Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:38 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Good to know you don't suffer the goldfish symptom. Razz
I'd go all Heero Yui on Sunrise for our purpose.

Razz Pfft, I'm not that bad. Goldfish symptoms are contain within the U.K. anyway.

Heero Yui brings back a lot of memories. Gundam fans say Gundam always has a strong year, but I honestly don't believe that. Around when Gundam Wing in the 90s (along with the release of Endless Waltz, whenever that was), I consider that the highest point of Gundam popularity and mainstream fame. Now I think audiences know what to expect from the Gundam franchise, so it's just "there". So you can understand my position about Sunrise releasing a new Mai-Series. The company is vastly typecast and that's a real shame. Variety is a GOOD thing. Stop feeding the same ol' shit to the dumb masses like McDonalds. *A*

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Midori Sugiura on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:Good to know you don't suffer the goldfish symptom. Razz
I'd go all Heero Yui on Sunrise for our purpose.

Razz Pfft, I'm not that bad. Goldfish symptoms are contain within the U.K. anyway.

Heero Yui brings back a lot of memories. Gundam fans say Gundam always has a strong year, but I honestly don't believe that. Around when Gundam Wing in the 90s (along with the release of Endless Waltz, whenever that was), I consider that the highest point of Gundam popularity and mainstream fame. Now I think audiences know what to expect from the Gundam franchise, so it's just "there". So you can understand my position about Sunrise releasing a new Mai-Series. The company is vastly typecast and that's a real shame. Variety is a GOOD thing. Stop feeding the same ol' shit to the dumb masses like McDonalds. *A*

I seethingly loathe McDonalds, ever since I worked there all i can do is hate that place, also fish Mcbites remind me of the Futurama episode The Problem with Popplers



Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Posts : 3447
Bubuzuke points : 3740
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 24
Location : Fuuka Academy Teacher's Lounge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:57 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:I seethingly loathe McDonalds, ever since I worked there all i can do is hate that place, also fish Mcbites remind me of the Futurama episode The Problem with Popplers



*LAUGHS* I'll excuse the off-topicness of that post because I love Futurama. It's true, working at McDonalds was a pain. Save the work rants for the rant thread though. Wink

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Midori Sugiura on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:24 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:I seethingly loathe McDonalds, ever since I worked there all i can do is hate that place, also fish Mcbites remind me of the Futurama episode The Problem with Popplers



*LAUGHS* I'll excuse the off-topicness of that post because I love Futurama. It's true, working at McDonalds was a pain. Save the work rants for the rant thread though. Wink

Actually that was in response to
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Stop feeding the same ol' shit to the dumb masses like McDonalds. *A*

But thank you for excusing it, it was a little work ranty wasn't it

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Posts : 3447
Bubuzuke points : 3740
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 24
Location : Fuuka Academy Teacher's Lounge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by GAP on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

I don't eat McDonalds as much as I used to but that is usually due to the fact I have no money if anything.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 260
Bubuzuke points : 418
Armitage GUTS!!! : 122
Join date : 2010-12-26
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:03 pm

Stay on topic, people.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by shezaei-neko on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:58 pm

I still have hopes that we'll get something for the 10th anniversary.
I mean, this series was a hit in Japan for Sunrise. So, tradition dictates that something must be done.
The same has happened to Macross, Gundam, DB, and other titles, why not this one?

_________________
All hail ShizuNatsu and FLight!!



shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Posts : 3331
Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Macross Quarter

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Midori Sugiura on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:07 am

shezaei-neko wrote:I still have hopes that we'll get something for the 10th anniversary.
I mean, this series was a hit in Japan for Sunrise. So, tradition dictates that something must be done.
The same has happened to Macross, Gundam, DB, and other titles, why not this one?

You raise a good point, I really hope something does come out for the 10 year, either of Mai HiME or Mai Otome

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Posts : 3447
Bubuzuke points : 3740
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 24
Location : Fuuka Academy Teacher's Lounge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:42 pm

I know something will be done for Mai-HiME next year. That's the thing, it was a bigger hit over in Japan than in North America. Bandai Entertainment didn't really elevate the series to where it deserved to be. When a new company picks up the license, then we'll see how many casual viewers still remember Mai-HiME/Otome. Though it's hard to remember a series that came out during the prime of anime admiration in North America...

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by shezaei-neko on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:37 am

It just continues to amazes me how the anime industry in america doesn't promote and give the anime titles the place it deserves.
It seems that they just go with what's popular and has thousands of fans.
Sometimes I feel that they underestimate us fans...

_________________
All hail ShizuNatsu and FLight!!



shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Posts : 3331
Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Macross Quarter

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Midori Sugiura on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:58 am

shezaei-neko wrote:It just continues to amazes me how the anime industry in america doesn't promote and give the anime titles the place it deserves.
It seems that they just go with what's popular and has thousands of fans.
Sometimes I feel that they underestimate us fans...

seems like all they care about is Naruto, and it annoys me

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Posts : 3447
Bubuzuke points : 3740
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 24
Location : Fuuka Academy Teacher's Lounge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by IlliterateKoi on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:21 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:It seems that they just go with what's popular and has thousands of fans.

Midori Sugiura wrote:seems like all they care about is Naruto, and it annoys me

In reality that's what they are doing, because those are the franchises that are going to make them the most money. It would be great if it didn't work that way, but businesses exist to make money and the best way to do that is to cater to the majority. It sucks for the rest of us, but that's just the way it is ^_^;

IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Posts : 3809
Bubuzuke points : 4241
Armitage GUTS!!! : 432
Join date : 2012-02-04
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:33 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:It seems that they just go with what's popular and has thousands of fans.

