Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

If Nao Yuuki loved and respected her mother so much...

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: If Nao Yuuki loved and respected her mother so much...

Post by Highman on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:39 pm

GAP wrote:
Highman wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:
Highman wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:Right...
But I bet Mama Yuuki found out and that's why she sent Nao with Yukariko and forced her to become a nun...
That's what I said.....Nao Yuuki 
XD Sorry I repeated the same...

I still wonder how Nao agreed...could there have been a worst punishment instead of being a nun?? :shock: 
Well she could've thrown Nao into the wolves like it was nothing or make her work as a hooker for payment to Mama Yuuki hospital finances.:twisted: :twisted: 

Mama Yuuki is one crazy mama....:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
Now, Now even Mama Yuuki isn't that crazy. She is trying to get Nao out of that lifestyle.
For sugar mama's like Mama Yuuki who has affiliation with criminal underworld and now wanting to make amends with her daughter. She'll do anything to keep her daughter away and become part owner of Midori HiME Sentai Force of Fuuka.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Highman wrote:
GAP wrote:
Highman wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:
Highman wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:Right...
But I bet Mama Yuuki found out and that's why she sent Nao with Yukariko and forced her to become a nun...
That's what I said.....Nao Yuuki 
XD Sorry I repeated the same...

I still wonder how Nao agreed...could there have been a worst punishment instead of being a nun?? :shock: 
Well she could've thrown Nao into the wolves like it was nothing or make her work as a hooker for payment to Mama Yuuki hospital finances.:twisted: :twisted: 

Mama Yuuki is one crazy mama....:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
Now, Now even Mama Yuuki isn't that crazy. She is trying to get Nao out of that lifestyle.
For sugar mama's like Mama Yuuki who has affiliation with criminal underworld and now wanting to make amends with her daughter. She'll do anything to keep her daughter away and become part owner of Midori HiME Sentai Force of Fuuka.
Mama Yuuki had a secret life who know? Shizuru Fujino 

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 418
Armitage GUTS!!! : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Watch the double posting, Highman. The edit tab is your bed fellow.

CaptainVonCookie wrote:I think Nao secretly likes Shizuru and she can't stand it! She showed her the discipline she didn't have on her life! Mommy issues and all that.

I think that if Mama Yuuki did find someone, whatever the gender, even though she looks like the type to be in a polyamorous relationship much to Nao's chagrin. Nao would just suck it up and act sulky everywhere.
And snap at everyone that made fun of her two mommies and two daddies.
The polyamorous theory blew my mind, so I'll just concentrate on the former. XD

Shizuru handing Nao her cute little tush could of made her feel attraction. That's why all she thinks about is Shizuru, at least when her or Natsuki are around (further proof of ShizNa becoming canon during the events of Kuro no Mai) Has anyone here watched Revolutionary Girl Utena? There's a scene where Utena (in Anthy's body) slaps one of the bully girls and her response was "You...you slapped me. Even my own mother never slapped me." The same thought process may apply to the rebellious Nao and it might be a turn on for her. nao lick 

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:24 am

I like the polyamorous theory though! Together with the theory above that Mama Yuuki will get her daughter out of being a nun and earning money working on the corners for her medical expenses... We can even assume she'd keep pimping her daughter to support her many lovers and a certain level of lifestyle!
But I think we could argue that if she wanted to make peace with her daughter she'd just teach her the ropes and recruit Nao's schoolmates to do the dirty jobs.

CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:24 am

CaptainVonCookie wrote:I like the polyamorous theory though! Together with the theory above that Mama Yuuki will get her daughter out of being a nun and earning money working on the corners for her medical expenses... We can even assume she'd keep pimping her daughter to support her many lovers and a certain level of lifestyle!
But I think we could argue that if she wanted to make peace with her daughter she'd just teach her the ropes and recruit Nao's schoolmates to do the dirty jobs.
Her mother might approve of Nao's shenanigans if she feels the pay is above and beyond, which it usually is. If you watched episode 8 with the school festival, Nao also preys on the filthy rich. Yes, I assume that guy was rich because he was looking all sharp in his cheap suit. XD

[s]Off-topic Easter Egg: "Blue Sky" Foreshadowing Arika Yumemiya, are we Sunrise Inc?[/s]

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyohime8 on Mon May 04, 2015 10:13 pm

The Nao expert is here! She does love her mom why else would her mom be her most important person?

Kiyohime8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 103
Armitage GUTS!!! : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue May 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Kiyohime8 wrote:The Nao expert is here! She does love her mom why else would her mom be her most important person?

That is true, though it raises questions on why Nao would lower herself to get back at the world; most specifically-men. We never got her mother's opinion on things (we couldn't, but still, it would of been intriguing if it had been possible).

See, all of Nao's anger is projected at people who have nothing to do with her hatred. This is the girl who directly blamed Mai (and Natsuki) for her eye injury. I believe that was Duran. XD

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyohime8 on Wed May 20, 2015 8:45 pm

I believe if Nao had more time she could of dominated the carnival with her love of her mom as her rival says
Childs creatures who grow stranger with affection wrote:

Kiyohime8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 103
Armitage GUTS!!! : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri May 22, 2015 11:19 pm

Kiyohime8 wrote:I believe if Nao had more time she could of dominated the carnival with her love of her mom as her rival says

That's a fair statement, and quite possible! I think it was just difficult to compete with the following:

1. Mai being the summoner of Kagutsuchi
2. Shizuru's love for Natsuki
3. Mikoto/Miroku's Obsidian boost

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Kiyohime8 wrote:I believe if Nao had more time she could of dominated the carnival with her love of her mom as her rival says

I guess you might be right although to be fair, Natsuki didn't notice this until very late into the story.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:31 pm

GAP wrote:

I guess you might be right although to be fair, Natsuki didn't notice this until very late into the story.

Yeah. By then, Nao was already defeated. Still, the idea of Nao being a force of nature is hard to believe, given the circumstances I've listed before. Even if she had made Kiyohime fall, all bets are off with Kagutsuchi. The swinger can only do so much against something that can survive and navigate the vacuum of space.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:17 am

Indeed, Kagutsuhi is one of the more powerful CHILDs and it would had destroyed Julia however Mai isn't that person...unless it involves Takumi somehow.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:27 pm

GAP wrote:Indeed, Kagutsuhi is one of the more powerful CHILDs and it would had destroyed Julia however Mai isn't that person...unless it involves Takumi somehow.

Their last encounter did involve Takumi, though. Arika Yumemiya No matter what, Nao was destined to wake the sleeping giant in some way. It's a good thing Mikoto got involved; even I wanted Nao to survive the Carnival a bit longer. o.o

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:13 am

Julia's specialty is sneaking around and trapping people in her webs. If Nao were more tactical she could had stuck with that but Nao was just poking a beehive expecting not to be attacked by bees.I guess it isn't fair to say that as Nao is only human after all.

Last edited by GAP on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:56 pm

GAP wrote:Julia's specialty is sneaking around and trapping people in her webs. If Nao wee more tactical she could had stuck with that but Nao was just poking a beehive expecting not to be attacked by bees.I guess it isn't fair to say that as Nao is only human after all.

Nao always thought she was on control of everything. To be fair, she doesn't really meddle in affairs. That would be Midori, as much as I love her. XD Don't hurt me, Midori-sensei.

drunk <---- Too intoxicated.

Natsuki fans won't admit it, but I'll never deny that Nao had two opportunities to kill her. But web bondage, man...must be her "thing".

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GAP wrote:Julia's specialty is sneaking around and trapping people in her webs. If Nao wee more tactical she could had stuck with that but Nao was just poking a beehive expecting not to be attacked by bees.I guess it isn't fair to say that as Nao is only human after all.

Nao always thought she was on control of everything. To be fair, she doesn't really meddle in affairs. That would be Midori, as much as I love her. XD Don't hurt me, Midori-sensei.

drunk  <---- Too intoxicated.

Natsuki fans won't admit it, but I'll never deny that Nao had two opportunities to kill her. But web bondage, man...must be her "thing".

Indeed. If Nao were a bit smarter, she could had taken out a dangerous rival although that wouldn't protect her from a rival's lover and a certain hot blooded teenager.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:34 pm

GAP wrote:
Indeed. If Nao were a bit smarter, she could had taken out a dangerous rival although that wouldn't protect her from a rival's lover and a certain hot blooded teenager.

Makes you wonder why Shizuru found Nao's little hiding spot in the first place. Natsuki leaves on hell of a scent... omg

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:23 pm

Or maybe Shizuru is just that good at tracking Natsuki.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:12 pm

GAP wrote:Or maybe Shizuru is just that good at tracking Natsuki.

She does know Natsuki better than Natsuki knows herself. Shizuru Fujino

Shizuru reads everyone like a book, especially Haruka. That's why she wasn't phased by her; and Nao was the icing on the cake. Ironically, the only one Shizuru couldn't analyze was herself. But, that's a different topic altogether.

As a quick plug, check out our recent podcast on Shizuru:

We'll cover Nao's character and character development in the future.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Sun May 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Just adding my two penneth worth.

Personally, I feel that Nao is using her scam for her mother's benefit. No less a source than Wikipedia states that a patient & their family are liable to pay 30% of all medical costs (though I have no idea whether or not this arrangement was in place back in 2004-5).

As such, Nao would have to stump up a considerable sum (in light of her mother's desperate condition) to pay for her mother's care. Whereas Mai chooses her tireless part-time work hobby, Nao is an altogether more cynical being.

