Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:09 pm

GAP wrote:Perhaps you are right. Sunrise just has to get their dream team back on board and we could a hit series.

That's assuming the same creative team that worked on Mai-HiME *and* Mai-Otome are still around. One of Sunrise's recent titles, Cross Ange, does take some cues from the Mai-Series, though it is produced and directed by individuals who never worked on our series.

There was a rumor floating around in our official Facebook group that a new Mai-HiME/Otome series is planned for 2016. It was part of an upcoming anime list, which so far is fairly accurate. Don't hold your breath until there's actual proof and not pipe dreams. Akira Okuzaki

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42151
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2496

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:57 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GAP wrote:Perhaps you are right. Sunrise just has to get their dream team back on board and we could a hit series.

That's assuming the same creative team that worked on Mai-HiME *and* Mai-Otome are still around. One of Sunrise's recent titles, Cross Ange, does take some cues from the Mai-Series, though it is produced and directed by individuals who never worked on our series.

There was a rumor floating around in our official Facebook group that a new Mai-HiME/Otome series is planned for 2016. It was part of an upcoming anime list, which so far is fairly accurate. Don't hold your breath until there's actual proof and not pipe dreams. Akira Okuzaki

The new year does could bring Sunrise's best year to date,right now Accel World s2 and BandaiNamco Productions new coming out to start the new year. We might see Mai HiME return in summer or fall season but it's all speculah from here Luu.

From the huge success of LoveLive,I guess Studio 8 might wanna break into groups and really work on Accel World s2,new Mai-HiME project and others.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-04/accel-world-novels-inspire-new-accel-world-infinite-burst-anime/.93767

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:22 pm

Highman wrote:
The new year does could bring Sunrise's best year to date,right now Accel World s2 and BandaiNamco Productions new coming out to start the new year. We might see Mai HiME return in summer or fall season but it's all speculah from here Luu.

From the huge success of LoveLive,I guess Studio 8 might wanna break into groups and really work on Accel World s2,new Mai-HiME project and others.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-04/accel-world-novels-inspire-new-accel-world-infinite-burst-anime/.93767

Love Live is a mega success. With the success of somewhat similar projects like Kantai Collection (or Kancolle), I'm surprised they're not reviving Mai-HiME/Otome in any way. It's a great time to be an all female series. I'm actually more shocked about Full Metal Panic (more so than  Accel World) making a comeback. Panic was good, but not great. If they can dig the bottom of that barrel, Mai-HiME/Otome has a great chance at revival.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:11 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:

Love Live is a mega success. With the success of somewhat similar projects like Kantai Collection (or Kancolle), I'm surprised they're not reviving Mai-HiME/Otome in any way. It's a great time to be an all female series. I'm actually more shocked about Full Metal Panic (more so than  Accel World) making a comeback. Panic was good, but not great. If they can dig the bottom of that barrel, Mai-HiME/Otome has a great chance at revival.

Well this year could finally be the year Luu? I mean this year shows a ton of opportunity for the Mai-franchise make it's return. Sunrise does care about their previous IP's like Zegapain 10 year anniversary announced for AnimeJapan this year,will a new Mai-HiME series also get an announcement too?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-31/zegapain-anime-site-updates-with-new-image/.78240

http://desustorage.org/a/thread/135470457/#135470457

Well during the holiday season,Sunrise surprised us with new Mai-HiME merchandise and possible more on the way. Big question is will it lead to new Mai-series this year?  HiME

http://www.carddass.com/crusade/item/sc23th.html

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:58 pm

Highman wrote:Well this year could finally be the year Luu? I mean this year shows a ton of opportunity for the Mai-franchise make it's return. Sunrise does care about their previous IP's like Zegapain 10 year anniversary announced for AnimeJapan this year,will a new Mai-HiME series also get an announcement too?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-31/zegapain-anime-site-updates-with-new-image/.78240

http://desustorage.org/a/thread/135470457/#135470457

Well during the holiday season,Sunrise surprised us with new Mai-HiME merchandise and possible more on the way. Big question is will it lead to new Mai-series this year?  HiME

http://www.carddass.com/crusade/item/sc23th.html

I do like the attention they give Mai-HiME for their Carddass releases. Mai, Mikoto and Natsuki have a more "2010s" look to them on the Christmas shot. Crisper than they did in 2004-5, which is saying a lot. I appreciate digging up Mai-HiME for smaller promotions, though I expect something bigger than that. I still say something will happen around the time FUNimation releases Mai-HiME/Otome on Blu-Ray. Assuming they have the same mindset Viz Media had with Sailor Moon; biding their time until they had several announcements and releases ready to go.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:38 am

I would like to remain optimistic when it comes to Mai Hime franchise although it only seems that Sunrise doesn't appear to be interested.

I wonder if Funimation could redub the series, not that the old dub was but it doesn't make me cringe sometimes.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 418
Armitage GUTS!!! : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:06 pm

GAP wrote:I would like to remain optimistic when it comes to Mai Hime franchise although it only seems that Sunrise doesn't appear to be interested.

I wonder if Funimation could redub the series, not that the old dub was but it doesn't make me cringe sometimes.

No G,Sunrise does care about older series when merchandise can still profit that much.Mai-franchise still has a chance.I think it's has a purpose to challenge their rival Toei with Sailor Moon Crystal leading up to DVD/Blu-ray sales in Japan. They are interested with the Mai-franchise,If the sales are good with merchandise then there's something look up to for this year ahead.

