Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

The very awesome Nina Wang cosplay of Hoho-chan

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The very awesome Nina Wang cosplay of Hoho-chan

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:31 pm

Hohoemu wrote:Actually, I realized the guy who did the video suppressed it from youtube some days ago, so I edited my post with a link to see it somewhere else.
You can see me at 24 seconds (just motion capture) and then we appear at 54 seconds. The whole video is just awesome =)

Yeah, she has the same round face and big blue eyes as Arika, and a bit of the same innocence too X)
Actually, her Element is pretty heavy, which unfortunately resulted in her breaking the big blade while fighting... Guess she has a bad karma with cosplay weapons ^-^'

Luckily I got to see you in the video before it was deleted! Copyright issues are a bitch XD The rest of the video was a lot of fun to watch. Casual Otaku really credits cosplay as an art form, but a lot of the pieces in the video proved otherwise. =)

A friend of yours can't possibly be innocent, Hoho-chan. ;3 Seriously, she really nailed Arika perfectly. It's too bad her Element was destroyed. ;_; It wouldn't of happened if she materialized it into the Akatsuki. >:3 Then you would of lost, Miss Harmonium.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:51 am

I wouldn't consider cosplay as art in general because some reaaaaaally suck, but some pieces are so beautiful they just make me want to cry.
At Japan Expo I discussed with a guy, a photographer of maybe 55 who told me he thought the cosplay level there had been decreasing for some years now and that he was really happy to see some cosplayers could still produce great things.

Well, this time I won ^-^
She could be able to fix it though. I hope she will, we'd like to wear these costumes again in a few months, with full Elements and light this time.

Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 553
Armitage GUTS!!! : 249

View user profile http://www.poison-and-the-rose.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Hohoemu wrote:I wouldn't consider cosplay as art in general because some reaaaaaally suck, but some pieces are so beautiful they just make me want to cry.
At Japan Expo I discussed with a guy, a photographer of maybe 55 who told me he thought the cosplay level there had been decreasing for some years now and that he was really happy to see some cosplayers could still produce great things.

Well, this time I won ^-^
She could be able to fix it though. I hope she will, we'd like to wear these costumes again in a few months, with full Elements and light this time.

:'3 But artwork can also really suck too! As for the beautiful cosplay pieces...why cry? :'3 I thought you would of had an eye for the good cosplay and apply it to your own work. Again, it's like artwork. You learn from others. Wink Hmm, I can't tell if cosplay level decreased over here in the States. It really depends. I can only describe it like this: 9 times out of ten, you'll find very good Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune cosplayers. Quality fukus and the women themselves are in fit shape. Then there's that last percentage that is just...:no:  Point is, most cosplayers in the states are aware that if you want to cosplay, you must sell the look, the character and the craft.

Again? Cool! Which is the next convention visit for you girls? Arika Yumemiya 

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:34 am

:'3 But artwork can also really suck too! As for the beautiful cosplay pieces...why cry? :'3 I thought you would of had an eye for the good cosplay and apply it to your own work. Again, it's like artwork. You learn from others.

Well, because there are people in the world who can do such beautiful things I would never be able to do myself (or maybe I could but anyway). Because there are people who can make me dream. Because cosplay is just one of the most Facking wonderful things in life.
But yeah, when I admire an amazing cosplay I try to see how it's made. Cosplayers are really incredibly imaginative sometimes X) Most of the time you have to figure out by yourself how to make this or that, how to be able to put on an armor that magically materialises on the wearer's body, things like that.

Point is, most cosplayers in the states are aware that if you want to cosplay, you must sell the look, the character and the craft.

Same here. Though some people just think putting on an Akatsuki cloak and black wig makes them look as Itachi Uchiwa -not to be exclusive- cosplay requires more than just a costume. There are so many girls who will just buy an ill-fitting Vocaloid costume and poorly shaped wig on the internet and look just like nothing in the end, and a few will take some time to make their own outfit, shape their wig the right way, ... and there is where cosplay begins for me. Even if sometimes hand-made cosplays are as bad as industrial ones XP
I mean, you don't have to choose a very complicated character, there are so many! The problem is (at least in France) that most "high level" cosplayers will look down on you if you just made a nice but simple costume. Beginners are often despised, there's a lot of competition. That's the dark side of cosplay.

Well, next is a local convention in march ^-^

Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 am

Hohoemu wrote:Same here. Though some people just think putting on an Akatsuki cloak and black wig makes them look as Itachi Uchiwa -not to be exclusive- cosplay requires more than just a costume. There are so many girls who will just buy an ill-fitting Vocaloid costume and poorly shaped wig on the internet and look just like nothing in the end, and a few will take some time to make their own outfit, shape their wig the right way, ... and there is where cosplay begins for me. Even if sometimes hand-made cosplays are as bad as industrial ones XP
I mean, you don't have to choose a very complicated character, there are so many! The problem is (at least in France) that most "high level" cosplayers will look down on you if you just made a nice but simple costume. Beginners are often despised, there's a lot of competition. That's the dark side of cosplay.

Well, next is a local convention in march ^-^

Most of the obviously cheap industrial wigs and costumes are bought from Ebay. ^^; Those ready to go cosplay accessories that are usually under $100. As far as I'm concerned, cosplay is never a cheap hobby in this fandom. You have to be willing to spend a lot for quality, even if you can say...sew,put together your own weapons, and so on. "High level" cosplayers are quite critical in the States. During previous con visits, we'd always hear whispering chatter between groups just TEARING each other apart with criticism. It's only a dark side if you care what other people think though.

^-^; Ara, quite a long time from now.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu on Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:27 am

I don't really care wether other cosplayers like my cosplays, I like them and that's all that matters =)

Quite a long time indeed, but I've read about a cosplay event next month and I'm trying to have my friend participate with me!

Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:28 pm

Hohoemu wrote:I don't really care wether other cosplayers like my cosplays, I like them and that's all that matters =)

Quite a long time indeed, but I've read about a cosplay event next month and I'm trying to have my friend participate with me!
Good luck on attending the event. More pictures of you both would be nice. If you plan on going as Arika and Nina again that is. XD 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:07 pm

As we had no time to prepare something for last week-end, we just went as spectators but that wass a great show! We'll certainly be participating next year if the even is renewed.

So no new pictures for now, but I've put the lights on my cosplay and my friend will receive hers soon so we'll be ready for Japan Event in March =)

Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Hohoemu wrote:As we had no time to prepare something for last week-end, we just went as spectators but that wass a great show! We'll certainly be participating next year if the even is renewed.

So no new pictures for now, but I've put the lights on my cosplay and my friend will receive hers soon so we'll be ready for Japan Event in March =)
;A; Aw, how disappointing on that front. But kudos on enjoying the event yourselves, it's good to just enjoy an event without the burden of cosplay. We'll be expecting something amazing this March!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top