Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by clemeh on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:35 pm


Does anyone else find themself fascinated with the concept of mai HiME? storyline and stuff.

just the idea that they are fighting for their loved ones, and how twisted it all gets is amazing. it's so like.. idk inspiring? i always draw and stuff and just imagine it because its so intense and makes you think so much.

and obviously the amazing quotes:
"if it's for the one i love (natsuki), i'll do anything" (i think this is from otome though)
"the source of power is affection"

etc. but yeah

whats your thoughts on storyline?

clemeh
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Posts : 7
Bubuzuke points : 19
Armitage GUTS!!! : 6
Join date : 2012-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Clemeh, it's a visual wonder with characters and stories we can relate to. Mai-HiME is truly the total package in so many ways. The whole concept for the Carnival arc, as you pointed out, is very creative. Similar to the tone of Battle Royale and Hunger Games, only better and a lot more original. Even though I adored Hunger Games.

At it's core though, Mai-HiME was about the characters. How they felt, their emotions towards each other, the hardships they had to overcome, etc. A lot of it had to do with love and love is always the most powerful human emotion on Earth. Just ask Mai Tokiha and Natsuki Kuga, they dealt with it the most during their respective stories.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Magus Phantalus on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Ultimately it's about how love redeems. Every one went a bit crazy from Mai attacking Mikoto, to Yukino attacking Mai, to Shizuru bitch slapping anyone she ever fought...

Anyway in the end they are all able to share a laugh on day of forgivness at poor Reito's expense.

But screw that noise! The power of hate shall sustain me ME! Magus Phantalus my hate for the manga of mai otome and mai hime knows no bounds. Hate HATE! mwahahaha!

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 421
Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148
Join date : 2011-11-08
Location : The Endless Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:43 am

Ultimately it's about how love redeems. Every one went a bit crazy from Mai attacking Mikoto, to Yukino attacking Mai, to Shizuru bitch slapping anyone she ever fought...

Yukino was weak, I saw that coming a galaxy away. Mai trying to kill Mikoto in her enraged state was shocking the first time I witnessed it. Mai usually tries to hold back her emotions, even in the roughest of patches. Instead, she just lost all control and I loved it. That's how you tell a story and expose a protagonist's humanity.

mai hime : GRAWR!!!!

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Highman on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Clemeh, it's a visual wonder with characters and stories we can relate to. Mai-HiME is truly the total package in so many ways. The whole concept for the Carnival arc, as you pointed out, is very creative. Similar to the tone of Battle Royale and Hunger Games, only better and a lot more original. Even though I adored Hunger Games.

At it's core though, Mai-HiME was about the characters. How they felt, their emotions towards each other, the hardships they had to overcome, etc. A lot of it had to do with love and love is always the most powerful human emotion on Earth. Just ask Mai Tokiha and Natsuki Kuga, they dealt with it the most during their respective stories.

Read my f'n mind Luu about characters portrayed in Mai HiME and most easiest followed stories back around 2004-05. Kind of wished they done it more on fleshing out HiMEverse till now, mentioning about Yukino being sleazy and surprise attack Mai in Ep. 19 it's not her fault being drastic on taking out Mai. In the opposite it's Mai fault for being an emotional wreck let getting the best out of her.

Love and emotions played a huge role including irrational choices made.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 476
Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Highman wrote:Read my f'n mind Luu about characters portrayed in Mai HiME and most easiest followed stories back around 2004-05. Kind of wished they done it more on fleshing out HiMEverse till now, mentioning about Yukino being sleazy and surprise attack Mai in Ep. 19 it's not her fault being drastic on taking out Mai. In the opposite it's Mai fault for being an emotional wreck let getting the best out of her.

Love and emotions played a huge role including irrational choices made.

That's amazing since the HiMEVerse is so large, there's so much left to explore. Most of the screen time focused on Mai, Mikoto and Natsuki, so seeing the other HiME involved in larger storylines would really benefits a sequel series. Except Fumi, I can't imagine anything involving her to be engaging until they reach the Otome timeline.

