Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Pottermore

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pottermore

Post by WolvenBane08 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Okay, so it's not really Anime or Manga....but meh. Feel free to move it, Luu.

ANYWAY. Pottermore. http://www.pottermore.com/
The main draw of the website is, obviously, to see what Hogwarts House you'd be sorted into. However, there's much more to the site than just that. JK Rowling herself made the site (so it's as legit as you'll ever get), and she's filled it with innumerable little gems. As you move through the story (so far only Book 1 is up) you are encouraged to interact with the world, unlocking all sorts of extras and background information as you go.

I know that, so far, my favorite part is the history of Minerva McGonagall. And by history, I mean detailed history. Rowling talks about Minerva's mother, and life growing up, her first love, the man she ultimately married, her first job out of Hogwarts, and how she wound up teaching.

And Minerva's not the only character she does this with. She also goes into detail about Number 4 Privet Drive, and how she came up with the idea of it. Not to mention highly detailed descriptions of wand woods, cores, lengths, flexibility, and how they all merge in unique ways.

So, while being sorted and getting your own wand is definitely a draw, I personally find all the extra information to be absolutely fascinating.

Also, I'm just curious to see what Houses everybody get's sorted into. I'm in Hufflepuff, which I fully expected considering my loyalty and tendency to forgive. Rayne was sorted into Gryffindor, which I also predicted.
Two of my best friends from Sygnus are sporting the black and yellow with me, as are a number of artists on dA (including Yamino, who has apparently made it her life's mission to collect ties from other houses by seducing the girls...DEFINITELY proud to be in Hufflepuff with her~).
Beware, though. My friends from Sygnus and I are already garnering quite the reputation as the "Terrible Trio" of Hufflepuff~

If you do join, look me up and shoot me a message as to who you are. I'm ShadowErised1754.

WolvenBane08
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor

Bubuzuke points : 1047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 285

View user profile http://wolvenbane08.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pottermore

Post by depression76 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:18 pm

I just posted at dA but I'll post here again.

I'm a darn Griffindor and my name there's SnitchWolf20026!!

Add meee xD

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm StrikeHowl9698 and I'm a Slytherin (proud of it too). Feel free to add me.

Potions are hard, but I'm enjoying the challenge. I didn't know that only Book 1 was out until I read the comments. Yes, I read those, especially when I'm stuck. Unfortunately, I'll probably lose all the house points I've contributed to Slytherin after I'm done with the practice potion. Pottermore is addictive and I didn't even know I would be drawn to it beyond the house sorting and getting my first wand.

Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3662
Armitage GUTS!!! : 554

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:20 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top