Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:07 pm




---

After hearing Shizuru's "Kanin na" apology, you'd think everything would be back to normal. Back to a level where Shizuru and Nao would respect each other and put the events of the Carnival arc to rest. Or are we not seeing Nao's true feelings on the matter? In this thread, we will discuss whether or not Nao still carries animosity towards Shizuru for trying to kill her on two separate occasions and being the one who sent her mother into the next world.

To me, Nao still carries hatred for Shizuru; and if not hatred, then it's a very strong disliking. I've always felt that Nao thought she was bad, but not THAT bad. Not until she met the murderous crazy person who saved Natsuki. In the screen shots above, you see Nao showing both distrust and contempt for Shizuru. Is it possible that Nao is unable to understand why everyone is giving Shizuru free passes on the things she's done in the past? Natsuki most of all, someone she considers somewhat of a pal now. Case and point:





Because *I* firmly believe Natsuki and Shizuru are dating during the events of Kuro no Mai, Nao's implication of revenge on Shizuru worried Natsuki. So to add to the topic discussion, how much does Natsuki know about Nao's feelings on the matter?

Discuss, rant and rave! Shizuru Fujino Natsuki Kuga Nao Yuuki

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Ice Silver Crystal on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:14 pm

umm, Nao's very cautious of Shizuru.
she thinks that she sees right through Shizuru.
maybe see a part of her Natsuki does not see.
Natsuki-chan's understanding of Nao's feelings as can see in your photos luu.
no matter what happened between them i think natsuki is the peacekeeper.

Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Posts : 820
Bubuzuke points : 1342
Armitage GUTS!!! : 484
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 24
Location : Fuuka Gakuen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:31 am

We all should know how Nao is: If there has been no harm done, then she'll cut you some slack at the very least (ex. Nao and Mikoto); if you do her wrong, then she'll hate you forever, because you can't trust anyone but yourself (ex. Nao and Shizuru; Nao and the men who ruined her family); or if she doesn't want anyone to get in her way, then she'll have fun with her games by kidnapping people (ex. Natsuki x2 and Takumi)

Just throwing it out there

Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Posts : 9116
Bubuzuke points : 9893
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593
Join date : 2012-07-21
Age : 26
Location : Purgatory

View user profile http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by PostoronnimV on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:19 am

I think that, yes, Nao still carries a grudge against Shizuru... If we look at the situation rationally... the first time, Shizuru was not trying to destroy her child or kill her, Shizuru only saved Natsuki... but, unfortunately, Nao was never a rational or logical character to begin with... So somehow after that Shizuru became her target O_o ... the second time, Nao used Natsuki as bait to lure and then take revenge on Shizuru... And, well, Nao was asking for trouble and she got them... She should have think beforehand about what kind of consequences of the defeat of her child would entail...

But her mom was revived, so I think Nao sooner or later will let go of her grudge...


Ice Silver Crystal wrote:she thinks that she sees right through Shizuru. maybe see a part of her Natsuki does not see.
Maybe, but, sadly for Nao, she (unlike Shizuru) is actually not very good at reading people...

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Nao's implication of revenge on Shizuru worried Natsuki. So to add to the topic discussion, how much does Natsuki know about Nao's feelings on the matter?
Nao does not really hide it=)

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Because *I* firmly believe Natsuki and Shizuru are dating during the events of Kuro no Mai
I also think so=)) ... I even think they started dating somewhere around Shizuru's graduation...

Evidence:
Natsuki and Shizuru, together, came from somewhere and they are both blushing giggity


I doubt that Shizuru would have become so openly daring, if their relationship would not have evolved into something more than just best friends=)


PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 241
Bubuzuke points : 366
Armitage GUTS!!! : 119
Join date : 2013-02-26
Age : 28
Location : Russia

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:umm, Nao's very cautious of Shizuru.
she thinks that she sees right through Shizuru.
maybe see a part of her Natsuki does not see.
Natsuki-chan's understanding of Nao's feelings as can see in your photos luu.
no matter what happened between them i think natsuki is the peacekeeper.

Natsuki is the peace keeper, I agree. She's the only one who can visit both mob houses and not get shot. XD When you're in a relationship with one girl and have developed somewhat of a friendship based on respect, the pressure is on! LOL!

