Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:09 pm

GAP wrote:Perhaps you are right. Sunrise just has to get their dream team back on board and we could a hit series.

That's assuming the same creative team that worked on Mai-HiME *and* Mai-Otome are still around. One of Sunrise's recent titles, Cross Ange, does take some cues from the Mai-Series, though it is produced and directed by individuals who never worked on our series.

There was a rumor floating around in our official Facebook group that a new Mai-HiME/Otome series is planned for 2016. It was part of an upcoming anime list, which so far is fairly accurate. Don't hold your breath until there's actual proof and not pipe dreams. Akira Okuzaki

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42491
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2510

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:57 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GAP wrote:Perhaps you are right. Sunrise just has to get their dream team back on board and we could a hit series.

That's assuming the same creative team that worked on Mai-HiME *and* Mai-Otome are still around. One of Sunrise's recent titles, Cross Ange, does take some cues from the Mai-Series, though it is produced and directed by individuals who never worked on our series.

There was a rumor floating around in our official Facebook group that a new Mai-HiME/Otome series is planned for 2016. It was part of an upcoming anime list, which so far is fairly accurate. Don't hold your breath until there's actual proof and not pipe dreams. Akira Okuzaki

The new year does could bring Sunrise's best year to date,right now Accel World s2 and BandaiNamco Productions new coming out to start the new year. We might see Mai HiME return in summer or fall season but it's all speculah from here Luu.

From the huge success of LoveLive,I guess Studio 8 might wanna break into groups and really work on Accel World s2,new Mai-HiME project and others.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-04/accel-world-novels-inspire-new-accel-world-infinite-burst-anime/.93767
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:22 pm

Highman wrote:
The new year does could bring Sunrise's best year to date,right now Accel World s2 and BandaiNamco Productions new coming out to start the new year. We might see Mai HiME return in summer or fall season but it's all speculah from here Luu.

From the huge success of LoveLive,I guess Studio 8 might wanna break into groups and really work on Accel World s2,new Mai-HiME project and others.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-04/accel-world-novels-inspire-new-accel-world-infinite-burst-anime/.93767

Love Live is a mega success. With the success of somewhat similar projects like Kantai Collection (or Kancolle), I'm surprised they're not reviving Mai-HiME/Otome in any way. It's a great time to be an all female series. I'm actually more shocked about Full Metal Panic (more so than  Accel World) making a comeback. Panic was good, but not great. If they can dig the bottom of that barrel, Mai-HiME/Otome has a great chance at revival.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:11 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:

Love Live is a mega success. With the success of somewhat similar projects like Kantai Collection (or Kancolle), I'm surprised they're not reviving Mai-HiME/Otome in any way. It's a great time to be an all female series. I'm actually more shocked about Full Metal Panic (more so than  Accel World) making a comeback. Panic was good, but not great. If they can dig the bottom of that barrel, Mai-HiME/Otome has a great chance at revival.

Well this year could finally be the year Luu? I mean this year shows a ton of opportunity for the Mai-franchise make it's return. Sunrise does care about their previous IP's like Zegapain 10 year anniversary announced for AnimeJapan this year,will a new Mai-HiME series also get an announcement too?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-31/zegapain-anime-site-updates-with-new-image/.78240

http://desustorage.org/a/thread/135470457/#135470457

Well during the holiday season,Sunrise surprised us with new Mai-HiME merchandise and possible more on the way. Big question is will it lead to new Mai-series this year?  HiME

http://www.carddass.com/crusade/item/sc23th.html

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:58 pm

Highman wrote:Well this year could finally be the year Luu? I mean this year shows a ton of opportunity for the Mai-franchise make it's return. Sunrise does care about their previous IP's like Zegapain 10 year anniversary announced for AnimeJapan this year,will a new Mai-HiME series also get an announcement too?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-31/zegapain-anime-site-updates-with-new-image/.78240

http://desustorage.org/a/thread/135470457/#135470457

Well during the holiday season,Sunrise surprised us with new Mai-HiME merchandise and possible more on the way. Big question is will it lead to new Mai-series this year?  HiME

http://www.carddass.com/crusade/item/sc23th.html

I do like the attention they give Mai-HiME for their Carddass releases. Mai, Mikoto and Natsuki have a more "2010s" look to them on the Christmas shot. Crisper than they did in 2004-5, which is saying a lot. I appreciate digging up Mai-HiME for smaller promotions, though I expect something bigger than that. I still say something will happen around the time FUNimation releases Mai-HiME/Otome on Blu-Ray. Assuming they have the same mindset Viz Media had with Sailor Moon; biding their time until they had several announcements and releases ready to go.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:38 am

I would like to remain optimistic when it comes to Mai Hime franchise although it only seems that Sunrise doesn't appear to be interested.

I wonder if Funimation could redub the series, not that the old dub was but it doesn't make me cringe sometimes.
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:06 pm

GAP wrote:I would like to remain optimistic when it comes to Mai Hime franchise although it only seems that Sunrise doesn't appear to be interested.

I wonder if Funimation could redub the series, not that the old dub was but it doesn't make me cringe sometimes.

No G,Sunrise does care about older series when merchandise can still profit that much.Mai-franchise still has a chance.I think it's has a purpose to challenge their rival Toei with Sailor Moon Crystal leading up to DVD/Blu-ray sales in Japan. They are interested with the Mai-franchise,If the sales are good with merchandise then there's something look up to for this year ahead.

For Funi,they are having the worst year coming out 2015 and the new year might show something much worse but that's another topic we can discuss. Onto the redub part Funi can pay for the old dub no doubt about it but there's one problem is that when new Mai-series and when Funi will simulcast the cast the English dub,will they ask or bring Carol Anne Daye to reprise her role as Mai Tokiha and others to voice as Texan or California VA based actors. Because we know Miss Daye has actual talent.
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:57 pm

I'm not sure about a new dub. That's up to FUNimation at this point, but they're not known for redubbing anything beyond Dragon Ball Z. Because that's what we need, redubbing of mediocrity and not art.

facepalm

I'd sell my kidneys to hear Laura Bailey voice Natsuki, Shizuru or even Nao.

I do agree with Highman that Carol should be the only one to reprise her role as Mai Tokiha. She was great.

Also Highman, you forget that Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome had just as much merchandise, if not more than a popular series like Madoka Magica. Go to the merchandise gallery at ShizNat Webs and count the North American goods for yourself:

ShizNat Webs: Mai-HiME/Otome Merchandise

Outweighs Madoka and just about equals Great Eastern Sailor Moon
merchandise (so far, mind you) FUNimation *should* be aware of this and give the series respectable royalties. As long as I get the best picture quality and all OVAs included in the Blu-Ray sets, I'll be happy.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:43 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I'm not sure about a new dub. That's up to FUNimation at this point, but they're not known for redubbing anything beyond Dragon Ball Z. Because that's what we need, redubbing of mediocrity and not art.

facepalm

I'd sell my kidneys to hear Laura Bailey voice Natsuki, Shizuru or even Nao.

I do agree with Highman that Carol should be the only one to reprise her role as Mai Tokiha. She was great.

Also Highman, you forget that Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome had just as much merchandise, if not more than a popular series like Madoka Magica. Go to the merchandise gallery at ShizNat Webs and count the North American goods for yourself:

ShizNat Webs: Mai-HiME/Otome Merchandise

Outweighs Madoka and just about equals Great Eastern Sailor Moon
merchandise (so far, mind you) FUNimation *should* be aware of this and give the series respectable royalties. As long as I get the best picture quality and all OVAs included in the Blu-Ray sets, I'll be happy.

I don't know Mai HiME will ever regain much popularity in merchandising with all other anime titles taking over this year.The merchandise would do good while Sunrise prepares to announce a new Mai-HiME series soon overall it won't hold with the Japanese unless Sunrise pulls out all the stops.

Sunrise has a reason to bring back the Mai-franchise to challenge against Sailor Moon Crystal for those DVD/Blu-ray sales. If Madoka get's a new project announced,well prepare yourself for a huge dogfight in 2016.

I do expect Sunrise to push a ton of merchandise with the Mai-franchise in 2016 until they announce a new Mai-series.
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:30 pm

Highman wrote:
Sunrise has a reason to bring back the Mai-franchise to challenge against Sailor Moon Crystal for those DVD/Blu-ray sales. If Madoka get's a new project announced,well prepare yourself for a huge dogfight in 2016.

I do expect Sunrise to push a ton of merchandise with the Mai-franchise in 2016 until they announce a new Mai-series.

Madoka does have a new project coming up that may or may not take place after the impressive Rebellion. In any event, Mai-HiME/Otome's future is those Blu-Ray releases from FUNimation. We can determine the franchise's future by how well FUNi handles the video/digital release. If they're copies of the restored Blu-Ray from Japan, including all the short OVAs that were missing from Bandai's DVDs, then they're doing things right. If the sets are just lazy repackaged Bandai Entertainment releases, then probably not.

Screw the dogfight nonsense. This is a great time for super powered females with Mai-HiME/Otome being released again, Sailor Moon Crystal season 3 and a new Madoka film. So while dotted eyed Goku and Beerus have stiff, recycled punch frame fights; HiME/Otome, Moon and Madoka will tear the house down with phenomenal stories and overall content.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:

Madoka does have a new project coming up that may or may not take place after the impressive Rebellion. In any event, Mai-HiME/Otome's future is those Blu-Ray releases from FUNimation. We can determine the franchise's future by how well FUNi handles the video/digital release. If they're copies of the restored Blu-Ray from Japan, including all the short OVAs that were missing from Bandai's DVDs, then they're doing things right. If the sets are just lazy repackaged Bandai Entertainment releases, then probably not.

Screw the dogfight nonsense. This is a great time for super powered females with Mai-HiME/Otome being released again, Sailor Moon Crystal season 3 and a new Madoka film. So while dotted eyed Goku and Beerus have stiff, recycled punch frame fights; HiME/Otome, Moon and Madoka will tear the house down with phenomenal stories and overall content.

Well the best appropriate term I should say is "bragging rights" instead of dogfights for Blu-ray/dvd releases.Popularity will play a huge role restoring the Mai-franchise,as long as Sunrise really gives a hoot and as long we don't come cross traffic LoveLive fans since Sunshine anime announced this summer.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-11/love-live-sunshine-idol-project-gets-tv-anime-this-summer/.97449

Right now we have Accel World s2,Love Live:SunShine and new Mai-HiME series slated for 2016?

Luu,Sunrise decides Mai-franchise fate with new releases and blu-ray/dvd's.Funi the licensor,but Sunrise give's the final word overall. Whenever Sunrise finally announces a new Mai series then Funi will get the notice.
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:34 pm

I admire your optimism and I hope Mai Hime gets the recognition that it deserves.
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:44 pm

The Mai-HiME story-line is nothing less than fascinating to me. It combined a lot of action and even some slice of life in it, which gave the series a fine variety of setting. The more deeper concepts are also great, such as the elements of love and power that are expressed through/between many of the characters. The love Mai had for Takumi also, in that she wanted to be
Spoiler:
the last surviving HiME in order to wish back her brother to life again was strong

Mai-HiME's story never grows repetitive. It's true that something can be learned or embraced from it every time. And there are always moments in it that bring back either some good or sad memories or just brings out some type of emotion from the inside.
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 401
Armitage GUTS!!! : 55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akamanto on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:48 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:At it's core though, Mai-HiME was about the characters. How they felt, their emotions towards each other, the hardships they had to overcome, etc. A lot of it had to do with love and love is always the most powerful human emotion on Earth. Just ask Mai Tokiha and Natsuki Kuga, they dealt with it the most during their respective stories.
Honestly, this is the crux of why Mai-HiME has stuck with me this long. Yeah, the setting was fresh, and the reimagining of the magical girl genre was great, but it was the fact that the cast was so strong that kept it with me.