For Funi,they are having the worst year coming out 2015 and the new year might show something much worse but that's another topic we can discuss. Onto the redub part Funi can pay for the old dub no doubt about it but there's one problem is that when new Mai-series and when Funi will simulcast the cast the English dub,will they ask or bring Carol Anne Daye to reprise her role as Mai Tokiha and others to voice as Texan or California VA based actors. Because we know Miss Daye has actual talent.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:57 pm

I'm not sure about a new dub. That's up to FUNimation at this point, but they're not known for redubbing anything beyond Dragon Ball Z. Because that's what we need, redubbing of mediocrity and not art.

facepalm

I'd sell my kidneys to hear Laura Bailey voice Natsuki, Shizuru or even Nao.

I do agree with Highman that Carol should be the only one to reprise her role as Mai Tokiha. She was great.

Also Highman, you forget that Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome had just as much merchandise, if not more than a popular series like Madoka Magica. Go to the merchandise gallery at ShizNat Webs and count the North American goods for yourself:

ShizNat Webs: Mai-HiME/Otome Merchandise

Outweighs Madoka and just about equals Great Eastern Sailor Moon
merchandise (so far, mind you) FUNimation *should* be aware of this and give the series respectable royalties. As long as I get the best picture quality and all OVAs included in the Blu-Ray sets, I'll be happy.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:43 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I'm not sure about a new dub. That's up to FUNimation at this point, but they're not known for redubbing anything beyond Dragon Ball Z. Because that's what we need, redubbing of mediocrity and not art.

facepalm

I'd sell my kidneys to hear Laura Bailey voice Natsuki, Shizuru or even Nao.

I do agree with Highman that Carol should be the only one to reprise her role as Mai Tokiha. She was great.

Also Highman, you forget that Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome had just as much merchandise, if not more than a popular series like Madoka Magica. Go to the merchandise gallery at ShizNat Webs and count the North American goods for yourself:

ShizNat Webs: Mai-HiME/Otome Merchandise

Outweighs Madoka and just about equals Great Eastern Sailor Moon
merchandise (so far, mind you) FUNimation *should* be aware of this and give the series respectable royalties. As long as I get the best picture quality and all OVAs included in the Blu-Ray sets, I'll be happy.

I don't know Mai HiME will ever regain much popularity in merchandising with all other anime titles taking over this year.The merchandise would do good while Sunrise prepares to announce a new Mai-HiME series soon overall it won't hold with the Japanese unless Sunrise pulls out all the stops.

Sunrise has a reason to bring back the Mai-franchise to challenge against Sailor Moon Crystal for those DVD/Blu-ray sales. If Madoka get's a new project announced,well prepare yourself for a huge dogfight in 2016.

I do expect Sunrise to push a ton of merchandise with the Mai-franchise in 2016 until they announce a new Mai-series.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:30 pm

Highman wrote:
Sunrise has a reason to bring back the Mai-franchise to challenge against Sailor Moon Crystal for those DVD/Blu-ray sales. If Madoka get's a new project announced,well prepare yourself for a huge dogfight in 2016.

I do expect Sunrise to push a ton of merchandise with the Mai-franchise in 2016 until they announce a new Mai-series.

Madoka does have a new project coming up that may or may not take place after the impressive Rebellion. In any event, Mai-HiME/Otome's future is those Blu-Ray releases from FUNimation. We can determine the franchise's future by how well FUNi handles the video/digital release. If they're copies of the restored Blu-Ray from Japan, including all the short OVAs that were missing from Bandai's DVDs, then they're doing things right. If the sets are just lazy repackaged Bandai Entertainment releases, then probably not.

Screw the dogfight nonsense. This is a great time for super powered females with Mai-HiME/Otome being released again, Sailor Moon Crystal season 3 and a new Madoka film. So while dotted eyed Goku and Beerus have stiff, recycled punch frame fights; HiME/Otome, Moon and Madoka will tear the house down with phenomenal stories and overall content.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:

Madoka does have a new project coming up that may or may not take place after the impressive Rebellion. In any event, Mai-HiME/Otome's future is those Blu-Ray releases from FUNimation. We can determine the franchise's future by how well FUNi handles the video/digital release. If they're copies of the restored Blu-Ray from Japan, including all the short OVAs that were missing from Bandai's DVDs, then they're doing things right. If the sets are just lazy repackaged Bandai Entertainment releases, then probably not.

Screw the dogfight nonsense. This is a great time for super powered females with Mai-HiME/Otome being released again, Sailor Moon Crystal season 3 and a new Madoka film. So while dotted eyed Goku and Beerus have stiff, recycled punch frame fights; HiME/Otome, Moon and Madoka will tear the house down with phenomenal stories and overall content.

Well the best appropriate term I should say is "bragging rights" instead of dogfights for Blu-ray/dvd releases.Popularity will play a huge role restoring the Mai-franchise,as long as Sunrise really gives a hoot and as long we don't come cross traffic LoveLive fans since Sunshine anime announced this summer.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-11/love-live-sunshine-idol-project-gets-tv-anime-this-summer/.97449

Right now we have Accel World s2,Love Live:SunShine and new Mai-HiME series slated for 2016?

Luu,Sunrise decides Mai-franchise fate with new releases and blu-ray/dvd's.Funi the licensor,but Sunrise give's the final word overall. Whenever Sunrise finally announces a new Mai series then Funi will get the notice.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:34 pm

I admire your optimism and I hope Mai Hime gets the recognition that it deserves.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 418
Armitage GUTS!!! : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:39 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3