Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Panzer Vor! (Girls und Panzer discussion)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Panzer Vor! (Girls und Panzer discussion)

Post by SulliMike23 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:45 am

If one were to describe Girls und Panzer it would be in this fashion: World of Tanks in anime form with girls operating the tanks. That just about sums up Girls und Panzer in a nutshell. It's from the folks who made Strike Witches so it's no surprise that the tanks and non-modern era vehicles are all from WWII. You'll see tanks from the German Panzer, to the American Sherman, to the Soviet T-34, to the fearsome Tiger.

The story focuses on Miho Nishizumi, a girl who had just transferred to Oorai Girls School and how she meets Saori Takabe and Hana Isuzu and imediately becomes good friends with them. Later, the student council revives the school's Tankery club for reasons only they know and force Miho back into it seeing as how she comes from a school that specializes in Tankery. Throughout the series we meet the other girls in the Oorai Girls Tankery Club as well as the other schools that participate in the Tankery competition. Each one specializes in certain tanks from certain countries in WWII.

There is fanservice in this anime, but it's hardly noticeable. The biggest form of fanservice is in the OVA special. There's barely any yuri hints in this anime too, so don't get your hopes up. Still, that probably won't stop some fans from doing some fanstuff for it.

Last edited by SulliMike23 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 963
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Panzer Vor! (Girls und Panzer discussion)

Post by Midori Sugiura on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:03 am

I adore Girls Und Panzer,

As a History major, focusing in WWII, I am a huge fan of WWII tanks and I definitely got my fill for once, and it's not just the famous tanks like the Panzer IV and the Sherman making their debuts but even tanks like the KV2

and the Churchhill

While there isn't much Yuri, and not enough fan service for some, it's well worth a watch I have to admit, with it's varied characters, stunning visuals, good character developments,
badass places to have schools

Philosodori Oh, I'm not ruining this one, you have to see it

An amazing assortment of Tanks and even has topical music from the British Grenadiers March playing for Saint Gloriana's (A British School) to the Russian Girls from Prava singing Katyusha, a song My great-grandfather used to sing me to sleep with

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:19 am

Ahh yes, the Russian song from episode 8! No matter how many times I hear it, I never get tired of hearing it.

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:Ahh yes, the Russian song from episode 8! No matter how many times I hear it, I never get tired of hearing it.

It's more addictive than any drug ever made by man

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Noobhack wrote:
SulliMike23 wrote:Ahh yes, the Russian song from episode 8! No matter how many times I hear it, I never get tired of hearing it.

I'll say this for the Russians, they make such addicting songs that you wanna sing along to even if you can't speak a word of Russian.

The song in this is a good example of that.

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:
Noobhack wrote:

I'll say this for the Russians, they make such addicting songs that you wanna sing along to even if you can't speak a word of Russian.

The song in this is a good example of that.

It's completely true, russian songs from the 30s, 40s, and 50s were too addictive for their own good...

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:36 pm

bump

Does anyone else watch this anime?

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:20 pm

bump

Well, episode 11 FINALLY premiered after a nice long wait. After seeing it I can only say this...Holy CRAP!!!! It was exciting, it was emotional, but the last few minutes were what really made me say "Holy Crap"!

Spoiler:
Kuromine unleashed their secret weapon: a Panzer VIII Maus super heavy tank! It is DEVASTATING!!! A Tank like that could chew up practically any tank, even today's tanks with just 1 shot! The only hope anyone has at beating that thing is if they have some heavy air cover and since that's not allowed in Tankery (or sensha-do whatever you wanna call it) the girls are pretty much in BIG TROUBLE!!!

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:57 am

bump

Well the last episode of Girls und Panzer has premiered and BOY was it intense!

Spoiler:
After a brilliant maneuver to take down that Maus tank, the girls managed to fight off Black Forrest Peak's Elephant and JagdTiger tanks before it was down to just Miho and her sister in the courtyard of this apartment building complex. It was an intense duel, but in the end...Miho and her team WON!!! They won the championships and saved their school after a long and intense battle! But the team that really shined in today's episode was the Rabbit Team in the M3 Lee tank. They managed to take down a couple of tanks while they themselves went down. But needless to say, they have redeemed themselves.

It has been a long and hectic wait for the final 2 episodes, but they were well worth the wait. Now, after several months, the series has finally come to an end. I gotta say I am rather sad that it's over. But, I'm hoping that there will be a second season with the Oarai girls returning to the battlefield with new tanks and more classmates. But now that the series is over, it's time for me to get back to writing my fanfic so I can finish it!

But anyway, overall, Girls und Panzer is an awesome anime. Tiny yuri implications if you squint, but not enough to deter me from watching it. It has it's faults, but it's overall story and action sequences are enough to keep me watching.

My overall rating: 4.5/5

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:03 am

I really do hope for a season 2, the creator did intimate on his twitter that their journey wasn't complete, so I am hoping for season 2

BTW my rating is a 4.75/5.00

Midori Sugiura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:20 am

I bought the DVD for this, I wish GuP was real, its so cool 0-0, Team Anglerfish is my fave (especially the Anko Dance xD) definitely a great sports anime.

midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2592
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

View user profile http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top