Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

SAO - Sword Art Online [ソードアート・オンライン] discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SAO - Sword Art Online [ソードアート・オンライン] discussion

Post by Lena Sayers on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Sword Art Online (ソードアート・オンライン) is a Japanese light novel series by Reki Kawahara, with illustrations by Abec. It has been adapted into three manga, an anime and a video game.

The following is the spoiler for the plot of the novel:

Spoiler:
In the year 2022, the Virtual reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), Sword Art Online (SAO), is released. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality Helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.

On November 6, 2022, all the players log in for the first time, and subsequently discover that they are unable to log out. They are then informed by Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of SAO, that if they wish to be free and log out of the game, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in-game, their bodies will also die in the real world. The story follows Kirito, a skilled player who is determined to beat the game. As the game progresses, Kirito eventually befriends a female player called Asuna who becomes his partner and lover. After the duo discover the identity of Kayaba's avatar in SAO, they confront and defeat him, freeing themselves and the other players from the game.

Upon returning to the real world, Kirito learns that Asuna and a small group of SAO players are trapped in another VRMMORPG called Alfheim Online (ALO). Their imprisonment in ALO was part of a plan devised by Nobuyuki Sugō to subdue Asuna and marry her, in an attempt to take over her family's company. With help from old friends he met in SAO along with new allies, Kirito thwarts Nobuyuki's plans and finally reunites with Asuna in the real world.

Soon after, Kirito plays another VRMMORPG called Gun Gale Online (GGO) to investigate the mysterious connection between the game and deaths occurring in the real world. He eventually discovers that the culprits are former members of a murderous guild he has previously encountered in SAO.

After solving the murders in GGO, Kirito is recruited to assist in the development of a state-of-the-art game, UnderWorld (UW), which has an interface that is far more realistic and complex than that of the previous games he had played. In UW, the flow of time proceeds thousands of times faster than in the real world. However, Kirito ends up falling for a trap and wakes up inside the game, unable to log out and he starts looking for a way back to reality.

As then the anime was already out and into it's second arc on 14 Oct 2012. Therefore, I would recommend everyone to watch this particular anime. (since it was one of the popular animes for this year and it really get me hooked at the first episode due to the interesting plot.) I would rank this anime as my top 5 favorite anime.

The following is the openings for SAO:

Lena Sayers
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 986
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278
Location : *~Somewhere in the palace teaching Arika to be a good Miester Otome~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SAO - Sword Art Online [ソードアート・オンライン] discussion

Post by depression76 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Been following this for a while xD

Awesome show! I got one of my friends into this, and she actually finished reading the first Arc light novel before I even started >8U!

But but anyway.

KIRITOxASUNA FOREVER xDDD

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Sayers on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:32 pm

Yes Yes!! Asuna and Kirito forever! xD!! cute & epic couple xD just waiting for the episode 2 of the second arc to come out on Sunday at animeseason. -can't wait to watch it-

Lena Sayers
Coral student
Coral student

Location : *~Somewhere in the palace teaching Arika to be a good Miester Otome~*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:12 pm

I just finished watching the series myself and I gotta say, I. LOVED. IT!!!! The series is just so awesome! The characters, the action, and of course the romance! All of it was awesome! I really hope they come out with Season 2.

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 963
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Sayers on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 am

Yup the character, the plot, and romance is really awesome! I can really imagine myself playing SAO xD! (my favourite couple is Kirito and Asuna >.<!) second season will be about Gun Gale Online and
Spoiler:
Kirito will become a girl character >.<...

Lena Sayers
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:40 am

Lena Sayers wrote:Yup the character, the plot, and romance is really awesome! I can really imagine myself playing SAO xD! (my favourite couple is Kirito and Asuna >.<!) second season will be about Gun Gale Online and
Spoiler:

Lol
Spoiler:
No he wont xD He just received a super duper rare bishonen avatar with his amazing luck. It's supposedly one of the two ambiguous avatar in GGO, that can be sold for a high sum of money to players. Still no girl tho, he's a guy through and through and Shinon can confirm that for us Natsuki Kruger2

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lena Sayers on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:13 am

depression76 wrote:
Lena Sayers wrote:Yup the character, the plot, and romance is really awesome! I can really imagine myself playing SAO xD! (my favourite couple is Kirito and Asuna >.<!) second season will be about Gun Gale Online and
Spoiler:

Lol
Spoiler:
No he wont xD He just received a super duper rare bishonen avatar with his amazing luck. It's supposedly one of the two ambiguous avatar in GGO, that can be sold for a high sum of money to players. Still no girl tho, he's a guy through and through and Shinon can confirm that for us Natsuki Kruger2

Spoiler:
actually Is just kirito looks like a girl xD! but it is really very cool that the money you have in GGO can be cashed out to the actual real world xD! -imagine that would happened in 2020- xD!

Lena Sayers
Coral student
Coral student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Akira Okuzaki As I mentioned a few weeks ago on Mai-Multiverse Facebook...this is just a modern version of .hack/dot-hack. What makes SAO better and less boring than .hack? I swear, .hack//Sign was so sleep inducing.

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: Akira Okuzaki As I mentioned a few weeks ago on Mai-Multiverse Facebook...this is just a modern version of .hack/dot-hack. What makes SAO better and less boring than .hack? I swear, .hack//Sign was so sleep inducing.

Well...why don't you watch the series and see for yourself. It's more plot-oriented, the characters have good development, plus the very idea of it is interesting itself.

Spoiler:
Instead of just 1 player being trapped in the game...ALL of the players are trapped in it! Not only that, but if they die in the game, they die in real life! If someone removes the headpiece that makes the virtual environment, they still die. Basically it's like the Matrix, except you can't feel pain. The game becomes a literal fight for survival and every character has their own story, sort of. The romance is more likeable than any romance in .Hack or any other anime like it.

I would explain more, but you have to see the anime itself to see what it's like. But trust me, it's WAY better than the .Hack series!

SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 963
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:29 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top