Without irrational choices, there wouldn't be much of a storyline. :) Most stories, not all, but most stories have a set up, then we have the heroes at their most vulnerable, then we see the heroes triumph to destroy the evil opposition. It's a simple structure really, it all depends on HOW it's done.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Highman on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:Read my f'n mind Luu about characters portrayed in Mai HiME and most easiest followed stories back around 2004-05. Kind of wished they done it more on fleshing out HiMEverse till now, mentioning about Yukino being sleazy and surprise attack Mai in Ep. 19 it's not her fault being drastic on taking out Mai. In the opposite it's Mai fault for being an emotional wreck let getting the best out of her.

Love and emotions played a huge role including irrational choices made.

That's amazing since the HiMEVerse is so large, there's so much left to explore. Most of the screen time focused on Mai, Mikoto and Natsuki, so seeing the other HiME involved in larger storylines would really benefits a sequel series. Except Fumi, I can't imagine anything involving her to be engaging until they reach the Otome timeline.

Without irrational choices, there wouldn't be much of a storyline. :) Most stories, not all, but most stories have a set up, then we have the heroes at their most vulnerable, then we see the heroes triumph to destroy the evil opposition. It's a simple structure really, it all depends on HOW it's done.

Whoa, Fumi plays a big role into Otome........HA, I pity the dreaded minded fools. Fumi is a professional maid/slash appointed Headmaster of Fuuka Academy (WHY!!) with a IQ 145,highly intellectual knowing of all tea hot/cold doesn't matter and can kill you anyway possible. Once again the HiME's play a value role in saving,losing or destroying what the most to them.

What will this saga benefit is what character portrayed in every difficult situation, Mashiro knew that the HiME's prevail against the OL now their true test begins on restarting a cycle of free will and justice for those face against the HiME's.

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 476
Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:06 am

Highman wrote:Whoa, Fumi plays a big role into Otome........HA, I pity the dreaded minded fools. Fumi is a professional maid/slash appointed Headmaster of Fuuka Academy (WHY!!) with a IQ 145,highly intellectual knowing of all tea hot/cold doesn't matter and can kill you anyway possible. Once again the HiME's play a value role in saving,losing or destroying what the most to them.

What will this saga benefit is what character portrayed in every difficult situation, Mashiro knew that the HiME's prevail against the OL now their true test begins on restarting a cycle of free will and justice for those face against the HiME's.

Haha, I just don't think Fumi importance will kick in until this happens:

http://ltahime.forum-motion.net/t1796-the-opening-exposition-of-mai-otome-0sifr-episode-i

If Sunrise wants to use Fumi properly and not as some bodyguard (come on! She's a HiME! Even someone as lifeless as her deserves a story arc), they can raise the stakes higher for her by putting Mashiro in some kind of danger.

Which is what they did.

Nina Wang The problem is they just tossed her in a battle with Evil Mikoto and that's all we get. There should of been a moment where Fumi is briefly on the run with Mashiro on her back (a naughty thought...). The two exchange dialogue about their histories and how much they mean to one another. This way, we can get to know Fumi as a human being and not the lifeless doll that does Laurence Fishburne shit on Mikoto with a spoon.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Highman on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:Whoa, Fumi plays a big role into Otome........HA, I pity the dreaded minded fools. Fumi is a professional maid/slash appointed Headmaster of Fuuka Academy (WHY!!) with a IQ 145,highly intellectual knowing of all tea hot/cold doesn't matter and can kill you anyway possible. Once again the HiME's play a value role in saving,losing or destroying what the most to them.

What will this saga benefit is what character portrayed in every difficult situation, Mashiro knew that the HiME's prevail against the OL now their true test begins on restarting a cycle of free will and justice for those face against the HiME's.

Haha, I just don't think Fumi importance will kick in until this happens:

http://ltahime.forum-motion.net/t1796-the-opening-exposition-of-mai-otome-0sifr-episode-i

If Sunrise wants to use Fumi properly and not as some bodyguard (come on! She's a HiME! Even someone as lifeless as her deserves a story arc), they can raise the stakes higher for her by putting Mashiro in some kind of danger.

Which is what they did.

Nina Wang The problem is they just tossed her in a battle with Evil Mikoto and that's all we get. There should of been a moment where Fumi is briefly on the run with Mashiro on her back (a naughty thought...). The two exchange dialogue about their histories and how much they mean to one another. This way, we can get to know Fumi as a human being and not the lifeless doll that does Laurence Fishburne shit on Mikoto with a spoon.

Fumi and Mashiro have a huge part in the storyline, for Fumi sake she isn't worse than Akane(forgive me Abicion for blashemy, don't strike or curse me.) or anyone else in being more emotional characters in the franchise.

Characters play a big role to this series and how will it transpire and another big plus Fumi is happy-go inspiration to HiME and Fuuka Academy, remember the academy motto. Fuuka students is for the students, FOR THE STUDENTS.



One more thing, HOW COULD YOU SAY SHE'S LIFELESS!!!! LIFELESS!!! Can you say something more demeaning and deeper Luu

Fumi frowns upon the American Educations system

Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 476
Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:02 pm

It's true, dude. There's nothing I want more than to see Fumi given some importance. I mean, she DOES play a pivotal role in the series, we just never see it explored. There were moments where we needed her to showcase her full abilities. Instead, they're off camera (fight with Midori. Fight with Reito)

The biggest offender of all is seeing glimpses of Fumi's involvement in Mai-Otome. She is the predecessor, right? The entire MO universe practically worships the woman, referring to her as "Lady Fumi". I'd like to see HOW it came to be and WHY that is.

Akane is a different story. She's part of the HiME, so I can understand your frustration. ;p I see Akane as the sacrificial lamb to sell that the SEARRS are bad guys and that Akane's death loosely sets up the whole point of the Carnival arc.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Highman on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:It's true, dude. There's nothing I want more than to see Fumi given some importance. I mean, she DOES play a pivotal role in the series, we just never see it explored. There were moments where we needed her to showcase her full abilities. Instead, they're off camera (fight with Midori. Fight with Reito)

The biggest offender of all is seeing glimpses of Fumi's involvement in Mai-Otome. She is the predecessor, right? The entire MO universe practically worships the woman, referring to her as "Lady Fumi". I'd like to see HOW it came to be and WHY that is.

Akane is a different story. She's part of the HiME, so I can understand your frustration. ;p I see Akane as the sacrificial lamb to sell that the SEARRS are bad guys and that Akane's death loosely sets up the whole point of the Carnival arc.

Eh...mean Kazuya's death or Akane's failures to protect her MIP either way in the next series. She better not become a catalyst to herself or anyone, could see some good drama regarding about herself and relationship with Kazuya.

On the Fumi part, her character and they could do alot of easier and smartful ways in storyline. What's more true being born raised nobility in the land of Fuuka or something more backstory deviant ?


Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 476
Bubuzuke points : 629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113
Join date : 2010-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Highman wrote:Eh...mean Kazuya's death or Akane's failures to protect her MIP either way in the next series. She better not become a catalyst to herself or anyone, could see some good drama regarding about herself and relationship with Kazuya.

On the Fumi part, her character and they could do alot of easier and smartful ways in storyline. What's more true being born raised nobility in the land of Fuuka or something more backstory deviant ?


Not at all, Sunrise isn't that stupid. Akane can't be the sacrificial lamb for the plot anymore. In a sequel series, we'll actually get to see her and Hari in fighting action more often. I loved what I saw during her fight against the Orphans. Tonfas? Tiger/Lion CHILD? Aww yiss.

You're right, that is true on the highest level. Fumi could easily be explored enough to show what her mission is and why she's so attached to Mashiro Kazahana in the first place? There's the idea that Fumi knows about Mashiro's past as a former participant of the Carnival and owner of Kagutsuchi. If she knows that much, why isn't she the one spouting expository dialogue too? There were so many scenes in Mai-HiME where Fumi would stand around and I'd wonder what she was thinking. Like when Midori questioned Mashiro...

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Magus Phantalus on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:47 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:Eh...mean Kazuya's death or Akane's failures to protect her MIP either way in the next series. She better not become a catalyst to herself or anyone, could see some good drama regarding about herself and relationship with Kazuya.

On the Fumi part, her character and they could do alot of easier and smartful ways in storyline. What's more true being born raised nobility in the land of Fuuka or something more backstory deviant ?


Not at all, Sunrise isn't that stupid. Akane can't be the sacrificial lamb for the plot anymore. In a sequel series, we'll actually get to see her and Hari in fighting action more often. I loved what I saw during her fight against the Orphans. Tonfas? Tiger/Lion CHILD? Aww yiss.

You're right, that is true on the highest level. Fumi could easily be explored enough to show what her mission is and why she's so attached to Mashiro Kazahana in the first place? There's the idea that Fumi knows about Mashiro's past as a former participant of the Carnival and owner of Kagutsuchi. If she knows that much, why isn't she the one spouting expository dialogue too? There were so many scenes in Mai-HiME where Fumi would stand around and I'd wonder what she was thinking. Like when Midori questioned Mashiro...

If they ever do continue the My-Hime movie it looks like Shizuru and Nao would be the sacrificial lambs but then again the little trailer was probably made before Shizuru and Nao's popularity became apparent. As it is quite obvious from Shizuru's treatment in other media; Not a Hime(Hime manga), MANshiro's personal c@ck blocker(Otome manga), suicide(dating sim videogame) and killed by Natsuki[again](My Hime EXA) that they obviously thought Shizuru wouldn't be so popular. From what I understand the whole abandoning ones duties even for a loved one and NOT being a class-s lesbian are big no nos in Japan.

For those who don't know class-s lesbians are supposed to grow out of it and get into a "real" relationship. Which is a bunch of bull of course.

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 421
Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148
Join date : 2011-11-08
Location : The Endless Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:If they ever do continue the My-Hime movie it looks like Shizuru and Nao would be the sacrificial lambs but then again the little trailer was probably made before Shizuru and Nao's popularity became apparent. As it is quite obvious from Shizuru's treatment in other media; Not a Hime(Hime manga), MANshiro's personal c@ck blocker(Otome manga), suicide(dating sim videogame) and killed by Natsuki[again](My Hime EXA) that they obviously thought Shizuru wouldn't be so popular. From what I understand the whole abandoning ones duties even for a loved one and NOT being a class-s lesbian are big no nos in Japan.

For those who don't know class-s lesbians are supposed to grow out of it and get into a "real" relationship. Which is a bunch of bull of course.

In Shizuru's case, I'm hoping she was just attacked and knocked out without losing Kiyohime. If Kiyohime was defeated, I can see the sub-plot of the movie being Natsuki's revenge for killing...WAIT! NATSUKI IS SHIZURU'S MIP!

Forever Alone

Joking aside, I don't think Shizuru is out of the game. The Mai-HiME movie could be responsible for one of the most potential action sequences ever. Shizuru AND Natsuki taking on Evil Arika and her crew. Though the one most likely to defeat Arika will be Mai Tokiha and Kagutsuchi.

Nao Yuuki on the other hand is indeed defeated in the trailer. I am not against this decision by Sunrise as we've seen enough of Nao in the anime. More attention should be focused on a HiME who didn't get to see much action in the anime, like Akira, Yukariko and Akane. These three should be the ones given fight sequences with Arika's invading posse. The idea of Yukariko mind raping them with Vlas is a thrill.

Class-S lesbian? You mean grow out of being gay and enter a relationship with a man? Quite typical everywhere, especially Japan. I blame traditional families.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Veronica-Searrs on Tue May 12, 2015 12:05 am

So, I re-watched the series again and now I remember why I loved Mai-HiME so much! I really, really love the story, the characters, the soundtrack and the art... All of them form a harmonic mix of feels, lessons for the life, reflections, love, hate etc.
All of the characters where made with extreme calculation and care, if you look deep down on them. That's why they feel so real and understandable, so you can easily relate to one of them.
Mai, for example, is one of the best human-beings out there. Why? She worked so hard to maintain her peace of mind no matter how hard it was. The pain and the guilty she carried away since a little girl would put almost everyone down. It's inspiring to see her courage and strenght, but also her fears and cries. Like me, she forgot that kindness can be the greatest prize in the world, but kindness when you stop caring about yourself can be worse than any disappointment in your life. When you stop caring about yourself, you'll gradually feel abandoned and with no reason to live. What should I do? What do I want? You'll start to think and think again... By wondering, you'll get one of two things: keep wasting time and not living or realize that you're also important and a beatiful part of this world.
I could just stay here and write a lot about Mai and the other characters, but not now.
I remember very well: I was 13 and really addicted to anime. A friend of mine showed me an AMV with multiple animes and that's how I met Mai-HiME. First step: take the lyrics of the opening to find out the name of the anime; Second step: search for some info; third step: freak out because of ShizNat. I was raised in a very religious family with a homophobic dad, so I refused to watch the anime. I was really interested, but also reluctant. That fact continued to bug me until I gave up and finally watched it. BAM! The show completed changed my life. I learned a lot of things, especially what true love is. Now, I'm open-minded and proud to say that an anime changed my life for the better. Changed to a new understanding of life...
For those and a lot of other reasons, Mai-HiME is one of the best animes out there. A wondeful piece of art.

Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 334
Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172
Join date : 2011-07-18
Age : 19
Location : Raccoon City.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue May 12, 2015 11:34 pm

Veronica-Searrs wrote:So, I re-watched the series again and now I remember why I loved Mai-HiME so much! I really, really love the story, the characters, the soundtrack and the art... All of them form a harmonic mix of feels, lessons for the life, reflections, love, hate etc.
All of the characters where made with extreme calculation and care, if you look deep down on them. That's why they feel so real and understandable, so you can easily relate to one of them.
Mai, for example, is one of the best human-beings out there. Why? She worked so hard to maintain her peace of mind no matter how hard it was. The pain and the guilty she carried away since a little girl would put almost everyone down. It's inspiring to see her courage and strenght, but also her fears and cries. Like me, she forgot that kindness can be the greatest prize in the world, but kindness when you stop caring about yourself can be worse than any disappointment in your life. When you stop caring about yourself, you'll gradually feel abandoned and with no reason to live. What should I do? What do I want? You'll start to think and think again... By wondering, you'll get one of two things: keep wasting time and not living or realize that you're also important and a beatiful part of this world.
I could just stay here and write a lot about Mai and the other characters, but not now.
I remember very well: I was 13 and really addicted to anime. A friend of mine showed me an AMV with multiple animes and that's how I met Mai-HiME. First step: take the lyrics of the opening to find out the name of the anime; Second step: search for some info; third step: freak out because of ShizNat. I was raised in a very religious family with a homophobic dad, so I refused to watch the anime. I was really interested, but also reluctant. That fact continued to bug me until I gave up and finally watched it. BAM! The show completed changed my life. I learned a lot of things, especially what true love is. Now, I'm open-minded and proud to say that an anime changed my life for the better. Changed to a new understanding of life...
For those and a lot of other reasons, Mai-HiME is one of the best animes out there. A wondeful piece of art.

Take a lot of those elements you enjoy, and remember, about Mai-HiME and compare them to newer anime and Tv shows. It's still thought provoking; an almost psychological analysis of all the characters. Nobody in the series is perfect (especially Mai Tokiha, our reluctant protagonist), so the series aged nicely as today's audience loves flawed characters. Though FUNimation hasn't released Mai-HiME/Otome on Blu Ray (yet...), I keep seeing new reviews for Mai-HiME often on places like Amazon and myanimelist and they all believe it was above average. One even agreed with me that it was sort of a precursor to Madoka Magica.

Feel the angst of the Twelve HiME during the Carnival arc. It just sticks to you and gnaws away at your soul. Those little moments like Mikoto getting emotional while eating Evil Fumi's ramen.

Happy : It ain't "Mai" ramen, tho.

EXACTLY. Another example of FEELS within the series.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Veronica-Searrs on Wed May 13, 2015 9:18 pm

For sure. Like I said, if you look deep down not only on the characters, but also the story, you'll see how great they did they job. Too bad it's overlooked  by the majority of anime fans... And those who watch it don't pay much attention to the rich chain of feeling and lessons.
Then I repeat: Mai-HiME is one of the best animes out there. A wondeful piece of art.

Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 334
Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172
Join date : 2011-07-18
Age : 19
Location : Raccoon City.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu May 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Veronica-Searrs wrote:For sure. Like I said, if you look deep down not only on the characters, but also the story, you'll see how great they did they job. Too bad it's overlooked  by the majority of anime fans... And those who watch it don't pay much attention to the rich chain of feeling and lessons.
Then I repeat: Mai-HiME is one of the best animes out there. A wondeful piece of art.

I'm noticing a pattern lately that most anime fans have a comfort zone. They wouldn't give Mai-HiME the time of day anyway, they can only watch and praise what they're used to. It's sad, but because that's them, and not me, my conscience is clear. This series is one of the all time best, including it's distant sequel, Mai-Otome, which manages to be several great fictional and non-fictional stories all rolled into a ball (Star Wars, Marie Antoinette, Superman, etc.).

Mai-HiME is the more grounded of the two, which people tend to gravitate towards more and it's not hard to see why. Thanks for sharing your new perspective on this series, Veronica-Searrs!

mai hime

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Magus Phantalus on Tue May 19, 2015 7:06 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Veronica-Searrs wrote:For sure. Like I said, if you look deep down not only on the characters, but also the story, you'll see how great they did they job. Too bad it's overlooked  by the majority of anime fans... And those who watch it don't pay much attention to the rich chain of feeling and lessons.
Then I repeat: Mai-HiME is one of the best animes out there. A wondeful piece of art.

I'm noticing a pattern lately that most anime fans have a comfort zone. They wouldn't give Mai-HiME the time of day anyway, they can only watch and praise what they're used to. It's sad, but because that's them, and not me, my conscience is clear. This series is one of the all time best, including it's distant sequel, Mai-Otome, which manages to be several great fictional and non-fictional stories all rolled into a ball (Star Wars, Marie Antoinette, Superman, etc.).

Mai-HiME is the more grounded of the two, which people tend to gravitate towards more and it's not hard to see why. Thanks for sharing your new perspective on this series, Veronica-Searrs!

mai hime

It takes a lot to get out of one's comfort zone a lesson I'm learning the hard way but a valuable lesson none-the-less. Still holding out hope for more Hime in the future and of course more shiznat.

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 421
Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148
Join date : 2011-11-08
Location : The Endless Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed May 20, 2015 7:31 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:
It takes a lot to get out of one's comfort zone a lesson I'm learning the hard way but a valuable lesson none-the-less.  Still holding out hope for more Hime in the future and of course more shiznat.

Have you ever heard of Mai-Otome If? It's the last light novel series I never heard of until now. Other than that, we'll just be patient for newer Mai-HiME/Otome media. I'm just anxious to rewatch the entire series on Blu Ray, once FUNimation announces a release date. Should be really soon, their acquired list of anime from the now-dead Bandai Entertainment is getting smaller and smaller.

Krugerfree MY BODY IS READY FOR HIGH DEFINITION MAI-HIME/OTOME!!!!!!!

ShizNat <---- IN 1080p, BITCHES!

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Magus Phantalus on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:51 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Magus Phantalus wrote:
It takes a lot to get out of one's comfort zone a lesson I'm learning the hard way but a valuable lesson none-the-less.  Still holding out hope for more Hime in the future and of course more shiznat.

Have you ever heard of Mai-Otome If? It's the last light novel series I never heard of until now. Other than that, we'll just be patient for newer Mai-HiME/Otome media. I'm just anxious to rewatch the entire series on Blu Ray, once FUNimation announces a release date. Should be really soon, their acquired list of anime from the now-dead Bandai Entertainment is getting smaller and smaller.

Krugerfree MY BODY IS READY FOR HIGH DEFINITION MAI-HIME/OTOME!!!!!!!

ShizNat <---- IN 1080p, BITCHES!

What is this My-Otome if? And does it have shiznat and a distinct lack of MANshiro? And a translation?

As for the bluray stuff... I'm poor and jobless aint got no blu ray player. But if I did or if a ps4 can play blu rays I'll get the series all over again once I get a ps4.

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 421
Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148
Join date : 2011-11-08
Location : The Endless Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:48 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:What is this My-Otome if?  And does it have shiznat and a distinct lack of MANshiro?  And a translation?

'Mai-Otome If': The Lost Light Novel [Discussion]

^ That is My-Otome If. There is indeed ShizNat (sparring in Mixed Martial Arts) and Mashiro is female again. In fact, I believe it's Queen Mashiro again. No translation yet, sadly. But follow the link and interpret the previews yourself.

devious

Magus Phantalus wrote:As for the bluray stuff... I'm poor and jobless aint got no blu ray player.  But if I did or if a ps4 can play blu rays I'll get the series all over again once I get a ps4.

I just got a PS4. It's so worth it! GRANDE CHIE Wait until the series is released and try not to spend any Christmas money so quickly.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Magus Phantalus on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:25 am

Yeah I'm eventually going to get PS4 probably when I get some money coming in. Going to get Dragonball Xenoverse to make a cute Majin girl who I already ship with that cute Saiyin girl, Bloodborne, and Disney Infinity Star Wars edition. As well as the blu ray My-Hime/Otome series obviously.

More on topic I'm going to go see what's up in that other thread.

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 421
Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148
Join date : 2011-11-08
Location : The Endless Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:49 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Yeah I'm eventually going to get PS4 probably when I get some money coming in.  Going to get Dragonball Xenoverse to make a cute Majin girl who I already ship with that cute Saiyin girl, Bloodborne, and Disney Infinity Star Wars edition.  As well as the blu ray My-Hime/Otome series obviously.

More on topic I'm going to go see what's up in that other thread.

I'll pass on Xenoverse (terrible game...but I guess you can use it for customization) and why do I need Bloodborne when Witcher III is a better investment~ Disney Infinity Star Wars isn't bad, but the figures are what I'm really after. devious

Sweet, see you there. study

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38606
Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 31
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Magus Phantalus on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:34 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Magus Phantalus wrote:Yeah I'm eventually going to get PS4 probably when I get some money coming in.  Going to get Dragonball Xenoverse to make a cute Majin girl who I already ship with that cute Saiyin girl, Bloodborne, and Disney Infinity Star Wars edition.  As well as the blu ray My-Hime/Otome series obviously.

More on topic I'm going to go see what's up in that other thread.

I'll pass on Xenoverse (terrible game...but I guess you can use it for customization)  and why do I need Bloodborne when Witcher III is a better investment~  Disney Infinity Star Wars isn't bad, but the figures are what I'm really after. devious

Sweet, see you there. study

You're the first person I've spoken to who says Xenoverse is terrible. Everyone else I've spoken to loves it. From what I saw I think I'll like it too. Playing as a cute Majin who can teleport with instant transmission or Kai Kai while kicking Cell's ass? Yes please! Natsuki Kuga

As for Bloodborne I'd rather play a game where I can play as a badass girl. I've heard mixed things about The Witcher series and its portrayal of women. Plus Bloodborne can let be a gun mage so awesome.

As for Disney Infinity it is a godsend to me as a femslash fan. I've made a t least two levels where Violet Parr can save her lover Mirage from certain doom. Natsuki Kruger2 Gay Rainbow

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 421
Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148
Join date : 2011-11-08
Location : The Endless Dream

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The storyline/concept of Mai-HiME

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:28 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum