Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Fruits Basket Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fruits Basket Discussion Thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:02 am

Fruits Basket is a series about the cursed Sohma family and the hardworking kind girl who stumbles across their secret. They transform into the 12 animals of the zodiac when hugged by a person of the opposite gender!

cat : Meoooooow.

My bad. The 12 animals, plus the cat.

The manga ran much longer than the anime series. My ex-gf and roommate Mitchie is a huge fan of the series, mainly the manga incarnation. I did read the first 5 or so volumes, but don't remember too much. The anime I do recall quite well. Arisa Uotani (YANKI!!!) was my favorite character, she's so badass and caring for Tohru Honda. <3 Kyo was my favorite Sohma family member since cats rule! (in Fruits Basket anyway). I don't see the fascination with Yuki, damn rat. xD

So, anyone else watch this cool series? ^_^

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Fruits Basket Discussion Thread

Post by Kicchu on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:10 am

Yep! I've watched it and I've read all of the manga, too. ^^ I am a really big fan of Fruits Basket and it was the first manga I ever bought. The anime was pretty well done story wise, until the end, but it still remains one of my favorite. When I was younger, I really liked Kyo(and one of my friends even bought me one of those Kyo-cat plushies for Christmas), but now I'm not so sure. In the manga, I got quite a liking for Kureno, though. x3

I do Arisa and Hana, too. ^^ They bring such enjoyment to the series.

Hahah, Fruits Basket is the series that I somehow got EVERYONE into back in high school... and even a little afterward, as well. ^^;

Kicchu
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 257
Armitage GUTS!!! : 94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GaleLupin-Otome on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:57 am

Yeah, Fruits basket is one of the best Anime/Manga out there. It was one of the few mangas I bought too! I really wished they continued the Anime though, to include Rin and Kureno, but it's not happening anytime soon I guess.

The beauty of fruits basket is the light colours they use, it makes everything look fresh and so pwetty! (*Laugh*) but I loved the jokes the best, like how Ayame teases Yuki and Kyo, priceless!!

What's cooler is the english dub is actually better than the original japanese, well I think so anyway, so you'll have much more fun watching it in english.

GaleLupin-Otome
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 29
Armitage GUTS!!! : 4

View user profile http://GaleRider.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Haha, good to see more fans here! ^_^ Arisa and Hana are just awesome, Kicchu. X3 Whenever Hana goes apeshit...XDDD Recipe for lolz!

GaleLupin-Otome wrote:What's cooler is the english dub is actually better than the original japanese, well I think so anyway, so you'll have much more fun watching it in english.

I think so too. I only say that because it was the first GOOD Funimation dub, imo. In fact, it was the Funimation dub that made them okay in my eyes. Before with Dragon Ball Z's dub, I thought my ears were gonna bleed lobsters. They tried a lot harder with Fruits Basket and it shows with (for example...) Laura Bailey's amazing performance as Tohru Honda.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:02 pm

kyo-kitty rules, he's cute and i feel sorry for him!!!! >> never liked yuki-rat....
i'm a huge fan of fruits basket manga. so much better than the anime.
the anime does get points for that trippy Chiisana Inori ending theme :3333
la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1359
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:29 am

Sponsored content