Nymphetamine wrote:We all should know how Nao is: If there has been no harm done, then she'll cut you some slack at the very least (ex. Nao and Mikoto); if you do her wrong, then she'll hate you forever, because you can't trust anyone but yourself (ex. Nao and Shizuru; Nao and the men who ruined her family); or if she doesn't want anyone to get in her way, then she'll have fun with her games by kidnapping people (ex. Natsuki x2 and Takumi)

Just throwing it out there

You're not wrong, D, I just don't think Nao would ever try to murder Shizuru as revenge (in case anyone thinks that). Would she like to? It's a high possibility, but even she knows enough bloodshed took place during the Carnival. Her revenge would be more subtle, though it's difficult to pull a fast one on Shizuru. I think that girl perfected the arts of woman's intuition. Shizuru Kaichou 

PostoronnimV wrote:
I also think so=)) ... I even think they started dating somewhere around Shizuru's graduation...

Evidence:
Natsuki and Shizuru, together, came from somewhere and they are both blushing giggity


I doubt that Shizuru would have become so openly daring, if their relationship would not have evolved into something more than just best friends=)


ShizNat  Oh that's just too cute~ About that double blush shot, do you suppose the others are still in the dark about Shizuru and Natsuki's relationship or is it that obvious already? Wink Debatable!

Yes indeed, V-chan. When you're hugging and entering bathhouses openly, all kinds of signals are sent. I think I just answered my own question from before. X3 Because Shizuru is so open, their relationship is perfectly obvious. And guess what? Nobody cares that it's a relatonship between two girls. No bigots at Fuuka...other than Miss Suzushiro. Trollface 

Back to Nao, I'm pretty much in agreement with V-chan's say. Do you think Nao can live with the misery brought upon her by Shizuru? Sure her mother is back and all, but it doesn't seem like Nao appreciates the two murder attempts. In my opinion ladies, the only thing holding Nao back from doing something stupid and reckless is remembering that the HiME Rangers are a team. Should the circumstances alter...hoo boy. nao lick 

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Kuga Natsuki on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:11 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Because *I* firmly believe Natsuki and Shizuru are dating during the events of Kuro no Mai
I also think so=)) ... I even think they started dating somewhere around Shizuru's graduation...

Evidence:
Natsuki and Shizuru, together, came from somewhere and they are both blushing giggity


I doubt that Shizuru would have become so openly daring, if their relationship would not have evolved into something more than just best friends=)


Shiho Huit Off-topic, but in the HiME guidebook, it states that Natsuki did spoke affectionately to the graduating Shizuru once again, and before one knows, happiness will be there for both of them. It's possible that Shizuru was just more happy and open that Natsuki accepted her feelings and doesn't give 2 shits and facks if others know, and maybe before Kuro no Mai, the two got together, as the two seem a bit less subtle (and Natsuki not looking so shy), because at the last episode of Mai-HiME, Natsuki seemed a bit shy and nervous - Shizuru back-hugging her and walking in on her in the bath XD Oh and we can't forget Natsuki's necklace. Be-my-girlfriend gift? Perhaps~ Shiho Huit 

Luu, there's a debatable topic about on the theory of Natsuki and Shizuru getting together, no? Akira Okuzaki If no, then maybe I could make one Shiho Huit

Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Posts : 9116
Bubuzuke points : 9893
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593
Join date : 2012-07-21
Age : 26
Location : Purgatory

View user profile http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:32 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:Luu, there's a debatable topic about on the theory of Natsuki and Shizuru getting together, no? Akira Okuzaki If no, then maybe I could make one Shiho Huit

Not a whole thread centered around it, no. It's just a topic that surfaces a lot when discussing their relationship in general. Just in case, D, scan through the entire ShizNat section to be sure.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by CaptainVonCookie on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:22 am

I don't think Nao kept any kind of animosity towards Shizuru. It just seems like a kind of friendly rivalry. I think Nao will always harbor competitive feelings towards Shizuru kind of like Haruka. They won't become the best of friends at least for now, Nao isn't good with authority figures like Shizuru. And that's what it reminds me of, a sulky kid trying to get back at the mother for disciplining her.

Natsuki knows their backstory, but it isn't even the worst backstory they have in their group and they are all friends. So if someone were to do something to somebody, it would be more of a prank than something serious!

I love that when Nao said that, Natuski imagined Shizuru not in her clothes but in her bathing suit! kawaiidesuplz Good job Natsuki!!!!

CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 368
Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161
Join date : 2011-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Kiros Razer on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:25 am

I know she does due to the special where I got avatar from.
(Forgot specific name)

I believe she holds a grudge and is leery of Shizuru.
I can see her as grudging but will eventually forgive over time.

Mai, she didn't care for much each as well.
Natsuki she didn't like and several others but
she will forgive/forgave them sooner before Shizuru,
she damaged her pride and her defeat was devastating to Nao.

(Yet, Nao tried some the dirty things towards them.
She could of felt a sense of respect to some of them.
However the defeat probably will stick to her longer.)

I mean..her mom has been in recovery for quite some time
and left Nao orphaned, some of the hime had
NO mention of parents or they involved death.

Nao's mom = her most important person.
Think of parental love for those whom have a bond with their parents.

Think of how you'd feel.

I think we can see why hime fought so hard..if we looked at all of them..

Many were along the lines of relationships or those that loved someone on that level.

Love has different types but they are all significant.

I liked Shizuru, but I still have respect for Nao too.

Nao's view of Shizuru's apology: Prove it that you mean it.
Such words and smiling over it mean nothing until you give me a real reason to accept it.

I probably should have read other's views first too,
but I felt I should say what I personally felt or thought anyway..
I sometimes say what is said/or thought before.
I just figured it's best even if that's the case.
I kind of don't think to read through sometimes.sweatdrop 
(Mainly from bad vision)

Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Posts : 603
Bubuzuke points : 733
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112
Join date : 2012-10-21
Age : 36
Location : The Spatula Kingdom

View user profile http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:12 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:I don't think Nao kept any kind of animosity towards Shizuru. It just seems like a kind of friendly rivalry. I think Nao will always harbor competitive feelings towards Shizuru kind of like Haruka. They won't become the best of friends at least for now, Nao isn't good with authority figures like Shizuru. And that's what it reminds me of, a sulky kid trying to get back at the mother for disciplining her.

Natsuki knows their backstory, but it isn't even the worst backstory they have in their group and they are all friends. So if someone were to do something to somebody, it would be more of a prank than something serious!

I love that when Nao said that, Natuski imagined Shizuru not in her clothes but in her bathing suit! kawaiidesuplz Good job Natsuki!!!!

Trust me, Captain, I ALMOST agree with you because what makes it LOOK friendly in the long run is that all of Nao's dirty looks towards Shizuru seem to happen during comedy scenes. These two are not friends in the slightest, that we can agree on! Maybe I just find it impossible that someone with sour grapes like Miss Yuuki would forget everything Shizuru put her through.

Now if you are right Captain, then Nao's revenge plot in Kuro no Mai was just her brainstorming on how she can deliver a punishment just as bad as Reito's. XD

kawaiidesuplz  AW GAWDZ, YESSSSSSS! Another clear sign that they're dating, imo. Natsuki is thinking of Shizuru wearing as little as possible. :'3 You are such a pervert, Kuga. Please don't stop your delicious thinking process!

Kiros Razer wrote:I know she does due to the special where I got avatar from.
(Forgot specific name)

I believe she holds a grudge and is leery of Shizuru.
I can see her as grudging but will eventually forgive over time.

Mai, she didn't care for much each as well.
Natsuki she didn't like and several others but
she will forgive/forgave them sooner before Shizuru,
she damaged her pride and her defeat was devastating to Nao.

(Yet, Nao tried some the dirty things towards them.
She could of felt a sense of respect to some of them.
However the defeat probably will stick to her longer.)

I mean..her mom has been in recovery for quite some time
and left Nao orphaned, some of the hime had
NO mention of parents or they involved death.

Nao's mom = her most important person.
Think of parental love for those whom have a bond with their parents.

Think of how you'd feel.

I think we can see why hime fought so hard..if we looked at all of them..

Many were along the lines of relationships or those that loved someone on that level.

Love has different types but they are all significant.

I liked Shizuru, but I still have respect for Nao too.

Nao's view of Shizuru's apology: Prove it that you mean it.
Such words and smiling over it mean nothing until you give me a real reason to accept it.

I probably should have read other's views first too,
but I felt I should say what I personally felt or thought anyway..
I sometimes say what is said/or thought before.
I just figured it's best even if that's the case.
I kind of don't think to read through sometimes.sweatdrop 
(Mainly from bad vision)

I see where you're coming from, Kiros. It comes down to Nao not being very popular with the other HiME and their own set of friends. Can you blame them? Nao doesn't even have a close friendship with Aoi and Aoi is her roommate AND a friendly person! Even if Shizuru's apology was sincere, that doesn't mean her and Nao should be friends in the slightest. My absolute certainty in all this is that Nao trusts those who can relate and love her for her no matter what. I.e. Her mother and Natsuki.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Kiros Razer on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

I see where you're coming from, Kiros. It comes down to Nao not being very popular with the other HiME and their own set of friends. Can you blame them? Nao doesn't even have a close friendship with Aoi and Aoi is her roommate AND a friendly person! Even if Shizuru's apology was sincere, that doesn't mean her and Nao should be friends in the slightest. My absolute certainty in all this is that Nao trusts those who can relate and love her for her no matter what. I.e. Her mother and Natsuki.
I can't blame their views on her and not everyone can get along.
I don't see Nao as very trusting but rather hurt than be hurt, but not totally a really bad person.. so an interesting personality.

Aoi seemed sweet as can be.. and it probably annoyed her.
Mikoto to Nao probably seemed sweet but not frail or fragile either.
Or wanted to have around to make her feel peaceful and not as angry.
Since I'm thinking of the directors cut ending.

Before I took notice or found interest in her character (due to my gfs views n debates)
I just didn't have much interest in full for her.
Over time I learned each character was unique
and would have tried to understand all of them if I could.

I still don't have a lot of respect for Shiho yet.
Still I try to understand the character.
I can understood your views too.:D 

Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Posts : 603
Bubuzuke points : 733
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112
Join date : 2012-10-21
Age : 36
Location : The Spatula Kingdom

View user profile http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:I can't blame their views on her and not everyone can get along.
I don't see Nao as very trusting but rather hurt than be hurt, but not totally a really bad person.. so an interesting personality.

Aoi seemed sweet as can be.. and it probably annoyed her.
Mikoto to Nao probably seemed sweet but not frail or fragile either.
Or wanted to have around to make her feel peaceful and not as angry.
Since I'm thinking of the directors cut ending.

Before I took notice or found interest in her character (due to my gfs views n debates)
I just didn't have much interest in full for her.
Over time I learned each character was unique
and would have tried to understand all of them if I could.

I still don't have a lot of respect for Shiho yet.
Still I try to understand the character.
I can understood your views too.:D 

Nao struck me as the bad apple in the group, so on my first watch I figured she would be trouble along the way. She tried to kill everyone (Mai, Mikoto, Natsuki, Midori and Nagi) in episode 7, out of frustrations over the "HiME are not allowed to fight each other" rule set by Nagi. I saw that thinking "isn't that a little extreme, Nao?" Just a few episodes later would find Nao cooperating with the HiME, never bringing up her murder attempt. I didn't understand her motives for wanting to kill the HiME (if she had any at all. Remember, she brought the building down out of sour grapes), but her rebellious personality I understood perfectly. We all want to feel loved by other people, but Nao was very selective about who she associates with. That kind of thinking irked me during my first watch of Mai-HiME.

Shiho is another story entirely. XD Without getting off-topic, let me just say that Shiho is simply a character you either understand or hate. There have rarely been any in-betweeners for her jealousy and clinginess to Tate.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by PostoronnimV on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:ShizNat  Oh that's just too cute~ About that double blush shot, do you suppose the others are still in the dark about Shizuru and Natsuki's relationship or is it that obvious already? ;)Debatable!
I think, for a perceptive eye and not so perceptive, it is quite obvious... plus, as you said, Shizuru does not really try to hide it=))

1.)
PostoronnimV wrote:I even think they started dating somewhere around Shizuru's graduation
2.)
Nymphetamine wrote:in the HiME guidebook, it states that Natsuki did spoke affectionately to the graduating Shizuru once again, and before one knows, happiness will be there for both of them.
I do not think that 1.) and 2.) really contradict each other, right?... 2.) is pretty vague phrase... It's also possible that they, indeed, started dating somewhere around Shizuru's graduation... but I do not think that their relationship will immediately become perfect and clear without a single cloud... Natsuki lived in solitude almost all her life and everything related to romance and love is very new to her... and I think it all overwhelmed her at first, therefore she seemed a bit nervous...

Plus, I very much doubt, that Shizuru would do something that would make Natsuki truly uncomfortable... and walking in on her in the bath, if their relationship did not develop into something more of amorous nature, will definitely make Natsuki very uncomfortable, cuz she knows that Shizuru's feelings for her are far from platonic...

