Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Was Haruka Suzushiro homophobic/Anti-Gay/Lesbian? End the debate!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Was Haruka Suzushiro homophobic?

50% 50% 
[ 9 ]
50% 50% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 18

Re: Was Haruka Suzushiro homophobic/Anti-Gay/Lesbian? End the debate!

Post by fortunelestion on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:51 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
fortunelestion wrote:I think her sexuality was Asexual. The both side didn't attract her. Just Yukino who succeed to melt her heart  Think 

Never thought of it like that before! To me, Nao was the Asexual predator of the series~ nao lick 

Really?! I think Nao was bisexual  Think 

fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 207
Armitage GUTS!!! : 73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:08 pm

I never thought Haruka focused clearly in terms of sex. Just what what was considered appropriate and doing what she feels is right.

I could most likely see the internal struggle that is being mentioned here.
She does believe in rules and enforced laws.
I could see that like what is mentioned upon her family status and wealth and how she raised.

She may not be allowed to be able focus on her personal life very much.
However in her last moments she focused solely on Yukino.
Though not a Hime she is really one of the most bravest of the dying important people to someone.

She is found intimidating by a lot of people except Yukino.
She does say what she thinks but I don't think she often focused much other than her duties.
Except for Yukino's well being and wanting her near by.
(As you noticed they are almost always together when it's possible.)

If Haruka had time to focus on other aspects in life,
I'm sure it be easier for her to befriend others.
So.. I do think by her blushing there was something within herself that was troubled.

Also I think even though it bothered her to see Shizuru with Natsuki.. I think she was bothered more that Yukino had to witness it.

Oblivious to much else..
It's probably not accepted in her family.
Ever since they were younger she often looked after Yukino.

Seemed to of found inspiration in for achieving from her.

I think that could be just my theory..

So you can take as it a grain of salt.

Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 733
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

View user profile http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fortunelestion on Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 am

Kiros Razer wrote:I never thought Haruka focused clearly in terms of sex. Just what what was considered appropriate and doing what she feels is right.

I could most likely see the internal struggle that is being mentioned here.
She does believe in rules and enforced laws.
I could see that like what is mentioned upon her family status and wealth and how she raised.

She may not be allowed to be able focus on her personal life very much.
However in her last moments she focused solely on Yukino.
Though not a Hime she is really one of the most bravest of the dying important people to someone.

She is found intimidating by a lot of people except Yukino.
She does say what she thinks but I don't think she often focused much other than her duties.
Except for Yukino's well being and wanting her near by.
(As you noticed they are almost always together when it's possible.)

If Haruka had time to focus on other aspects in life,
I'm sure it be easier for her to befriend others.
So.. I do think by her blushing there was something within herself that was troubled.

Also I think even though it bothered her to see Shizuru with Natsuki.. I think she was bothered more that Yukino had to witness it.

Oblivious to much else..
It's probably not accepted in her family.
Ever since they were younger she often looked after Yukino.

Seemed to of found inspiration in for achieving from her.

I think that could be just my theory..

So you can take as it a grain of salt.

Agree  Mikoto Minagi  Those you mentioned are adding to why I don't think Haruka was a homophobic. Nice Kiros-chan :D

fortunelestion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 207
Armitage GUTS!!! : 73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon May 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Always hated that grain of salt analogy. GRAIN OF SALLLLLLLLLLLLT. >:3

That aside, you do make excellent points, Kiros! Haruka does say what's on her mind without flinching without worrying who it offends. She has so much confidence in her abilities; this includes knowing what's best for Yukino. So if it seems like Haruka is just as misguided as Shizuru, trust me, that's not the case. She is always taking care of Yukino. Gay or not.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru on Tue May 27, 2014 7:04 am

I think it was in the moment
It was probably her first time seeing same-sex affection and she was probably raised and told that these things were wrong so she reacted like this. so yes haruka was homophobic but over time i think she came to accept that it happens because at the end of the series I don't think Haruka is treating shizuru any differently then before and still considers her a rival. plus haruka was sitting next to shizuru at graduation i think deep down haruka dosen't want to lose that rival/friendship she had with shizuru. haruka is just to tsundere to admit it XD and i maybe looking to much into it so i'll stop.
Note:shizuru was totally asleep

PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 172
Armitage GUTS!!! : 49
Location : Australia, otherwise check for a note I left on the fridge!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue May 27, 2014 6:55 pm

PuppyHaru wrote:I think it was in the moment
It was probably her first time seeing same-sex affection and she was probably raised and told that these things were wrong so she reacted like this. so yes haruka was homophobic but over time i think she came to accept that it happens because at the end of the series I don't think Haruka is treating shizuru any differently then before and still considers her a rival.  plus haruka was sitting next to shizuru at graduation i think deep down haruka dosen't want to lose that rival/friendship she had with shizuru. haruka is just to tsundere to admit it XD and i maybe looking to much into it so i'll stop.

Haruka is totally Tsundere. Almost as bad as Natsuki! Only Haruka got stuck with the uke in her relationship and Natsuki, the seme!

Shizuru Kaichou : Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrra~

Don't stop, we're here to share opinions! Recall Haruka being embarrassed when Yukino flat out spilled the beans that Haruka has *always* looked up to Shizuru? Now that's an interesting love triangle. One that Shizuru wants no part of!  laugh 

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru on Wed May 28, 2014 9:23 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
It was probably her first time seeing same-sex affection and she was probably raised and told that these things were wrong so she reacted like this. so yes haruka was homophobic but over time i think she came to accept that it happens because at the end of the series I don't think Haruka is treating shizuru any differently then before and still considers her a rival.  plus haruka was sitting next to shizuru at graduation i think deep down haruka dosen't want to lose that rival/friendship she had with shizuru. haruka is just to tsundere to admit it XD and i maybe looking to much into it so i'll stop.

Haruka is totally Tsundere. Almost as bad as Natsuki! Only Haruka got stuck with the uke in her relationship and Natsuki, the seme!

Shizuru Kaichou : Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrra~

Don't stop, we're here to share opinions! Recall Haruka being embarrassed when Yukino flat out spilled the beans that Haruka has *always* looked up to Shizuru? Now that's an interesting love triangle. One that Shizuru wants no part of!  laugh 

XD I wonder what that shipping would be called it would be quite entertaining

GRANDE CHIE Chie approves~

PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 172
Armitage GUTS!!! : 49
Location : Australia, otherwise check for a note I left on the fridge!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed May 28, 2014 4:58 pm

PuppyHaru wrote:XD I wonder what that shipping would be called it would be quite entertaining

GRANDE CHIE Chie approves~

Most fanfiction authors for Mai-HiME called it "Haruzuke". Haruka + Bubuzuke.

>:3 Which implies Haruka is the dominant one. I kind of disagree with that. Even in a relationship with bossy Haruka, Shizuru would remain in control. You can't out-seme a seme.  Shizuru Fujino 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by DiamondLady on Thu May 29, 2014 8:26 am

Yep I agree with you in almost every point! Except I think Haruka is still a little homophobic after everything. For example I remember that one scene in Mai Otome with Shizuru and Natsuki on the beach (you all know which scene I mean giggity ),where Haruka was annoyed by the sight of Shiznat and commented something like "you never change". So yeah..I think she didn't fully accepted it, but she tolerated it to some degree. However I also think that she doesn't want to lose her rival and still hates her the same as before :D
Oh and Shizuru sleeping at the graduation was soo cute, I wonder why she was so tired^^

(sorry if someone wrote that before, I didn't read every post)

DiamondLady
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 31
Armitage GUTS!!! : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu May 29, 2014 5:16 pm

DiamondLady wrote:Oh and Shizuru sleeping at the graduation was soo cute, I wonder why she was so tired^^

I LOVE that scene. It was just another quick illustration on the difference between Shizuru and Haruka. Haruka listens intently on the graduation speech, while Shizuru couldn't give two f*cks. XD

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top