Midori Sugiura wrote:seems like all they care about is Naruto, and it annoys me

In reality that's what they are doing, because those are the franchises that are going to make them the most money. It would be great if it didn't work that way, but businesses exist to make money and the best way to do that is to cater to the majority. It sucks for the rest of us, but that's just the way it is ^_^;

I hate to say it, but the stupid goldfish is right. In this, or any business really, money is infinitely more important than artistic integrity. That is why Naruto is more successful than the Mai-HiME. In my view, I don't care about the majority. Greatness is in my own eyes. Our fandom is not much, but it's ours.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by shezaei-neko on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:00 pm

True that.
It's just sad that some great titles are not given the chance.
Well, their loss not ours.

_________________
All hail ShizuNatsu and FLight!!



shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Posts : 3331
Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Macross Quarter

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Midori Sugiura on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Otakus are superior!

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Posts : 3447
Bubuzuke points : 3740
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 24
Location : Fuuka Academy Teacher's Lounge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:36 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:True that.
It's just sad that some great titles are not given the chance.
Well, their loss not ours.

Midori Sugiura wrote:Otakus are superior!

There's a greater sense of value in a smaller community. You feel like you can connect with others easily and everyone knows each other. Sure, we'd love to see Mai-HiME/Otome reach a larger mainstream level, but not to reel in the casual viewer who will treat it as flavor of the month. Rather, to create new stories out of the endless cast of characters from the series.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by shezaei-neko on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:10 am

That's true. I'd like Hime to be more popular to get more merchandise produced. Razz
But, I agree with Luu...
I rather have a small community that appreciated the anime even after years and not just because it's mainstream and what's on.

_________________
All hail ShizuNatsu and FLight!!



shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Posts : 3331
Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Macross Quarter

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:15 am

shezaei-neko wrote:That's true. I'd like Hime to be more popular to get more merchandise produced. Razz
But, I agree with Luu...
I rather have a small community that appreciated the anime even after years and not just because it's mainstream and what's on.

Mainstream support is only needed for one thing...MERCHANDISE! *____* I'm crazy about Mai-HiME/Otome stuff. So much that we pretty much buy everything in sight at cons. Newer merchandise would be the nice. What was the last major figures they released for the Mai-Series? The Beach Queen series, right? Lena Sayers, Shizuru Fujino and Mai Tokiha I believe.

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by shezaei-neko on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:29 am

Yeah, I think those were the last Hime/Otome stuff produced.
We need more!!

_________________
All hail ShizuNatsu and FLight!!



shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Posts : 3331
Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Macross Quarter

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Midori Sugiura on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:02 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:That's true. I'd like Hime to be more popular to get more merchandise produced. Razz
But, I agree with Luu...
I rather have a small community that appreciated the anime even after years and not just because it's mainstream and what's on.

Mainstream support is only needed for one thing...MERCHANDISE! *____* I'm crazy about Mai-HiME/Otome stuff. So much that we pretty much buy everything in sight at cons. Newer merchandise would be the nice. What was the last major figures they released for the Mai-Series? The Beach Queen series, right? Lena Sayers, Shizuru Fujino and Mai Tokiha I believe.

You know the Mai HiME hat


this one

I own 3, one with me for travel, one back in Australia and one in my room

I agree, we need more Mai HiME merchandise, much much more, we scavenge over the limited amounts left, ever item becomes a must have due to scarcity, We need more available, we need more merchandise

Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Posts : 3447
Bubuzuke points : 3740
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 24
Location : Fuuka Academy Teacher's Lounge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:57 pm

True enough, guys. There are still tons of Mai-Series merchandise on Ebay, Yahoo Japan and other places that are crawling with old Mai-HiME/Otome stuff. Wipe them clean if possible! *_* Support for the series is key!

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by GAP on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Does Craigslist count? Although not many fans are willing to give up their stuff.

GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Posts : 260
Bubuzuke points : 418
Armitage GUTS!!! : 122
Join date : 2010-12-26
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by shezaei-neko on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:21 pm

I've been doing that around Yahoo JP!
But still, there's never enough.

_________________
All hail ShizuNatsu and FLight!!



shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Posts : 3331
Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Macross Quarter

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:57 pm

GAP wrote:Does Craigslist count? Although not many fans are willing to give up their stuff.

Not really, unless I feel like buying yet another used Cadillac from the 60s.

shezaei-neko wrote:I've been doing that around Yahoo JP!
But still, there's never enough.

Shizuru Fujino On that subject, most MM members request how to purchase from Yahoo Japan. What do you think, ShezNek. Shall we provide a walkthrough for our fellow members? Wink

_________________
Mai-X-Project

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Posts : 38480
Bubuzuke points : 42150
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2495
Join date : 2010-05-01
Age : 30
Location : Garderobe Academy

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by shezaei-neko on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:36 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Shizuru Fujino On that subject, most MM members request how to purchase from Yahoo Japan. What do you think, ShezNek. Shall we provide a walkthrough for our fellow members? Wink


It would be quite useful. But well, remember that the sellers from Yahoo JP don't send overseas. So, a third party/forwarding service is needed.
But, well, maybe explaining the basics for the search and that stuff, so when they find something and have already a forwarding services, they could get what they want.

_________________
All hail ShizuNatsu and FLight!!



shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Posts : 3331
Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755
Join date : 2012-06-11
Location : Macross Quarter

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What were your thoughts about the MAI HIME MOVIE TRAILER?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:41 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum