be a short manga series; shocked to see an anime release. o.o Bring on the yuri!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:52 am

Hoho, well I got to know that in a forum^^ It was announced a while ago,.... I think 4 Months now?

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:42 pm

bump 

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Women's Pro-Wrestling! Special shout out to my girlfriend for alerting me on the release of the first episode. >:3 What would I ever do without your big mouth?

So Ichiban is about an idol group called "Sweet Diva" who are brought in by their very attractive manager (look for the dame in the suit below) to offer her girls a new platform- the professional wrestling circuit. The anime revolves around the character of Sakura Hagiwara, one of the top members of "Sweet Diva" along with her girlfriend, Elena Miyazawa. Sakura and Elena volunteer for the wrestling gig with a lot of optimism and confidence. Unaware that it's not as easy as they'd think. In her first ever try-out, Elena tries her luck against a long time pro in the world known as Kazama. Kazama's voice is SEXY AS HELL, Haruka Tomatsu brought out a raspy, almost manly tone of voice that melted my heart. The character is a real bitch though, but after giving Elena a camel clutch, a half crab (or Boston crab, couldn't tell how many legs she synched) and a figure four leglock, Kazama made it clear that this business isn't simple. Any professional wrestler would do the same if you called their sport "fake". I guarantee it. Despite the dungeon punishment Elena received, Sakura challenges Kazama to a televised match, only to end up with really bad results. Kazama not only defeats Sakura easily (with a simple sleeper-hold no less!), but she also humiliates her by flashing Sakura's camel toe for everyone to take pictures of. That's not the end of it though, Kazama failed to mention that this was a hair match. The loser must have her hair cut! Hey Sakura, you got let off easy! There are a lot of wrestling storylines where the loser must shave his or her entire head! Once Kazama finished cutting Sakura's hair, she tells her off in hopes that she learned her lesson. As it turns out, Sakura suddenly found her new calling in life as a professional wrestler. She declares her goal of becoming a pro and defeating Kazama in the future. *A* CLICHE!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!

As a professional wrestling fan (okay, I used to be a bigger fan before the famous promotions like WWE and TNA started stinking up cities with their lousy roster of current wrestlers. The best time to be a wrestling fan was the 80s and the 90s. Maybe a tint of the early 2000s when we had a huge variety of talented women getting more opportunities and attention), I enjoyed this series right off the bat. The series starts off with fanservice (who didn't see this coming?), but unlike most fanservice anime, we get a little back-story for our title character, Sakura. Rather than just moving straight to the fanservice without giving shits. If anything, 'Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai' is clever beyond the fanservice by exposing the wrestling psychology behind the scenes. Remember, wrestling is fake (for the most part) on the surface. The moves they pull inside the right are not fake by any stretch of the imagination. In this series, the character of Kazama makes it clear that it's a brutal sport that isn't for the delicate. During Sakura's brief training, she see her taking what the wrestling profession call "bumps". "Bumps" are self-inflicting moves or slams so you can make the performance look better. If you can sell a "bump", you and your opponent will look very good. Of course, 'Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai' is Japanese wrestling and trust me, the Japanese are stiff in the ring. Barely any ring psychology; just a threshold of pain. Then again, one of wrestling's greatest female athletes in former WWE women's champion, Wendi Richter (before your time, children. Remember, I'm old), did say that shoot wrestling was the best kind of wrestling. Now that was a ladies champion, unlike the models of WWE who are afraid to get hurt.

Overall, 'Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai' is a fun series so far. The yuri levels are definitely there between Elena and Sakura who act like canon girlfriends. I'd even ship Kazama with Sakura seeing how they had such a nice one-night stand in the ring. The anime didn't disappoint at all and I look forward to the rest. If I do have any complaints, it's THE Facking BLURRY CENSORING OF BOOBS! THEY PULLED A PG-13 RATED MANYUU HIKENCHOU ON THIS EPISODE! >:3 UNCENSORED EPISODES MUST EXIST! I WANT THEM FOUND! FIND THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Yuri!!!
+ Men are irrelevant.
+ Guilty pleasure cliches
+ Wrestling references galore
+ BARE BOOBIES...
- ...if we could see them. ;A;
- Generic opening.
+/- Generic animation.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Gotta watch this!!! *A*/
And I could see in a screen shot a lady with a mask!! (it has cat ears...but still! Is a mask!!)