I mean, they all managed to be fundamentally likeable despite being flawed in significant ways, and they were even fleshed out enough to be unique without being exaggerated caricatures. It was a really great achievement. o(>ω<)o They developed along different paths in Otome and still retained what made them them, and it was nice to see a reversal of the usual "take something light and fluffy and make it grimdark" trend. Here, the characters that suffered in HiME managed to live without that, and you got to see a whole new dimension to them because of it.

Not to mention the debates and alternative takes on the characters within the fandom at that time made everything seem fresh and exciting, since the cast was so distinct that you could always recognise them, and, since everything about them was shown to rather than dictated to the viewer, you could get a million different interpretations and still see them all as valid (well, unless you wanted to change everything about them, obviously (⇀ 3 ↼);; ).

I first watched Mai-HiME when I was around 13/14, and it kinda revolutionised the way I viewed fictional narratives. I realised that something wholly character-driven sticks with you more than an abstract plot. If you don't have that connection to the agents acting it out, that ability to see them and their reactions as believable, everything will seem hollow and meaningless, like you're reading a wikipedia rather than listening to a story.

Hopefully we'll get some kind of legacy nod towards the Mai franchise. I was musing to my friend that a video game like NieR:Automata with a FromSoft-type atmosphere where you fight some renditions of Childs/Orphans as Otome or something would be really cool...

I'd like to see more stuff about the characters transposed into different settings, too, to learn more about them through that. Or a sequel of them ~10 years down the line, with a uniting force bringing them back together and the viewer getting flashbacks of what happened inbetween. Kinda like Stephen King's "It".

I'm just not sure it'd be the same without the original voice cast or the original Mai production team. I don't want to experience something new, only for it to get it completely wrong. (╥ω╥) But, then again, the manga was also kinda bad in a lot of ways, and that PS2 dating sim game wasn't great either.

Maybe it'd turn out okay, after all. Although no Nakahara Mai, no Chiba Saeko, no Shindou Naomi, Nanri Yuuka, Shimizu Ai, etc. would suck.
Akamanto
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 117
Armitage GUTS!!! : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed May 03, 2017 10:58 pm

o(>ω<)o  Akamanto...you GOT it! You understand this series from an emotional perspective, which is the most important element one can possibly take away from it. Same applies to Mai-Otome; a series that was dismissed at first. Once revisited, everyone realized how great it really was. Here's the dirty little secret...most of the members are here (past and present) are bigger Mai-Otome fans. And it goes beyond just loving the doubling down on yuri. XD

Akamanto wrote:
I'm just not sure it'd be the same without the original voice cast or the original Mai production team. I don't want to experience something new, only for it to get it completely wrong. (╥ω╥) But, then again, the manga was also kinda bad in a lot of ways, and that PS2 dating sim game wasn't great either.

Maybe it'd turn out okay, after all. Although no Nakahara Mai, no Chiba Saeko, no Shindou Naomi, Nanri Yuuka, Shimizu Ai, etc. would suck.

Mai-HiME: Unmei no Keitōju and the Mai-HiME manga had their strengths. I can say without prejudice that they were, indeed, vastly superior in terms of aesthetics. But at the end of the day, the artwork should be the least of the audience's concerns. That's just icing on the cake. Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome were top form in anime, and audio drama CD form. Characters, story, emotion, soundtrack (YUKI KAJIURA!!!!!!!!!!!), pacing, structure...the anime is where it's at.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Akamanto on Thu May 04, 2017 12:08 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:o(>ω<)o  Akamanto...you GOT it! You understand this series from an emotional perspective, which is the most important element one can possibly take away from it. Same applies to Mai-Otome; a series that was dismissed at first. Once revisited, everyone realized how great it really was. Here's the dirty little secret...most of the members are here (past and present) are bigger Mai-Otome fans. And it goes beyond just loving the doubling down on yuri. XD
I'm relieved my rambling made at least some sense. ( ´ ∀ `)ノ

I really love Otome, too; it's nice to see that the fan consensus is positive! (°v°#) The new characters were fun, and although they didn't quite grab my imagination the same way their predecessors did, that's a pretty tall order to ask for. Besides, the old cast were just as great as more mature secondary characters, too. It was fun to see them interact with new people with new interpersonal dynamics. The changed setting freshened things up in a way that worked well.

Otome was the first time I thought, "wow, this cast can work anywhere, can't it?". And it had some interesting lore of its own, too. ...And I'm definitely not gonna complain about Shizuru and Natsuki essentially being a married couple in it, either. ☆ ~('▽^人)

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Mai-HiME: Unmei no Keitōju and the Mai-HiME manga had their strengths. I can say without prejudice that they were, indeed, vastly superior in terms of aesthetics. But at the end of the day, the artwork should be the least of the audience's concerns. That's just icing on the cake. Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome were top form in anime, and audio drama CD form. Characters, story, emotion, soundtrack (YUKI KAJIURA!!!!!!!!!!!), pacing, structure...the anime is where it's at.
That's true. They weren't categorically bad, so I did them a little bit of a disservice. If I didn't have the anime to compare either of them to, I'd probably like them more.

