Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

First Yuri/ Shoujo Ai

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: First Yuri/ Shoujo Ai

Post by Daichi148 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:48 pm

not so bad!

but I prefer the anime xD

Daichi148
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 918
Armitage GUTS!!! : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:59 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:You read the KnM manga?
How were you able to stand it?

Hey, give him credit for putting up with it. I didn't enjoy it, sadly. The anime set the bar high for the yuri genre and it never had a good follow-up, spin off or remake since. ^^;

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:49 pm

I didn't enjoy the manga either. It was simply awful...

And I agree. Even with the weird mechas, KnM is hard to surpass in the yuri world....

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:25 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:I didn't enjoy the manga either. It was simply awful...

And I agree. Even with the weird mechas, KnM is hard to surpass in the yuri world....

((I would say ShizNat, but I have to remind myself that Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome have yuri elements. Not 100% centered on yuri like a Strawberry Panic or a Marimite.))

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by aRANZa-tHAiR on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:32 pm

My first introduction to the yuri was a day in a gaming magazine they did a report about kanazzuki no miko, never seen a picture like that. I decided to do some investigation and I found Utena, Strawberry panic and... to my great surprise with the content of Sailor Moon.
Haruka and Michiru, were the first couple that moved me. I think between my curiosity and my desire to try something new, I was happy to see that he felt he had an animated version, so that really helped me normalize my situation :)

aRANZa-tHAiR
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 172
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:57 pm

aRANZa-tHAiR wrote:My first introduction to the yuri was a day in a gaming magazine they did a report about kanazzuki no miko, never seen a picture like that. I decided to do some investigation and I found Utena, Strawberry panic and... to my great surprise with the content of Sailor Moon.
Haruka and Michiru, were the first couple that moved me. I think between my curiosity and my desire to try something new, I was happy to see that he felt he had an animated version, so that really helped me normalize my situation :)

We've heard a lot of stories concerning Kannazuki no Miko around MM. I'd like to know what you saw in Haruka and Michiru of Sailor Moon fame. For starters, how did they move you in the first place?

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by aRANZa-tHAiR on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:12 am

I think for the time (late 90s), and my age (8 years) many things not being 100% conscious, (Talking about Haruka and Michiru and sailor moon series in general)

when finally, I started researching on the Internet (at 13 or 14 years) it was when I could see with different eyes, ... Before that, my only references about lesbianism (not lesbian love, just lesbianism) were in movies or TV shows, typically with a horrible end.
They showed crazy women who had just committing suicide, or in jail or completely alone.

So was quite nice to see a stable relationship between two girls, If they move something in my soul I think it was the hope. and decided to see sailor moon again, this time paying more attention to Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus, I also began to love the drawing then my cousins ​​teased me a bit about that ¬¬, but I enjoy the anime :) Needless to say I get excited much, I admit ... I was cried in the chapter when Haruka and Michiru fight against Eudial

About KnM...
for me are the couple who has impressed and moved me more ... To date,
the ability to sacrifice, puzzled me.
I can't yet see the series without having my handkerchiefs aside or scream: Chikaaane!!!
I love read fics about them
Philosodori ...Actually seeking their fics, was how... makoto
wait! it's true: the gentlemen haven't memory... and the ladies neither. I summarize that I have a very sweet and pleasant memories about :)

aRANZa-tHAiR
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:24 pm

It's wonderful how desperately Haruka raced to Michiru's aid. The roles were reversed when Michiru saw Haruka in trouble, trying all she could to reach her. The moment Eudial extracted her pure heart and the flashback to Michiru's smile from earlier with the violin music in the background? Man, that's fantastic storytelling right there.

Same with Kannazuki no Miko, as Chikane struggles with her deepest feelings for Himeko. Was it unnatural? Was it sin? The very idea of falling in love with Himeko drove her insane, but it's love and love is never wrong. Wink Himeko made the right choice in the end. Why? Because it was her own.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by aRANZa-tHAiR on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:33 am

is something strong, touching, sincere. It's that kind of stories that more than only tell the love between two girls, tells a beautiful story! thanks for read me Luu! :D

aRANZa-tHAiR
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:09 pm

aRANZa-tHAiR wrote:is something strong, touching, sincere. It's that kind of stories that more than only tell the love between two girls, tells a beautiful story! thanks for read me Luu! :D

You just didn't see anything like that at the time. If there were other lesbian based relationships in anime, then it wasn't taken seriously like some hentai. Haruka and Michiru had to be the first and most mainstream lesbian relationship in any anime/manga series. Way ahead of it's time.

You're welcome. Arika Yumemiya

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru on Thu May 29, 2014 10:02 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:Ah, that scene was pure yuriness...
Michiru asking Haruka to help with the zipper of her dress... *drools*

OMG YES! Time to relive that moment once again!

Haruka Jealous to Seiya

This is the best part of "Haruka and Michiru moments"
because, Haruka was Jealous to Seiya, after the concert
Seiya and Michiru stay in the dressing room..when...

Haruka is so possessive of her woman~

michiru: As she should be~

Michiru was getting back at haruka for this time

as for my first yuri that i watched was blue drop
my favorite is sasameki koto

PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Armitage GUTS!!! : 49
Location : Australia, otherwise check for a note I left on the fridge!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu May 29, 2014 5:27 pm

PuppyHaru wrote:Michiru was getting back at haruka for this time

as for my first yuri that i watched was blue drop
my favorite is sasameki koto

Yes she was! XD I can easily accept that notion. Michiru is a major troll to Haruka, especially in Stars where their sense of humor was more apparent compared to S.

Wow, you saw Blue Drop first? Very dark yuri to start off with. Sasameki Koto is great too, but it's sooooooooo sugary sweet. XD I get cavities every time I see Sumika lusts over Kazama.  Sumika x Kazama 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru on Thu May 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Wow, you saw Blue Drop first? Very dark yuri to start off with. Sasameki Koto is great too, but it's sooooooooo sugary sweet. XD I get cavities every time I see Sumika lusts over Kazama. Sumika x Kazama

The way Sumika acts reminds me of myself when I started falling for my best friend the only difference is that sumika got a happy ending XD

PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:30 pm

PuppyHaru wrote:The way Sumika acts reminds me of myself when I started falling for my best friend the only difference is that sumika got a happy ending XD

xD Sorry you didn't get the happy ending from the anime or manga, Haru. Leaving out all the hurtful stuff, what kind of lovey dovey emotions were you going through that were similar to Sumika? It's not uncommon to be in love with your best friend.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:xD Sorry you didn't get the happy ending from the anime or manga, Haru. Leaving out all the hurtful stuff, what kind of lovey dovey emotions were you going through that were similar to Sumika? It's not uncommon to be in love with your best friend.

More of the always wanting to spend time with her, afraid to tell her cause you know she won't like you that way and you don't want to lose your friendship, I was always happy around her or talking to her over the phone, and I'd follow her around like a lost puppy.

PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:16 pm

PuppyHaru wrote:More of the always wanting to spend time with her, afraid to tell her cause you know she won't like you that way and you don't want to lose your friendship, I was always happy around her or talking to her over the phone, and I'd follow her around like a lost puppy.

That's really nice. For what it's worth, you did the right thing to follow your true feelings.  Yukino x Kanade 

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:35 pm

You're a brave one. Hug 

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppyHaru on Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:01 pm

I'm Embarrassed now  omg 

*Hides away forever*

PuppyHaru
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:43 pm

PuppyHaru wrote:I'm Embarrassed now  omg 

*Hides away forever*

Elsa How cute. I agree with Neko, you deserve credit for bravery. One day, a lucky girl will embrace that side of you.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:12 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum