Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Rizzoli and Isles discussion thread: Rizziles lesbian subtext!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 pm

---

What more can I say about Rizzoli & Isles? Quite easily the best live action show on American television right now. Not only that, it's much better than the cookie cutter bullshit downbeat show like Law and Order and mediocre crime dramas like CSI. Rizzoli and Isles is a more down to earth look at characters who can actually joke, banter and have a rockin' good time after the case is solved.

The subtext between Jane Rizzoli (played by Angie Harmon) and Dr. Maura Isles (played by Sasha Alexander) is a popular topic! Me and MM Superstar Valkyrie Lightning can tell you that first hand! Let's be honest here, everyone is expecting Jane and Maura to admit they don't like men and just become a lesbian couple. But the more I watch this show, the more patient I am before such a prayer is answered. Why do you ask? It's because they act like lovers already! There is so much cutesy gay banter between the two, that it feels like they're in a relationship already. The show plays with your shipping desires quite well!

Angie Harmon is one charismatic actress! She has the makings of a true female action star. She reeks the presence of Sigourney Weaver in ALIENS and the aggressiveness of Milla Jovovich from the Resident Evil films. As for Sasha Alexander, I was told she was on NCIS in the past. Never caught her there, but I absolutely love her performance as Maura. She's clever, intelligent and always gets the better of Jane. At the same time, Maura is extremely feminine to the point where even she can be the uke. ;3

BTW, to discuss Rizzoli and Isles as a show, visit our television thread here:

http://ltahime.forum-motion.net/t339p20-television-shows-discussion-reviews

The rest of this thread will focus on the subtext and possibilities between Jane and Maura. Fanfiction, fanart, animated gifs and discussion on their relationship is 100% allowed! Korra chibi

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rizzoli and Isles discussion thread: Rizziles lesbian subtext!

Post by shezaei-neko on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Oh!! My super yuri gayness radar beeped like crazy when I watched this show for the very first time.
Everytime I watch this show I'm just thinking: "will this be the chapter where they finally will kiss each other?"
It's a show that I really enjoy, and true they sometimes act like a couple already. XD

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:08 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Oh!! My super yuri gayness radar beeped like crazy when I watched this show for the very first time.
Everytime I watch this show I'm just thinking: "will this be the chapter where they finally will kiss each other?"
It's a show that I really enjoy, and true they sometimes act like a couple already. XD

I know right?! it's funny how a crime drama can be so cheesy. It's mainly caused by the lesbian-y banter between Jane and Maura. Every time the two are together, they always have some kind of banter war! Resulting in Maura coming out on top (see what I did thar? ;3 )

As for the novels written by Tess Gerritsen, I've just begun on reading The Surgeon , which takes place before Jane met Maura. ;_; It'll be a while until I figure out their chemistry in the books. But I am 100% pleased with the show itself. Even if Jane and Maura end up with guys in the end, at least they will always be known as the gayest straight women I've ever seen in a live action show. If that makes sense...X'D

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 on Sat May 25, 2013 6:36 pm

I love this pairing. It's a crime/drama readers dream come true. The problem that always pops my hopes of them being canon is the fact that Rizzoli and Isles are based on book character and they never get together. Sure, they seem quite out of character compared to their paper bound counterparts, but in the books they only have relationships with men. They also don't seem to have that kind of chemistry ether.
Spoiler:
(heck, Maura has been divorced and is having an affair with a priest and Jane is happily married with a kid... to the fibbie Gabriel who is just bleargh in the TV series, but so dreamy in the books.)

This drives me crazy because the book women are so well written, I ship them with their male love interests, but when I get back to the TV: "Maura, kiss Jane!"

Disappointment aside the chemistry between them is palpable and with the way they've been written, it's like the writers are begging us to ship them.

GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

View user profile http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:06 am

2 Days for WORLDWIDE OVARY EXPLOSION!

Brace yourselves. High Pitch Squealing is coming!

Last edited by CaptainVonCookie on Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo X3)

CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:13 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:2 Days for WORLDWIDE OVARY EXPLOSION!

Brace yourselves. High Pitch Squealing is coming!

o.o Dude.

MY FEELS ARE NOT GOING TO SURVIVE!!! kawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplzkawaiidesuplz

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:14 pm

XD Luu... Jane looks like a psycho and Maura a rapist...
Somehow I'm scared of that "one day to rape you and kill you" pic.

CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:50 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:XD Luu... Jane looks like a psycho and Maura a rapist...
Somehow I'm scared of that "one day to rape you and kill you" pic.

:'3 Are you sure you don't write fanfiction, Captain? Your paranoid imagination makes me feel wonderful. In a non-gay way~ Well, our Witty Banter duo would handle the gayness. Wink

Now about the season 4 premiere episode...where do I begin with this! We get a sniper shooting to kick things off and Boston's finest gets down to business. Nasty head-shot by the mystery assassin on a politician lady. Poor girl. Now here are my thoughts on the overall episode. This isn't going to be a full on review because it was a pretty easy case for our girls to solve (Spoiler ALERT):

Luu Sky Sapphire's quick thoughts on Rizzoli & Isles Episode 41: We Are Family:

Spoiler:
The old saying goes, they suspect always return to the scene of the crime. I'm a little disappointed in the case as the shooter's face was revealed pretty clearly. Pretty cute and dry. The real shocker of the episode is seeing the return of Casey Jones. Cue heterosexual feels for Jane! ;A; What I don't understand is why bring Casey back so suddenly? Only to have him tell Jane that he'll be leaving again. Guess he just wanted some of that Rizzoli boo-tay~, which he succeeded in getting. Where's Maura when you need her?  It's strange that Casey has legitimate  paralysis/spinal issues and the government is shipping him to Afghanistan anyway. He tells Jane that he'll be back in six months to hopefully make a commitment. This is building up towards something big, hopefully. My optimism is speaking on behalf of itself. If he's just going to become Jane's guy and just stand around in the background, then I'm not looking forward to THOSE scenes. Save us, Maura!

Overall I enjoyed the episode, it was a standard case with mentions of Maura's kidney surgery from season 3 and the return of the only guy Jane can see herself with. No, no, Jane, you're just confused! facepalm

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:21 pm

What with all the "queer bating" that both the cast and J Tam admit to, I can't help but feel like they put Casey in this episode to say "Hey guys, glad to see you again, but remember, Jane is STRAIGHT!" The whole Casey thing doesn't make much sense to me though. I know they aren't going directly by the book *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*; Tommy and Franky not having the same jobs, Jane's Mum not being with Corsak and Maura not being divorced or in character (not to mention the actor of Agent Deant being just :no:), but why are they adding in this dude every once in a while? I know they like to put a little romance in every now and again, but all these stupid cold cut offs are annoying. Especially for a person like me who is more interested in the crimes and the women doing their job.

All in all though, it was a good starting episode. A small case that doesn't affect the main storyline that much so we can get back into the lives of Rizzoli and Isles. It's simple but it is only the first episode.

GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

View user profile http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Don't worry Arika Yumemiya I'm known to cause feelings inside a person just dying to burst out! I'm like a warm fart! Don't fight it!

I'm holding off watching the episode until I have more eps. Reading all this stuff about the guys making a big comeback to woo rizzles is just pissing me off. I want the witty banter and hugs and wifey daily life we had before!

CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:29 pm

(WARNING! SPOILERS!!!) Luu Sky Sapphire's quick thoughts on Rizzoli & Isles Episode 42: In Over Your Head:

Spoiler:
WHERE THE F R U??? The episode begins with Brenda Thomas (an aspiring journalist as we find out later) being a curious girl that ends up costing her. She is drowned by some a-hole and tossed in the ocean.

Rafael Martinez is the new head of Boston's PD drug unit. Jane hates him...why? Well, they worked together in drug unit as partners. He got Jane's young informant killed 8 years ago, causing a fall out between the two. He left to join a task force and hasn't been back since..

LOOK MAURA, THERE'S A HORSESHOE CRAB!!!!!!!

Hey Maura! Please wear those yellow boots with all your yellow outfits. :'3

Maura's sister Cailin shows up to fill Rizzles in on men in dark suits who spoke to her mom, Dr. Hope Martin, about the M.E.N.D. clinic. She claims they were threatening her. Hope claims those men were her accountants and nothing more. Paddy Doyle (keep his upcoming trial in mind) gets questioned by Jane, Maura and Hope. This I can't spoil, even with a spoiler tad, as it overshadows the case.

They eventually find the warehouse; successfully finding match with the water in Brenda's lungs. Thanks to a little coincidence, Jane discovers that history repeated itself; Martinez got Brenda killed by using her as his informant. We get a flashback to 8 years ago where Jane reveals that she wanted her own CI informant. Everything went wrong of course, causing Jane to hold a grudge against Martinez. The killer turned out to be a state trooper, who is taken down by Frankie! Come on, Martinez! The kid shouldn't be pushing paper all day! So yeah, it's cool that Frankie got his moment.

Overall, the episode was a huge improvement over the last. The case was a little more complex, though pieced together slowly by fluke after fluke. XD We get more back story reveals in the ongoing saga of Maura's family history. It's being treated as a sub-plot, but it sure received a lot of screen time during the episode. I'm praying this is all just very slow build up to a great season finale payoff. Until then, good episode. :)

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:27 pm

bump 

Tonight's Rizzoli & Isles was such an entertaining episode! I wish I had time to review it in better detail, but I gotta run out soon so I'll keep it brief. The theme was the interwebz, with an Ebay related case and Jane ending up on YouTube thanks to her coffee throwing Buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-BITCHing ways! LOL!!! Honestly, I couldn't tell whether which was the subplot or not. Both had equal screen time! haha! And like Kona-chan said to me on Facebook earlier, "was i the only one secretly hoping that Maura would let Jane live with her if the lawsuit went through?" HEY! SHE SAID SHE COULDN'T POSSIBLY TAKE MAURA'S MONEY!

;A; This is no time to be self righteous , Jane! You could use a new home in season 5 and the rest of 4! You know, change things up a bit. :'3 I mean, you're already finding your happy place in Maura's secret yoga room...

And Maura, do not attempt a rap song ever again. XDDD

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Horrible news for Rizzoli & Isles fans:

---

'Rizzoli and Isles' Star Lee Thompson Young Dead at 29

Following Cory Monteith, another young star of a current hit TV series has died. Lee Thompson Young, who stars as Detective Barry Frost on TNT's Rizzoli and Isles, has died at the age of 29. According to TMZ, it is a possible suicide.

The site says that after he didn't show up on the set, staffers called Young's landlord who checked on him and found Young dead from an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Young first came to prominence as a child actor starring on Disney's The Famous Jett Jackson in the title role. More recently he had recurring roles as an FBI agent on FlashForward, a surgeon on Scrubs and as Cyborg, one of the members of the Justice League on Smallville.

Young currently appears on TNT's high-rated Rizzoli and Isles, which is in the middle of its fourth season Tuesdays at 9pm. The drama was recently renewed for a fifth season.

Here is the official statement about Young's death from TNT, Warner Bros. and the creator of Rizzoli and Isles:

"Everyone at Rizzoli & Isles is devastated by the news of the passing of Lee Thompson Young. We are beyond heartbroken at the loss of this sweet, gentle, good-hearted, intelligent man. He was truly a member of our family. Lee will be cherished and remembered by all who knew and loved him, both on- and offscreen, for his positive energy, infectious smile and soulful grace. We send our deepest condolences and thoughts to his family, to his friends and, most especially, to his beloved mother.".
---

A tragic loss. My condolences to his family and the entire cast and crew of Rizzoli & Isles.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews: Rizzoli and Isles episode 52 "Partners in Crime"

---

For a season finale, this episode felt rushed for some reason. The pacing was faster than your usual Rizzles ep. That doesn't mean it was bad though, it was actually quite good. The episode opens with a electrocution, followed by a forced drowning murder. Later on we get another murder, leading us to believe they're not related. The "perfect" double murders were promoted as the highlight of the episode, as well as the appearance of Casey Jones, yet the real show stealer was the Patrick Doyle Sr. subplot. No matter what the episode, the "Doyle Drama" as I call it, always grabs my attention. We'll get to that soon.

Casey Jones arrives from Afghanistan to surprise Jane. Lucky asshole. To wake up in the morning and have a beautiful woman like Jane walk around in nothing but a t-shirt is rewarding. We see that Jane is unable to spend much time with Casey because of the recent double homicide. During an autopsy, Jane tells Maura that she *may* love her job more than him. It's hilarious as Casey feels the same. When the two lovebirds have dinner together, Casey spills about his promotion to General. YAY! Looks like Casey off to Afghanistan again! Right? Well, there's a catch that we don't learn until after the murder is solved and the Patrick Doyle subplot. Hang in there.

The murders results won't be spoiled here as it's very good. Just know that it involves plagiarism and two very disliked people. So disliked that people close to them would be considered suspects. You figure it out. The murder also involved a German Shepard with traces of dander. This was new information to me as I've never owned a German Shepard before.

Here, we learn that Paddy had his father released after 31 years in prison to return to society. He doesn't take too kindly to the idea of Hope's daughter taking him, yet alone having him stay at her place. But as always, Maura wants to do the right thing because he's still family. There's a great scene where Jane reminds Patrick that Maura is busting her ass to make him feel welcome and that Paddy was the one who arranged the whole thing. Why? So he can get to know the one happiness in his life: Maura. So it's rewarding when Patrick gives Maura one genuine compliment at the end.

So what happened with Casey Jones and Jane? Prepare to be pissed: He gives Jane an ultimatum. One that will no doubt play a huge part of season 5 (along with Frost's "disappearance" ). The following isn't what was said, but he might as well word vomit it:

Casey: You have a choice, Jane. Either you marry me or I'm going back to Afghanistan.

>_> You know, this really angers me a lot. Dude, sometimes in life, we don't always get what we want. Instead, we have what we need. You're not going to find another special woman like Jane in a million years. Act now cuz, you know, life is short?

+ Good case!
+ Maura's kindness is infectious
+ Fast pace
- Casey is Mr. Show Up and Leave. Again.
+/- This is Frost's (Lee Thompson Young) final episode, I believe. Sleep soundly, dude. Your performance will always be remembered.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:06 pm

bump 

Anyone who watched the season finale of Rizzoli & Isles knows why I was pissed earlier. Well, spoiler coming...

JANE RIZZOLI IS PREGNANT. THANKS TO CASEY.

;A; Like I said on MM Facebook, I've never felt so defeated in all my life.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:59 am

My Reactions from last night...not in this particular order.

firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1525
Armitage GUTS!!! : 204

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:37 pm

firesphere306 wrote:My Reactions from last night...not in this particular order.

laugh THAT'S AWESOME, KARA! HAHAHAHA!

And I love how Casey's defenders are calling "man-hate". Please, hating Casey has nothing to do with man hating. I just happen to be a man, more man than anyone you know. And I'll be the first to correct you: Shippers of Rizzles do not hate Casey because he's a guy. They hate him because he deliberately forced himself on Jane and is unable to commit to her properly. Always leaving her when she needs emotional support. Never stopping to dedicate FIVE measly minutes to talk.

Couples need to TALK, you know? Casey just bumps Jane and leaves. That, ladies and gentledudes, is why I hate the character.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by firesphere306 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:56 pm

So, season 5 of Rizzoli and Isles is totally Subtext. There has been many moments so far that it was just a little of this and a little of that....it just seems to be bigger this year. I only wonder what will happen since tomorrow (March 17th) is the 2 hours season finale. We can only hope that one day these two will be ACTUALLY canon.

firesphere306
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1525
Armitage GUTS!!! : 204

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top