Narrative-wise, I wasn't too keen on what they did with key characters in the manga (especially Natsuki), even if I did like some other directions it took (Alyssa). And, while I prefer how the anime looks, the manga had a "nicer" style. I noticed it when I read Seikon no Qwaser, as well. That was a weird series, but... I did like the art. (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄);;;

I think the game probably came out as an average overall for me. (ˇヘˇ)ゞ The core concept wasn't something I was fond of, which is more of a personal thing - I find it harder to enjoy stories when they're told via a dating sim-type format, since it tends to overfocus on the MC instead of the whole cast, and limits the kind of development you can get.

I did enjoy seeing the alternate take on the Childs and HiME, though, and it also had a couple of nice music tracks, even if none of them managed to be Kajiura-tier. I don't feel strongly about the art, except for the great visuals on the summoning sequences.

KAJIURA!!! is right, though! This was the anime that actually got me into her work, and from Kajiura into FictionJunction and Kalafina. I hadn't really heard vocals used in the same way that Kajiura used them before Mai-HiME, so it was exciting. (☆°ロ°☆).。o♡

Last edited by Akamanto on Thu May 04, 2017 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification!)
Akamanto
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Fri May 05, 2017 5:07 pm

Agree completely with the points made above about the series being character-driven. One of the first things that struck me when watching the early episodes of Mai-HiME was that Fuuka Academy seemed like a fun place to go to school. The characters really did stand out.

Also agree with Mai-Otome giving characters who, for whatever reason, had a shortcoming of some description, being redeemed in their "future self" - witness Yukino emerging from Haruka's not-inconsiderable shadow to become a stateswoman of courage & conviction (that scene where she calmly walks to the hijacked bus in episode 2 of Zwei impresses me to this very day).

Notwithstanding the story being character-driven, I still find the plot intriguing. Plus, throughout the franchise, there are so many hints and talking points. Hence why we're still talking about it so many years later! Happy
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 889
Armitage GUTS!!! : 94

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akamanto on Thu May 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Break String SpinElf wrote:Agree completely with the points made above about the series being character-driven. One of the first things that struck me when watching the early episodes of Mai-HiME was that Fuuka Academy seemed like a fun place to go to school. The characters really did stand out.
Yeah! Definitely! Everyone talked about wanting to go to Hogwarts as a kid (and I guess I did as well, in a way), but I thought Fuka sounded better when I was 14 and I first watched it. And, y'know... Before episode 16, having a CHILD sounded like the coolest thing ever. ヽ(>∀<☆)ノ

I was talking about it to another one of my friends who also just finished watching it, and I was thinking about what exactly it is about the Mai-HiME cast that makes me care about them so much. And I think, fundamentally, it's because they all care about each other so much. It's nice to see a cast of characters who, despite being pushed to extremes (some moreso than others, due to coping mechanisms and character flaws) by their circumstances, still are all fundamentally good people. It makes it all the more tragic to know that these people want to care about each other and want to reach out, but, for whatever reason, find themselves incapable of doing so.

o(TヘTo) Let them be happy!

The fact that so many of the issues stem from the cast caring about each other is so refreshing, too! I'm used to everyone hating each other at the drop of a hat, so to have, say... Takumi confess that he feels a little smothered by Mai, and that he worries about her not focusing on living her own life and it makes him feel guilty, to the point of wondering if his death will let her move on and live for herself...

It'd be so easy to turn that into hatred and resentment, on Mai's or Takumi's side. Yet, the show takes a more nuanced approach: Takumi is only guilty because he loves Mai so much, and is still demonstrably appreciative of all the work she has been and is putting in to support him; then, while Mai is hurt by Takumi's words, and has the onset of panic that she can't use him as an emotional crutch to avoid focusing on her own life anymore, she's concerned that she's made him feel this way, rather than blaming him for being ungrateful.

I dunno. The fact that everyone is likeable and that their issues with each other are approached realistically rather than overblown for drama makes me feel for them more strongly when things go south. You know these people love each other, but things are going wrong anyway, against their best efforts to keep things afloat. [ ± _ ± ]

Hell, Nao is a great example. She's definitely playing the role of an antagonist, but she isn't lashing out because she's a bad person: it's because she feels betrayed by people she's starting to care about, and she's coping with years of bitterness and isolation that's left her struggling to believe in the ability to trust someone else. She's reacting so strongly because she'd started to think she was welcome, only for her to think they've all turned on her without a reason.

The lyrics to her character song are pretty clear that she's just a lonely 14-year old girl, jealous of others' abilities to care for each other, and wants someone to reach out and include her. The part where she calls out for her mother after Shizuru kills Julia... o(〒﹏〒)o

Break String SpinElf wrote:Also agree with Mai-Otome giving characters who, for whatever reason, had a shortcoming of some description, being redeemed in their "future self" - witness Yukino emerging from Haruka's not-inconsiderable shadow to become a stateswoman of courage & conviction (that scene where she calmly walks to the hijacked bus in episode 2 of Zwei impresses me to this very day).
Yeah, absolutely! When I saw that she was an extremely persuasive politician in Otome, it made perfect sense to me. She's a little shy in HiME, but you can see when Yukino starts shouting to defend Haruka and those 3 students are scared of her (and when she challenges Shizuru!) that she can easily develop the kind of backbone needed to stand up for herself, her country, and her beliefs. It's a very believable career choice for her.

Break String SpinElf wrote:Notwithstanding the story being character-driven, I still find the plot intriguing. Plus, throughout the franchise, there are so many hints and talking points. Hence why we're still talking about it so many years later! Happy
For sure! The setting was fascinating to me, with the concept of CHILDs and HiME and a mysterious Battle Royale of mythological and historical figures, and Reito being a kind of Byronic hero figure...

Honestly, I do wish more time had been spent on some of the lore, although I definitely don't want to sacrifice any of the screentime that the characters had, either. (◉Θ◉);;; Some of the aspects from the game were interesting, too, like the CHILDs pursuing their HiME's most precious person if the HiME dies. "We'll be together in death", I guess.

Kinda wrote another essay here, huh... (←_←)三(→_→)
Akamanto
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMikoto on Fri May 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I always thought the Concept behind the title (Mai-HiME) was to snuggle into Mai's breasts? *Confused look* *Blinks*

Maybe I should keep my focuses elsewhere. :r

frustrated
ShadowMikoto
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 401
Armitage GUTS!!! : 55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Sat May 20, 2017 2:58 pm

Akamanto wrote:I was talking about it to another one of my friends who also just finished watching it, and I was thinking about what exactly it is about the Mai-HiME cast that makes me care about them so much. And I think, fundamentally, it's because they all care about each other so much. It's nice to see a cast of characters who, despite being pushed to extremes (some moreso than others, due to coping mechanisms and character flaws) by their circumstances, still are all fundamentally good people. It makes it all the more tragic to know that these people want to care about each other and want to reach out, but, for whatever reason, find themselves incapable of doing so.

I dunno. The fact that everyone is likeable and that their issues with each other are approached realistically rather than overblown for drama makes me feel for them more strongly when things go south. You know these people love each other, but things are going wrong anyway, against their best efforts to keep things afloat. [ ± _ ± ]
Yes! In fact, I'd say that the interactions between the characters, as much as the characters themselves, are, fundamentally, believable. And, being thrust into such a bizarre set of circumstances, the unravelling we see adds to that. The flaws are as vital a part of each character as their strengths.

Have to say, though, fair play to the writers. It could easily have been the case that the overall plot might have suffered slightly by being slightly sidelined by the character development, but this isn't the case. The way everything is woven together is just... *squee*

Akamanto wrote:Hell, Nao is a great example. She's definitely playing the role of an antagonist, but she isn't lashing out because she's a bad person: it's because she feels betrayed by people she's starting to care about, and she's coping with years of bitterness and isolation that's left her struggling to believe in the ability to trust someone else. She's reacting so strongly because she'd started to think she was welcome, only for her to think they've all turned on her without a reason.

The lyrics to her character song are pretty clear that she's just a lonely 14-year old girl, jealous of others' abilities to care for each other, and wants someone to reach out and include her. The part where she calls out for her mother after Shizuru kills Julia... o(〒﹏〒)o
Yeah, Nao is a great example. Plus her hostile attitude to other characters, which, as you've very neatly pointed out, is a defence mechanism, pre-empting what she perceives as the inevitable rejection. Such a defence is pretty common, especially among teenagers but also covering a wider age group. In fact, the way her body language is portrayed, like her preference for being side on to the rest of the group when the HiME are gathered, arms folded, is pretty accurate in my experience and very well-observed.

Akamanto wrote:Yeah, absolutely! When I saw that she was an extremely persuasive politician in Otome, it made perfect sense to me. She's a little shy in HiME, but you can see when Yukino starts shouting to defend Haruka and those 3 students are scared of her (and when she challenges Shizuru!) that she can easily develop the kind of backbone needed to stand up for herself, her country, and her beliefs. It's a very believable career choice for her.
Very, very true, and I think this shows up differently in each of the different settings throughout the franchise. Another example of a HiME character reaching her potential in the form of her Otome counterpart is Midori, the self-styled leader of the HiME Rangers (who is hamstrung by her failure to realise that hunting ORPHANs is just the started rather than the main course so to speak), who emerges as the Aswad chief who finally reaches a settlement with the other powers and helps bring an end to her people's curse. The more I watch Otome, the more Aswad Midori impresses me in this respect.

Akamanto wrote:For sure! The setting was fascinating to me, with the concept of CHILDs and HiME and a mysterious Battle Royale of mythological and historical figures...
Me too. I enjoyed the bit at the end of the final episode of the fansub in which a brief outline was given for the origin of each CHILD, which introduced me to a few I didn't know. The way these prototypes and the mythology/history around them influenced the depiction in the story was also pretty well done (Natsuki in the bell during her battle with Shizuru being an example).

Akamanto wrote:... and Reito being a kind of Byronic hero figure...
YES! I describe him in the exact same way! His "Byronic" side is explored in more detail in the EXA manga which was one of the things about that which impressed me the most.

Akamanto wrote:Honestly, I do wish more time had been spent on some of the lore, although I definitely don't want to sacrifice any of the screentime that the characters had, either. (◉Θ◉);;;
That's a fair point and I'm sure quite a lot of the doughty burgesses of this esteemed Forum would agree - though, of course, the circumspect way it was depicted, particularly in Otome (what with the War of Twelve Kingdoms and Dragon King War etc) gives fans a lot of scope for speculation.

Akamanto wrote:Some of the aspects from the game were interesting, too, like the CHILDs pursuing their HiME's most precious person if the HiME dies. "We'll be together in death", I guess.
I haven't played the game but have read some synopses etc. That's certainly an interesting take on it, a bit like the Shinigami eventually being the inevitable doom of the owner of a Death Note after a fashion.

ShadowMikoto wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I always thought the Concept behind the title (Mai-HiME) was to snuggle into Mai's breasts? *Confused look* *Blinks*
ShadowMikoto is certainly an apt handle in your case! Razz
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akamanto on Sun May 28, 2017 11:29 am

ShadowMikoto wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I always thought the Concept behind the title (Mai-HiME) was to snuggle into Mai's breasts? *Confused look* *Blinks*
If that's the case, I betrayed the storyline concept of Mai-HiME by focusing entirely too much on Natsuki. It's not my fault she spends so much time in skin-tight biking leathers; of course I'd be distracted. (•́o•̀);;

Break String SpinElf wrote:Yes! In fact, I'd say that the interactions between the characters, as much as the characters themselves, are, fundamentally, believable. And, being thrust into such a bizarre set of circumstances, the unravelling we see adds to that. The flaws are as vital a part of each character as their strengths.
Damn right. (✧ω✧) Mai-HiME overall reminds me of a gothic novel fused with some of the more tragic elements of classic myth. Like, Fuka/Fuuka reminds me of the secretive and mysterious mansion setting, and the fact that the young cast are being manipulated through the mounting pressure exemplifying their existing flaws rather than through simple blackmail or force. Then you have the backdrop of the mythological aspects of the CHILDs and the links to Izanami and Izanagi...