Once tempted by the more lucrative criminal route, she would have to find a scam which she could mentally rationalise: her victims were only meeting her to use & abuse her, so she is simply getting her retaliation in first.

Of course, what she did before her HiME powers awakened is another matter, though, once Julia appeared on the scene, she is simply following Mashiro's advice (as she herself admits) and using her power in the way she wanted.

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 445
Armitage GUTS!!! : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon May 09, 2016 11:20 pm

Break String SpinElf wrote:
As such, Nao would have to stump up a considerable sum (in light of her mother's desperate condition) to pay for her mother's care. Whereas Mai chooses her tireless part-time work hobby, Nao is an altogether more cynical being.

Stealing from minimum wage teenagers and wealthy Japanese men does produce better results than what Mai usually makes at Linden Baum. But Mai's chasing of the Japanese dream is honest and true! That's the obvious contrast between Mai and Nao. Reverse the circumstances, though, would Mai do the same? I doubt it. It's contradictory to her character.

Break String SpinElf wrote:Once tempted by the more lucrative criminal route, she would have to find a scam which she could mentally rationalise: her victims were only meeting her to use & abuse her, so she is simply getting her retaliation in first.

Of course, what she did before her HiME powers awakened is another matter, though, once Julia appeared on the scene, she is simply following Mashiro's advice (as she herself admits) and using her power in the way she wanted.

That's not made clear. It would be riskier for Nao to pull fast ones on men without her HiME powers. The discovery of Julia and her Element changed the playing field forever. Like she says in episode 7, "What we do with our power is up to us." A clear indication that her abilities put her, in her mind, above normal people. Shit, since Mashiro was okay with it, that just strengthens her stance further. Come to think of it, when Mashiro assembled the HiME against the SEARRS army, she didn't enforce the "no-killing" policy. Damn! No wonder Nao was enjoying herself!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Tue May 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Stealing from minimum wage teenagers and wealthy Japanese men does produce better results than what Mai usually makes at Linden Baum. But Mai's chasing of the Japanese dream is honest and true! That's the obvious contrast between Mai and Nao. Reverse the circumstances, though, would Mai do the same? I doubt it. It's contradictory to her character.

Agreed. Plus, whereas Nao is acting out her anger against the men who destroyed her family by victimising men, Mai is haunted by her own part in her mother's demise. In terms of blaming people who have taken away loved ones, it's perhaps worth comparing Nao's hatred with Mai's reaction to Mikoto, albeit Mikoto (after taking out Yatagarasu) is visibly remorseful & Mai's declaration of love for Mikoto comes after the resurrection of the MVPs.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Break String SpinElf wrote:Once tempted by the more lucrative criminal route, she would have to find a scam which she could mentally rationalise: her victims were only meeting her to use & abuse her, so she is simply getting her retaliation in first.

That's not made clear. It would be riskier for Nao to pull fast ones on men without her HiME powers. The discovery of Julia and her Element changed the playing field forever. Like she says in episode 7, "What we do with our power is up to us." A clear indication that her abilities put her, in her mind, above normal people. Shit, since Mashiro was okay with it, that just strengthens her stance further. Come to think of it, when Mashiro assembled the HiME against the SEARRS army, she didn't enforce the "no-killing" policy. Damn! No wonder Nao was enjoying herself!

Thanks for the feedback Luu-sama. My idea of Nao "getting her retaliation in first" is more my trying to delve into her thought process (all men are bastards) and there are difficulties with the idea as you say. Whether or not she had tried this sort of scam before her powers awakened is anyone's guess. As you say, her powers do give her a sense of superiority, certainly vis-à-vis the law (she's a one-cute-brat crimewave whose career seems to escalate as the show goes on), and why not? She's one of a very select number of girls fighting for some then-unclear great & noble destiny. Who will stop her if she decides to have a bit of fun at the expense of what she sees as the plebs?

Of course, it's worth noticing that, associated with her narcissistic streak, she does harbour an intense jealousy towards Natsuki: she is labouring under the misapprehension that Natsuki enjoys wealth & privilege, her apartment paid for from parental largesse, and corrects Natsuki's assumption that she sleeps with the men she meets - who Nao claims are "just like" the housebreakers who put her mother in hospital.

Sorry for rambling. Suffice to say Nao would make an interesting criminology case study... Nao Yuuki

Break String SpinElf
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 445
Armitage GUTS!!! : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Wed May 11, 2016 3:07 am

I am no criminologist but she does seem like an interesting character to write about.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:24 pm

GAP wrote:I am no criminologist but she does seem like an interesting character to write about.

That's because Nao is probably the only character in the series who is driven by motive and animal instinct (post-eye injury. Bad, Duran dodge! BAD!)

It took a Fujino to wash the spider out...

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:10 am

Nao is a fascinating character in her own way. Just look at this very thread.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:07 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top