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Do you think Nao can live with the misery brought upon her by Shizuru? Sure her mother is back and all, but it doesn't seem like Nao appreciates the two murder attempts.
I truly believe that Nao soner or later will move on... with her mom's support... and maybe with Natsuki's help... because Natsuki had to/did move on from betrayal of her father, who abandoned her when she needed him most; from betrayal of her mother, who sold her as a test subject... so she can help Nao to overcome and let go of the past...

Also methinks, the most traumatic for Nao was the fact that her mother died because of her (by her I mean Nao) and not by the fact that she was defeated by Shizuru. And we all know Nao, that she does not want to see shortcomings in herself and her fault... and therefore she blames everyone except herself. So, to the question 'who is to blame that my mom died?' Her answer is 'of course, Shizuru'... and she forgot that it was she who provoked Shizuru, and she also forgot that she lured Shizuru out to defeat her...

Kiros Razer wrote:Nao's view of Shizuru's apology: Prove it that you mean it.
Such words and smiling over it mean nothing until you give me a real reason to accept it.
I, actually, think that Nao deserves precisely this kind of an apology... cuz she shouldn't expect an apology when she herself didn't apologize to Mikoto or to Mai, or to Takumi... or to anyone, really...


Last edited by PostoronnimV on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:20 am; edited 2 times in total

PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 241
Bubuzuke points : 366
Armitage GUTS!!! : 119
Join date : 2013-02-26
Age : 28
Location : Russia

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Ice Silver Crystal on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:21 am

postoronnimV-san makes good points.
what i can't wrap my head around is if their -Shiznat- relationship is one sided now??
shizuru-san is much more affectionate with Natsuki-san in my opinion.
isn't this a sign to nao-san that shizuru is imperfect or maybe wrong for natsuki?
._. really hate to believe this hypothesis.

Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Posts : 820
Bubuzuke points : 1342
Armitage GUTS!!! : 484
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 24
Location : Fuuka Gakuen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by PostoronnimV on Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:34 am

Ice Silver Crystal wrote:
what i can't wrap my head around is if their -Shiznat- relationship is one sided now??
shizuru-san is much more affectionate with Natsuki-san in my opinion.
I don't think that their relationship is one-sided... Natsuki's just a reserved person...

And for example... Natsuki was very affectionate and tender in this scene:


And Nymph already mentioned, that in the HiME guidebook states...
"Ultimately when the Battle had concluded, Natsuki again spoke affectionately to Shizuru who was graduating.
Before one is aware, happiness will visit these two..."

PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 241
Bubuzuke points : 366
Armitage GUTS!!! : 119
Join date : 2013-02-26
Age : 28
Location : Russia

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 am

I truly believe that Nao soner or later will move on... with her mom's support... and maybe with Natsuki's help... because Natsuki had to/did move on from betrayal of her father, who abandoned her when she needed him most; from betrayal of her mother, who sold her as a test subject... so she can help Nao to overcome and let go of the past...

Also methinks, the most traumatic for Nao was the fact that her mother died because of her (by her I mean Nao) and not by the fact that she was defeated by Shizuru. And we all know Nao, that she does not want to see shortcomings in herself and her fault... and therefore she blames everyone except herself. So, to the question 'who is to blame that my mom died?' Her answer is 'of course, Shizuru'... and she forgot that it was she who provoked Shizuru, and she also forgot that she lured Shizuru out to defeat her...

That would require a lot of pep talks on Natsuki's part. ;)My curiosity surrounds whether or not Nao and Natsuki are on that level of chumminess to comfort and tell each other deep, dark secrets. We somewhat get a glimpse of that in Kuro no Mai, but Nao still seems anti-social. So I can only accept their common thread if Nao gave Natsuki  her own seal of approval. There's a lot the two went through, Nao could use someone to poor her heart out to. Just don't take that statement too literally, NatNao shippers. Nao Yuuki 

Natsuki was a worm on a hook, no, chum tossed for a shark. So I agree completely here. There was no to escape a misguided Shizuru to fought and killed for Natsuki's safety. And you're right, V-chan, she is quick to blame others for her own actions. The thing is, she will never see it that way unless someone like Natsuki, tells her this.

