Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Mai-HiME: Texts from Last Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mai-HiME: Texts from Last Night

Post by HiME-tfln on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Hey everyone, as I'm sure some for you know I run the Mai-HiME Texts from Last Night Tumblr, this thread is to pimp some of my work and keep everyone updated.

First I'd like to thank Luu for suggesting I make this thread and all of the other members who support me. My blog is located here for anyone who wants to check it out. The premise is to mix screen caps from Mai-HiME, Otome, and Zwei with text messages from the site textsfromlastnight.com, some are very humorous and some are a little dark.

On this thread I'll be posting some of my favourite texts and updates on the blog. I'd also really like some feedback on what everyone thinks or ways I could improve, and feel free to post any questions or comments here.

HiME-tfln
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 39
Armitage GUTS!!! : 17

View user profile http://mai-hime-tfln.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mai-HiME: Texts from Last Night

Post by Midori Sugiura on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:13 pm

I've been following your blog for a while now, even before you made this page, and all I can say is keep up the good work, I like them very much, as for improvements? why try to improve what's perfect?

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3740
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:40 am

I'm amazed how many people recognized 'Mai-HiME Texts from Last Night' On our official Facebook group. Minus myself, who neglects his poor tumblr account. XD Nevertheless, the fans love what they see and your captions are just hilarious. A lot of the jokes on your pics are nicely done. The best captioned pics have a cynical and dry sarcastic but also ironic sense of humor. People like that sort of George Takei type humor. One screen shot from any Mai-HiME/Otome episode can be captioned in thousands of different ways, if you're creative enough. I'm happy to have your work promoted among us. Arika Yumemiya

If you're on Facebook, join us! We're always captioning pics. I know you do your own material, but a little inspiration can be awesome too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/102035606554170/

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HiME-tfln on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:I've been following your blog for a while now, even before you made this page, and all I can say is keep up the good work, I like them very much, as for improvements? why try to improve what's perfect?

Aw thanks I'm so happy to hear that :3 Also feel free to post your tumblr here I'd love to see other forum members.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I'm amazed how many people recognized 'Mai-HiME Texts from Last Night' On our official Facebook group. Minus myself, who neglects his poor tumblr account. XD Nevertheless, the fans love what they see and your captions are just hilarious. A lot of the jokes on your pics are nicely done. The best captioned pics have a cynical and dry sarcastic but also ironic sense of humor. People like that sort of George Takei type humor. One screen shot from any Mai-HiME/Otome episode can be captioned in thousands of different ways, if you're creative enough. I'm happy to have your work promoted among us. Arika Yumemiya

If you're on Facebook, join us! We're always captioning pics. I know you do your own material, but a little inspiration can be awesome too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/102035606554170/

Wow, I never knew I was so popular. :oops: I always like to have a little variety in my posts, some just funny, others a little dark, just to keep things different. I also try to give each character a day in the limelight but it's really hard sometimes. sweatdrop
I'd really love to see what other people have done too, maybe even have a small contest every month for a guest text.

And just a little update for everyone, I have a new layout (the first change since I started) so go have a look see and tell me what you think.

HiME-tfln
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:06 pm

HiME-tfln wrote:Wow, I never knew I was so popular. :oops: I always like to have a little variety in my posts, some just funny, others a little dark, just to keep things different. I also try to give each character a day in the limelight but it's really hard sometimes. sweatdrop
I'd really love to see what other people have done too, maybe even have a small contest every month for a guest text.

And just a little update for everyone, I have a new layout (the first change since I started) so go have a look see and tell me what you think.

You're doing a great job, really! Out of curiosity, why is it difficult for you to give each character a day in the limelight? Perhaps, difficulty in getting inspiration from characters like Tate or Mashiro? Monthly contest would be nice, actually. I do monthly contests on Mai-Multiverse deviantART, so I can't get directly involved in the project. However, I can promote your contest should you do one.

The new layout is kick ass! It reminds me of how the forum looks with that clash of orange and white. XD Only reason I chose those colors for this place is because the North American DVD releases were always so orange-y. The collectors box came to mind back in 2010, so bam! MM Forum. lol

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by HiME-tfln on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:03 am

It's sometimes pretty hard to find texts for certain characters, Mashiro is one of them but the one that gives me the most trouble is Akane. Characters like Shizuru, Natsuki, and Midori seem to be the easiest and are usually the top favourites, but I really try to work in everyone now and again.
I might try to get a contest going at the beginning of next month since I'm pretty swamped with final projects right now and I'll need to think up some guidelines.

It's crazy how the forum and my blog look similar, I actually got the inspiration for the color scheme from the school uniforms, orange, white, and a little bit of grey. But I would definitely consider orange the signature color of Mai-HiME. Mai Tokiha

HiME-tfln
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:45 pm

HiME-tfln wrote:It's sometimes pretty hard to find texts for certain characters, Mashiro is one of them but the one that gives me the most trouble is Akane. Characters like Shizuru, Natsuki, and Midori seem to be the easiest and are usually the top favourites, but I really try to work in everyone now and again.
I might try to get a contest going at the beginning of next month since I'm pretty swamped with final projects right now and I'll need to think up some guidelines.

It's crazy how the forum and my blog look similar, I actually got the inspiration for the color scheme from the school uniforms, orange, white, and a little bit of grey. But I would definitely consider orange the signature color of Mai-HiME. Mai Tokiha

Mashiro would require a lot of handicap and pedobear jokes to go along with Fumi, I believe. There's a trick to Akane Higurashi though. Her jokes should center around the gimmick of injustice! There's a fan in our community who thinks there was some Sunrise conspiracy built around Akane. Eliminating her early in the Orphan arc because THEY HATED HER! XDDDD So if you can reach down deep, you can make humor surrounding the UNFAIR! UNJUST! UNSATISFYING! way that Akane was treated by Sunrise! *laughs* That guy was actually serious too. If he were trolling, then that's the best troll rib I've ever received. Sure, Akane could of eliminated much later during the Carnival arc...but Sunrise had other plans! Natsuki Kruger2 *LAUGHS HARDER*

mai hime Of course! It's the proper choice, honestly. It'll be a while until you're sick of it, unless you're one of those tumblr-heads who changes layouts on a whim. By the way, I'd like to ask your permission to add your tumblr to our affiliates section. It's in the tab with Haruka's head labeled PORTAL. If you have a small 100 x 50 banner to use, we'd appreciate that! If not, our moderator/graphic artists will make one for your tumblr. Awaiting your permission.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by HiME-tfln on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Mashiro would require a lot of handicap and pedobear jokes to go along with Fumi, I believe. There's a trick to Akane Higurashi though. Her jokes should center around the gimmick of injustice! There's a fan in our community who thinks there was some Sunrise conspiracy built around Akane. Eliminating her early in the Orphan arc because THEY HATED HER! XDDDD So if you can reach down deep, you can make humor surrounding the UNFAIR! UNJUST! UNSATISFYING! way that Akane was treated by Sunrise! *laughs* That guy was actually serious too. If he were trolling, then that's the best troll rib I've ever received. Sure, Akane could of eliminated much later during the Carnival arc...but Sunrise had other plans! Natsuki Kruger2 *LAUGHS HARDER*

mai hime Of course! It's the proper choice, honestly. It'll be a while until you're sick of it, unless you're one of those tumblr-heads who changes layouts on a whim. By the way, I'd like to ask your permission to add your tumblr to our affiliates section. It's in the tab with Haruka's head labeled PORTAL. If you have a small 100 x 50 banner to use, we'd appreciate that! If not, our moderator/graphic artists will make one for your tumblr. Awaiting your permission.

Haha I've never though of Akane that way, it would definitely work. She's a really underrated character but one of my favourites.
I'd love to affiliate with you're site :D as long as you don't mind me adding a link to the Mai Multiverse to my own affiliation page I'm working on. I'm not too great with graphics though so I think someone with a little more talent than me should make the banner. XD Thanks so much for everything, I don't think I've meet a nicer or more involved webmaster before I love you

HiME-tfln
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:45 pm

HiME-tfln wrote:
Haha I've never though of Akane that way, it would definitely work. She's a really underrated character but one of my favourites.
I'd love to affiliate with you're site :D as long as you don't mind me adding a link to the Mai Multiverse to my own affiliation page I'm working on. I'm not too great with graphics though so I think someone with a little more talent than me should make the banner. XD Thanks so much for everything, I don't think I've meet a nicer or more involved webmaster before I love you

Quite underrated! xD I don't really think she was "screwed" by the promotion or anything. I think Sunrise wanted Akane eliminated early to show that Miyu was a villain. Yeah, it sucks she was eliminated early, but it helped hype up the SEARRS Foundation.

Cool! I don't mind at all, that would be rather cool! In turn, we'll gladly make a banner for your tumblr. depression76 is our graphics artist, she'll come up with something. You're welcome, just doing what I can to help the community.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:22 pm

bump

http://ltahime.forum-motion.net/

^ We have added Mai-HiME: Texts from Last Night to our affiliate link list! Wink Check out the little banner our moderator, depression76, made for you! Thanks for allowing the affiliation!

GRANDE CHIE : REPRESENT, YO!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by HiME-tfln on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:45 pm

It's absolutely adorable, great job! And thanks Mikoto Minagi

HiME-tfln
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:48 pm

HiME-tfln wrote:It's absolutely adorable, great job! And thanks Mikoto Minagi

You're quite welcome! Viola Keep up the awesome work!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by HiME-tfln on Fri May 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Hey everyone, there are a couple of new features on my blog now. I've added posts so now you can search by characters in both HiME and Otome. I hope this lets people browse better, let me know what you think (or if you find any problems with the code Razz).

HiME-tfln
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat May 04, 2013 8:44 pm

HiME-tfln wrote:Hey everyone, there are a couple of new features on my blog now. I've added posts so now you can search by characters in both HiME and Otome. I hope this lets people browse better, let me know what you think (or if you find any problems with the code Razz).

This is great news! I've already passed it along to the other MManiacs on our Facebook page. The browsing feature is very organized! Years from now, it'll be filled with so many text memes, you did the right thing by organizing them. All of the character buttons are in working order, just so you know. Razz Thank you for sharing!

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top