I dunno! ╮( ˘ 、 ˘ )╭ It's just a whole bunch of stuff I really like.

Break String SpinElf wrote:The more I watch Otome, the more Aswad Midori impresses me in this respect.
And she has the benefit of looking incredibly cool. It's shallow, but, although I vastly prefer the writing of the HiMEverse, the aesthetic of the Otomeverse stokes the flames of my fantasy-loving heart. Everyone in those cool coats and cloaks and all the awesome castles... (*♡∀♡)

Break String SpinElf wrote:Me too. I enjoyed the bit at the end of the final episode of the fansub in which a brief outline was given for the origin of each CHILD, which introduced me to a few I didn't know.
Yeah! I already knew some, but the thoughts behind others--especially Hari, and with Diana being apparently inspired by Anne of Green Gables instead of the Roman Goddess (especially since her rough counterpart, Artemis, already existed as Alyssa's CHILD)--were pretty dang interesting.

I wish there were some kind of design works book about this from the designers... The closest thing I can find is this, which is just an artbook of designs from a guy who designed some of the CHILDs and ORPHANs.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but it doesn't seem like it. (μ_μ)

Break String SpinElf wrote:YES! I describe him in the exact same way! His "Byronic" side is explored in more detail in the EXA manga which was one of the things about that which impressed me the most.
Right? And it fits way more with the pseudo-Gothic setting, too! Part of me wishes it was an OVA like Zwei instead of a manga, since I find manga pacing a little weird in general (with very few exceptions), but I still liked what it brought to the table, tonally.

Break String SpinElf wrote:That's a fair point and I'm sure quite a lot of the doughty burgesses of this esteemed Forum would agree - though, of course, the circumspect way it was depicted, particularly in Otome (what with the War of Twelve Kingdoms and Dragon King War etc) gives fans a lot of scope for speculation.
Aye, true. And I do always say that I dislike it when fantasy focuses on writing a wikipedia page instead of writing a story, too. If you focus too much on the lore, you run the risk of losing out on a lot of heart, because the characters aren't as well-established.

Plus, in HiME especially, the plot only exists insofar as what it says about the characters. It's not a traditional plot in that sense: more of a "let's stick these kids in a blender of feelings and see what comes out".

Break String SpinElf wrote:I haven't played the game but have read some synopses etc. That's certainly an interesting take on it, a bit like the Shinigami eventually being the inevitable doom of the owner of a Death Note after a fashion.
I played it a few years ago, but my brother recently found a torrent for the PC version for me (which I was convinced didn't exist, but there you go).

I was thinking of trying to make a translation patch for it, but... I have 0 technical skill. So maybe I'll stick to a script, or something. ☆⌒(ゝ。∂)
Akamanto
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Sun May 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Akamanto wrote:
If that's the case, I betrayed the storyline concept of Mai-HiME by focusing entirely too much on Natsuki. It's not my fault she spends so much time in skin-tight biking leathers; of course I'd be distracted. (•́o•̀);;
Oh we either have a bubuzuke woman or a Kendo Club captain in the house! devious

Akamanto wrote:Mai-HiME overall reminds me of a gothic novel fused with some of the more tragic elements of classic myth. Like, Fuka/Fuuka reminds me of the secretive and mysterious mansion setting, and the fact that the young cast are being manipulated through the mounting pressure exemplifying their existing flaws rather than through simple blackmail or force. Then you have the backdrop of the mythological aspects of the CHILDs and the links to Izanami and Izanagi...
Interesting characterisation. There is definitely a strong gothic undertone, what with Fuka as you say, but perhaps emphasised more by Reito's "family mansion" where he takes Mai towards the end of the series when the Obsidian Lord within him is awakened. Shiho too, what with her astral projection, seems to have access to supernatural abilities beyond those granted by whatever force exists behind the Highly-Advanced Materialising Equipment.

Alongside this, there's the increasing claustrophobia as the island the Academy is apparently located on becomes more & more isolated (first the ferry, then the bridge), along with the looming HiME Star getting ever & ever closer.

I can see the analogy with mythological tragedy too, particularly once the true purpose of the HiME Carnival is revealed. The whole idea of the inescapable web of fate and desperate attempts to preserve the life of one's loved ones, as well as how each of the character's story plays out, highlighting their strengths and flaws, misunderstandings and increasing tensions between them.

I know a lot of people found the ending a cop-out but, personally, I found it awesome. Here we have the heroine (with help from the likes of Miyu and, of course, "Mashiro") actually having the temerity to take on fate and win, overcoming the entire HiME Carnival system and undoing the grizzly effects of the Carnival. After all, the Odyssey doesn't automatically suck because Odysseus returns to Ithaca towards the end.

The Izanami/Izanagi theme is one of the most interesting aspects too. Certainly, there are at least three "Mashiros" and three Nagis throughout HiME & Otome and the connection between these two manifest a kind of opposition in equilibrium throughout. Beyond that, of course, there's the Land of Fuka, functioning as a subterranean "Hades" or, more appropriately, "Yomi," and its Otome counterpart Black Valley/"Black Garderobe." The invocation of these two primordial deities also highlights the crucial nature of Kagutsuchi and his user throughout the history of the Carnival. Certainly, with this in mind, it's interesting that the first episode starts with the heroine aboard a boat...

Sorry, I could blather on all day about "liminal" realms and underworlds and the like.

Akamanto wrote:I dunno! ╮( ˘ 、 ˘ )╭ It's just a whole bunch of stuff I really like.
Seconded!

Akamanto wrote:[A]lthough I vastly prefer the writing of the HiMEverse, the aesthetic of the Otomeverse stokes the flames of my fantasy-loving heart. Everyone in those cool coats and cloaks and all the awesome castles... (*♡∀♡)
One of my favourite parts of Otome is the development of different national cultures on Earl, some transparent (such as Florince, the 'verse's "space France"), others... er, somewhat less so, such as Chaldea, taking its name from an ancient Mesopotamian tribal grouping, with a tripartite kingship with many rulers called Argos (Greek), a national fashion which includes headdresses similar to the capirotes of Holy Week in Spain (iirc), combined with Romanesque architecture.

Overall, throughout both series, there's a real attention to detail which imbues the settings with a certain feel of realism and "believability," alongside the strong, character-led story.

Akamanto wrote:Yeah! I already knew some, but the thoughts behind others--especially Hari, and with Diana being apparently inspired by Anne of Green Gables instead of the Roman Goddess (especially since her rough counterpart, Artemis, already existed as Alyssa's CHILD)--were pretty dang interesting.
... and the development of the concept of Artemis in Sifr too, particularly as Lena can be understood in some respects as the ultimate fulfillment of the Searrs Foundation's efforts in Mai-HiME.

But, yeah, the scope of influences from history, folklore & mythology is impressive.

Akamanto wrote:Right? And it fits way more with the pseudo-Gothic setting, too! Part of me wishes it was an OVA like Zwei instead of a manga, since I find manga pacing a little weird in general (with very few exceptions), but I still liked what it brought to the table, tonally.
Very much so. It'd have made a brilliant OVA, a[n] "[even] darker & edgier" counterpart to the main series.

I really enjoyed the greater focus on Reito's perspective of being the vessel for a powerful otherworldly entity, eventually overwhelming him and his own feelings for Mai. Obviously, it was perfectly justified leaving this exploration out of the anime, as it would likely just have added clutter, when the last knockings of that series were more about Mikoto's relationship with Mai.

Akamanto wrote:
Break String SpinElf wrote:I haven't played the game but have read some synopses etc. That's certainly an interesting take on it, a bit like the Shinigami eventually being the inevitable doom of the owner of a Death Note after a fashion.
I played it a few years ago, but my brother recently found a torrent for the PC version for me (which I was convinced didn't exist, but there you go).

I was thinking of trying to make a translation patch for it, but... I have 0 technical skill. So maybe I'll stick to a script, or something. ☆⌒(ゝ。∂)
That'd certainly be worthwhile for a lot of fans who don't read Japanese.
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akamanto on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Break String SpinElf wrote:Oh we either have a bubuzuke woman or a Kendo Club captain in the house! devious
Don't say it so loud! What if she hears? (º □ º l|l)︴

Break String SpinElf wrote:Alongside this, there's the increasing claustrophobia as the island the Academy is apparently located on becomes more & more isolated (first the ferry, then the bridge), along with the looming HiME Star getting ever & ever closer.
That's a pretty good point! I also think there are some very unsettling scenes in HiME--when Nao is perched in Natsuki's apartment, surrounded by men cocooned in spiderwebs; when a shadowed Shizuru is staring down at Nao, flanked by Kiyohime's hissing heads and bright yellow eyes; the ghostly Shiho in her eerily glowing white robe; nearly every appearance of St. Vlas--that would work pretty dang well if they wanted to emphasise the horror aspect of the show.

In a weird way, it reminded me of something kind of Kafkaeqsue mixed with a bit of Lovecraft, in that the characters were slowly going more and more unstable, and they were fighting their own insecurity more than they were fighting any monster.

It's interesting, actually, that things got more difficult for them when the external threats were removed. (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

Break String SpinElf wrote:I know a lot of people found the ending a cop-out but, personally, I found it awesome.
I did, too! Mostly because it sets things up for angsty fanfic to satiate myself post-watch. But, I liked that they were rewarded with a happy ending and overcame all their hardships to come out triumphant. Too many things feel like they need to be 200% depressing to be "realistic" or "taken seriously", and I like that HiME's sadness doesn't feel gratuitous or anything, because there's always that undercurrent of love and trust winning out in the end.

I mean, sure, there could've been more foreshadowing about it and a little more lore, but... Eh. I've already said, I don't care too much about that. It's explained enough for me. ╮(︶▽︶)╭

Break String SpinElf wrote:Sorry, I could blather on all day about "liminal" realms and underworlds and the like.
And I can read about them for just as long.

Break String SpinElf wrote:Overall, throughout both series, there's a real attention to detail which imbues the settings with a certain feel of realism and "believability," alongside the strong, character-led story.
For sure! I liked that it wasn't just the typical "fantasy" setting, either: the Germanic castles of western Medieval Europe in the 800s. I love fantasy, but dang, I'm getting burnt out on that.

I'm also kinda keen on the idea of fantasy-versions of WMDs, for some reason. I loved the way Final Fantasy Type-0 explored that, too, with the eidolons being synonymous with nukes. A pretty flawed game, but had some nice concepts and some great visuals in there.

Break String SpinElf wrote:I really enjoyed the greater focus on Reito's perspective of being the vessel for a powerful otherworldly entity, eventually overwhelming him and his own feelings for Mai. Obviously, it was perfectly justified leaving this exploration out of the anime, as it would likely just have added clutter, when the last knockings of that series were more about Mikoto's relationship with Mai.
Aye. I think having them cover it in the DVD special was enough. I thought Reito was a nice contrast to Shizuru, actually; both of them were similar types of personalities, and both had a hidden dark side that tied into their feelings for someone else. Only, Shizuru was crippled by her self-hatred and driven mad by the HiME star, and Reito was trying to keep the Obsidian Lord at bay despite his history and Nagi's interference.