Now a lot of people always say Shizuru should apologize for her actions, but here's a bombshell for you: Did Nao ever apologize for attempted murder, kidnapping and creating more problems for the HiME when Midori's plan was more simple than microwaving hot dog: "DO NO FIGHT EACH OTHER"? Shizuru Fujino

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by CaptainVonCookie on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:07 am

Shizuru is an adult and Nao is a kid. Isn't that why there's such a big discrepancy in the way people view their actions?

CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 368
Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161
Join date : 2011-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:55 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:Shizuru is an adult and Nao is a kid. Isn't that why there's such a big discrepancy in the way people view their actions?

Not necessarily, Oreo. Their ages aren't THAT vastly apart. It's how they present themselves throughout the story and what they do that defines them as characters. At least, that's how I see it. :3

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by CaptainVonCookie on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:39 am

I can see your point, but just like you said in a previous post:
"Did Nao ever apologize for attempted murder, kidnapping and creating more problems for the HiME when Midori's plan was more simple than microwaving hot dog: "DO NO FIGHT EACH OTHER"?"

So I never understood the whole picking on Shizuru. It's not like Nao was a saint or even presented herself that way.. So I thought people just thought of her as a troubled kid with a sad past and gave her a huge break for that.

Trollface you dirty, dirty man! Oreo's are opened, licked thoroughly on the inside, dipped in milk and then eaten! My oh my, I'm blushing!

CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 368
Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161
Join date : 2011-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Kiros Razer on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:40 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Nao struck me as the bad apple in the group, so on my first watch I figured she would be trouble along the way. She tried to kill everyone (Mai, Mikoto, Natsuki, Midori and Nagi) in episode 7, out of frustrations over the "HiME are not allowed to fight each other" rule set by Nagi. I saw that thinking "isn't that a little extreme, Nao?" Just a few episodes later would find Nao cooperating with the HiME, never bringing up her murder attempt. I didn't understand her motives for wanting to kill the HiME (if she had any at all. Remember, she brought the building down out of sour grapes), but her rebellious personality I understood perfectly. We all want to feel loved by other people, but Nao was very selective about who she associates with. That kind of thinking irked me during my first watch of Mai-HiME.

Shiho is another story entirely. XD Without getting off-topic, let me just say that Shiho is simply a character you either understand or hate. There have rarely been any in-betweeners for her jealousy and clinginess to Tate.
I'll state my gfs view that made me think:

"If you lost your family and only survivor is your mother, and she is hospitalized..won't you be angry?"

"The killers were in prison but were still living and in a place where they could receive food and shelter, wouldn't that bother you?"

"She is an angry girl that didn't have peace in her heart over that and could never settle the score with anyone over it."


In that conversation I felt, it warped her mind and maybe her personal thoughts were conflicting. Like how we see her kind of sadistic was..nao saying I'll fight but if I lose make them feel just like me.

(Having Mikoto later as a friend turned her logic to:
This girl's part in the carnival was rough, she fought a dear friend to please her own family member..after all of that she still acts like a child and carefree.. I just want to feel normal..
I guess when we saw Nao in the church at the end, she became part of the church to find inner peace..)

Look at characters that involve losing family members:
(If you know other characters look into their behaviors and thoughts.)
Mireille Bouquet (Strange to a degree, but wanted revenge the killers and conflicted when the actual assassination was done by one she was close to.)
Batman (Comics that guy is as crazy as the Joker)

Nao's reason for wanting to kill the HiME.
To put it in smaller words.

She was Angry, Warped and sadistic.
She was damaged in the mind,
She had logic but not always clear.
When hurt, she wanted others to know how she felt in a crazy way.

As for Shiho.. I found her character more annoying than anything.
I have to give her a chance, I think.

Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Posts : 603
Bubuzuke points : 733
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112
Join date : 2012-10-21
Age : 36
Location : The Spatula Kingdom

View user profile http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by GAP on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:57 am

I don't know if Nao carries a grudge towards Shizuru, I think she more or less moved on from her grudge.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 263
Bubuzuke points : 426
Armitage GUTS!!! : 125
Join date : 2010-12-26
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:09 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:I can see your point, but just like you said in a previous post:
"Did Nao ever apologize for attempted murder, kidnapping and creating more problems for the HiME when Midori's plan was more simple than microwaving hot dog: "DO NO FIGHT EACH OTHER"?"

So I never understood the whole picking on Shizuru. It's not like Nao was a saint or even presented herself that way.. So I thought people just thought of her as a troubled kid with a sad past and gave her a huge break for that.

Trollface you dirty, dirty man! Oreo's are opened, licked thoroughly on the inside, dipped in milk and then eaten! My oh my, I'm blushing!

You're right, Cookie. Personally, I've never read or heard the kid excuse from any Mai-Series fan yet. Should that be the case, I'd have to disagree. Nao isn't Mikoto, you know. The girl does know the difference between right and wrong, she just prefers the latter because it's fun and gets her free cash for movies (her supposed "hobby"...pfft!). Shizuru had an upbringing that molded her to be a mature adult, but she's still a teenager nonetheless. No better or worse than Nao really.

Kiros Razer wrote:I'll state my gfs view that made me think:

"If you lost your family and only survivor is your mother, and she is hospitalized..won't you be angry?"

"The killers were in prison but were still living and in a place where they could receive food and shelter, wouldn't that bother you?"

"She is an angry girl that didn't have peace in her heart over that and could never settle the score with anyone over it."


In that conversation I felt, it warped her mind and maybe her personal thoughts were conflicting. Like how we see her kind of sadistic was..nao saying I'll fight but if I lose make them feel just like me.

(Having Mikoto later as a friend turned her logic to:
This girl's part in the carnival was rough, she fought a dear friend to please her own family member..after all of that she still acts like a child and carefree.. I just want to feel normal..
I guess when we saw Nao in the church at the end, she became part of the church to find inner peace..)

Look at characters that involve losing family members:
(If you know other characters look into their behaviors and thoughts.)
Mireille Bouquet (Strange to a degree, but wanted revenge the killers and conflicted when the actual assassination was done by one she was close to.)
Batman (Comics that guy is as crazy as the Joker)

Nao's reason for wanting to kill the HiME.
To put it in smaller words.

She was Angry, Warped and sadistic.
She was damaged in the mind,
She had logic but not always clear.
When hurt, she wanted others to know how she felt in a crazy way.

As for Shiho.. I found her character more annoying than anything.
I have to give her a chance, I think.

You know, I almost forgot about the bad guys who are living the good life after commit the acts against her mother. But then I remember that Nao should of realized that the world isn't completely black and white. She took her frustrations out on others who weren't direct involved in the act. Punish those responsible if it continues to mentally torture you, Nao!

In comparison to Noir, Mireille had a very good reason. Killing is what she's good at and in time, she would find the one responsible and lay him or her to rest. To her, that would of taken the pain away. But seeing how found out it was someone she formed a special bond with...

Spoiler:
Kirika.

...she is left feeling hollow and numb. Batman's case is perfect in the 1989 film compared to Batman Begins. Justice was served in the beginning of Batman Begins, yet he isn't satisfied and goes training with ninjas...*holds back laughter* I can't take that seriously. In the 1989 film, he figures out that Joker killed his parents (a brilliant twist on Burton's part to make the famous rivalry more personal) and immediately goes after him and kills him. There's more drama to a story when the a personal score to settle reaches it's peak. Both Mireille and Michael Keaton's Batman had reasons to do what they did, only Mireille had an even greater reason to stop and point her gun at the person technically responsible:

Spoiler:
Altena.

Back to Nao Yuuki, her case is different as there was no reason to kill the HiME. Her actions were to ensure that she continued to live the rebellious life with her powers. In her defense, everyone tried to make her follow the rules and you know she doesn't do well with authority. nao lick

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Ice Silver Crystal on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:57 am

agree agree with luu and kiros! ^.^
To me Nao-san doesn't care what happens to her
she fights to protect her mama and Shizuru-san made her disappear.
you don't come back from that easily.
The injured eye was just making things worse.

Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Posts : 820
Bubuzuke points : 1342
Armitage GUTS!!! : 484
Join date : 2010-08-08
Age : 24
Location : Fuuka Gakuen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:54 pm

I dunno about Nao not caring about herself. Granted, she does care more about her mother, that's obvious. It's just that her ego is just too gigantic to be a 100% victim.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by GAP on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Nao is the bad girl archetype of the Hime franchise, she may be but she isn't really evil. I believe that while she is sour about the Carnival, she is a lot more calmer than she was in the series.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 263
Bubuzuke points : 426
Armitage GUTS!!! : 125
Join date : 2010-12-26
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Nao still carry animosity towards Shizuru? Does Natsuki know?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:58 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum