Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Kannazuki no Miko discussion thread [Chikane x Himeko]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kannazuki no Miko discussion thread [Chikane x Himeko]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Kannazuki no Miko

<--- Cuz Soma is too sexy for his shirt, right? Akira Okuzaki

We all know the loveliness of Kannazuki no Miko. A lot of yuri fans I've met have told me that this was what sparked their interest in yuri. Um, can you blame them? Chikane x Himeko's relationship was able to outshine a plot filled with battles, the cliche male hero and mechas. Don't forget about the mechas! The highest selling point of an anime/manga series and they were dwarfed by girl on girl love. Eat your heart out, Evangelion and Gundam.

There's a lot to go over with Kannazuki no Miko, but I'll leave this thread up for the MMasses to talk about. Discuss the characters, storylines, Chikane's love for Himeko, the loose sequel, etc. Discussions are a must!

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42279
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2498

View user profile http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Kannazuki no Miko discussion thread [Chikane x Himeko]

Post by Magus Phantalus on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Loose sequel? I vaguely remember an utterly terrible manga that had Chikane and Himeko in it but the only thing those versions had in common with their KnM counterparts where name and appearance. For example it seemed to paint Chikane as a massive slut and the manga itself was very fanservicey.

The orginal KnM seems pretty good though I haven't finished the manga yet but I like it so far.

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:41 am

Ha, what can I say? It's my very first yuri series so it'll always hold a special place in my heart. The male lead was very likeable so you felt sad for him in the end. The mecha element was atrocious (and would have worked better if they used real demonic monsters). Chikane and Himeko are a very cute couple and iconic in yuri circles. <3

I'd so more in depth, but I just woke up and can't think right now. =P

Sequel? Which one?
1. Kiyoshiro to Towa no Sora
2. Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito (ish, but not really)
3. The fanservice manga: Zettai Shōjo Seiiki Amnesian
And wasn't there another manga? Not the actual Kannazuki no Miko manga, but another adaptation?

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1203
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:34 am

Amnesian thats the crappy one. I'd rather have been unaware of that one's existence.

Also from what I heard each of those you mentioned Dash could be read as stand alone is that true? As in they have very little to do with the original story?

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:54 am

Yep, each of them can be read/watched separately from one another- they aren't direct sequels or prequels and each have their own unique plots. Even the names are slightly altered.

Example: (in Kyoshiro)
Chikane - Kaon
Himeko - Himiko

Be warned about Kiyoshiro: the main focus is on a male/female pairing with the Chikane/Himeko characters in the background. Now, normally this wouldn't be an issue for me, but the main pairing, both the girl and the boy, are so unlikeable that some people just watch the series for the Kaon/Himiko parts.

Like this frustrated uploader:

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Before I share my fond memories of Kannazuki no Miko, I have to share two videos I've uploaded recently:

Chikane's confession of sin and Himeko's confession of love [Japanese version. Spoilers!]

Chikane's confession of sin and Himeko's confession of love [English version. Spoilers!]

Chikane's confession of sin and Himeko's confession of love. Scene from Kannazuki no miko Ep. 12. Very beautiful scene between these two.

"Priestesses of the Godless Month"
"Kannazuki no Miko" (神無月の巫女)

Now you all remember this scene very clearly, but my goodness, did the dubbed Himeko (Jennifer Sekiguchi) overact or what? ^^;

Magus: I was referring to Zettai Shōjo Seiiki Amnesian. O_O I don't think I've peered into the others yet. Link meh?

The law of physics: Whenever there's this much gay in one room, Shizuru manifests!
When Shizuru said "Ara" for the first time, the "Ara" broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies.

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:20 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I don't think I've peered into the others yet. Link meh?

Was that aimed at me? Er... Google and Youtube. I haven't watched either series in forever. Amnesian is on mangafox.

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:44 am

Already got what I needed on mangafox, but no, I was talking to Magus. rei hino

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:45 am

Oh sorry Luu I didn't know who you were talking to either. But to be honest I'm not entirely familiar with the other works either I'm just aware of them.

Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan on Tue May 15, 2012 10:18 am

SpiralDasher wrote:Sequel? Which one?
1. Kiyoshiro to Towa no Sora
2. Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito (ish, but not really)
3. The fanservice manga: Zettai Shōjo Seiiki Amnesian
And wasn't there another manga? Not the actual Kannazuki no Miko manga, but another adaptation?
YamiBou?? ö.ö What is that during there?? ;P No, I got your point.
Yes, I think there was another one, but I can't remember it right now either :^) I know it was the manga before Amnesian though. Or am I just imagining it, I can't find anything *ish confused*

SpiralDasher wrote:Be warned about Kiyoshiro: the main focus is on a male/female pairing with the Chikane/Himeko characters in the background. Now, normally this wouldn't be an issue for me, but the main pairing, both the girl and the boy, are so unlikeable that some people just watch the series for the Kaon/Himiko parts.
Oh, don't remind me. This anime was horrible. I don't know how I could watch the whole thing ô.o But yes, the Kaon & Himiko parts are good :3 I have to say I liked this version of Himeko more. Real Himeko annoys the hell out of me now (for certain reasons and influences, oh well).

Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7062
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

View user profile http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Fri May 18, 2012 3:19 am

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Yes, I think there was another one, but I can't remember it right now either :^) I know it was the manga before Amnesian though. Or am I just imagining it, I can't find anything *ish confused*

I did some browsing and perhaps it's "Himegami no Miko"? I haven't looked at it (or found it) yet, but if it is different, I definitely have to check it out.

Kino karutta-chan wrote:
SpiralDasher wrote:Be warned about Kiyoshiro: the main focus is on a male/female pairing with the Chikane/Himeko characters in the background. Now, normally this wouldn't be an issue for me, but the main pairing, both the girl and the boy, are so unlikeable that some people just watch the series for the Kaon/Himiko parts.
Oh, don't remind me. This anime was horrible. I don't know how I could watch the whole thing ô.o But yes, the Kaon & Himiko parts are good :3 I have to say I liked this version of Himeko more. Real Himeko annoys the hell out of me now (for certain reasons and influences, oh well).

There are a couple of Specials of Kyoshiro that have some Kaon/Himiko moments in them. =)

--

One of the Specials is even supposed to be a spoof of many different yuri animes with the Kiyoshiro characters acting out "iconic" scenes, but I can't find which Special is it. =/

Edit: I found the special which spoofs other yuri series! It's number five:

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan on Fri May 18, 2012 8:03 am

Yeah, Himegami no Miko (even if the name doesn't ring a bell XD). Chikane numero 3 lost her memory or something. It has some fanservice too but it's not nearly as bad as in Amnesian. It was okay, I believe ö.ö
If you can't find it, just tell me and I will send it to you (I should have it somewhere ö_ö).

SpiralDasher wrote:There are a couple of Specials of Kyoshiro that have some Kaon/Himiko moments in them. =)
I know ;P : D Special Two is still my favourite X3
Nya Nya in Four though ö.ö

And I remember watching Special Five and being like "wtf even??". It still has this effect on me ô.o XD

Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Sun May 20, 2012 6:44 am

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Yeah, Himegami no Miko (even if the name doesn't ring a bell XD). Chikane numero 3 lost her memory or something. It has some fanservice too but it's not nearly as bad as in Amnesian. It was okay, I believe ö.ö
If you can't find it, just tell me and I will send it to you (I should have it somewhere ö_ö).

I found it... but only the site where it links to and it's all in Japanese! Is the one you have in English? Or will I have to rely on Google translate? XD

Kino karutta-chan wrote:
SpiralDasher wrote:There are a couple of Specials of Kyoshiro that have some Kaon/Himiko moments in them. =)
I know ;P : D Special Two is still my favourite X3
Nya Nya in Four though ö.ö

And I remember watching Special Five and being like "wtf even??". It still has this effect on me ô.o XD

Four and five are my favorites. Five for the "wtf?lol!-ness" and four because we got to see an over protective Kaon silenced by Himiko's kiss! XD

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 am

SpiralDasher wrote:
Kino karutta-chan wrote:Yeah, Himegami no Miko (even if the name doesn't ring a bell XD). Chikane numero 3 lost her memory or something. It has some fanservice too but it's not nearly as bad as in Amnesian. It was okay, I believe ö.ö

I found it... but only the site where it links to and it's all in Japanese! Is the one you have in English? Or will I have to rely on Google translate? XD
I actually don't have it O__O And I have no idea why because I am sure that I read it in English ö.ö *ish confused* Sorry :<

Why not the second extra?? ö.ö

Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Himegami no Miko?
Kyoshiro no Towa extras?

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do with this fandom T______T

Anyone can point me out where to start? I didn't know that Kyoshiro has extras about Himiko and Kaon in them. Where else can I find ChikaHime?

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:22 am

Kino karutta-chan wrote:I actually don't have it O__O And I have no idea why because I am sure that I read it in English ö.ö *ish confused* Sorry :<

Why not the second extra?? ö.ö

I found it in English (on an obscure blogging site @_@)! Or at least the first few parts. I hope some more gets translated.

While the second extra is extremely cute and I really like it, I'm more of a humor person so Himiko tugging an over protective Kaon down for a kiss got a reaction out of me. It's not that I didn't like number two, I just liked number four a bit more. =)

depression76 wrote:Anyone can point me out where to start? I didn't know that Kyoshiro has extras about Himiko and Kaon in them. Where else can I find ChikaHime?
vvvvvvvvvvvv

--

One of the Specials is even supposed to be a spoof of many different yuri animes with the Kiyoshiro characters acting out "iconic" scenes: #5

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:25 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:
depression76 wrote:Anyone can point me out where to start? I didn't know that Kyoshiro has extras about Himiko and Kaon in them. Where else can I find ChikaHime?
vvvvvvvvvvvv

--

One of the Specials is even supposed to be a spoof of many different yuri animes with the Kiyoshiro characters acting out "iconic" scenes: #5

Ah, didn't see that.

Cheers, dashy!

:: deviantArt :: Personal Blog :: Tumblr ::

depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

View user profile http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:34 pm

depression76 wrote:Ah, didn't see that.

Cheers, dashy!
No prob! ^^b

SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Yagamic on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Oh, I just watched the 4th and 5th special Mikoto Minagi (the 2nd one I already did long time ago) and they are great :D the 4th one in particular, 'cause the other is like ''wth!? LOL'' like you all say Shiho Huit

Personally, I prefer Kaon than Chikane :3 I think her design is cooler I love you (Also, I like her earings :3) and when I watched Kyoshiro I thought it was a pretty fine anime, for me KNM and Kyoshiro are in the same level actually. But KNM has more yuri so it's a big plus Dance

Yagamic
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 474
Armitage GUTS!!! : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Chikane x Himeko

Normally I don't go looking for yuri in a series, otherwise I'd miss out on something great. In this case I do prefer the more yuri oriented KNM when it comes to it's universe. I'm just used to Kannazuki no Miko involving the lovely Chikane and her Himeko. Everything else is just...there.

Mecha?

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie on Tue May 07, 2013 8:19 pm

This is my favorite show! No matter what, it's the one show that brings tears to my eyes in the final episode! Everytime I think I'll finally be able to watch it without a single tear a ninja comes to cut onions under my eyes!!

The sequels are cringe worthy. I Love Kaon and Himiko since we are able to see the couple lovingly interact with one another but plz someone shoot the main couple!!! Kannazuki manga is also cringe worthy but Kannazuki's drama cds are okay.

Himemiya Chikane is my all time favorite! So many layers to her!! I love how the story progresses between her and Himeko! The first time I watched the show I was loving the art, but when the ep ended with her kissing Himeko I think I blew up fireworks! I did not see that coming!!! Suddenly an average show took on epic proportions, the yuri came to unveil itself in a deep timeless love story!

There are fabulous fanfictions that wrap up the story exactly where the show left off! Every time I watch it, I need to read them and I'm completely content after.

CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire on Tue May 07, 2013 10:35 pm

No offense to Mai-HiME purists, but I must raff at you for criticizing Mai-Otome taking things in a new direction when Kannazuki no Miko's sequels (spin-offs?) were not only bad; they did nothing for the little franchise. You take one of the most classic yuri titles that brought circa 2000s anime viewers into yuri and ruined it. They didn't take the series into new heights.

Short rant out of the way, I agree with Cap when it comes to Himemiya Chikane. As I've stated a million times on this thread, Chikane represents the sexually confused and sexually frustrated closet lesbian. She struggles internally much more than Himeko does, you could relate to her. My problem with Kannazuki no Miko is never following up on their present day relationship. A proper sequel would explore their new found love for one another, whilst facing new challenges that roadblock their love. Kannazuki no Miko could of been the series that dealt with homosexual issues and brought a sense of unity and understanding. They were at that point once the mecha and Sohma crapola ended, why stop now?!

Chikane x Himeko

Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top