Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~)

Post by midori's crazy398 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:36 pm

LyriumEidolon wrote:Feel like posting a couple characters at once in this post.

The first one (haven't really given that much thought to her character as I sort of imagined her being a walk-on, but am now wondering if I should make her a supporting character) is from a Mass Effect/Final Fantasy 13 crossover.

Name: Alicia
Race: Asari
Class: Vanguard
Affiliation: Eclipse mercenary gang
Weapon of choice: Shotgun

As I said, I haven't really thought Alicia out much, but whenever she sees something she can use to escape a desperate situation, she will take it, preferably for herself. She prioritizes her own survival before anything else, usually followed with her own comforts and then her own profits. Due to this, she is willing to stab anyone and everyone in the back if it will ensure her safety, but she also knows when not to take such risks. There have been rumors of her being an asari commando before she joined Eclipse, but these have yet to be verified or dismissed.

I haven't really thought about her preference for biotics, but like I said, I am wondering if I should develop her into a supporting character instead of a walk-on for one or two chapters.

My second OC, well set of OCs, is one set of monsters that, in the sequel to my Yugioh 5Ds fanfic The Void, are actually masterminding their return to the universe at large (slight spoiler alert, but it shouldn't take any value away from the story so, just this once, I'll let it slide). Imprisoned outside the known universe, completely separate of the Spirit and Human worlds, a whole multitude of nightmarish entities are, as stated above, preparing to break free of their cage and invade the waking world once more. As such, they serve as the story's primary antagonists along with their agents in the human world, though don't make their existence known until much later.

I have actually thought up card ideas for six such monsters, heavily inspired by the Cthulhu Mythos, and would like to share them with you today. Though I will do so a bit differently than usual: rather cluttering the post with information shared by all members, I will instead post everything shared by them in one separate paragraph at the beginning.

The monsters' common abilities
Type: Divine-Beast/Effect
Level: 12
ATK/DEF: (3000/3000)
When this card is Special Summoned, place 5 Doom Counters on it. If this card would be destroyed, you can remove a Doom Counter from this card to negate its destruction. If you do, increase this monster's ATK and DEF by 3000 for each remaining Doom Counter on the monster. If there are no Doom Counters left on this card when it is destroyed, banish it instead. Control of this card cannot switch.

That is what all six monsters have in common.

First:
Grand Horror: The Yellow-Robed King
WIND
When this card is in face-up Attack Position, monsters on your side of the field cannot be affected by any Spells, Traps or Monster effects controlled by your opponent.

(The general feeling I'm trying to convey here is the dominance of these beasts: when this monster is in play, the only way to bring it down is via battle; any abilities that target it or the others will be useless in its presence: hence Dominance)

Grand Horror: The Living Sphere of Flame
FIRE
When this card is in face-up Attack Position, the original ATK and DEF of monsters your opponent controls become equal to one tenth (1/10) of its value

(Here, I'm trying to convey the sheer strength possessed by these creatures, with the strength of other monsters shriveling away in its terrifying presence. Add to that the fact that it is a living ball of fire, and the heat will inevitably weaken all creatures. Hence, supreme Strength)

Grand Horror: The Dreamer in the Underwater City (I'm thinking of revising this name)
WATER
When this card is in face-up Attack Position and your opponent activates a Spell or Trap Card, you can return that card to your opponent's hand. If the card was set, your opponent takes 1000 damage. This ability cannot activate if this card has lost a Doom Counter this turn. If this card has lost a Doom Counter this turn, during the End Phase, you can put one Doom Counter on this card

(When it is fully awake and not distracted, a Horror's schemes cannot be stopped, and any attempts to do so will be very likely easily rebuffed. In a way, it knows exactly what you are planning; its eye can see into your thoughts, so only if you blind it can you stand a very slim chance. This portrays a sense of Inevitability)

Grand Horror: The Fanged Punisher
DARK
When this card is in face-up Attack Position, once per turn, you can put a Horror's Poison Counter on a monster your opponent controls. During each End Phase, the controller of that monster takes 200 points of damage for each Horror's Poison Counter on his side of the field. During each Standby Phase, any monsters with a Horror's Poison Counter receive another Horror's Poison Counter. When this card is removed from the field, remove all Horror's Poison Counters from the field.

(The Horrors will, if left unchecked, whittle away any resistance with deadly efficiency. This card, in particular, poisons any resistance with an ever-strengthening venom that cannot be stopped, and if left unchecked, can whittle away the enemy leader's life in a matter of seconds, highlighting their unmatched Cruelty)

Grand Horror: The Destroyer of Soils
EARTH
When this card is in face-up Attack Position, once per turn, you can summon a Destruction Token (EARTH Rock-type 0/0) to your opponent's side of the field. Destruction Tokens cannot be destroyed or removed from the field except by this card's effect. If the only monsters on your opponent's field are Destruction Tokens, monsters you control can attack your opponent directly. When this card is removed from play, destroy all Destruction Tokens on the field

(Nobody can fight the Horrors Beyond if the ground itself threatens to give out from under them. They constantly work, burrow and severely complicate any attempts to stop them from swarming into the universe, bringing to attention their Persistence)

Grand Horror: The Faces Behind the Mask
LIGHT
When this card is in face-up Attack Position, you can place one Mask Counter on any other monster on the field, except for a 'Grand Horror' monster. This card gains the effects of the monster with the Mask Counter. There can only be one Mask Counter on the field. You can remove a Mask Counter from the field to target one Spell or Trap Card on the field: it's effects cannot activate. If the card is face-down, flip it face-up.
8t
(Sometimes the greatest horror is in learning that the enemy is just as capable of putting up as fierce a fight as you and deploying many of the same powers. Their forms are infinite, can stand up to virtually any adversity, displaying a great degree of Mutability)

Alicia should definitely be a side character (or given her personality, a side cu*t), this way you can use her to mess with the conflict and characters in the story, since she's such a backstabber, I really like the cards too, their abilities and names really give off the theme they represent

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2592
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

View user profile http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:37 pm

Got an idea for a story that I feel like doing, but have only a basic idea of the first two characters (and maybe a few factions in the world). Basically, the world is a fantasy world based mostly on the middle ages. The story and setting were heavily inspired by Grandia 2, as the world has two main factions: the Holy Empire, which has become dominant in the land, dedicated to purging the land of the evils of the second faction: the Demons of Darkness, which have only been reduced to a small number of scattered enclaves (I know the factions are a bit cliche, but I have a few surprises planned). There is a third faction (can't decide on a name yet, but based on Guild Wars 2 Charr) that has made technological advancements such that they are mainly using steam power and early guns such as black-powder bayonets, with maybe a few surprises such as MMO-style rifle turrets (think Guild Wars 2 Engineer turrets, or Warhammer Online Dwarven Engineer turrets). They have, however, been forced into hiding by the Empire, and only have one known enclave hidden under a snowy mountain (not quite Scion, though). Unlike the other two which use some form of magic, there is almost no sorcery in the society, although that may be due to lack of practitioners of the magical arts.

Anyway, the first character, I'm thinking the protagonist.
Name: Roan
Eyes: Orange
Hair color: Blond, almost yellow.
Hair style: Page boy
Personality: Generally very kind and pacifistic, but can unleash devastating magical energies when panicked.
Powers: Magical manipulation. He can command magical energies in much the same way as the Demon Lord of old could: creating spears of energy to impale foes at a speed comparable to a bullet, being able to create barrier shields that could also levitate the caster, creating portals and also creating demons. However, in the beginning, he has no knowledge whatsoever of any of his magical abilities and only discovers them through the course of the story. At the start, as far as he is concerned, he is a normal boy.

Roan is intended to start the story being raised in a church by his mother. She always told him of the legendary battle between the Holy Empire and the Demons, who were then threatening to endanger the whole world. The Holy Empire managed to kill the Demon Lord, and have since been mopping up his cults so as to stop evil from spreading again. Strangely, a group of thugs in armor at some point, attack the Church, claiming that "the son of the Demon Lord is here!" They tear through the place, bashing down vases, kicking through food, water and the meager toys that Roan has to play with when his mother is looking for food, and on top of all that, they hold him and his mother at sword point the entire time. It gets even more confusing when he finds out that these people work for the Holy Empire, the same people who are to bring happiness to the land. After the thugs raise their swords to kill them, Roan suddenly wakes up in a meadow with his mother, who claimed that he killed the 'Knights' with magic when they tried to kill her.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what is going to happen exactly. The story is still in its pre-production phase. Otherwise, think I'll save my other character draft for another time, after maybe refining her a little bit (Spoiler warning, the second character is female).

LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 331
Armitage GUTS!!! : 59

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer on Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:50 pm

I have tons of OCs but I will start with two
Miyuki Kuga and Miroku Minagi.

Miroku Minagi ,

Hair style and Color: Colored like Mai's and styled like Mai's but longer and has braids like Mikoto.

Eye Color: Yellow

The first born daughter of Mikoto Minagi and Mai Tokiha Minagi. Her name comes from Mikoto's child in Mai-Hime. Her mother Mai didn't like that Mikoto was giving their daughter a boy's name and also naming her after her Hime child. Mikoto's reasoning was to help their child grow strong like Miroku.

Miroku is the family's genius and the school had tests done at a young age to confirm it.

Miroku is kind and gentle and is shy and awkward around those her own age. She considers Miyuki her best and only friend.

Miroku is considered by most students annoying, and a nerd. She enjoys learning and academics and is often reading and sometimes reads to her younger sister Meia. Miroku is helpful in tutoring others in school though she is very particular in how it is done and if it's correct.
She is very reliable in helping her mother, Mai.
They are often cooking and spending time together.

However Miroku finds her mom, Mikoto to be tough at times to get along with especially in training. Mikoto works hard at making Miroku stronger. However a lot of times Miroku does not want to train.

Miyuki Kuga

Hair style and color: Color is similar to Natsuki and is shortly cut

Eye color: Red

Miyuki Kuga

The daughter of Natsuki Kuga and Shizuru Fujino Kuga.She is often learning things from her mom Natsuki like repairing/building things and do projects together. Alone she plays her Guitar or does individual projects that she enjoys doing.

She considers her best friends to be Miroku Minagi and Kumo Yuuki. However Miyuki has always found herself crushing over her childhood friend Miroku. Whom has tutored her since childhood and admires her.

Miyuki is easily jealous over those who who talk to Miroku. She can be upset with things and tries to hide it. Especially when Miroku is noticed by others and seems to let them boss her around and try to become too close to her for her liking.

Miyuki doesn't trust easily and observes people before trusting. She keeps a low profile and enjoys the comfort of her close friends and her family.

Miyuki is very helpful towards them and at times helpful toward others. She is considered very dependable by both family and friends. Miyuki is very supportive in helping Miroku better herself.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/Razer/mirokuminagimiyukikugasmaller_by_kingrazer-d6akcu57_zps8a825943.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/Razer/miyuki_kuga_sketched_by_kingrazer-d7934vrpng_zpse27efb18.jpg

Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 733
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

View user profile http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:54 pm

^
Lovin these characters and concepts guys, feed more of them to this thread!! That story already sounds very interesting Lyrium, and I like the relationship between your OC's Kiros (may the Yuri go on!)

New Sword Girl bio

Name: Izumi Watanabe (her last name is a reference and homage to Saki Watanabe, the main character of the Shin Sekai Yori novel and its anime adaptation, check out the Mai-X roleplay to see me use Saki in the newest arc!)

Appearence: Coming from a Samurai family background, she wears the standard armor, but without a kabuto (helmet) and with her house crest painted on her kote (sleeve armor) to remember her murdered clan. Has shoulder length brown hair that is very spiky at the ends

Friends: Mio Kyoya, Akiri Ichiken, Kasumi Shizusatsu

Romantic Interest: Hu Li

Personality: As Mio's second in command,and keeping in with the Bushido she was taught as a child, she is very loyal and often does not question a order and will do everything in her power to carry it out, even at the risk of death or impossible odds, though this is due to the firm trust and bond she has with Mio in order to respect her so much as a leader. Outside of taking commands however, she is also very good at giving them as a stern and sometimes extreme teacher while training Kasumi and Hu Li on how to use their powers. She can be fun and polite though when the mood strikes her and she is interacting with her friends. She sees Akiri as a sometimes rash but otherwise ideal possible successor to Mio, especially in that Akiri's behavior reminds her of the younger teenage Mio from the past, and is worried for her when Akiri is shown to be in the final stages of suffering the price of their powers. After seeing that Hu Li can take things seriously and is a good friend to everyone, she begins to fall in love with him

Background: Born into the Watanabe Samurai clan,Izumi was trained in the sword and naginata (Shizuru's Element! Though female Samurai actually did train in the Naginata as it was seen as a woman's weapon) from a young age, following the code of Bushido that all Samurai honored. She soon grew to be very skilled and was known as an obedient child to her parents, though given her strict upbringing, she was simply trying to gain their approval for everything she did. She also had three older brothers and one older sister, all of whom died either under the service of their Daimiyo or in defending the clan when they were under attack by a rival clan (the Hojou's, which was also a real-life Samurai clan in Ancient Japan. Their clan crest is the same symbol as the Triforce in the Legend of Zelda games.)that served another Daimiyo. The lone survivor of the assault, Izumi was picked up by Mio and Isshun at the age of 10 on the ruins of her home. It is in part of this incident that Izumi is so loyal  to Mio, not just because she was raised to serve a lord, but because Mio saved her from a terrible fate, and taught her how to use Divine Energy. Even after ten years since that day, her service has never wavered.

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:47 am

For some reason, I can't help but think that maybe, someday, an enemy will probably use Izumi's loyalty against her, though that could just be me. Still, the character sounds quite interesting, and I can't really think of any problem areas atm. Quick question: since she is proficient in use of both the sword and the Naginata, does that mean she might dual-wield in battle?

The next OC I want to share is somewhat complicated in that while it is my own creation, it is... actually, you will see when I show you.

From my Accel World/Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu crossover To ace academics, act and accelerate

Rainbow Mirror
Brain Burst Duel Avatar
Avatar controller: Kinoshita Hideyoshi (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu character)
Build: highly muscular, quite large (around size of Cyan Pile iirc)
Paint coat: Silver reflective
Additional physical features
Two head plates, branching off from the back of its head and extending to his waist, giving him a sort of 'bunny ears' (for lack of a better term) impression. The plates, when one particular set of moves activate, advance forward through the head and rest on the forehead, , creating a 'V' shape.
Moves:
Rainbow series: This is the move set for which the head plates advance. When this happens, a rainbow appears in the sky behind the Duel Avatar and changes color. Although they aren't Killer Moves, they can use the Killer Move Gauge to increase their strength in various ways. Two drawbacks are: only one Rainbow move can be active at a time, and the sky rainbow signals to the opponent the move to be used, making sneak attacks with such almost impossible.

Rainbow Sky Fire: The rainbow turns red, and the area Hideyoshi targets is bombarded with fireballs launched from the rainbow. The Damage can be increased by draining the Killer Move Gauge

Rainbow Sword Rain: The rainbow turns blue, and two blue-hilted swords shoot into the ground where Hideyoshi looks. He can pick these up and use these as melee weapons. The Damage is dependent on how much charge is in the Killer Move Gauge iirc. Might revise this.

Rainbow Life Stream: The rainbow turns green, and green rain falls onto the area. Everyone hit by the rain is healed (even opponents), but the area radius can be controlled iirc. Healing factor can be increased by draining the Killer Move Gauge

Rainbow Blade Whip: The rainbow turns indigo, and an indigo-hilted sword with a gun trigger materializes in the Avatar's hand. When the trigger is pulled, the blade separates into segments connected by a rope, and can be used as a whip. If the trigger is pulled again, the blade reforms. The sword attack is weaker than Sword Rain, but like it, the higher the Killer Move Gauge, the more damaging the attack. This is more for times when Hideyoshi needs to fight at close to moderate range instead of just close.

Rainbow Thunder Halo: The rainbow turns violet, and a large ring of purple light, about 10 meter radius, appears around the Avatar. From there, bolts of lightning shoot out at other enemies, depending on what Hideyoshi's current target/s are. There is, however, a minimum range: If an Avatar can get inside the diameter of the halo, then it will be safe from the attacks. Unlike Sky Fire, this is meant for more precise long range other than carpet bombing. The Damage can be increased by draining from the Killer Move Gauge

Rainbow Gaze Burn: The rainbow turns yellow, and a light explodes from the Avatar, blinding other Avatars that the light touches in the immediate vicinity. The duration of the blindness is dependent on the charge of the Killer Move Gauge

Rainbow Hellscape: The rainbow turns orange, and a single fireball lands on the target area and explodes, creating a massive fire. The explosion is quite small, but the ground around it quickly ignites and exceeds the radius of the explosion. Any Avatars inside are slowly robbed of their health, more so if they are vulnerable to heat. The radius of the resulting inferno is dependent on the charge of the Killer Move Gauge, and can range from 10 meters to much more.

Killer Moves:
Avatar Mirror (purchased upon reaching Level 2)
Hideyoshi identifies the target, and his Avatar changes to mirror the appearance of the chosen Avatar. This also grants him the Avatar's stats and moves, although doing so locks his Avatar's own skills until the transformation is dispelled. This move has a power drain attached, so to keep the target's form, the Killer Move Gauge must be consistently refilled. The power drain is higher if the target's Level is higher, and the larger the Level difference, the greater the power drain. The move can be cancelled at will.

Incarnate System Skills
Lying Reflection
A stream of yellow light shoots from Rainbow Mirror's eyes, and when it connects, reality distorts in that the target sees things that aren't really happening. What it sees depends on what Hideyoshi wants it to experience, and its visions are its own, leaving others unaware of what it is seeing. If it comes under attack by a hallucination, damage is dealt as if it were attacked in real life.

Birth:
When Kinoshita Hideyoshi got the Brain Burst program, he had a nightmare revolving around him being seen as a girl (without wishing to spoil too much). As a result, the Duel Avatar is quite muscular, and the plethora of moves blends with Hideyoshi's ability to assume multiple acting roles, such as in drama.

Otherwise, that is all I can remember right now. Three of the Rainbow Moves I fleshed out while writing this post.

LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:02 pm

Guess I can share my OC, Hikari Tsunami. He is currently involved in our forum Roleplay, Mai-X-Project. So, I'll just copy and paste the information over. I'll add his partners Shin Ying and Rain Ying sometime in the furture.

---

Information on my O.C., Hikari Tsunami from KnightZ of the Moonlight:

Spoiler:
Race: Moonarian
Profession: Protector of good
Organization: "Knights"
Hair: Black with shades of dark blue.
Eyes: Blue.
Height: 5 ft 9
Skin color: White
Weapon: The legendary LyghtBlade

Hikari Tsunami is the main protagonist of my ten part fanfiction KnightZ of the Moonlight. An alternate universe story that involves four existing anime in it's canon: Sailor Moon, Noir, Fushigi Yuugi and The Rose of Versailles. Hikari's journey is mainly attached to the Sailor Moon anime canon and what he was doing in America while the events of the Sailor Moon anime took place. Hikari started off as a confused and lost 13 year old boy who ran away from his Orphanage after both his parents died serving in a distant war. He grew is a deteriorating world full of crime; specifically NYC in the early 1990s. He is found by Setsuna Meioh, a guardian of time who escapes her duties to hopefully ease her loneliness. This is very controversial of me to do since everyone knows Sailor Pluto would NEVER leave the Time Door...oh wait Sailor Moon S happened, so ha! ;)Anyway, she takes Hikari under her wing and treats him like a son. Because Setsuna is an Outer Senshi, her methods of eliminating the enemy involve execution. She teaches Hikari to protect those who can't help themselves. This is why Hikari's body count reaches the five hundreds before she meets Usagi Tsukino. But thanks to him and his future allies Shin and Rain (also O.C.s of mine), crime is at an all time low in the U.S. and the countries they visit during the course of the first five stories.

Hikari is a shy kid at first, always mumbling and needing Setsuna for emotional support like a mother. In the next five stories (in his teens to mid-20s), he becomes more gruff, confident, though very selfish and man-child like. He is especially suave with the ladies. He's not a jerk type though, he is actually the opposite. He comes across friendly and an overall gentleman. Until you piss him off of course, that's why you see the killer side of him. He has never killed innocent people and this sets him off the worst. His state of mind remains the same: Respect yourself and your opponent. He often forgets this and needs to be scolded by the sassy Rain and philosophical Shin. He really is the character he is and develops into because of his friends. Without going over his entire story in detail, here is a timeline chart along with his powers/abilities:

1985: 13 year old Hikari is found by a time traveler, Setsuna Meioh

1990: Setsuna trains Hikari to become a "Knight".

Summer 1991: Hikari along with his ex-girlfriend Lucy, stop the Italian Mafia from finding "Lunar". A sacred crystal that held The Dark Kingdom inside. It explains how Queen Beryl appeared in the original Sailor Moon anime.

2001: Events of Noir take place.

3 months later: Hikari, Mai Ying, Mireille Bouquet and Kirika Yuumura attempt to stop Master Kai and the Chinese Triads from recovering the Soul of the Dragon. A revived Altena and Chloe ally themselves with Kai only to recover the Soul for themselves and use it to bring the Soldats to power again.

1 month later: Hikari, Shin and a Takarazuka singer named Nanami discover an underground fortress base where children are raped and beaten. The demonic high priest of the cult is also trying to revive a lady fumi-like being (later revealed to be Pharaoh 90) to destroy the Earth.

2008: Hikari and Shin are sent on a journey to find a sacred chalice and Rain joins the team. A sadistic female witch and terrorist named Dreama and her lover, Midnight, plans on using the chalice for herself. She is able to manipulate the strongest street gangs in LA to wage war on the Knights.

2012: The Russian mafia is told about Marie Antoinette's greatest treasure and is told they would gain power from it. Hikari, Shin and Rain (and even the Russians) all believe the treasure is the infamous necklace or some kind of personal item that the Queen had during her reign. Instead, they find something more valuable...and powerful.

2013 and up: The Knights meet Usagi Tsukino and the Sailor Senshi. I cannot reveal anymore for now. :) The early years I can share since they are their own thing. The rest is major spoilers since we learn more about my O.C.s and who they really are.

Powers/abilities:

Hikari has everything expected of a metahuman. Heightened senses, jump height, speed (both running and combat). He can run 285mph during his teen years. He can absorb physical pain quite well, but he isn't invincible. He can get hurt by gun shots in the early years. He was once shot by a elephant gun at point blank range and it made his ears ring. He often protects his head and heart, which, if shot, will kill him. His swordsmanship allows him to cut down incoming bullets, thanks to his sense. If he does get hit, it will hurt him, but no more than punches. His major weaknesses is hurting innocent people. It will send him into a blinded rage that will make his combat sloppy. Hikari uses his LyghtBlade, an ancient weapon given to him by Setsuna. Only at first, it looks like a regular normal with a normal blade. Only more powerful, able to slice through SWAT trucks, tanks and airplanes with ease. When Jadeite breaks the blade in the 6th story, the true power of the LyghtBlade is unleashed. The light beam can cut down anything physical. It's only drawback is unable to cut down anyone born during the Silver Millennium. Hikari is trained in martial arts, but prefers a more ground MMA style fighting. Without his blade, he is often wearing his opponents down with disabling techniques and submission moves. His philosophy in combat is wear down the opponent to the breaking point of agony.

Because Hikari can fly, becomes immune to magic and withstand planetary destruction in the 2013 and up stories, I will  be using late teens Hikari, before the events of the 2012 story.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:16 pm

^
Good lord these OC's are beast 0-0 I love 'em!

@Lyrium

Nah, I think for now she'll just use her sword, but in the future I think I'll have her use a Naginata to trick the enemy at the last minute, like if they knock her sword out and think she's weak, she can just pick up a Naginata and keep fighting
though that might take a lot cuz she's way stronger than a human

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:51 pm

One character I feel like sharing is, in a way, a Yu-Gi-Oh card, but at the same time, she's also prominent as a life form in the stories she is involved in.

As a Yugioh Card
Haisui Kiri no Hime
Spellcaster/Ritual/Effect
Ritual Spell Card Required: Soul Draining Ritual
DARK
Level 12
(0/0)
You can Ritual Summon this card with 'Soul Draining Ritual'. As long as 'Aura of Life Transfer' is in play, this card cannot be destroyed and its effects cannot be negated. This card cannot deal Battle Damage except if it attacks directly. Monsters that battle this card are not destroyed by battle. When this card battles with a monster, reduce the ATK and DEF of the other monster battling by half of its original ATK and DEF, and increase the ATK and DEF of this card by the same amount. If a monster has its ATK and DEF reduced to 0 by this effect, destroy it. Any effects of cards destroyed by this effect can be used by this card. If this card is destroyed, your opponent draws a card for each card destroyed by this card's effect.

Spell Card Required:
Soul Draining Ritual
Ritual Spell Card
This card is used to Ritual Summon 'Haisui Kiri no Hime'. You can activate this only when there is an 'Aura of Life Transfer' card in play. Tribute monsters from your Hand or Field whose combined monsters equal Level 12 and Special Summon one 'Haisui Kiri no Hime' from your Extra Deck.

Her power:
Aura of Life Transfer
Continuous Trap Card
This card is also treated as a Field Spell Card. When you reveal it, immediately move it to your Field Spell Card Zone and destroy any Field Spell Card in play. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. While this card is face-up, when a player's Life Points decrease, the opponent gains the same amount of Life Points, and when a player's Life Points increase, the opponent loses the same amount of Life Points. When another Field Spell Card comes into play, destroy it, destroy this card and restore each player's Life Points to their value before this card's activation.

(when used, it surrounds the entire area in a dark purple/pink mist.)

As a Character
Height: I'd imagine around 7-8 feet
Eyes: Violet
Skin: Pure snow-white
Hair color: Purple
Hair length: Waist-length
Hair style: Free-flowing
Regalia: Reddish-pink gown
Other features: Emanates a dark purple/pink aura
Personality: Caring and protective of those she holds close, yet uncompromisingly harsh and brutal on those threatening the ones she loves.
Theme music (what I think fits her really well):

Powers
While inside a human, she can communicate with them telepathically. She can manipulate what stimuli affect her hosts, so she can block out pain for instance and cause whatever is causing the pain to backfire. She can also possess people for periods of time (mainly to block out painful periods and take the pain in that person's place), and can control their senses to distort what they hear and see. Often, when exerting enough power during possession, her hosts generate the same aura as she does, and their eyes are shrouded by a mist of the same color as the aura. If she possesses people, some of her emotion can flow into her host, inflaming feelings of hatred at those that harmed him/her. She can activate her Aura of Life Transfer, through the host, to steal the powers and strengths (ranging from Psychic Powers to Life Force) of those who oppose her, usually those that have harmed the host in some way, and grant them to the host. Unfortunately, due to this, she has become further reviled by spirits, who condemn her as having led her hosts to commit serious crimes.

She is also regarded as being extremely powerful. Usually, she doesn't appear herself, but rather lends her powers to her host (in the case of Duelists, modifying their Decks to reflect more of her strengths), especially through the Aura. If it is destroyed, she retreats into the sub-consciousness until she feels she is needed again. In cases where she does show herself to defend the one she loves, she is practically unbeatable as long as she is surrounded in her Aura. That Aura serves as a link to her powers, and with it up, she cannot be destroyed, and considering its almost-indestructible nature, it makes her formidable. However, if she is revealed and her aura is cut off, she could very well face serious danger.

Her overall strength is so great that only those considered to be gods can resist her somewhat, such as the Sacred Beasts of Yugioh GX. Her hatred of people that harm her hosts can even be blinding. If her host encounters a member of an organisation that has harmed him/her, but the member his/herself isn't actually a perpetrator, Lorna won't make a distinction

History:
She has lived a lonely life. Since the beginning of time, she has had the power to draw the powers and strength of others into herself, and those powers unwittingly consumed the spirits she has tried to befriend. She eventually consumed a whole community that she tried to get close to, which caused the other spirits to fear and revile her.

She almost always avoids entering the souls of humans, as to her, they gather into communities almost everywhere, and as such would never truly understand her plight of loneliness and despair. There have been cases, however, where she has found people who are genuinely alone, and have absolutely nobody to turn to for help. Then, and only then, is she willing to make herself known to humans, so that that lonely soul who is having his heart destroyed can have someone to confide in, someone who can give them strength.

If they betray her by forsaking or scorning her (but there has been little to no evidence for that happening), she can get quite angry and possessive such that she will actually make that person part of herself as opposed to being a part of that person.

Appearances:
She has appeared in my Yugioh 5Ds fic: The Void
She is due to appear in the sequel of that: To Protect Reality

LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:30 pm

^
She sounds a lot like a big brother government 0-0, but also very choosy and only knows how to communicate with people who are like her, a very shut off individual. I like her powers, very reflective of who she is and that makes them suit her well. She's the sort that would need a push to trust others if she wants to work in a team or make friends though.

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon on Fri May 16, 2014 6:34 pm

Recently, I've decided to revise my one Mai Otome/Starcraft crossover fic instead of just going into a sequel as I had originally planned. As part of that, I have also decided to redesign some characters, two of which being Yuto and Corsair (see my previous posts for their details). I think, for now, I will post alternate forms in the story for Takumi (Zipang leader in Mai Otome) and Iori (Takumi's assistant, named in episode 12), as I've made significant changes to those two. Although the characters are canon, their alternate forms are thought up by me, which is why I classify those as OCs

Takumi's alternate evolved form:

Previous:
I originally wrote this in early-ish 2011, and looking back, I felt that I was quite stupid. But anyway, picture his alternate form then as Nelo Angelo from Devil May Cry, with the same fighting abilities more or less. Later, his form changes to feature white skin and hair, red eyes, blue pulpit robes, and a katana that is dangerously sharp (Heavily inspired by Devil May Cry 3 Vergil at the time), and although he loses his strength, he gains speed. Personally, on reflection, that form flies in the face of what Takumi has to deal with due to his sickness, kind nature and lack of (shown) fighting ability.

New form:
Transformation:
With hisses of pain, the color drains from his skin and hair to leave him a pale white/light grey color, and then his body bursts into flames for a brief second. When the flames vanish, his new clothes are blue pulpit robes, and his eyes are a deep red. (I liked the image of pale white Takumi in blue, so I kept that, just removed his katana). When he reverts back, blue flames engulf his body and burn away the robes to reveal his old clothes, and the color returns to his skin

Abilities:
He can take over the minds of other life forms. For lesser life forms, such as common soldiers and Zerglings (Starcraft crossover). Usually, him thinking a command is enough to get these life forms to do what they want. For instance, Takumi thinks to an approaching Zergling "Halt", and the Zerg will stop in its tracks.
For enemies who are stronger-willed, they can usually resist to some degree the order they are given. If the person is really strong-willed, they can throw off the commands entirely.

He can also project his mind into that of another organism he is trying to control. When this happens, for him, his new perception is inside the mind. The target also appears as itself in its mind, and the two can do battle.
If Takumi is inside the creature's mind, he can (later in story), levitate just above the ground and hover, allowing great mobility.
Also later in the story, he can blast small blue fireballs at the opponent he is fighting inside the mental battlefield.
From the get-go, however, he has what can be termed a finishing move. Three small blue wisps of fire appear, revolve around a certain point in front of him (think similar to Tokiha Mai's rings), and the spinning speeds up, creating a ring of blue fire in front of him. Wisps of light appear in front of his hands, feet and head, and they join up at a point just before the ring of fire. He then states the move name "Kaen Kogeki" (Flame Attack), and the sphere of light shoots through the ring, then trailing a mass of blue flames revolving vertically, striking the target.
As these moves are those of a mental representation of Takumi's mind inside the mind of another creature, his body itself takes very little strain.
If he senses danger, Takumi can eject himself from the creature's mind
If the target creature's form is defeated, then Takumi can exert some control over the target's real body, although it isn't complete.
If the target creature's form is completely annihilated in the mental battlefield, Takumi has complete control over its actions.
It is unknown as to what happens if Takumi loses the fight, as he will often eject himself from a mind that proves too strong, and won't attempt to control it for a while.
If anything should happen to either body in the real world while they are fighting in the mental world, the effects will transfer to the mental avatar. Eg: Takumi fights an Overlord for control in a mental battlefield; if a tentacle of the Overlord in the real world is cut, the corresponding tentacle of the Overlord in the Mental world will also separate.

Weaknesses:
No physical fighting ability when in the real world. Because Takumi's powers revolve around control of creatures instead of physical combat, he cannot fight if he is cornered, and has to rely on his compatriots for help if it comes to that.
Takumi's stomach disease still impacts him if he is too physically active. To compensate for this, he must often remain still while exerting control.
(Might change this slightly) If Takumi is fighting a creature inside a mental battlefield, he is completely oblivious to what happens to his real world body. Weaker-willed opponents have the same problem, but if something is strong-willed enough or projects an aura of control, it can perceive what is happening in both the real world and the mental (even if suffering some degree of disorientation, although if someone is super-strong willed, they can perceive both worlds and react in both without suffering).

Inspiration:
Takumi's new form was thought up during a brainstorming period with someone close, and we thought that since he is a ruler of a country, he should have some powers that control others. Aside from which, the Sword-fighter forms were quite out-of-character.

Iori (Or as I call him in my revised draft: Adachi Iori no Hikari)
Previous form:
Imagine a rough representation for Devil May Cry 2's Majin form.

New form:
His skin and clothes turn a translucent white color, and mist shoots out of his pores. The mist then covers the immediate area around him, shrouding him. When one tries to look at him in this state, all they will see is localized white mist.

Abilities:
He can form the mist into any weapon, body or object that he chooses, although doing so removes some of the mist from his shroud.
If any weapon or other form created successfully attacks an opponent, the physical shell will receive no damage, but the brain will register pain corresponding to the modus operandi, even if it is fatal. Eg: Iori forms a shuriken from mist and throws it into a robber's chest, the chest will emerge undamaged, but the robber's mind will register that a shuriken pierced his chest and stimulate pain accordingly so that the robber feels like a shuriken pierced his chest.
He can use some of this mist to temporarily heal injuries.
The mist serves as a protective shell against attacks, although with each attack blocked, it diminishes.
He can also use the mist to levitate, granting a slight flight ability

Weaknesses:
The amount of mist he can create is limited.
If enough mist is used or knocked away, his white translucent body is exposed, giving the enemy a target for as long as it stays visible.
Mist forming, while fast, isn't so fast that he can effectively react to situations within the next two seconds, five if some mist has been swatted away by attacks.
Stronger-willed opponents or stubborn opponents can mitigate some of the damage depending on their mental strength.
The illusions don't work on solid objects that have no nerves to perceive the intended effect happening. Eg, he cannot use mist to make a key and unlock a door.
This form doesn't allow for any sort of stealth. If there is light (which will be needed to see), it will shine on the white mist and expose him

Inspiration:
Also trying to flesh out why Iori works under Takumi, we came by the concept of using illusions in combat, with the mind making the attacks real (similar to the movie The Matrix). Otherwise, Iori's previous form suffered the same problem as Takumi's previous form in that it was taken straight out of something else.

Might post more revised character drafts and forms later. Until then, I'd like to hear what you think.

LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Fri May 16, 2014 7:04 pm

I like Iori, he has a good balance. However, it feels like in spite of his weaknesses, Takumi is still kinda OP. Having him feel strain would be better I think, at least in the beginning of using his power, because he has to actually activate and maintain his mental projection for periods of time. He's forced to work and concentrate, which should give him strain. Other than that, I love it all! : D

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon on Sat May 24, 2014 4:20 pm

I like your strain idea for balancing Takumi. I just finished a draft of a revised chapter of the fic, and to try and implement that strain, I had to make him force himself to shut off everything else around him and focus purely on the creature on which he has to enter the mental world to battle. He has to close his eyes, but he also has to shut out every other sound that he hears, the scents that he smells, and as this attempt happens, his head becomes increasingly sore. The pain threatens to distract him, but he has to force himself to ignore even that pain as he concentrates on his target. Even as the pain grows to something moderate, and to something torturous (like when a headache is hurting you and it is the main thing on your mind). He has to concentrate. There is only him, and there is only his target. If he can endure it without being attacked in the physical world (thus breaking the whole trance and nullifying the entry attempt), he can make the transition and appear in the mental world. Maybe, as time passes and he gets more practice at this, the time can be delayed slightly, but what do you think of the process I've tried to outline here?

Otherwise, I've also been trying to create a Legend of Korra fic, but it is still pre-production. One organization that I think will be the main antagonists throughout the story is a secret society of Bloodbenders.

Name: Scarlet Rose (originally planned to be called Innkeepers)
Headquarters: Unknown
Number of members: Unknown
Known members: Hama (Avatar: The Last Airbender character), Yakone (Legend of Korra character), Yue (OC to be included in story, haven't finished fleshing her out yet)
Shared quality: Bloodbenders

History:
When the Waterbender Hama used Bloodbending to escape from the Fire Nation prison, she used her new art to deal with the guards of other Waterbender prison cells and free the other Waterbenders of the Southern Tribe who were captured in the Fire Nation raids. After freeing them, she taught them Bloodbending to make sure that should they get captured again, they can escape. From there, she formed the Order of the Scarlet Rose. They quickly perished the thought of going back home, as even if they got past the Fire Navy blockade guarding the seas, the return of the Southern Waterbenders would mean the return of the raiders to take them away again. Instead, the Scarlet Rose would remain inside Fire Nation society, breed Waterbenders to pass on the art of Bloodbending, and carry out covert, surgical strikes on weak points in the Fire Nation's own homeland.

When the Hundred Year War ended, the Scarlet Rose continued to sabotage the efforts of the Fire Nation in any way it could, as the hate for attempting to strip the Southern Water Tribe of its Waterbenders was still heavy on their hearts. Their methodology did, however, change from simple wet-work and guerrilla warfare to experimentation and manipulation. They still struck at vulnerable targets, but performed sickening experiments on captured Fire Nation citizens to improve their Bloodbending. Due to them swiftly silencing the people who have tried to go public with this information, none of this vile practice has ever been made known to the inhabitants of the Avatar world, and only one survived to tell the tale (will be expanded on in fic)

Because the United Republic of Nations, and Republic City in particular, was a joint effort involving Fire Lord Zuko, it was not safe from the Scarlet Rose's vendetta either. There have been some theories that the Scarlet Rose has been trying to take over Republic City, disposing of anyone who gets in their way and manipulating the leaders in power to match their ends. But they still have been known to strike there from time to time as well, and cover their tracks.

Abilities of members:
The members of the Scarlet Rose are all Bloodbenders, and by extension, Waterbenders. However, the majority of them can only Bloodbend during a full moon, and only a few members have mastered Bloodbending perfected by Yakone to be able to use it as needed. They are also experts in covering their tracks, as no murder they have committed has ever been traced back to them.

Members:
Hama:
She founded the Scarlet Rose to fight against the Fire Nation. For her part in later years, she resigned herself to the village Team Avatar visit and, during each full moon, kidnapped the villagers one by one, for an as yet unknown purpose. Her plan was foiled with the arrival of Team Avatar, and the defeat and imprisonment of one of its leaders and best members began the first flames of hatred towards the Avatar in the ranks of the Scarlet Rose

Yakone:
Lord of Republic City's criminal underworld, he used crime to refine Hama's Bloodbending technique to not need the full moon by experimenting on people he and his mafia had taken captive. It is unknown if his mafia was aware of his membership as a Scarlet Rose, but they aided his Bloodbending crimes. Due to that, he was able to sufficiently hide his status as Scarlet Rose by instead flaunting the title of Republic City's most notorious crime boss, using the mafia to achieve what is perceived to be the goal of his Bloodbender kin. Aang's removal of his bending left Yakone out of favor with the Scarlet Rose, and as a result, nobody in the organization came to retrieve him. As far as people can tell, he severed his ties with the Order and used his gang to construct a new face and identity, traveling to the Northern Water Tribe. His children, Noatak (Amon) and Tarrlok, have not been let in on their father's secret, carried to his grave, and to this day it looks as if neither child was approached by the Scarlet Rose for membership.

Personally, I imagine writing something similar to the graveyard conspiracy scenes from Zoolander, where a character mentions "the Scarlet Rose has also attempted to gain control of Republic City." Korra shouts: "Amon can't have been a Scarlet Rose. Neither could Tarrlok!" and the informant goes, "They weren't, but their daddy Yakone, who ran the city's criminal underworld, sure as shit was!"

Yue
(Unrelated to Yue from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Character drafting still in progress)

Otherwise, what do you think?

LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Sat May 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Great incorporation! Now he can gain even more character development /;A;/

I like your back story for the Scarlet Rose group and Yakone, its pretty strong so far and has great potential as part of character motivations and history within the setting

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:03 am

Feel like sharing two or more characters, but might need to repost when I get the character drafts off my crashed computer. Some of the details lost include the history in one case, and as for the other, need to flesh out her background.

I think, first, from my Mai Otome/Starcraft crossover They who would rival the Otome:

Sanae
Full Name: Funabashi Sanae no Mizu
Previous name: Sanada Saira (changed because a: felt like the name didn't fit and b; would create confusion when written in scene alongside Sara Gallagher
Height: about 5.6 feet
Hair color: Jet-black
Hairstyle: free-flowing
Hair length: extending past shoulder blades
Skin color: Pale orange, similar to others from Zipang
Eye color: Sapphire-blue (could be wrong, recalling this from memory)
Training: Dance, Management
Other talents: Care-giving, vocal persuasion (blackmail as well iirc.)
Hobbies: Socializing
Affiliation: Orphanage (as Matron, formerly), Followers of Amber
Myers-Briggs-type: Extrovert, Sensing, Feeling, Judging (iirc)
Likes: Looking after her juniors, socializing with other people, persuasion (and maybe a slight con if she feels she can get away with it).
Dislikes: Governmental disregard for people's lives (such as making people refugees), and apathy.
Common clothes: black kimono (might edit as soon as I can retrieve original character sheet), wooden sandals.
Combat ability: Low

Divine Form/evolved characteristics:
Skin turns to crimson red
Hair turns scarlet
Nails turn scarlet
Eyes turn
Kimono turns vermillion, a hole appears in the back
Bat-like wings sprout from shoulder blades. Bone areas are crimson red, while boneless flesh is scarlet.

Previous:
Black, rock-like carapace all over body except for shoulders, upper chest and head. Six fleshless bat-like wings sprout from back. Hair lengthens, turns bright flaming blue. Skin turns bright flaming orange. Feet carapace shaped like high heels.

Abilities in Divine Form
Can pierce target's skin with nails, even if by just grabbing that target, and can control the flow of life force within that person
-She can drain life force, weakening the creature she is holding
-She can inject life force, healing the creature she is holding
She can fly to some degree with her wings, but she mainly uses them for long jumps.

Her previous form just basically had her shooting out masses of laser beams, some of which functioned like the Starcraft Void Ray, and later create a lightning storm. I don't think it really fit in with her.

Weaknesses:
Combat ability is quite low, so she would need to be fighting one-on-one with something to efficiently weaken it, otherwise she would have to use her reflexes as a dancer to stay out of danger.
Her life force abilities only work on living beings.
She needs to have some physical grip with the target she is trying to drain/heal
Her life-force abilities have drawbacks based on her own amount of life force
-If she has too little life force inside her, she is weakened and needs to drain more to restore her energy
-If she has too much life force inside her, she could feel a rush of ecstasy, leading to a risk of her becoming somewhat bloodthirsty and wanting to drain more people. (thinking either that, or a feeling of nausea because she has eaten/drank too much, and needs to get rid of the excess life force)

Back-story elements (can't remember full back-story at the present time)
Socialite
Became a dancer for previous shogun of Zipang before Takumi
Had to abandon her home and orphanage to the Zerg. Her and children there are now refugees

Second:

Yua:
Full name: Akutagawa Yua no Tetsu
Height: Around 6 feet
Hair color: Cyan
Hairstyle: Twin ponytail
Hair length: when in hairstyle, reaches to her shoulders
Skin color: Pale brown
Eye color: Emerald-green
Training: Sharpshooting, leadership
Hobbies: Target practice, tinkering (preferably with guns. Her personal weapon has been customized quite a bit)
Affiliation: Zipang Imperial Army (As General), Followers of Amber
Combat ability: Moderate to admirable
Preferred tactics: Long range
Weapon of choice: Zipang rifle (has body of old Japanese Tanegashima rifle, but functions differently). Stored in a holster on her belt
Myers-Briggs type: Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving (iirc)
Likes: Tinkering, shooting, teasing (esp. Takumi), Loves it when a plan comes together.
Dislikes: People butting in to private moments (esp Akira), her plans being foiled, other people calling her weird.
Strengths: Good planning ability (got her rank of General), good shot with rifle, mentally flexible
Weaknesses: Poor melee combat ability, impatient.
Love Interest: Tokiha Takumi
Rivalries: Okuzaki Akira
Common clothes: green samurai robes
Theme music: (Or what I think fits her well)

Divine Form characteristics:
Her arms, torso and legs covered in green scales
Right hand fuses with weapon, which is also covered in green scales.
Left hand gains long dagger-like claws.
Face skin color changes to turquoise

Divine Form abilities:
Can shoot modified bone-shards from rifle arm based on ammunition loaded in weapon:
-So far four types of ammunition (created through Yua's tinkering):
--Armor Piercing
--Anti-Personnel
--Explosive
--Electrical
-The modified bone is created in the barrel, giving theoretically unlimited ammo
Can shoot green fire from her rifle arm and spew a jet of flame forward over about ten meters
Her long dagger-like claws on left hand can be used as a melee weapon (albeit a last-resort one)

(Her abilities have been redesigned since the original draft, and the main power she loses is the ability to replicate)

Weaknesses:
Cannot switch between ammo-types in her Divine Form. She must return to normal and manually change the ammo if she needs to do so.
She is still weak in melee combat, so even though she has her clawed hand to fight against people close-up, they will still be at an advantage in terms of fighting ability

Back story elements: (as said before, lost character sheets, but here, need to flesh out more)
She was involved in the plan to save Zipang from the Zerg
She wanted to get closer to Takumi as she felt that he doesn't pay enough attention to her.

End note: A few weeks back, I discovered the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and I figured it could help me with character drafting. I also have somewhat of a reconstructed profile for my character Yuto if you want to see it, but I am considering overwriting his old posted profile with the revised version. What say you?

Also, I am really sorry about not going into detail about back stories here, but they are, for the moment, lost. If I can retrieve them, I'll edit this post to include the full back stories. Until then, what do you think of what I was able to remember?

LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:56 pm

I like it, and I'm impressed that you were able to remember so much! (My own memory is kinda shitty Dx) I've also noticed that both of these new characters are pretty balanced, despite still having some strong abilities. This is great, since they can actually develop later. The appearances you created are really cool too, they help seal their personas well. That's all I can find from what you've given us here, but I'd love to see it when it's complete! I hope you can get your info back successfully! Also, what does that Type indicator do? Sounds interesting. (Oh and I don't mind if you overwrite Yuto's information, but I'd like to see the chafes you've thought of too, maybe you can combine some stuff)

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:47 pm

Just recently started using it, but best way I can describe it is that it tries to roughly define your characters personality judging by four factors. I'm just giving out really bare bones here, as its basically how I understand it (with some help from a site I'll link to later). The first is, which world does your character prefer: the outside world (Extrovert) or their own inner world (Introvert). Next is taking in information: does the character prefer the facts as they are (Sensing) or do they prefer to interpret and add meaning (Intuition). Thirdly, with regard to making decisions, does your character first look at logic (Thinking) or look at the people involved (Feeling). Finally, when dealing with the outside world, do you prefer to get things decided (Judging), or stay open to new ideas (Perceiving).

So in short, you're looking at
Introvert (I) or Extrovert (E)
Sensing (S) or Intuition (N)
Thinking (T) or Feeling (F)
Judging (J) or Perceiving (P)

Like I said in my last post though, I myself only really discovered this recently, so I am still getting to grips with this. It has proven very interesting to apply this to character creation for me, especially when revising my old characters and exploring their personality more in-depth than with using the few words I associated to them way back when I wrote the story. I probably still have a lot of research to do on the subject to truly get to grips with it, but so far I have a basic idea. It also gives me that basic idea of how a character might behave.

Extra Credits did an episode on this that explains it better than I can:

There is also a Myers-Briggs webpage that I find quite useful: it lays down the sixteen possible end products of using this: http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/

Otherwise, one other thing I am thinking of posting but am not entirely sure yet is my interpretation of what the Mai Otome country Zipang looks like. I actually used Microsoft Paint to hand-draw a map of the nation (which admittedly only gave me the ten separate provinces I created, but that also helped me geographically when writing my first revised drafts), which is for now, sadly lost. I'm just wondering, though: I have all the province names ending with "no Kuni", like "Kaze no Kuni" (Country of Wind), "Yami no Kuni" (Country of Darkness) and "Tetsu no Kuni" (Country of Iron). To my knowledge, 'kuni' can also mean 'land', but should I try change that last part of the names? If so, what do you think will work?

LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Nah, that sounds fine unless you really want them to be unique, then give them names related to their element but still unlike the others

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Just overwrote Yuto's information: I have kept his old abilities as a reference, but otherwise advertised his new abilities there as well. It is one of my posts of Page 1 of this topic if you are interested.

Also, I thought I'd lay out here what Otome-verse Akira (or as known in the revised version: Okuzaki Akira no Kaminari) can do in my fic. She is probably the only major character in the fic not to have undergone a major power or character overhaul (although I did change one or two things about her)

To activate this form: she usually hisses in pain as purple lightning electrifies her body. In the next instant, the lightning flashes all over her body and vanishes, revealing her in that form

Divine Form appearance: (based largely on her ninja appearance in Mai Otome episode 12
Arms (and legs as well I think) gain large black/dark green scales (each scale around the size of a shuriken)
Frontal appearance becomes 'jagged' (for want of a better term): There are large V-shaped bones descending from her neck down her front (with such bone segment over her breast colored purple and ending just after her shoulders. Segments above this don't extend past neck, below don't go past torso). This results in a jagged frontal appearance.
Eyes become scarlet, with pupils becoming black slits
Teeth become jagged. Perceived as ideal to rip through human flesh
Head takes a more triangular shape, with two horns sprouting from behind ears (this is purely cosmetic, though, so I might change this)
Hair becomes unrestrained.

Abilities in Divine Form:
The sword she carries becomes electrified
She can pull out the scales from her arms and/or legs and throw them like shurikens. These also spark purple lightning. These scales can quickly regrow
She can breathe out black smoke to blind her opponents and shroud the area around her. (Inspired by her smoke bomb use in Mai Otome episode 12)
(Proposed power): She can reach into the sides of her torso behind the spikes and withdraw an electrified kunai-shaped bone
As she takes damage (which can also be due to her pulling scale, her body becomes more an more electrified. This is in preparation for her final ability
She can turn into a bolt of lightning and shoot forward. She can use this to shoot straight through opponents (although they will need to be weakened for her to pierce them, otherwise, they just receive a nasty shock). Where the lightning finishes shooting through, she will reappear. This attack is dependent on the amount of electrical charge she has stored up, so she will need to build it up quite a bit for it to be effective. Name: Ride the Lightning

Weaknesses:
She still has low strength, and has to rely on her reflexes as a Shadow Warrior (ninja) to be effective in combat.
Her makeshift weapons aren't armor piercing, so if something has fairly good armor or a fairly thick carapace, her attacks won't do much.
Her 'Ride the Lightning' attack can only be effectively used a few times per battle, otherwise she will rematerialize in the next few seconds. Even then, the target has to be weakened, distracted or have some weakness to lightning for it to be really effective.

I think that's it. Also, I decided to take down my post on Zipang because it was waaaaay too long, and I can't remember everything correctly about it. I am thinking, to try and save space and make it less daunting to read if I do decide to repost it, to post it province by province. Do you think this will work? Otherwise, what do you think of Akira's evolved/Divine form (and maybe Yuto's new one)?

LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:23 pm

That's fine, I don't have any problem if you think that's the best course of action. I like Akira, at first I thought she was going to be unbalanced, but as I read her weaknesses, she pretty stable, her weaknesses also help her stay true to the original character with a reliance on ninja skills, which is great because many people tend to go OCC a lot, and I mean like, A LOT. Ff. net taught me that much years ago, so in short she's cool ^__^

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:42 pm

I think, in my early days as a fanfic writer, I made that mistake myself. I still remember with my original version of They who would rival the Otome, where Takumi, a kind, frail child with no shown fighting ability in the anime, fights toe-to-toe with a Protoss/Zerg Hybrid on multiple occasions with those sword-fighter forms I talked about. Even writing his usual interactions, I made a lot of mistakes. I am giving that story a rewrite though (or at least I was until the hopefully temporary loss of my data), but I'm hoping I can portray him more accurately though. Will also need to brush up on Sara Gallagher for later in the story.

But otherwise, yeah. I think if I am able to get everything back, one of my first orders of business will be to fine-tooth-comb the drafts for the first three chapters and upload them asap (also thinking, to avoid confusion, I will remove the rest of the non-revised chapters for the story)

Also, I probably implied this earlier, but with that revised draft, I have decided to try and expand more into Zipang from at least a cartographic standpoint (and somewhat topographic as well). First thing I want to share is a province of Zipang that I've created, the first out of ten:

Kori no Kuni (Country of Ice)
Although this coastal province is right between that of Tsuchi no Kuni (Country of Earth/Soil to the south, Hikari no Kuni (Country of Light) to the east (and I think Kasai no Kuni, or Country of Fire, to the southeast) and on Zipang's western/northwestern border, very few people live there. Unlike the other non-capitol provinces, which usually have a main town with a daimyo to watch over other smaller villages that work towards an intended goal, there are only a few villages dotting Kori no Kuni, with a daimyo being selected out of those few. This is probably due to the fact that the entire region of Kori no Kuni is comprised of massive, frozen mountains. Another thing equally baffling is that Kori no Kuni is one of the three biggest provinces in Zipang, alongside Tsuchi no Kuni and Yami no Kuni (Country of Darkness).

One of the only reasons that people may have chosen to settle there are the ore deposits in the mountains. Due to the vast amount of free space there, it is often an ideal location for weapons tests, particularly for the military base in Kasai no Kuni. To that end, there is an Observatory there, which monitors the tests.

The main secret of Kori no Kuni is that, underneath one of the mountains to reach past the clouds, there is the hidden city of Scion. Until events in the story, Zipang would not even know of the existence of such a place right under their nose.

Music that inspired me when writing this place:

I might have missed a few details, but that is what I can remember with regard to that particular province.

Also, I've published the first chapter of my story on ff.net that will use the Scarlet Rose ("The Secret War" if you want to read). I also feel like sharing what I can remember of the protagonist of that story:

Teo:
Height: I think about three to four feet.
Eye color: golden-yellow
Hair color: soot-black
Hair style: tied up in a small bun as per the usual tradition of the Fire Nation
Hair length: if not tied, reaches down to his neck.
Birthplace: Fire Nation
Myers-Briggs personality type: Introvert (I), Intuition (N), Feeling (F), Perceiving (P)
Likes: People who are kind to him, learning new things, bending (from an aesthetic standpoint)
Dislikes: People demonizing others, fighting, people hurting others.
Strengths: Curious enough to see past the official story of things
Weaknesses: Reluctant to fight, and as a result, poor combat ability at the beginning.
Common clothes: (Later in the story) Light brown cloak.

History:
When he was very young, about five years of age, a Lion Turtle visited him on the beach, but for reasons as yet unknown (possibly a sense of concern for the course the world is taking), it infused in him the ability to bend all four elements and their upgraded versions. In the beginning, though, he has no knowledge of how exactly to bend, and there is no spirit that he can call upon for aid: it is just himself.

His parents, Chen and Li, are openly against bending for reasons that they won't say, and although not active members of the Equalists, they do think that the group is moving in the right direction. Teo, however, didn't understand why they were against benders, and it came as even more of a shock that when he demonstrated that he could make a small fire, his mother, Li, broke his hands and disowned him (slight spoiler alert, but it is near beginning of story, so I'll let that slide). After this, and an incident with the OC Yue of the Scarlet Rose, he is left with an almost paralyzing fear of women.

After escaping with someone that the Scarlet Rose wants to kill (again, slight spoiler, but it is planned for very early on), they now have to fight against this mysterious organization, which will almost certainly send assassins after them to cover up its tracks.

Abilities:
Although he can bend all four elements and their subgroups, he is not aware that he can do so until he accidentally discovers these abilities. In addition, due to his generally kind and caring personality, young age and in some cases his gynophobia, his combat abilities are very low. Despite being born in the Fire Nation, the element of fire is the most difficult one to master for him, as it is seen as a purely offensive art. With this block, he can only create small sparks (think Last Airbender Zuko trying to bend fire directly after joining Team Avatar). Other bending arts can come a bit easier to him (later in the story), as creating walls of earth and using tongues of water to block attacks isn't bringing harm to another person. I think I will make him, due to his non-violent personality, receptive to the art of Airbending.

Might see if I can draft some of the other characters, but for now, what do you think of what I've given here?

LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:05 pm

This is good, Teo's relectant nature can make for some great development and self understanding as he learns (most likely the hard way) to accept the world and himself, and possibly try to improve them (he kinda reminds me of Aang too)

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon on Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:18 pm

LyriumEidolon wrote:Another OC character I feel like sharing:

From my story They who would rival the Otome

Corsair:
Height: I'd imagine about 6 feet
Perso
Dress code: Zipang Shadow Warrior regalia, black ninja robes, and his face is always covered by a mask and hood.
Weapon of choice: Balisong
Affiliation: Followers of Amber
Divine Name: Celertias Tenebrae (Latin: Speed of Darkness)
Abilities: Incredible speed, master of stealth.

Divine Form Characteristics
Body becomes black and scaly.
A black chitinous mask covers his face
A golden shoulder-extension appears on each of his shoulders, bending to create a semi-convex shape, yet remaining in line with the shoulders.
A blue spherical crystal appears in each of his palms.
Small hooks appear on his hands and feet. (allowing him to climb walls)

Abilities in Divine Form:
Increased speed
Camouflage with natural surroundings
Highly Sharpened Balisong (to the point it can slice cleanly through SLAVEs)
Breathes a gas that can knock people out (hence, the mask). His mask can be retracted to allow him to spread the gas to render resistance unconscious.
Crystals can emit a light and make him soar through the air at high speeds. Used for long-distance travel mainly, but can be used for short bursts of speed to get airborne or in mid air.
Shoulder extensions can allow him to shoot a web of electricity that disables any static defenses and weapons in a small target area

History:
Nobody knows much of Corsair. He is reluctant to share his past, and the only thing known about him is that he became one of Zipang's Shadow Warriors (the ninjas). He also became a Follower of Amber after the first attack on Zipang, and is one of those to remain distrustful of the Otome. Among people who he has worked with, he is also known to have an aptitude for sniffing out spies and traitors.

I think I'm ready to share some of my revisions of Corsair, but I think, since not much has changed, I'm just going to highlight what has (hence me quoting my own previous post)

Corsair
Changes to his main profile:
Weapon of choice: Tanto dagger
Some personal information: There have been rumors of him possibly originating from Zipang's southern Yami no Kuni (Country of Darkness) or southeastern Kaze no Kuni (Country of Wind) provinces, as he is exceptional with speed and stealth
Removing his Divine name, it didn't really serve a purpose in the overall story

Additions to above:
Good memory
Excellent senses of hearing, sight and, to a lesser extent, smell.

Changes to his Divine Form:
He loses the golden shoulder extensions (they just seem far to cumbersome to go for that infiltration aspect I wanted for him)
He loses the crystals in his palms.

So, he is left with:
-His black, scaly body
-His black, chitinous mask (although the flesh underneath appears as a tan color)
-His hooks on the hands and feet, allowing wall climbing

Changes to abilities in Divine Form:
-He loses the web of electricity attack that shuts down static defenses (Seemed to copy straight from Starcraft Corsair and also flew in the face of the Infiltrator aspect I had in mind, as if that was seen, then everyone would know he was coming)
-He loses the ability to propel himself through the air. (For the same reasons above, but it especially flew in the face of the spy theme, as if he used that, everyone would know where he is)
-His weapon is no longer highly sharpened by his transformation. While it is still a strong blade, I think that considering the Infiltrator role brought about by his career as a Shadow Warrior, he shouldn't have to fight out in the open unless there is no other way. The Tanto blade is still strong in its own right, and if Corsair targets weak points in enemies, it should still do its job of cutting through well. I just decided to take out that 'hot knife through butter' cutting power that the old Balisong had.

Abilities:
-Increased speed and agility adds to his already incredible speed and reflexes
-He can camouflage with his surroundings
-He can breathe a gas that, if breathed in by someone else, functions as a knockout gas. The mask holds back this gas, but retracts to the sides of his cheeks if he decides to deploy this ability

Weaknesses:
-He prefers to operate in a manner of stealth, and as such, pitched battles are where he performs worst. No places to hide, and everyone is on the alert, making surprise attacks impossible
-His attacks can no longer pierce armor, so he cannot effectively attack heavily armored targets while they are aware of him.
-While his combat skills and reflexes are exceptional, his physical strength is very low.
-Although he does have some level of endurance as he can run and respond extraordinarily fast, he still can't take hits very well, and has to use his other abilities to avoid getting hit.

Otherwise, those are all of the changes that I can remember at present

LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:09 am

Where has this thread been all my life?  I come up with more stuff than I can possibly write.

Anyway introducing two Warhammer 40K characters I've been working on.

The three eyed lass is Navigator Gwendolyn von Hohenheim.   Having been experimented on in the womb by her renegade Navigator house Gwendolyn has the unique ability to open short lived portals for short range teleportation on top of the natural abilities all Navigators have.  Gwendolyn is a reserved and shy but willful girl after having spent her childhood on a ruined space station known as a space hulk and after peering into the horrible realm  known as the warp.  Due to catching glimpses of the terrible realms of the Chaos Gods Gwendolyn has developed an overwhelming hatred for the forces of chaos specifically the servants of Slaanesh the Chaos lady fumi(Goddess) of depravity and hedonism.  Gwendolyn's hatred for the followers of Slaanesh is so great she will immediately utilize her full power to attack them heedless of who may get caught in the crossfire.

The girl on the right is Inquisitor Acoloyte Walperga Deatrix.  Walperga was a young psyker destined to be sacrificed to mankind's Golden Throne to empower The lady fumi Emperor.  However Inquisitor Vownus Kaede noticed she had combat potential and gave Walperga an offer she couldn't refuse.  Joining the Inquisition Walperga is tasked with doing whatever it takes to protect the soul of mankind from the forces of chaos or treacherous xenos, no matter the cost or sacrifice.  Currently Walperga is assigned to the Rogue Trader ship that Gwendolyn serves in order to keep an eye on the unique Navigator and better understand her powers.

Walperga is a somewhat naïve and energetic girl who whole heartedly believes in what she does.  Despite everything she finds herself drawn to Gwendolyn.

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon on Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Deleted my post on my OCs Shandian and Daiyu; figure I need to do some more refining on them. Also, now that I've spent some time away, Daiyu with dual dao swords and a metalbending harness seems not so much inspired by Attack on Titan as taken directly from it (sure different weapons, different machines, but same concept), and i didn't see how it could possibly work, given that she's an Earthbender and so could use her bending.

However, I am willing to share another organisation from my Korra fic.

The On Ji Dance Studio
After Aang (under the alias Kuzon) brought the children of a Fire Nation school to a dance party in the cave he was using as a hideout, the experience lingered for quite a while. After the coronation of Firelord Zuko, the students who attended the dance party, led by On Ji (canon character, sought to revive the art of dance in the Fire Nation that previous Firelords crushed out.

Over time, their efforts grew into the first dance studio, named the On Ji Dance Studio after the girl who spearheaded their mission. Over the course of many long, hard and sometimes painful years, they grew larger and trained more people in the art of dancing, with performers encouraged to show off their talent when they can.

By the time of Korra, the On Ji Studio's impact had been felt through almost all of the Fire Nation: several restaurants, theatres and other places are willing to play host to troupes of On Ji dancers, especially for special occasions. In addition, their efforts have reintroduced dance into the school syllabus (although according to at least one member, the schools have completely missed the point of people wanting to dance due to them making it compulsory, and having pupils' grades influenced by their performance as opposed to it being a form of expression).

They are considered the best dancers in the Fire Nation, although their fame is not well-known outside their homeland due to none of the other two surviving nations suppressing their dance traditions.

LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top