Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Shitsurakuen [Paradise Lost]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shitsurakuen [Paradise Lost]

Post by depression76 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:46 pm

To quote off wikipedia

It follows the story of Himoto Sora, a transfer student with a sense of justice and dreams of becoming a knight. Upon arriving at Utopia Academy, she learns of a virtual reality-like game played by the male students in which they use girls as weapons in battles for status and treat them as commodities. Seeing one of these girls being abused, she steps in and unwittingly becomes the first female participant of the game.

It's one of my fave mangas two years ago. I like how Sora fight her way into the girls' hearts and gained their trust one by one, and the fact that it's also a fighting manga, with awesome weapons!, really draws a lot of fans too xD The first real ending to this manga SUCKS so bad that it discouraged me from reading till the end, and the 'reparation' ending that comes with the tonkoubon did nothing to salvage my lost respect at the author ^^;

But still though, this manga is a worthy one to read, and it's a whole load of new shipping universe here! My favorite was SoraxReiko...imagine my face when that ship sunk with the 2nd ending Natsuki Kruger2

Love it? Hate it? Post here and let me know xD

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shitsurakuen [Paradise Lost]

Post by ookamidesu on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:36 pm

I remember reading this (too). Lol.

I really liked the beginning of this. The premise, as deppy stated, was very well done. Sora was the heroine of the story, giving hope to all the other females in the male-oppressive school they attend. But then the author had to ruin that with the ending. It was so bad! It turned me off reading the supposed "real" ending and I just stopped there.

Spoiler:
The oppressive males gave a half-hearted apology and all the years of opression those girls suffered just fucking dissipated. "Oh, you're sorry. Okay. Let's frolic in LALALAND!". What the hell was that?!"

Well, I spose there's always fanfiction. -_-;;

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8918
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 am

depression76 wrote:

To quote off wikipedia

It follows the story of Himoto Sora, a transfer student with a sense of justice and dreams of becoming a knight. Upon arriving at Utopia Academy, she learns of a virtual reality-like game played by the male students in which they use girls as weapons in battles for status and treat them as commodities. Seeing one of these girls being abused, she steps in and unwittingly becomes the first female participant of the game.

It's one of my fave mangas two years ago. I like how Sora fight her way into the girls' hearts and gained their trust one by one, and the fact that it's also a fighting manga, with awesome weapons!, really draws a lot of fans too xD The first real ending to this manga SUCKS so bad that it discouraged me from reading till the end, and the 'reparation' ending that comes with the tonkoubon did nothing to salvage my lost respect at the author ^^;

But still though, this manga is a worthy one to read, and it's a whole load of new shipping universe here! My favorite was SoraxReiko...imagine my face when that ship sunk with the 2nd ending Natsuki Kruger2

Love it? Hate it? Post here and let me know xD

Believe me, I adored this manga, but the ending was so... abrupt and "failure zone". This is what put me off the most about it, I'd definitely recommend this to any yuri lover, just that they are ready for the random "HAPPY-HAPPY" ending.

It is obviously inspired off of Utena, any yuri fan can notice this as soon as they take a look at it. With the roses, school uniforms and such. "SAVE THE PRINCESS FOR I AM A PRINCE". Akira Okuzaki

Spoiler:
But still, I wish it had turned out differently, especially for Yuki to get some love too instead of being shoved to the side.

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:43 pm

I really was enjoying this one until it's horrible down-fall....
I felt very disappointed...

Luckily the yuri ending kinda made it up. But I wanted more interaction of Sora with the girls....
And in all the endings I hated the fact that the girls were paired up with a guy... lame...

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4174
Armitage GUTS!!! : 755

View user profile http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:59 am

I liked the yuri-harem bit, and the weapon mechanic was obviously Utena... but then that ending... I couldn't even get to the very ending because I was so put off by the last bit of the manga. ^^;

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1203
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Yeah, I know how you feel. I almost gave it up.
I'd had been purchasing all the volumes of the japanese manga (since I was liking the story) but then when I read that ending I was like: 'all my money wasted! T^T'

But the 'let's please the yuri fans ending just to save my reputation' ending made me keep them...

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:01 am

shezaei-neko wrote:Yeah, I know how you feel. I almost gave it up.
I'd had been purchasing all the volumes of the japanese manga (since I was liking the story) but then when I read that ending I was like: 'all my money wasted! T^T'

But the 'let's please the yuri fans ending just to save my reputation' ending made me keep them...

Lol. Yeah...

The ending is such BS. Not even counting the fact that the author completely nullified the yuri at the end. WHAT WAS HE THINKING?!

Siggy made by depression76

ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8918
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

View user profile http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:11 am

There's one theory out there that said that he chickened out due to the law that would be censoring many topics in different publications, especially manga.
Topics like extreme violence, sexual relationships, even romance in school (like those fluffy comedy romances).....
I'm not sure this is true...but when the manga was being published, this was a controversial topic there in Japan....

shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top