I'd've loved to see a bit more between Reito and Shizuru, honestly, considering they could easily be parallels. But, hey! ฅ(•ㅅ•❀) Like you said, the centrepiece of the story is Mai and Mikoto, and I loved the show for that. Mai's romantic interests aren't ignored, no, but it's rare you get such a great example of a strong platonic bond between two people being the focus of the narrative.

Break String SpinElf wrote:That'd certainly be worthwhile for a lot of fans who don't read Japanese.
Well, I'll get working on it. Hopefully I can do it justice! (●ᴥ●)

Last edited by Akamanto on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My emoji...)
Akamanto
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf on Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Akamanto wrote:
Break String SpinElf wrote:Oh we either have a bubuzuke woman or a Kendo Club captain in the house! devious
Don't say it so loud! What if she hears? (º □ º l|l)︴
Think Let her hear! Do you think she scares me with these cheap magic tricks? I mean, conjuring a naginata and massive purple hydra from hammerspace? Come on! laugh

Akamanto wrote:In a weird way, it reminded me of something kind of Kafkaeqsue mixed with a bit of Lovecraft, in that the characters were slowly going more and more unstable, and they were fighting their own insecurity more than they were fighting any monster.
Excellent point. There's a mix of Kafka's remote authority figures (First District and the Searrs Foundation's higher-ups come to mind), whilst Lovecraft seems to be a major reference point at other times, with the ancient rituals, strange encounters in forgotten subterranean locales and the descent of a variety of characters into varying degrees of madness.

Plus, the CHILDs, ORPHANs and concept of the Obsidian Lord can be interpreted as pop culture eldritch abominations (i.e. they can be - and are - defeated, as opposed to Lovecraft's existential horrors, the mere thought of which is enough to drive one insane and whose power exceeds that of humanity on a cosmic scale).

Akamanto wrote:It's interesting, actually, that things got more difficult for them when the external threats were removed. (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
Excellent point. That middle section, when the ORPHANs stop manifesting and Searrs make their play, before Nagi reveals the true nature of the HiME Carnival, are some of the most compelling anime I have ever seen.

Akamanto wrote:Too many things feel like they need to be 200% depressing to be "realistic" or "taken seriously", and I like that HiME's sadness doesn't feel gratuitous or anything, because there's always that undercurrent of love and trust winning out in the end.
Yes, yes, YES! I personally cannot stand the notion that "realistic" means depressing. People are well aware that there is a lot of crap going on in the world without fictional media needing to remind us of that fact. The spirit of the show transcends that with, as you say, love and trust winning out and that's the joy of it. That they did it without compromising on the tragic elements (I still find some of the scenes pretty uncomfortable to watch), well, all I can say is more power to Sunrise's collective elbow.

Akamanto wrote:I mean, sure, there could've been more foreshadowing about it and a little more lore, but... Eh. I've already said, I don't care too much about that. It's explained enough for me. ╮(︶▽︶)╭
Indeed. There's enough mystery left to reward repeated viewings - and for fans to discuss on the Mai-Multiverse Forum! Viola

Akamanto wrote:
Break String SpinElf wrote:Sorry, I could blather on all day about "liminal" realms and underworlds and the like.
And I can read about them for just as long.
Methinks you are in a minority of one. really? But thank you. It's good to know I'm not alone in my bizarre obsessions.

Akamanto wrote:For sure! I liked that it wasn't just the typical "fantasy" setting, either: the Germanic castles of western Medieval Europe in the 800s. I love fantasy, but dang, I'm getting burnt out on that.
Yes. The closest we come is Wind Bloom, which shows how they've played around with the concept, given that Wind Bloom is also the most technologically-advanced realm on Earl.

Akamanto wrote:I think having them cover it in the DVD special was enough.
Yeah, in fact pretty much all of the DVD specials added something to the characters. And, in the case of Reito, it was good to see some fanservice for folks who prefer their fanservice male (though that category doesn't include me).

Akamanto wrote:I thought Reito was a nice contrast to Shizuru, actually; both of them were similar types of personalities, and both had a hidden dark side that tied into their feelings for someone else. Only, Shizuru was crippled by her self-hatred and driven mad by the HiME star, and Reito was trying to keep the Obsidian Lord at bay despite his history and Nagi's interference.

I'd've loved to see a bit more between Reito and Shizuru, honestly, considering they could easily be parallels.
Excellent analysis. It would've been great to see them do more than just sitting around and drinking tea in each other's company. Plus, Tate says near the beginning (iirc) that rumour had it that they were a couple (albeit, given that he was talking to Mai, it's more likely that he was trying to steer her away from the dark, handsome and mysterious Veep).

Akamanto wrote:Mai's romantic interests aren't ignored, no, but it's rare you get such a great example of a strong platonic bond between two people being the focus of the narrative.
Absolutely, and, I must add, it was great to see Natsuki given a satisfying (and, of course, much-loved) trajectory of her own in her relationship with the increasingly-decompensated Shizuru.

Akamanto wrote:
Break String SpinElf wrote:That'd certainly be worthwhile for a lot of fans who don't read Japanese.
Well, I'll get working on it. Hopefully I can do it justice! (●ᴥ●)
I'm sure you will. I have faith in you. Happy
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:17 am

It has been awhile since I posted here but if they do continue the series, do you think they would follow the path of the Mai Hime "movie" and expand on he SEARRS foundation and introduce Arika? It won't be a remake but rather a continuation of the series.
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next