And don't worry, Luu. I bet the censor will be gone in the DVD/Bluray. Just as it always (or most the time) does with anime.

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsukichan1 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:03 am

Yeah.... Well, I don't mind it^^
Can't wait for the second episode^^

Natsukichan1
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:39 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Gotta watch this!!! *A*/
And I could see in a screen shot a lady with a mask!! (it has cat ears...but still! Is a mask!!)

And don't worry, Luu. I bet the censor will be gone in the DVD/Bluray. Just as it always (or most the time) does with anime.
True. I gotta be patient with these things! XD I'm just used to getting quick access to Manyuu Hikenchou's uncensored episodes that I thought these fansubbers would find some way around it. Then again, this was on Japanese TV...but don't they have uncut adult channels?

Natsukichan1 wrote:Yeah.... Well, I don't mind it^^
Can't wait for the second episode^^
Me too, Nats. I really enjoyed it. :o 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:46 pm

I wonder if the girls will use the normal wrestling techniques, or the creators decided to go overboard and pull impossible moves. Razz

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:41 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:I wonder if the girls will use the normal wrestling techniques, or the creators decided to go overboard and pull impossible moves. Razz
I did mention the moves they did in my review. All of them were very basic moves and submission holds like the camel clutch and the sleeper hold. :'3 If they wanted to branch out, they can copy some of the moves seen in the WWE. Elena doing Bret Hart's sharpshooter, Kazama doing the Stone Cold Stunner or even scarier...Sakura doing The Rock's People's Elbow. Shiho Huit 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:46 pm

bump 

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! Episode 2 Review by Luu Sky Sapphire:

Our episode begins with Sakura making it clear to her fellow Sweet Diva members that she is pursuing this new career as a pro-wrestler to defend their honor. The others are worried about losing their center vocalist, but when Elena shows up on TV during an interview, she mentions that she will become the center vocalist in Sakura's place. This was so Sakura can focus on her new dream.

Sakura begins her training at BerSerk with Nishihara, Sakura's brand new personal trainer/coach. Nishihara is a no-nonsense woman who is determined to polish Sakura into a perfect wrestler. After 100 bench presses, push ups and 1,000 squats, she's already off to a promising start! You have to admire Sakura, she doesn't let up even on her first day of training. Her fellow trainees are just as impressed as I am!

Nishihara now thinks she's ready for a little sparring match. This "sparring" match is more like a lesson in taking bumps, as I've mentioned in my previous review. Sakura took a nasty and quite stiff back suplex with authority. Nishihara is making her pay her dues in spades and that's what you have to do in this business. Especially if you're a woman. Also in this scene, Nishihara says a BRILLIANT line:

"I'm not such a bad wrestler that I'd let her get hurt."

This is the mentality of a great professional wrestler. Though you do take a beating in the ring, you shouldn't be feeling anymore pain than the typical football player. You protect yourself and your opponent in that ring. A good wrestler can kick someone full blast in the face, but did you ever wonder why there's no big bruise afterward? That is art. If you purposely hurt someone during a match, you're not only terrible, but there's no art in the match. Again, that's why I don't like Japanese wrestling all that much. Because of their stiffness in the ring, they completely miss the point of ring psychology, but now I'm getting way ahead of myself.

Anyway, Nishihara continues to punish Sakura, Stu Hart style, by making her take various submission holds. HAVE SOME DISCIPLINE! Submission is all about taking the pain and fighting to get out of holds, it's literally human on human torture when applied correctly. Even UFC fighters know this. Just when you think Sakura would tap out (the traditional way of signaling a give up during a match), she gets right back up! Now I love Nishihara's reaction here, she's all like *______* AHHH~~ I HAVE FOUND MY NEW INSPIRATION! Nishihara is pleased with Sakura's fighting spirit and resilience that she continues the practice, despite Sakura being in rough shape.

Sakura's trainees send in a good report for her, but they still believe she isn't a true pro-wrestler yet because her determined may lean towards stubbornness rather than love for the sport. At this point, three months have passed and now Sakura is being treated to a secret meeting...strange. When she enters the dark room, she finds Nishihara and suddenly the lights return and we see all the ladies of BerSerk, including Rio Kazama herself (PLEASE TALK MORE. I LOVE YOUR VOICE). The promoter tells Sakura that she'll have to endure the "Hell of a Hundred Throws" to be accepted as a pro. The way "Hell of a Hundred Throws" works is the following: Ten wrestlers will throw you ten times each. Ergo, a hundred throws. If Sakura can take them all, she will be accepted and debut as a pro. Now this is quite the initiation...and quite the painful one! Even when Sakura protects her landing, she is still feeling loads of pain from all these pro women. Once Sakura reached 90, barely able to stand mind you, Kazama tells her to just give up. Sakura refuses and kindly requests the final ten throws. The look on Kazama's face is priceless. LOL!

What the?! Kazama delivers a vicious CHOKE SLAM!? GOOD lady fumi ALMIGHTY! SHE KILLED HER! That's it, she's dead...WILL SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH!

Surprisingly, Sakura isn't dead but she is passed out from the pain. In a nice moment of respect, all the pro-woman with the exception of Kazama, call out to her to get up. If she doesn't get up, her 100th throw won't count. With all her strength, Sakura gets up and wins the challenge. I find it interesting that Kazama held back on the 100th throw! Deep down, she does respect Sakura for making it this far, so she held back to guarantee that her and Sakura meet again in the future.

THERE GOES THAT DAMN CENSORING AGAIN! ;_;

Now that Sakura has become a professional wrestler, her first match is against a second year named Suzumoto Chinatsu, another up and comer. During their fight, Suzumoto applies the Boston crab on Sakura and there's an awesome moment where Sakura tries to reach for the ropes. In wrestling, when you're in a submissive move, the only way to break a submission move on command is by grabbing the robes, hence a "rope break". Unfortunately, Suzumoto prevents a rope break from happening and pulls Sakura back to the center of the ring. OUCH! Sakura has no choice but to submit, losing the match. Just when she thinks her match was a major embarrassment, her fans and even her opponent give her props. Sportsmanship...where art thou in real life!?

I love this series so far. There's nothing ground breaking about it, yet it managed to reawaken my love for the sport of pro-wrestling and how it works. The anime covers ring psychology, which I feel viewers should understand better. Sakura continues to be very likable among her colorful cast of characters. She has a lot of heart, enough to keep us invested until the end of her journey. The anime even avoided a cliche by having her lose her first match. Trust me, in a lesser anime, she would of won and it would of been predictable.

+ Ring psychology
+ BOOBIES!
+ We *like* Sakura
+ Cliche avoided!
- Recycled animation

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:08 pm

bump 

I'd like to apologize for not reviewing episodes 3 to 12 of Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! individually. I got so busy during it's run that I didn't have time to review anything beyond Kill la Kill and maybe a few episodes of Walkure Romanze. I just got the entire series on DVD and finished it two days ago. So I will be giving my overall thoughts on the series:

As I mentioned in my episode 1 and 2 reviews, Sekai follows the story of idol singer Sakura Hagiwara; a very determined girl with a lot of heart who ended up joining the painful world of professional wrestling to defend her group's (Sweet Diva) honor. Going from idol to pro-wrestler is unheard of! To me anyway. In the states, models or singers turned wrestlers isn't a very good idea. They are usually very sloppy in the ring and are considered the "bathroom break" performers. Luckily for anyone that watches this series, Sakura and the entire Berserk roster are much better wrestlers than any we've ever seen on TV. In fact, the girls of Berserk remind me a lot of the tough women from the GLOW, LPWA and early WWF days. They all believe in being tough in the ring, being able to take the toughest of slams and submission holds. Reminds me a lot of Wendi Richter...before your time.

Berserk's world heavyweight champion Misaki Toyoda is introduced into the series and gives Sakura a lesson she'll never forget. One that would make Stu Hart blush. In episodes 3-4, Sakura is on a massive losing streak, tapping out to the same hold each time (the Boston Crab). Misaki places her in the hold during their training, teaching her to endure the pain and find escapes. Sakura is paying her dues by losing over 60 times, but when she finally gets her victory over Rio Kazama (the badass chick who kicked Sakura ass in the beginning), it felt like a crowing moment for her. Sakura's stock rose to new heights and all her Sweet Diva fanboys believed in her again.

For the rest of the series, Sakura would continue to apply Misaki's training and philosophy into her own matches, winning countless times. Though at one point, Misaki suffers a leg injury that puts her out of a match she was supposed to have with World champion of everything, Jackal Tojou. Jackal is the one who taught Misaki everything she knew, so when she saw Sakura's recent wave of victories, she figures Sakura would be the best candidate to face her in a exhibition match. I loved the match between Sakura and Jackal, it told a fantastic story like any good wrestling match should if booked right. You have this rising star wrestling against the highest ranked wrestler on Earth. Though Jackal could of beaten Sakura in three different situations, she chose to continue the match just so she can make Sakura look good. This is exactly how professional wrestling is in real life. The hero should make the villain look great and vice versa, if the fans are to buy into the match. Something magical happens towards the end of the match, Jackal finally decides it's time to put Sakura away. But with the 1-2-WHAT!? Sakura kicked out on her own!? This surprised Jackal who nailed Sakura with some of her hardest maneuvers. Sadly, Sakura did not win the match, but does it even matter? She went 20 minutes with Jackal and kicked out of her 3rd signature move. From there, the audience must be thinking, "nobody ranked lower than Jackal can beat Sakura!" You'd be wrong. Towards the end of the series, Sakura gets her greatest opponent yet and I did not see this person coming and this is why (spoiler tabbed):

Spoiler:
Elena Miyazawa expressed strong desire to have Sakura return to Sweet Diva to continue her idol career. Sakura was supposed to return to Sweet Diva as soon as she defeated Rio Kazama. Her heart broke in two when Sakura decided to remain in professional wrestling. I had a feeling Elena would become a thorn in Sakura's side later on, BUT NOT A PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER HERSELF! It's revealed that Elena trained in secret to prepare herself to defeat Sakura. It was the only way to bring her back to Sweet Diva. Elena (disguised for a few episodes as The Blue Panther) even got revenge on Kazama by knocking her out very easily. It's a very yuri thing for Elena to accomplish something she didn't have any desire in just for Sakura's sake. So when they finally had their match, it was a personal war of love. :''''3 In my eyes.

Overall, Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! will never be remembered as a classic. The series is predictable, the characters are stock at times, fanservice is in your face and the suggestive screams of pain by Ayana Taketatsu (lovely seiyuu btw) can bother viewers. I found this series to be a lot of fun; maybe it's because I'm a long time wrestling fan and love how psychology and the inner-workings of the business made their way into the series, regardless of the fanservice aspect. There's an intelligence to the writing and I'm glad that intelligence is applied to the wrestling aspect. The moves are great, the matches are better than anything WWE can put on. In fact, Sakura Hagiwara vs. Elena Miyazawa will most likely be better than every match on the Wrestlemania XXX card. There's more good than bad in this series and I didn't even get to the other brilliant episodes like when Sakura wrestled Moe Fukuoka. Sakura allowed this young up-and-comer to give her a great match out of respect for her. Very classy.

Luu Sky Sapphire gives Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! a  3/5.

tenoh  tenoh  tenoh / tenoh  tenoh  tenoh  tenoh  tenoh 

Not bad!

+ Fantastic in-ring storytelling
+ Very entertaining
+ The twist
- Fanservice make turn off casual viewers
- Series doesn't pick up until episode 4. In a 12 episode series, that's not a good thing.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:12 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top